Quantcast
CPU Spikes at 100% Consistently, Ableton CPU/ASIO Issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CPU Spikes at 100% Consistently, Ableton CPU/ASIO Issues
Old 6th January 2019
Here for the gear
CPU Spikes at 100% Consistently, Ableton CPU/ASIO Issues

Hi, Everyone,

I've been having this issue on and off for a while now. As you can see from the attached screenshot, one of the cores on my processor is staying consistently at 100% while the other displays normal activity.

When using Ableton I'm able to do mixing, arranging using MME/Direct X drivers and it works pretty well. If I try to record the latency is unbearably bad and it's basically impossible.

If I switch to ASIO drivers it works sometimes but often the CPU is spiking with numbers as high as over 30,000%. This obviously results in a lot of glitching and locking up.

I've stumped the techs at Ableton and Sweetwater who are not able to figure out what could be causing this. I've done every CPU/latency setting adjustment I can find with no luck.

I have had Ableton working fine on this exact same computer for some time so I'm tending to think the CPU may just be defective and was thinking of replacing it to see if that fixes it.

Using Windows 7 with MOTU Ultralite Mk4, Intel Pentium G3220 Haswell Dual-Core 3.0GHz LGA 1, GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA.

Any other thoughts on this matter would be highly appreciated if anyone has experience with similar issues.
Attached Thumbnails
CPU Spikes at 100% Consistently, Ableton CPU/ASIO Issues-cpu-problems.png  
📝 Reply