Quantcast
What 32-bit plugs do you wish were 64 in 2015? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What 32-bit plugs do you wish were 64 in 2015?
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

Since some users take great pride in their "all 64 DAW" I was wondering about those plug-ins that you love, but are holding you back from joining that elite club.

VST's processing:

SHEPPi I have had consistently better luck with this free tool than any other tool...even the ones that cost a lot more. I have done some comparisons in a mastering room with other peers. I'm sold.

KJAERHUS CLASSICS: They just work for me. Sort of like Waves Ren EQ & compression. I'm not even sure they are all that great compared to the competition. It might be because I have used them for years and know what to expect.

VSTI's:

Toontrack DFH Superior. I have most all Toontrack products. I know you can run DFH Superior in Superior 2. I just like doing it the old way and I guess the cool GUI makes it sound "better."

EVM Ultrasoniq. There are some sounds I can get here that I can't get from any other synth...hardware or software. I have used them in a couple successful tracks so no way I'm going to give this one up.

Magnus Choir. For the price and the overall sound, I can't find something that works better. I could be quite biased.

Superwave P8. I'm sure there is a 64 bit substitute somewhere. I could probably let this go if it weren't for the others.

I suppose if any of the above really gave me problems using these with jBridge, I would convert and join the club. But the few issues I have had with jBridge have always been addressed with adjustments by reading the info at his website.

Any 32 bit only plugs from other users?
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Op-x pro-ii vi
Old 16th August 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I'm waiting for VB3 64bit for Mac....
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Already 64bit but I would like to see these ported.

Acustica AcquaVox nvm its been updated!

URS EQ's & Compressors I don't really have a need for them anymore but I would like to at least have the option to use them since I spent so much money for the bundle.

BlockFish De-esser I remember it as being a great d-esser.

Izotope vinyl good lofi type of plugin

Last edited by A Fak; 17th August 2015 at 04:35 AM..
Old 16th August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride ➑️
Op-x pro-ii vi
+1. Actually, I wish they'd release the Mac version. Every time I contact them, they say it's just around the corner.
Old 16th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➑️
Izotope vinyl good lofi type of plugin
Agreed.

Sent them a few emails and never got a response.
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Digitalfishphones!
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Those you mentioned, plus the VOS plugins. Thrillseeker LA is a staple for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➑️
Since some users take great pride in their "all 64 DAW" I was wondering about those plug-ins that you love, but are holding you back from joining that elite club.

VST's processing:

SHEPPi I have had consistently better luck with this free tool than any other tool...even the ones that cost a lot more. I have done some comparisons in a mastering room with other peers. I'm sold.

KJAERHUS CLASSICS: They just work for me. Sort of like Waves Ren EQ & compression. I'm not even sure they are all that great compared to the competition. It might be because I have used them for years and know what to expect.

VSTI's:

Toontrack DFH Superior. I have most all Toontrack products. I know you can run DFH Superior in Superior 2. I just like doing it the old way and I guess the cool GUI makes it sound "better."

EVM Ultrasoniq. There are some sounds I can get here that I can't get from any other synth...hardware or software. I have used them in a couple successful tracks so no way I'm going to give this one up.

Magnus Choir. For the price and the overall sound, I can't find something that works better. I could be quite biased.

Superwave P8. I'm sure there is a 64 bit substitute somewhere. I could probably let this go if it weren't for the others.

I suppose if any of the above really gave me problems using these with jBridge, I would convert and join the club. But the few issues I have had with jBridge have always been addressed with adjustments by reading the info at his website.

Old 17th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
None I'm in 32 bit land!
Old 17th August 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
@ telluride Thanks for the heads up! I'm not sure when they updated AcquaVox but im DL'ing it as I type this.

Last edited by A Fak; 17th August 2015 at 04:37 AM..
Old 17th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sonoma Wire Works KitCore Deluxe. I really like this virtual drummer plugin. Wish it was 64-bit.
Old 17th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
SonicProjects : Op-x pro-ii

Kong Audio's : QIN Engine

I'm on Windows 8.1, so Hoping I will still be around when these two companies finally go 64-bit with their VSTs
Old 17th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➑️
SonicProjects : Op-x pro-ii
That's the last serious 32bit synth that hasn't already been discontinued.
Old 17th August 2015
Deleted 55b0690
LePou LeCab.

