Quantcast
Neve Recall Software - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neve Recall Software
Old 15th January 2019
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Neve Recall Software

I recently had a studio refurb. OSX was updated during this to Mojave. Neve Recall software seemed to work but didn’t detect the hardware. This turned out to be a faulty USB lead as the Mac OSX system specs on USB didn’t report the hardware. Lead was changed and USB settings reported Neve Outboard as detected.
A fresh install of software was done, v6.3 appears to be the latest download with the 64bit driver. All old files removed as per instructions although the .pkg file referred to in the system /Library / Receipts could not be found for removal.
Fresh install gave success messages, but on running the app I get an instant software crash. As far as I can tell Mojave does support 32bit apps at the moment (but will drop support from this point on, so Neve will need new 64bit app to continue to offer recall on Macs.

Anyone on the Mac Mojave software successfully installing and running the Neve Recall software for the Neve 8803? Unable to get to Recalls old settings or save new ones.

Cheers
David
Old 8th February 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I think the software is due an update to be honest as, for me, it's been unreliable for a good couple of years (even so far as actually getting it to instal in the first place) but I've found if you unplug the usb lead, start recall, then plug the usb lead back in it will pick up and work......sometimes have to faff about with it (plug & unplug usb lead, turn the hardware unit on and off etc) but eventually it kicks in.......that's with an 8816 and 8804 under Hi Sierra but I'm guessing the same thing applies so worth a shot as it's a proper pain without it!
Good luck
Nick
Old 20th November 2019
Here for the gear
I’m on Windows 10 Pro, and have been having a similar issue with the 8804 constantly losing sync with the 8816. This happens every single day. On a good day they will remain synchronized for a few hours before the inevitable loss of communication between devices.

The only thing that will get them to sync again is a restart of the software, and (the wearing out of your USB ports by) constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to your computer. This is hardly a solution so much as it is a (very irritating) band-aid to a persistent problem. I’d hope that if enough people contacted Neve about it, they would update the software and/or drivers.
📝 Reply