The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Passport Music Software, LLC - ceased trading
Old 26th April 2022
Passport Music Software, LLC - ceased trading

SUPPORT THREAD - Encore MTPro Music Time Post company closure.

Hey Guys so Ive been a heavy user of Encore & MTPro sequencing software for over 20 years and poof they've ceased trading and closed all contact. Just so happens I need a serial to use Encore on another computer as the last one has crapped out. Just so happens that now I need a Mac version but now Win serial won't work on Mac. But poof they've closed doors. This is a real shame. & I only upgraded a few months back last year...

The least they could do is come on here or somewhere if not already? and make a statement.. At least someone out there could manage a data base of users so at least we could obtain a serial etc.

I have several hundred projects written in Score on Encore that I now have to convert to Midi file to be able to open in something else. Thinking of using Finale software but it only has 8 total midi ports (128 midi channels) where as Encore allowed 32 ports! & when you have a large synth & sampler rig you need em.. I don't know what to do...

Such a shame.. any one with intel on them?? ..

Hey Richard Hotchkiss & Jennifer Brazinski are you out there?
Old 29th April 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

When I hit "Save" or "Save As" or "Print" or "Export," a window pops up saying "Purchase online now," which is linked to Passport's defunct website.

Is there another way to enter a serial number?

Last edited by Deirdre; 29th April 2022 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre ➡️
When I hit "Save" or "Save As" or "Print" or "Export," a window pops up saying "Purchase online now," which is linked to Passport's defunct website.

Is there another way to enter a serial number?
Perhaps you need the full version or something else. Maybe win version operated differently in respect of demo and full functionality and req purchases. Did you try looking at the main menu? Otherwise I'll look later tonight at my window machine and report back
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for looking into this matter. I'm off to bed, as it's terribly late in Ireland right now.
Old 1st May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A couple of things. Hotchkiss was out a loooong time ago.

A few Namms ago, I met the guy who bought the code, but I don't remember his name at the moment. His plan was to get someone involved in updating the programs.

Someone.....someone....still owns the code. Which is copyrighted code.

It's one thing for a code owner to declare his/her code to now be freeware.

But....you're not the code owner. Which means you yourself have no power to define Passport code as abandoned.

Much less encourage active trading of serial numbers.

Perhaps the current owner of the code will speak up at some point. Hell, maybe Dave Kusek will buy it.

I bought every version of MtPro from 1987 Atari/Mac/pc versions till whenever 6.8.4 or whatever the last one was. Still have all my serials. Still amazed that mtPro just keeps on working great, including on Windows 11.

I think this thread should be closed by the mods.
Old 1st May 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle ➡️
A couple of things. Hotchkiss was out a loooong time ago.

A few Namms ago, I met the guy who bought the code, but I don't remember his name at the moment. His plan was to get someone involved in updating the programs.

Someone.....someone....still owns the code. Which is copyrighted code.

It's one thing for a code owner to declare his/her code to now be freeware.

But....you're not the code owner. Which means you yourself have no power to define Passport code as abandoned.

Much less encourage active trading of serial numbers.

Perhaps the current owner of the code will speak up at some point. Hell, maybe Dave Kusek will buy it.

I bought every version of MtPro from 1987 Atari/Mac/pc versions till whenever 6.8.4 or whatever the last one was. Still have all my serials. Still amazed that mtPro just keeps on working great, including on Windows 11.

I think this thread should be closed by the mods.
Thanks or some intel. But apart from that, if something happened to your studio situation and you needed some help or Mac version or you machines were stolen or something blah blah and you needed to open MTPro projects you would be grateful for some user help and you would change your attitude flip flop. But instead you come on here and want to shut people down trying to help one another. Hey I'm all up for paying for software . Ive paid my dues to Gvox & passport mate so don't tell me that we cannot create a user support group and we should be shut down. It's all very well and good for you to be sitting pretty with your codes.. but nek minute you would change your spots if something happened to your situation. I guarantee. Humans.. Sigh....
Old 1st May 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre ➡️
Thank you so much for looking into this matter. I'm off to bed, as it's terribly late in Ireland right now.
Hey Deirdre. I'm so glad I was able to help you and that you are back up and running on your windows machine again. Remember to back-up those files I sent you. Z.
Closed