Quantcast
Is ADK Pro Audio still in business? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is ADK Pro Audio still in business?
Old 2nd August 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Is ADK Pro Audio still in business?

I emailed and I called. Their phone is disconnected and I have gotten no email response. The configurations on their page seem a little dated too.

Does anyone know anything?

If they are indeed dead, what about Boxx systems? In my work environment I am not allowed to build my own PC. I prefer not to use a Dell email computer for audio work.

thanks,
~Jay
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
FYI - I got an email today from a former ADK employee. ADK is no longer in business as of May 11th.

~Jay
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
That's some interesting news...
Old 3rd August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay M ➡️
FYI - I got an email today from a former ADK employee. ADK is no longer in business as of May 11th.

~Jay
Wow that's sad. I remember Scott when he was a member of the old Music Player forums and was just starting ADK as a one man operation. I hope Scott and everyone on his team are ok.
Old 3rd August 2018
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
That sucks! Always had a great experience with them.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

~Jay
That makes it extra weird that their site is not only still up but you can add items to your cart almost three months later. Didn't want to go to check out to see what happened then : /
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy ➡️
That makes it extra weird that their site is not only still up but you can add items to your cart almost three months later. Didn't want to go to check out to see what happened then : /
I was thinking the same. Maybe they paid for the domain for a year in advance?
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I found out they were closed too because i called with questions on a new computer i was going to have them build.

My existing adk computer still rocks. Shame they are no more.
Old 5th August 2018
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Scott was always very helpful on the old Cubase forums.
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
After a little digging I found Scott's Facebook page. It appears that business slowed down to a point where it was unsustainable. He said he was sad to shut it down but he had no choice. Anyway I wish him best of luck in whatever endeavor he chooses and the rest of his crew as well. At the same time though If ADK's website continues to stay up taking orders they should at least wipe that page and explain that ADK is no more and maybe thank the customers they had over the years so potential new customers aren't fooled into thinking they still exist. Or at the very least take the page down.
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Scott was a regular on the Sonar forum but hasn't posted for a while. Didn't know what happened to him.
But Jim Roseberry who also builds audio and video PC's is still in business. He is an often contributor to the Sonar forum.
Purrrfect Audio
Old 5th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln ➡️
Wow that's sad. I remember Scott when he was a member of the old Music Player forums and was just starting ADK as a one man operation. I hope Scott and everyone on his team are ok.
yep, I got to know scott on the old Nuendo forums years ago, nice guy who knew his stuff.

MC
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

Unfortunate, the guys at ADK have always been great, and very helpful here on gearslutz. But I can understand their difficult decision, some nitche businesses catering to such a small demographic just aren't indefinitely viable. Don't know if they expanded their demographic to say, snot nosed gamers and office solutions, or built out a music software & hardware on-line store, if that would of helped them survive.

I would have loved to start a music related nitche company that I truly loved, and made it work for a long time like they have. But chose and started a non-music business that everyone needs, could tolerate, not hate what I do, and make it profitable and sustainable, as long as I could perform the labor.

"Excuse me while I kiss this fly"
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi All,
Chris Ludwig here. I did most of the sales, support and system design over the years as well has being the web admin, designer for the past 12 years. Yes, ADK on May 11th closed its doors.
I’ve been waiting Scott to put up a post on the web site and close it down, but I see that has not happened yet. I went ahead and put the store in maintenance mode so people cannot use the cart. The cart was disabled back the day we closed. Well at least the credit card processor.
I think the ISP renewal is end of August. Until then I’ve been answering any emails to [email protected] and the contact us page.
Circumstances were more complicated than just business slowing down which has done in the past as well. But that’s up to Scott to talk about not me.
I’ve been busy trying to get my life back in order after committing 12 years to ADK so have not been on GS. Much at all.
I am in the middle of starting up a new custom DAW building company but still have a bit to go before a functional web site is up.
I am right now I’m able to build desktops and offer tech support and consultations on a new system, upgrades or if anyone needs help with DIY building projects.
Until the web site is up anyone can PM me here on GS or use this email and phone number to contact about a new system, support, juts wants to say Hi, etc.
[email protected]
(860) 946-0698