Please please please
Old 17th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Abbey Road Plugs. Especially the mastering pack, TG12412. The Brilliance pack is beautifully recreated in 64 bit by Softube already.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Massey Tapehead. I'd be glad to pay a few bucks to get a 64-bit version.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The Intelligent Devices trio. But they work quite well through jbridge, thankfully.

r,
j,
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
SSL listen mic compressor was cool, I know there's a version of it in drumstrip though.

digitalfishphones plugins were great from what I remember.

I feel like my URS plugins have been adequately replaced but I guess it'd be nice to have them back.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Celemony Melodyne. It's ridiculous that it still only 32-bit.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k ➑️
But isn't Melodyne integrated into x64 Presonus Studio One?
Old 18th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro ➑️
But isn't Melodyne integrated into x64 Presonus Studio One?
I use Cubase 8 Pro, and the installers for Melodyne are only 32-bit......

They (Celemony) have not announced any plans for 64-bit that I am aware of.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
URS Saturation (it's 64 bit on Mac, but now Windows).
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
At the very least this is giving me some information on VST's I have not even heard of before.

URS is gone right? Just like KJAERHUS no chance they will ever be updated?
I'm surprised Melodyne isn't 64 bit. That seems very odd.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I use Cubase 8 Pro, and the installers for Melodyne are only 32-bit......

They (Celemony) have not announced any plans for 64-bit that I am aware of.
Cubase 8 has its own built in pitch correction. Variaudio was introduce in Cubase 5 and updated to Variaudio 2.0 in Cubase 7.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro ➑️
Cubase 8 has its own built in pitch correction. Variaudio was introduce in Cubase 5 and updated to Variaudio 2.0 in Cubase 7.
Yes it does. It's pretty good too, but I really like Melodyne and have been using it for years. Not to mention it wasn't a small investment. When I bought Melodyne there certainly weren't 64-bit systems and they didn't promise anything, (so I'm not bitter), I'm just surprised it hasn't happened by now.
Old 18th August 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➑️

VST's processing:

VSTI's:

Some old school stuff there. I've used SD2 for so have to say was a little shocked when you mentioned this and it's a pretty recent post.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor ➑️
Digitalfishphones!
lolz. You can't even get that guy to update the stuff he's working on (either when he was with magix or uhe. )
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Celemony | FAQ

Are you talking about studio?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovessuperstrats ➑️
Celemony | FAQ

Are you talking about studio?
Yes, Studio version 3.2 I did a little bit of looking around from the link you posted (thanks!) and found this.

"The current version 3 of Melodyne studio only works in 32-bit. It can be linked via the MelodyneBridge plug-in or Rewire to 32-bit DAWs. One exception is Cubase 8, where the use of the MelodyneBridge plug-in is impossible; but even without connecting to a DAW it is always possible to export the desired audio tracks from the DAW, edit them in Melodyne studio 3 and then reimport them into the DAW. Version 4 of Melodyne studio, due for release in 2015, will of course work with 64-bit DAWs."

There is also an issue with Melodyne not finding it's ILOK license sometimes (which I have also seen) that is an issue exclusively between Melodyne and Cubase 8. Both companies have acknowledged it...but nobody has resolved it yet.

It seems as though Melodyne and Cubase don't always play nice together. Melodyne Studio 4 is due for release in 2015...
Old 18th August 2015
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
All the Togu Audio Line ones that remain 32-bit.

All my Sonnox plugins & Pro Audio DSP Dynamic Spectrum Mapper (so that I don't have to buy an iLok2 and shell out Β£100s more for stuff I already spent a fortune on).

URS Strip, as it never worked in Logic 9 for me (blank GUI nonsense) and a 64-bit update might mean he can be bothered to move beyond the v1.0 installer from 2009, fixing this along the way.
πŸ“ Reply