The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
liquid mix v2???
Old 14th May 2007 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumhum ➡️
Was it really being given out? I thought it was just on display for demonstration.

Any eta focusrite? (and of course they read these forums :-)
I misread the press release. No, it wasn't being given out, just demoed.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dan Carter
Old 16th May 2007 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomDigi ➡️
You dont need to hack anything, if you make snapshots....and name em after the real thing.
Good tip!
It would still be nice to see the proper names in that list though:-)

This month's Sound on Sound mag (June edition - it arrived this morning) has an announcement for the V2 update. It says it "should be available by the time you read this".

Its still 1.5 on the focusrite web site but I presume we'll be seeing V2 very shortly :-)
Old 16th May 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I am just wondering if anyone can speculate to wheter an external sidechain for the LM is possible. Is there an external sidechain in compressors in Duende? Or in the other DSP solutions...

Before I bought my LM I asked focusrite it was going to be implimented and they said sidechaining would be adressed, but i am a little concerned that the sidechain in V2 will be where it ends. I would really like to expand my LM rather than have to buy another set of
plugins for that one feature.
Old 18th May 2007 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Exclamation New Liquid Mix Beta Release for MAC 2.0b41

Download here:

Liquid Mix Beta Testing

Version 2.0b41 changes / fixes:

- Sidechain frequency on hardware now matches the GUI values at low frequencies

- Q should is now disabled for the Sidechain shelf EQs

- fixed a data transmission problem which resulted in intermittent distortion

- fixed a big where the hardware didn’t update the LEDs properly when switching between plugins

- fixed some spelling mistakes on the LCD display
Old 14th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Anyone heard any ETA on the full release.....its mid June....should be here soon...
Old 15th June 2007 | Show parent
SMT
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Unhappy

There must be a way to change the names in the regedit somehow..... Or???? Any hackers here?

*waiting for the 2.0*

Btw, anyone had any problems with the beta (2.0b41) for XP?
Old 16th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMT ➡️
There must be a way to change the names in the regedit somehow..... Or???? Any hackers here?

*waiting for the 2.0*

Btw, anyone had any problems with the beta (2.0b41) for XP?

yep I had a serious issue with mine. fresh projects were fine. as soon as i would save the project and then close and reopen with LM plugins in the project, there was severe CPU spiking. very strange and un-fixable problem. my pc is rock solid. ive noticed only this problem and recently tried to install Colortone Pro Demo to try out and there was a "Call Main" error while Sonar was scanning VST's. And something along the lines of an error with MSVCR71 which is a runtime dll. otherwise, my pc has no problems with anything else, ever. runs beautifully.

so I had to return the LM
Old 16th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Beta 2.0b49 is pretty stable on XP...

There is now way to change the names at the moment, but they are talking about having that facility in Ver 3

Cheers

N
Old 22nd June 2007 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
version 2 released

been messing about with some of these betas good over the past few months so its good to see they have released the final version.

Now Ive noticed some very noticeable distortion on some of the eq emulations and I was wondering if anyone else here had experienced anything similar.

For an idea of what Im talking about, insert an instance of the huge tube eq on any audio track of your choosing and engage the lo-band, when i do this i get pretty nasty distortion (its especially obvious when you try and null the audio track with a phase-reversed copy).

Im also noticing similar things on other eqs, at a variety of settings, but rather than list all of those I was wondering if anybody has experienced the same thing or whether this problem could possibly be exclusive to my box?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Happy 2 is out!!!!!!!!....I like that they made the beta's publicly availably during the wait.... can't wait for V3 with the name changing of the models and external sidechain for compressors... Keep the enhancements comeing..
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I would appreciate a growing library much more!

Still missing:

1. Cranesong (Everything)
2. Weiss (Everything)
3. GML Massenburg 9500
4. Pendulum Audio / Quartett II
5. Aphex
6. Maselec

I severly doubt that we will ever see an extension of the existing library although it is promised on the Focusrite site since many months.

NoWo
Old 23rd June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWo ➡️
I would appreciate a growing library much more!

Still missing:

1. Cranesong (Everything)
2. Weiss (Everything)
3. GML Massenburg 9500
4. Pendulum Audio / Quartett II
5. Aphex
6. Maselec

I severly doubt that we will ever see an extension of the existing library although it is promised on the Focusrite site since many months.

