The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FABFILTER PRO-R. Reverb
Old 28th April 2017
Lives for gear

I love how easy it is to get almost exactly the sound you were looking for once you get acquainted with the algorithms. I do wish length and room size had different parameters though as it's one of the reasons why I still reach for Valhalla Room most of the time.
Old 28th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide ➑️
I love how easy it is to get almost exactly the sound you were looking for once you get acquainted with the algorithms. I do wish length and room size had different parameters though as it's one of the reasons why I still reach for Valhalla Room most of the time.
Thats why l love Room Reverb in Studio One 3. It has Asymmetry, height, etc.

Old 29th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoc ➑️
Thats why l love Room Reverb in Studio One 3. It has Asymmetry, height, etc.

I've used Logic, Pro Tools, and Studio One extensively over the years. Studio One sort of kills the competition when it comes to stock plugins IMO. Whenever I'm in a Pro Tools phase, and I've bought a bunch of 3rd party plugins, I always feel that sense of plugin redundancy when I switch back to Studio One again. I could easily get by on 90% stock plugins with Studio One. I can't say early the same about any other DAW.
Old 29th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip ➑️
I've used Logic, Pro Tools, and Studio One extensively over the years. Studio One sort of kills the competition when it comes to stock plugins IMO. Whenever I'm in a Pro Tools phase, and I've bought a bunch of 3rd party plugins, I always feel that sense of plugin redundancy when I switch back to Studio One again. I could easily get by on 90% stock plugins with Studio One. I can't say early the same about any other DAW.
I thought l was the only one thinking like that. After getting Pro R l can use the stock plugins in S1v3. Reason 9 also, now that Reason 9.5 will accept vsts :-) l am really happy.
Your point you really don't need to buy third party plugins
Old 2nd May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I've come a long way from simple to quite complex/experimental electronic music to now ambient-ish electro and, obviously, the proper reverb is a crucial tool in every production of this particular genre.

The plan was to purchase Valhalla's Shimmer for the task. But it's amazing how applicable Pro-R is, even for unusually long reverb tails. Although I'm not going quite the 20 second "distance" that is supported by Pro-R, the algo seems to keep clarity - there's no mud, no blurriness, with some tweaking the wet signal remains amazingly clean.

I might still get Shimmer eventually - Sean's reverbs are terrific and they are very reasonably priced.
Old 2nd May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemeister ➑️
I might still get Shimmer eventually - Sean's reverbs are terrific and they are very reasonably priced.
For a true "shimmer" effect, I think it would be a good idea! There are pitch changes in the reverb decay that will sound different than just a long reverb.

Reverbical also does that effect by allowing adjustment to the pitch.
Old 2nd May 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
In May, Eventide is offering their reverb classics for a really low price. Starting with the UltraReverb for a steal of 47 USD, continues with Blackhole, T-verb and Stereo Room in the following weeks. I got the Ultrareverb and the Stereo Room, and I love them. With Lexicon PCM, I am pretty satisfied, perhaps I buy the TVerb in the sale, which is something really interesting and special.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/reverb_sale
Old 3rd May 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's worth noting that for anyone looking for shimmery reverbs, if you already have Toontrack EZmix, the Ambient Reverbs expansion is great. Obviously very easy to dial in. Wonderful creative sounds to work with.
Old 3rd May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolleum ➑️
In May, Eventide is offering their reverb classics for a really low price. Starting with the UltraReverb for a steal of 47 USD, continues with Blackhole, T-verb and Stereo Room in the following weeks. I got the Ultrareverb and the Stereo Room, and I love them. With Lexicon PCM, I am pretty satisfied, perhaps I buy the TVerb in the sale, which is something really interesting and special.

Awesome!! I missed out on Blackhole a while back, definitely not making that mistake again!
Old 3rd May 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolleum ➑️

OK now that's a dope deal! Thanks for sharing!
Old 5th June 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Had this verb for about a year now.
It sux big donkey balls.
Fab make great plugins, but they blew it with this one.
Old 5th June 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Could you be more specific? Any constructive tips for FF to take on board into version 2???
Old 7th June 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Any music I make with a degree of density it vanishes. I push the volume up or increase the send and then it sits on the sound like a big lumpen greasy pie.

But the narrators voice was efficiently silky smooth on the official YT demo and he told a good story...
Old 7th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like the overall concept of this reverb. As always with FF, the workflow is on another level.
However, I feel like this would benefit from the choice of different 'algos' like in Valhalla plugins.
It needs more variety for my tastes, including more character verbs.
Old 7th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon ➑️
I like the overall concept of this reverb. As always with FF, the workflow is on another level.
However, I feel like this would benefit from the choice of different 'algos' like in Valhalla plugins.
It needs more variety for my tastes, including more character verbs.
Good reason for Pro-R 2 I guess

For me, I found Pro-R being great reverb after trying recreate other reverb sounds in Pro-R. Before that it was pretty experimental and weird. Once I start emulating D-Verb, EMT plates and other devices I found the strength it has
πŸ“ Reply