Chris Ludwig
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLudwig ➡️
Hi All,
Chris Ludwig here. I did most of the sales, support and system design over the years as well has being the web admin, designer for the past 12 years. Yes, ADK on May 11th closed its doors.
I’ve been waiting Scott to put up a post on the web site and close it down, but I see that has not happened yet. I went ahead and put the store in maintenance mode so people cannot use the cart. The cart was disabled back the day we closed. Well at least the credit card processor.
I think the ISP renewal is end of August. Until then I’ve been answering any emails to [email protected]dio.com and the contact us page.
Circumstances were more complicated than just business slowing down which has done in the past as well. But that’s up to Scott to talk about not me.
I’ve been busy trying to get my life back in order after committing 12 years to ADK so have not been on GS. Much at all.
I am in the middle of starting up a new custom DAW building company but still have a bit to go before a functional web site is up.
I am right now I’m able to build desktops and offer tech support and consultations on a new system, upgrades or if anyone needs help with DIY building projects.
Until the web site is up anyone can PM me here on GS or use this email and phone number to contact about a new system, support, juts wants to say Hi, etc.
[email protected]
(860) 946-0698

Chris Ludwig
Hey Chris, thanks for the clarification and sorry to hear about ADK. You have certainly been a fantastic resource on GS and other places and I know people sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have invested in the custom computer business. Us slutz are loyal to those who honestly go the extra mile and deliver on promises as well as stand behind their product. You, Scott and ADK certainly fit that description. And even those of us who roll our own benefit greatly from your knowledge.

I wish you, Scott and your families all the best moving forward and when you get your site put together please let the fellow slutz know so we can continue to offer our suggestions and send people who don't want to roll their own your way.

Peace and prosperity !
Old 6th August 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Bought a couple of Macs from ADK. Fantastic staff & service. I dealt with Chris & Colton. Sorry for ADK ceasing operations. Hope Scott & all land on their feet. Chris has always been so knowledgeable & responsive. I recommend Chris highly. Hope your new venture fulfills your aspirations in every manner.
Old 6th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jim Roseberry posted on the Sonar forum that he talked to Scott and that he thought he was going to open a restaurant. That's a long way from PC building.
Old 6th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My daughter and I each have ADK computers and love them. Sorry to hear about ADK but glad to know I can get my next computer from Chris!
Chris has always been very knowledgable and generous with his help!
Bill
Old 6th August 2018
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Another absolutely satisfied, long time ADK customer here. I luckily "found" Chris after the store went down. He just did a build for me a few weeks ago. It's the usual quality build you'd expect from ADK.

Good luck Chris!

Jim Campbell
Old 23rd August 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, ADK on May 11th closed its doors.
Chris Ludwig
Well that's a daxxxx shame! Thank you for all your & Scott's posts - I was always confident the grown-ups were in charge over in this forum, especially all the back & forth w Ivy Br, Lakes & Haswell and tests. Sorry to see it change. I copied your contact info and will steer ppl your way when asked. Best wishes,
WalterT
Old 12th September 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Chris at ADK conact info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audibell ➡️
I copied your contact info and will steer ppl your way when asked.
WalterT
What is Chris's contact info? He is an awesome dude and has supported my ADK DAWs forever!!! I'd buy a PC from him in a heartbeat.

Tom
Old 12th September 2018
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Best of luck to ya Chris! You've sure helped me over the years! I'll soon be ready for a new one too so I've copied your email!
Old 12th September 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPaul ➡️
What is Chris's contact info? He is an awesome dude and has supported my ADK DAWs forever!!! I'd buy a PC from him in a heartbeat.