NoWo

I agree alot of surgical EQ's are missing... And in my encounters with focusrite they have made lots of promises that have not been kept or are subject change.... I.E Liquid user forum?? External Sidechain?? Before I bought my LM I asked them directly if if External Sidechain would be implimented soon. They said it would be.. and V2 (long after soon) comes out and there is sidechain to EQ... but no external sidechain. Don't get me wrong I love my liquid mix but I have learned the hard way to take what Focusrite promise with a grain of salt. (That being said I do appreciate the follow hardware improvements and other changes in V2)
Old 24th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
So has anyone tried V2?

Any issues?

My main question...
Would the changes to V2 make mixes done with V1.5 sound in anyway different?

TIA
Old 24th June 2007
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Its Out..... GO!
Old 25th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
So has anyone tried V2?

Any issues?

My main question...

TIA
No answers? Bump Bump?
Old 26th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Thanks for making that!!!!!!

How about a picture of each device next to each one? I'd be happy to help collect some pictures for you. I have collected a few already...

I think they made this who aspect intentionally confusing.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
So has anyone tried V2?

Any issues?

My main question...

TIA
It should make no difference to the sound at all...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Cheers

N
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Na it can't change the sound cause It tells you to get the sound library from the 1.5 dvd if its not already installed.

Looks like were still waitin on the new models, can anyone remember how long it took them to release the extra models for the liquid channel?

Oh I do hope they sample a reel-to-reel!

Please focusrite, be the first to do it proper!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
It took a while..I remember waiting a bit for updates.....I believe making the models is very time intensive cause you have take a reading at every position. If you check the Liquid channel...list of updates they are dated... you can probably get a sense of the # of emulations they are willing to create in a given amount of time..
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzaB ➡️
Na it can't change the sound cause It tells you to get the sound library from the 1.5 dvd if its not already installed.
Good point!
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzaB ➡️
Oh I do hope they sample a reel-to-reel!
Now that would be splendid!
Old 29th June 2007
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
so what is the lowest possible delay you can get now with the Liquid mix? is it possible to track with the unit in action...?

sorry i will quickly edit my post... i only raise this issue again after reading the following...

"Minimum Latency Setting
The Liquid Mix latency is tied to the DAW buffer size in the following way:

LM Latency = 2 x Daw buffer size + 8 samples

For example, if the DAW buffer size is set to 256 samples, the results Liquid Mix plugin latency will be 520 samples (2 x 256 + 8). This rule is true so long as the result is greater than or equal to the Minimum Latency set in the Liquid Mix Manager. In other words, the Liquid Mix latency is tied to the DAW latency down to a set minimum. For example, if the DAW buffer size is set to 128 samples and the Liquid Mix Minimum Latency is set to 520 samples, the resulting latency will be 520 samples. However, if the DAW buffer size is set to 256 samples and the Liquid Mix Minimum Latency is set to 264 samples, the resulting latency will be 520 samples. Remember, if this all sounds too confusing, just check the latency in the plugin window as described above!"

Last edited by matt82aust; 29th June 2007 at 12:45 AM.. Reason: Extra info
Old 29th June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I think I saw another post about this and I think the general consensus was no... thus liquid mix...I think that's what the LC is designed for..
Old 29th June 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yeah i had the reloaded song glitching in SX, but isnt that a cubase issue cos there's reports of that happening with native plugs too?

you can reload the song and then hit play and it glitches.. sometimes settling down after a few minutes as if memory is being reorganised, but sometimes it never settles down

cant get it to work at all with logic on pc, it just bombs as soon as you load an emulation and hit play, might be the firewire card tho, i need to try another one to be sure
Old 21st February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Sidechain bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouz75 ➡️
There seems to be a problem with the new sidechain option in LM 2.0.

Sometimes the sidechain controls are not accessible within the GUI, they
don´t show up.

AND the worst thing: The sidechain option "on/off" is not saved / restored properly within a project. The sidechain option is set inactive on reload in Logic. You have to switch (click, GUI pops up) to the current LM-Plugin and the sidechain becomes active again.
This is really weird.

Can anybody confirm / reproduce this bug ???

My setup:
Liquid Mix 2.032b MAC
IntelMac 2.16Ghz Core2Duo
2GB RAM
OSX 10.4.9
Logic Express 7.2
Pro Application Support 4.0
Same problem here. Not only this, i realized that if i keep switching sidechain on and off i get to some point after about 10 times where i get some volume change and/or distortion at time also ...

When i open plugin the on/off switch is on, but the signal is not processed until i put it off and on again.

all of this using latest version, 2.3.16

Would like to hear more of your problem.
📝 Reply