Quantcast
Comparison: VSX - MixingRoom - Realphones - Sienna - Sonarworks - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Comparison: VSX - MixingRoom - Realphones - Sienna - Sonarworks
Old 26th September 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Thank you all for the feedback.
In case you haven't heard, we are offering a free version of Sienna until October 1, 2021: https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...ls/sienna-free

Sienna Free contains only the Sienna Rooms plug-in plus the HOG SUN218 Sub room, and over 180 headphone emulations from the world's most famous brands that we carefully measured and profiled.

Getting your free copy of Sienna is very simple:

- Install and authorize the Sienna FREE in the desired plug-in format before October 1, 2021.

As usual, both the commercial versions plus all the Volumes are available to demo for 30 days.
I was thinking about buying the VSX system from slate figured I would try sienna first since it was free..

My advice is stay away!

I have 56 cores, I chose a pro tools session with a 128 plus track count & almost all fx & channel processing off loaded to a soundgrid server .. that session barely pushes the cpus overhead to 8%.

I put sienna room 5 on a return mix buss & quickly got CPU overhead spikes between 40% - 60% and higher depending on the plugin settings..

I also tried it on my master buss same result.

Question:
Is this true for all headphone speaker emulation plugins or what?

My hope is that someone can comment on this, because so far my conclusion is that this tech is dangerous!
Old 26th September 2021 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuser32 ➡️
I was thinking about buying the VSX system from slate figured I would try sienna first since it was free..

My advice is stay away!

I have 56 cores, I chose a pro tools session with a 128 plus track count & almost all fx & channel processing off loaded to a soundgrid server .. that session barely pushes the cpus overhead to 8%.

I put sienna room 5 on a return mix buss & quickly got CPU overhead spikes between 40% - 60% and higher depending on the plugin settings..

Question:

My hope is that someone can comment on this, because so far my conclusion is that this tech is dangerous!
Try using a larger buffer size in PT. Sienna is not an algo plugin, it uses sampling technology. The plugin is loading samples of the actual room. You can install the trial of Sienna Reference which is only headphone correction without room emulation instead and it's much lighter.
Old 27th September 2021 | Show parent
Quote:

My advice is stay away!

Question:

VSX is very light in my experience. Granted, I've never tried Sienna, Realphones, or any others, although I do have Sonarworks as well, which is also very light. My two cents, but hopefully that helps.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Try using a larger buffer size in PT. Sienna is not an algo plugin, it uses sampling technology. The plugin is loading samples of the actual room. You can install the trial of Sienna Reference which is only headphone correction without room emulation instead and it's much lighter.
Thanks for the suggestions but..
I'm gonna pass on any further testing of Sienna..
I have too much to remember as it is to play forget to raise your audio buffer destroy your computer!

My suggestion, since you offered yours is..
please consider addressing the issue on your end.

Good Luck!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions but..
I'm gonna pass on any further testing of Sienna..
I have too much to remember as it is to play forget to raise your audio buffer destroy your computer!

My suggestion, since you offered yours is..
please consider addressing the issue on your end.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the feedback, however, we are not able to replicate the issue on our end. Much appreciated anyway.
Best regards.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Sowell ➡️
VSX is very light in my experience. Granted, I've never tried Sienna, Realphones, or any others, although I do have Sonarworks as well, which is also very light. My two cents, but hopefully that helps.
Your two cents is greatly appreciated!

Sonarworks look very interesting and is more in-line with what I was expecting..
Reminds me of the room correction software IK Multimedia offers but also for headphones.
Old 28th September 2021 | Show parent
Quote:
Your two cents is greatly appreciated!

Sonarworks look very interesting and is more in-line with what I was expecting..
Reminds me of the room correction software IK Multimedia offers but also for headphones.
Sonarworks and VSX are two totally different things, although VSX does offer a "linear headphone" setting as part of the package.

Sonarworks is simply headphone correction, and that's it. They do one thing and do it VERY well. VSX is room simulation on a proprietary set of headphones specifically designed for their software. Depending on what you're looking for, one or the other may be what you want. Are you looking for correction or simulation?
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Sowell ➡️
Sonarworks and VSX are two totally different things, although VSX does offer a "linear headphone" setting as part of the package.

Sonarworks is simply headphone correction, and that's it. They do one thing and do it VERY well. VSX is room simulation on a proprietary set of headphones specifically designed for their software. Depending on what you're looking for, one or the other may be what you want. Are you looking for correction or simulation?
Your wrong about Sonarworks being simply headphone correction. Sonarworks is both just visit the website.

But to answer the question, I need room treatment, speaker calibration, & headphone correction. Covid has forced me to re-locate my businesses and change the way I work. For now it's DIY headphone correction and room simulation software, I prefer to pay to have the new room treated and speakers calibrated by a professional.

Life after covid.. were all writing songs about it.
Quote:
Your wrong about Sonarworks being simply headphone correction. Sonarworks is both just visit the website.

But to answer the question, I need room treatment, speaker calibration, & headphone correction. Covid has forced me to re-locate my businesses and change the way I work. For now it's DIY headphone correction and room simulation software, I prefer to pay to have the new room treated and speakers calibrated by a professional.

Life after covid.. were all writing songs about it.
Huh, well cool! That's new for me, the version I have doesn't have those, or at least I haven't taken the time to look lol! Thanks for that!

Well then, it looks like it's down to price, budget, and preferences. I preferred VSX, but that's me.

