Quantcast
Adaptec 2906 not seen by Mac (?) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adaptec 2906 not seen by Mac (?)
Old 17th October 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Question Adaptec 2906 not seen by Mac (?)

I posted this on the DUC and tried the suggestion (which follows it) offered by digitechspt, but to no avail. Any ideas as to what to try next? Maybe I have a bad 2906? Also (see the suggestion), there is no PowerDomain Control Panel/Extension whatsoever to be found in my Mac... and I don't recall ever seeing one. Thus, there is no such extension to be removed!

I recently moved Masterlist CD to a G4 400 with a 2906 card, and now the computer isn't seeing the card. Needless to say, I can't burn CD's in MLCD if the G4 doesn't see the card and what's connected to it.

Calling Tech Spt. wasn't much help, since this isn't really a MLCD issue.

Does anyone know if the G4 requires the 2906 to be in a particular PCI slot? If so, which one?

In this order from power supply outward: my Mix core, 2940UW (I know I need an ATTO now), and the 2906 occupy the slots currently.

I need to burn CD's soon and I don't want to rent a burner if I don't have to. Thanks!

--------------------
Cauldronics
Cauldron Audio
San Rafael, CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged

DigiTechSupt
Administrator
Member # 7660

posted October 01, 2002 06:47 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion:
-Remove the 2940UW (and its associated PowerDomain Control Panel / Extension) from the computer, and Zap PRAM upon restart. Launch MLCD to see if it recognizes the CD Recorder connected to the 2906.
Old 17th October 2002
Mac Moderator

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Well Jax,
The 1st thing I would do is goto Adaptec.com and download the latest version of the Powerdomain control panel for the 2906. I think its 1.2. It may also be the same panel as used with the 2940.

When you launch this app, it should show both your SCSI cards, and allow you to change there settings etc.... Slow the 2906 down to its Asyncronous mode, and try MLCD again.
I've never had much luck with 2906's without the Adaptec Control panel installed.... (Recycle etc..)

Could you do this and let us know how you get on??

Al.
Old 18th October 2002
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I don't let my studio have an internet connection but I'll d-load the CP onto a floppy with another computer elsewhere (this one at home is a pc, unfortunately). I never figured out how to d-load onto a pc, then open and use the file on a mac. Any thoughts?

The 2906 comes with floppies that have windows and DOS drivers on them, but nothing for the mac!

I will report back, cap'm.

Thanks for the tip!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…