Quantcast
Pace iLok Manager 5.0 is out! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pace iLok Manager 5.0 is out!
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Pace iLok Manager 5.0 is out!

Wonder if its safe, have not installed it yet...?

New in version 5.0.0:
Added support for automatic updates
Added notifications for iLok Cloud use
Faster load times of protected products
Installer asks to close the iLok License Manager if running
Help users turn on Theft & Loss Coverage if a Zero Downtime membership has been purchased for an iLok
Better error messages when you try to move licenses to or from the cloud
Vertical splitter cursor is no longer shown because the left locations pane has a fixed width
Cloud location on machine A should not display cloud activations if the user has a cloud session open on machine B
Fixed the transfer payment dialog for languages other than English
Fixed a typo for the Close cloud session dialog
Old 2nd November 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
My VMR which was up to an inexplicable ONE MINUTE AND FOUR SECONDS to load in Cubase 9.5.40, Windows 7 x64, iLok3, at least got back down to 14 seconds after this update.
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My main computer is always offline, and one of the reasons I bought into the whole ilok thing is to be able to move my plugins freely from computer to computer. Well, at some point, it stopped working and nobody was able to help me. In other words, I have nothing to lose. Will try it and see if it might resurrect my investments.
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I really wanted to get this software but then I saw that they require an iLok dongle :’(
Old 2nd November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate ➡️
I really wanted to get this software but then I saw that they require an iLok dongle :’(
Hahahahahaha! Good one!
Old 2nd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Always wait until you really need it is my take on it.

When either a new plugin or software/plugin update needs it, then it is time... DON'T ever install these things the first days, unless necesarry... At least NOT just because you are curious

PS. I have an online office computer (and test machine) to do my iLok management. And when that feels safe I install the same iLok Manager version on my offline main studio computer... But not before I really need it
Old 3rd November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How long can I keep using the old version? I’m not gonna beta test early software.
Old 3rd November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
How long can I keep using the old version? I’m not gonna beta test early software.
You can keep it as long as your iloked software supports the old version.
Old 3rd November 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I took a chance and downloaded this (I don't have anything critical on the go using ilok stuff, I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you have any really important sessions on the go).

Pretty happy to say load times of my Slate Digital stuff are WAYYYY faster (about 15 seconds to load up VMR, as opposed to the 2minutes+ I was getting in Bitwig). I was nearly ready to throw in the towel and sell all my iLok dongle stuff due to the frustrations with load times, however this has given me some hope. I still hope for more improvements in this area, but this is definitely a very welcome upgrade.
Old 4th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast ➡️
My main computer is always offline, and one of the reasons I bought into the whole ilok thing is to be able to move my plugins freely from computer to computer. Well, at some point, it stopped working and nobody was able to help me. In other words, I have nothing to lose. Will try it and see if it might resurrect my investments.
If your offline computer’s iLok stopped working last year you just needed to get an iLok License Manager software update. That was a bit of an ordeal last year. If you are in that camp; I am surprised you were never able to get help when you sought it because that was a well known issue. And yes this included people with offline computers (internal certificate expiration).
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction ➡️
My VMR which was up to an inexplicable ONE MINUTE AND FOUR SECONDS to load in Cubase 9.5.40, Windows 7 x64, iLok3, at least got back down to 14 seconds after this update.
Cubase is garbage and a software developer's worst nightmare. Real men use the rock solid Cockos REAPER. *crosses arms*

Anyway, I just tested 5.0 for a few minutes. The manager software looks the same as 4.xx and my plugins do load a little faster. A Slate plugin (VTM) did crash on me once but I think that was because I was just opening different iLok plugins quickly. Under normal mix conditions that probably would not have happened.

My system specs: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Cockos REAPER (latest version).

I just instantiated all of my iLoked plugins at the same time and it did not crash. So yeah, I am sticking with version 5.0, good job PACE. Except jeez...could you all finally upgrade to the new InstallShield Wizard packager? I think you are still using the version from when Windows 2000 came out.
Old 4th November 2018
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
My iLoked plugins definitely sound better now with version 5. Silkier highs, punchy lows... Amazing!

Old 4th November 2018
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Mine too. And the GUIs look more Retina now
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui ➡️
My iLoked plugins definitely sound better now with version 5. Silkier highs, punchy lows... Amazing!

More 3D?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Cubase is garbage and a software developer's worst nightmare. Real men use the rock solid Cockos REAPER. *crosses arms*

...My system specs: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Cockos REAPER (latest version).
Real men are on Windows 10.
Old 4th November 2018
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Another flypaper thread for iLok haters. 'I don't use iLok, but I hate this software.'
Old 5th November 2018
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I’m nervous to update, but I know I’d need that ilok sound on my next mix!
Old 6th November 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No problems here so far with V5.0
Old 6th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut ➡️
Real men are on Windows 10.
Pffft
Old 6th November 2018
Deleted 86c3d96
I'm Impressed

I am really amazed by the warm DRM tone with this update.
Old 12th November 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➡️

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber ➡️
Always wait until you really need it is my take on it.

When either a new plugin or software/plugin update needs it, then it is time... DON'T ever install these things the first days, unless necesarry... At least NOT just because you are curious

PS. I have an online office computer (and test machine) to do my iLok management. And when that feels safe I install the same iLok Manager version on my offline main studio computer... But not before I really need it
Yep. I've felt that way for years about Windows 10 now actually. It let's you push major updates a month iirc though. Might make that leap after over two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️

Anyway, I just tested 5.0 for a few minutes. The manager software looks the same as 4.xx and my plugins do load a little faster. A Slate plugin (VTM) did crash on me once but I think that was because I was just opening different iLok plugins quickly. Under normal mix conditions that probably would not have happened.

My system specs: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Cockos REAPER (latest version).

I just instantiated all of my iLoked plugins at the same time and it did not crash. So yeah, I am sticking with version 5.0, good job PACE. Except jeez...could you all finally upgrade to the new InstallShield Wizard packager? I think you are still using the version from when Windows 2000 came out.
Good to know. I'll wait a little while longer. Got some Soundtoys and Eventide I wish to continue using without trouble. I might actually backup the system before I let a major revision of "Pace" software trouble my work machine with its divine presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeka ➡️
No problems here so far with V5.0
Encouraging.
Old 12th November 2018
Gear Nut

You can put me in the plus column for this update. It went smoothly. Pace Services now always starts and Slate VMR now loads in a few seconds. Still using my iLok II.

Prior to this, Pace Services usually required that it be manually started and Slate VMR took something like 30 seconds to start on the first instantiation. Subsequent instantiations loaded quickly, though.

I had worked with Pace on the Services issue, to no avail. This is a welcome improvement.
Old 12th November 2018
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
It's working fine here, too.
📝 Reply