I totally hear you on speaker setup and calibration. I wouldn't trust myself to do it properly. Those people know what they're about.
Old 29th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
With such tools it comes down to which HPs you use. I prefer the CLA Nx over its competition with the Austrian Audio Hi-X65s.
Old 6th October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

I have both Realphones and Sienna Guru. Personally I have the feeling that Realphones works much better for my needs (Classical Music mastering) but it may well be due to the fact that I don't really understand Sienna and its controls.

Perhaps someone can give me a hint as to what settings to use, which rooms (Set A) etc?

(For what it is worth, I am using a Beyer DT 990 pro.)
Old 6th October 2021
Acustica Audio

@ JGebauer I have your same headphone model, and these settings are my preset #1 , feel free to try and tweak. With the Spitfire NAOS10+Sub included in the Volume A sounds amazing as well as accurate with what I listed on the studio. Hope it helps!

Old 6th October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Definitely better than what I had, but I still find that it sounds a little metallic, especially with violin.

The other thing that I notice is that Sienna uses much more processing power than Realphones.
Old 20th October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh Acustica Audio are on Fire !

Another great release with Volume G for Sienna !

I have VSX. But wondering about Sienna...

Come on Slate Digital, give us some new rooms and speakers like Acustica Audio does
Old 21st October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Just trying out Sonarworks SoundID Reference and it does a great job making my Koss Porta Pro and Beyerdynamic DTX****0 sound the same . They sound quite different with processing - I'm shocked that the DTX****0 are so far off of flat (according to SoundID) since they are supposed to be just a cheaply constructed version of the DT-990 Pro? But yeah, they are over hyped in the highs for sure.

Being a cheaparse I went looking for a free version of something similar and tried Sienna Free but it isn't doing much of anything at all? :( .

BTW you can get SoundID for $88.11 with code "FORUM" here:
https://www.jrrshop.com/sonarworks-reference-headphone
Still "ouch" but I'm tempted ...

BTW this forum seems to be censoring the model name of my Beyerdynamics ? Here it is in Braille :
D T X - 9 1 0
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger ➡️
Just trying out Sonarworks SoundID Reference and it does a great job making my Koss Porta Pro and Beyerdynamic DTX****0 sound the same . They sound quite different with processing - I'm shocked that the DTX****0 are so far off of flat (according to SoundID) since they are supposed to be just a cheaply constructed version of the DT-990 Pro? But yeah, they are over hyped in the highs for sure.

Being a cheaparse I went looking for a free version of something similar and tried Sienna Free but it isn't doing much of anything at all? :( .

BTW you can get SoundID for $88.11 with code "FORUM" here:
https://www.jrrshop.com/sonarworks-reference-headphone
Still "ouch" but I'm tempted ...

BTW this forum seems to be censoring the model name of my Beyerdynamics ? Here it is in Braille :
D T X - 9 1 0
On Sienna Rooms Free, choose the studio you like and your headphones model to listen to the room emulation. You can install the 30 days free trial for Sienna (commercial) which has more features and customization for the headphone correction.
Lives for gear

Quote:
On Sienna Rooms Free, choose the studio you like and your headphones model to listen to the room emulation. You can install the 30 days free trial for Sienna (commercial) which has more features and customization for the headphone correction.
If I own Sienna with Volumes A and C can I get the Systemwide for free update?

Cheers.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
If I own Sienna with Volumes A and C can I get the Systemwide for free update?

Cheers.
Yes, it should be available in Aquarius to install for all Sienna owners. Make sure Aquarius is up to date or install the latest version from our website https://acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius
Old 21st October 2021
Acustica Audio

Also, there's a big update for Sienna Volume A with Dolby Atmos on the House of Glass (HOG) studio.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, it should be available in Aquarius to install for all Sienna owners. Make sure Aquarius is up to date or install the latest version from our website https://acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius

Quote:
Also, there's a big update for Sienna Volume A with Dolby Atmos on the House of Glass (HOG) studio.
Thanks for the heads up

I'll go and install them now.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'm choosing the empty/no room and my Koss Porta Pro - I'm trying to just flatten out the headphones Like SoundID does very well. It would seem that Sienna Rooms Free should be able to do that too?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRanger ➡️
I'm choosing the empty/no room and my Koss Porta Pro - I'm trying to just flatten out the headphones Like SoundID does very well. It would seem that Sienna Rooms Free should be able to do that too?
The headphone correction on the free version of Sienna only works when the room is selected. Being a free version has its limitations.
To get a highly customizable experience I recommend installing the Sienna commercial trial you can test for 30 days.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The headphone correction on the free version of Sienna only works when the room is selected. Being a free version has its limitations.
To get a highly customizable experience I recommend installing the Sienna commercial trial you can test for 30 days.
Already bought SoundID last night.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hello,

I activated the demo of Sienna, but had to go to another place, and finally could not really test it.
Is it possible to have another 30 days try ?
Regards
Sergio
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro ➡️
Hello,

I activated the demo of Sienna, but had to go to another place, and finally could not really test it.
Is it possible to have another 30 days try ?
Regards
Sergio
You can request via ticket to our support to activate a new slot trial: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...ct-test-period
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
FYI if you just want headphones correction there's a free way here:
Free headphones correction software :-O
I'm using it in place of my paid SoundID Reference here at the moment.
📝 Reply