The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD Apollo (Console) Keyboard Volume Control on Mac
Old 16th April 2018
Deleted b69c0aa ðŸŽ™ï¸
UAD Apollo (Console) Keyboard Volume Control on Mac

Just thought I'd post this tip as it bugged me for ages and I never found a workaround online.

Basically you need BetterTouchTool (pretty indispensable regardless of this IMO).

See the pics attached...works great, and you don't have to be in Console.

The last pic is optional...if you want it to keep going up or down while holding the key...basically you click on the gear icon to the left of "Shortcut"...do it for both F11 and F12.
Attached Thumbnails
UAD Apollo (Console) Keyboard Volume Control on Mac-screen-shot-2018-04-16-04.08.39.jpg   UAD Apollo (Console) Keyboard Volume Control on Mac-screen-shot-2018-04-16-04.09.15.jpg   UAD Apollo (Console) Keyboard Volume Control on Mac-screen-shot-2018-04-16-04.12.13.jpg  
Old 14th March 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi can you give a more detailed explanation? I have both BTT and Console but can't get them to talk to each other. Thanks
Old 16th March 2019
Dor
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pno ➡️
Just thought I'd post this tip as it bugged me for ages and I never found a workaround online.

Basically you need BetterTouchTool (pretty indispensable regardless of this IMO).

See the pics attached...works great, and you don't have to be in Console.

The last pic is optional...if you want it to keep going up or down while holding the key...basically you click on the gear icon to the left of "Shortcut"...do it for both F11 and F12.
A 3rd party utility is not required to control the volume of my Apollo Silver Duo TB2 interface from my Mac Mini's external keyboard:

I can hit Apple (command) + F10 to mute, F11 to decrease volume, or F12 to increase the volume. This works with the console app in the background.

D
Old 16th March 2019 | Show parent
Deleted b69c0aa ðŸŽ™ï¸
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbHead ➡️
Hi can you give a more detailed explanation? I have both BTT and Console but can't get them to talk to each other. Thanks
Have you set up exactly like the first two photos? (Note the "Use all F1, F2 etc..." box has to be ticked in the first photo).

All that's happening here is I'm mapping standard F10, F11, and F12 keys to ⌘F10, ⌘F11, and ⌘F12...

The last photo adds in a repeat so you can hold down the key to continue going up/down (i.e. rather than having to repeatedly hit the keys).
Deleted b69c0aa ðŸŽ™ï¸
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor ➡️
A 3rd party utility is not required to control the volume of my Apollo Silver Duo TB2 interface from my Mac Mini's external keyboard:

I can hit Apple (command) + F10 to mute, F11 to decrease volume, or F12 to increase the volume. This works with the console app in the background.

D
Yes, but why use two keys when you can use one!
Dor
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b69c0aa ➡️
Yes, but why use two keys when you can use one!
I preferred using an OSX key command instead of relying on a 3rd party application for this basic functionality.

D
Deleted b69c0aa ðŸŽ™ï¸
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor ➡️
I preferred using an OSX key command instead of relying on a 3rd party application for this basic functionality.

D
I rely on BTT for a lot of basic functionality...particularly as Apple keep changing mouse/trackpad gestures all the time....the problem was also that I have other computers/interfaces that work properly with core audio volume control (Apogee/Motu)...that, and the fact that I've used them for many years before the UAD...so it's second nature to me to just use them without an additional key...it's poor programming on UA's part.
📝 Reply