The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugin Alliance Brainworx BX_Townhouse compressor
Old 19th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy ➡️
Thanks Jeff and everybody else who assisted. This is the moment when I walk back into the thread with my tail between my legs

I opened up the project where I noticed the issue and immediately needed to turn down the volume due to the noise. The point being that it wasn't just a tiny bit in the background, it was as though a synth was playing white noise at a reasonable level. I then went through each of the tracks (150 odd) and muted them one by one and guess what.... the issue was Colour Copy.

I didn't even know it had a noise circuit included but after disabling all instances the noise was completely gone.

So essentially in the first phase of my testing I had the compounded issue of Townhouse noise added to compressed Colour Copy noise. Then after reducing the v-gain on Townhouse I was still listening to compressed Colour Copy noise. The reason I then thought it was Townhouse was because when I bypassed that the noise was gone which, in hindsight, makes sense because the many many Colour Copy instances were no longer being compressed.

TL;DR: All fixed now and thanks to everybody for their help. The noise in Townhouse can indeed to reduced to an inaudible level and I'm back in love wih it.
Glad you got it figured out. It can be very frustrating tracking down those pesky bugs. We have all had that facepalm moment.
Old 20th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well done, Matt!
Old 27th December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
$9.99 now with coupon.
Old 27th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
What an incredible bargain for those who don't have it.
Old 4th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone having troubles with townhouse crashing Logic 10.6.0?

If I try to open a project that has an instance of townhouse, it crashes.
The only way to open the project is to move the .component file out of the plugins folder.
I have no problem adding townhouse to an existing project, but once it's saved it can't be reopened.
Gear Maniac

Quick Note...
Not sure what is going on with your set up but this can happen with just about any plugin in Logic and there are number of threads on here about it.

One quick fix that might help-
Quit logic
Open a brand new project with an Audio track in that new project.
Then try and open the project that your having a problem with on top of the new open project. (Dont close or save it.)

All going well you will have two open projects now and you can close the empty project.

Most times this seems to clear the problem but I find I have to do this a lot these days.

Hope this helps..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingataff ➡️

The only way to open the project is to move the .component file out of the plugins folder.
I have no problem adding townhouse to an existing project, but once it's saved it can't be reopened.
do you have the ilok software installed? it's a known problem, even pace acknoledges this. there have been lots of problems even with non pace-protected plug-ins like fabfilter, etc ... try opening an empty project, insert a townhouse plug-in somewhere, close this and open the other project.
Gear Maniac

Thats interesting, I didn't know that Ilock was a problem at times. I had the above issue today with an Ilock plugin and thought I wonder why .. Looks like it might be.
Thanks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the help guys, glad to know this is known issue!

I do have the ilok software, but will try the tips you gave me. I just tried to open a project and of course it worked first time (it's like going to the doctor and magically the pain has gone away before your name is called) but will try the new project the it happens again.
Old 5th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thanks for the help guys, glad to know this is known issue!

I do have the ilok software, but will try the tips you gave me. I just tried to open a project and of course it worked first time (it's like going to the doctor and magically the pain has gone away before your name is called) but will try the new project the it happens again.
this is a very strange thing indeed.

a few months back a programmer from fabfilter wrote something about that pace sometimes 'corrupts' the memory space for other plug-ins. something like pace has to be sort of invasive, otherwise it would not work, i presume.

a while back, the friendly ilok support suggested the following and it made things definitly better for me:

* unplug all physical iloks
* download latest ilok-support installer
* deinstall ilok support with the deinstaller from this package
* reboot
* install latest ilok software
* reboot
* plug in physical iloks and 'synchronize' the licenses in the ilok manager
Old 13th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman18 ➡️
Quick Note...
Not sure what is going on with your set up but this can happen with just about any plugin in Logic and there are number of threads on here about it.

One quick fix that might help-
Quit logic
Open a brand new project with an Audio track in that new project.
Then try and open the project that your having a problem with on top of the new open project. (Dont close or save it.)

All going well you will have two open projects now and you can close the empty project.

Most times this seems to clear the problem but I find I have to do this a lot these days.

Hope this helps..
Man, what's up with Logic these days? So many people have reported, they have huge problems? What about the new M1 processer, any luck there? It used to be such a great DAW. :(
Old 13th January 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I think part of the problem is the speed of development and how even the apple Dev team for logic, are struggling to keep up with it. The goals are constantly moving forward and when they do, like the new M1 it introduces new problems and issues they need to fix first and the old outstanding bugs and issues don't get the love that they once might have.

Its a difficult balancing act as I am sure we all want super fast DAWS and new shiny features with the ability to run unlimited plugins but at the same time have a stable working environment too.
Old 17th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

No, it functions fine to me. I'm still on Catalina, though, running Logic 10.6.1
Old 30th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Basic compressor 101 questions pertaining specifically to Townhouse. Forgive me for my brain has switched off for the day.

If I want the comp to respond less to the low end I would think I'd adjust the sidechain knob at the top of the GUI which, according to the manual, filters the low end.

I figure I then need to activate and assign the key input given that's the sidechain. However aren't I then instructing the comp to behave specifically on the low end (ie the exact opposite of what I'm trying to achieve)?
Old 1st October 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy ➡️
Basic compressor 101 questions pertaining specifically to Townhouse. Forgive me for my brain has switched off for the day.

If I want the comp to respond less to the low end I would think I'd adjust the sidechain knob at the top of the GUI which, according to the manual, filters the low end.

I figure I then need to activate and assign the key input given that's the sidechain. However aren't I then instructing the comp to behave specifically on the low end (ie the exact opposite of what I'm trying to achieve)?
re
"If I want the comp to respond less to the low end I would think I'd adjust the sidechain knob at the top of the GUI which, according to the manual, filters the low end."

yes.

"I figure I then need to activate and assign the key input given that's the sidechain."

No -
this is side chain scenario 1 which is 'internal sidechaining'

Activating 'Key' and assigning an input to it is 'External sidechaining'

It's one or the other!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blaster ➡️
re
"If I want the comp to respond less to the low end I would think I'd adjust the sidechain knob at the top of the GUI which, according to the manual, filters the low end."

yes.

"I figure I then need to activate and assign the key input given that's the sidechain."

No -
this is side chain scenario 1 which is 'internal sidechaining'

Activating 'Key' and assigning an input to it is 'External sidechaining'

It's one or the other!
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking it was the same sidechain circuit and the key was activating it.

Now I know they're independent it makes a world of sense. Thanks for that.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Old 20th December 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
How hard are we hitting the input of the townhouse? I typically run my mixes with my brickwall at -10, so that the mastering engineer has room to work..

With my gain staging as such, I'm bringing the threshold on the townhouse down to about -10/-12 and the input meter on the townhouse is barely lighting up.

Do we have a favorite signal level to hit this plugin?
📝 Reply