Tom
see post #14 above from Chris
Old 20th September 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

~Jay
about time i popped in here..

the death of ADK was greatly exaggerated
including by me on my personal FB page.

i made the mistake of opening a restaurant thinking i would be back at my desk within 3-6 months..

almost 4 yrs later, 150K and 0 profit until the last 7 months i nearly had a break down and close to suicidal.
i started having panic attacks where i was unable to cook or function for 10 minutes or so. trouble sleeping, just about drank again (sober 30 yrs)

i knew i had to do something to escape. i was broken.
trying to balance 2 biz was beyond difficult, especially when those left in charge where not able to do their jobs the last yr or so and ran the company down. i couldnt escape the restaurant until the beginning of this yr and only for a few hours a day.
it seemed best to just walk away and sell the restaurant as well. (had been trying for a yr)
i have since sold it (sort of, paying me by the month hope he can make it work)

ADK is a Phoenix, i dont ever want to go back to the volume we once had or 12 employees.

i have split the company in 1/2 basically giving Chris all the audio system sales.
at some point his website will be finished and then ADK Audio will point to him.
made the most sense as i doubt there is anyone in the country as good as Chris is.

i am doing Video and Govt. and doing it by myself and really dont want to grow past that.. time to have a life and see my family.

apologizes to anyone who didn't get their system toward the end, fortunately only a couple.

Scott
Still ADK
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Great to hear you've got a plan in place now and the ability to move forward with it all Scott.

I can't imagine the amount of stress that juggling act has placed on you and the family for the last few years, glad your able to step back and re-focus on all that's truly important in life.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hi All,
I think the ISP renewal is end of August. Until then I’ve been answering any emails to [email protected] and the contact us page.
[email protected]
(860) 946-0698

Chris Ludwig
Well I'm on my 2nd ADK PC build since 2011, I would consider myself a loyal customer but then I read this today. I'm very sad about it because it was such an easy process to update my PC for the times, but considering that was every 5 years I can see why business can slow down. It's a shame, but considering there were some really great people that worked there I probably will be looking to slide over to your new business come time to update again.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcschild ➡️
about time i popped in here..

the death of ADK was greatly exaggerated
including by me on my personal FB page.

i made the mistake of opening a restaurant thinking i would be back at my desk within 3-6 months..

almost 4 yrs later, 150K and 0 profit until the last 7 months i nearly had a break down and close to suicidal.
i started having panic attacks where i was unable to cook or function for 10 minutes or so. trouble sleeping, just about drank again (sober 30 yrs)

i knew i had to do something to escape. i was broken.
trying to balance 2 biz was beyond difficult, especially when those left in charge where not able to do their jobs the last yr or so and ran the company down. i couldnt escape the restaurant until the beginning of this yr and only for a few hours a day.
it seemed best to just walk away and sell the restaurant as well. (had been trying for a yr)
i have since sold it (sort of, paying me by the month hope he can make it work)

ADK is a Phoenix, i dont ever want to go back to the volume we once had or 12 employees.

i have split the company in 1/2 basically giving Chris all the audio system sales.
at some point his website will be finished and then ADK Audio will point to him.
made the most sense as i doubt there is anyone in the country as good as Chris is.

i am doing Video and Govt. and doing it by myself and really dont want to grow past that.. time to have a life and see my family.

apologizes to anyone who didn't get their system toward the end, fortunately only a couple.

Scott
Still ADK
Or not? I'm a little confused but if computer's are still being built by you guys I'll still buy them.
Old 20th September 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Scott,

glad to hear you're on the mend.

wishing you and Chris success in the next chapter of your lives.

MC
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosajjao ➡️
Or not? I'm a little confused but if computer's are still being built by you guys I'll still buy them.
yes Chris does audio and i do video. websites are active and have been. they were only shut down for 2 weeks or so
just a rough transition. new phone #s no more warehouse and huge overhead.

everything is still under the ADK umbrella until Chris finishes his website.

Scott
ADK
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Kaine ➡️
Great to hear you've got a plan in place now and the ability to move forward with it all Scott.

I can't imagine the amount of stress that juggling act has placed on you and the family for the last few years, glad your able to step back and re-focus on all that's truly important in life.
thank you Pete!

on top of all that.. had to sell my home and we moved to Tennessee.
that was the plan, just not for another 3 yrs..

massive life changes! now i have to build a house here.
but all is good now and i eat dinner with my family every night once again..
📝 Reply