The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Motu AVB interfaces and Big Sur
Old 3rd March 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Motu AVB interfaces and Big Sur

Hello all

I was checking MOTUs Facebook page and saw a lot of complaints about drivers for AVB devices for Big Sur... I was a bit surprised since I knew these devices weren't officially supported yet but I'm running an 828es via thunderbolt with no problems (obviously in Big Sur)... I don't recall exactly what I did but I had to manually load the kext disabling a security feature (probably the main reason of the incompatibility) but I wanted to know if what I was doing was uncommon or if it could be of help for anyone

JuanS
Old 3rd March 2021
Sry
Gear Maniac

I’m glad and excited to hear you’re able to run your 828es on a AS/M1 Mac and if disabling the security function is the only thing that needs to be done I might just go ahead and order a M1X/M2 Mac as soon as the proper Mac is released.

Would however prefer if MOTU gets the official compatibility sorted before I order.
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Oh oh oh! Careful there!... I'm running an Intel Mac in Big Sur not M1!... I'd presume that if the only thing that is impeding the support is the security aspect it should work fine but it is probably better to see if someone using an M1 can confirm for you

JuanS
Old 3rd March 2021
Sry
Gear Maniac

Oh I see. Thank you for letting me know, guess I use jumper to conclusion you were using M1 because I wanted it to be true. I could have gotten a bad surprise the day I plugged in the interface hehe.
It’s nice that you seem to be getting it working anyway if the OSes updates itself which has happened to me before.
Old 27th March 2021
Here for the gear

can you explain what you did to get the kext and manually load it? and did the system prompt you to disable something or is that something you had to hunt down?
📝 Reply