Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 17th October 2021
spx
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Selling NAVY HONEY COLA. PM
Old 17th October 2021
Gear Addict

Everyone is selling their Acustica plugins.
Old 17th October 2021 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatizright ➡️
I'm not. Hands OFF!
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it’s only natural. A great many people have purchased a great many Acquas over the last couple of years and over time we all start to see which flavours we need and use frequently, and which we don’t. And some others may have simply decided that for them the CPU demands are too high. No big thing.
Old 17th October 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've got almost everything (certainly everything I want...for now) and over time certain bundles get used less and less. Sand for example for whatever reason barely get's looked at these days. My preferences lately seem to run towards either the absolute cleanest ones (Ivory, Green, Amber and Erin in my case) or the super colored ones (like Snow, Blond, Gold, Magenta, Cola, El Rey and yes Desert...I love me some Desert). When I want more of a console feel I usually use Amethyst or Lime but most of the time I mix and match until it sounds the way I want.

I am fantastically inconsistent in this
Stuff like Sienna and Silver are in every Session. Lift and Crimson get the occasional "Yeah, this is exactly what I need" nod. However stuff like Coffee, Cream, Pink and Jade are there because when I want that tone there is nothing else like them even if they don't get used very often.

There are a few I am conflicted about. For example Brown, I love the compressor but the Pres and Eq don't seem to click with me. The same with Ultramarine. That compressor is the best Fairchild out there but the rest does nothing for me. I reeeeeeeeally wish AA would let us buy individual components. My GAS would know no bounds

Last edited by dasoundjunkie; 17th October 2021 at 11:25 PM..
Here for the gear

Quote:
69 AA plugins for sale at Knobcloud
61 Softube
312 PA

And guess which two of these brands are keeping a relatively high value of resale prices.
Old 18th October 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
even for a blanket statement... 'everyone' is quite all encompassing lol but then again i am NOT 'everyone'... i am just 'nobody' lol
Old 18th October 2021
Gear Maniac

has '[email protected]' lost the plot?
loyalty vouchers every day for a week or so here!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex1 ➡️
has '[email protected]' lost the plot?
loyalty vouchers every day for a week or so here!
Maybe you're going to need them all
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Slackness. It started out as one a day, now im getting hit twice a day. Its not even black friday yet. lol

What gives?

P.s How are we looking for a Fairman suite????? Tickling me with indigo didn't cut it. Dessert is a nice welcome though.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Maybe that’s why no buyers have jumped at my copy of Erin yet even though it’s way under the current sale price…

I love AA plugins. They are amazing. I learn about the hardware every new release and they do sound awesome. I just don’t have the PC to run them yet.

Last edited by GusGranite; 18th October 2021 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Typo
Gear Addict

Digital audio companies use a lot of new marketing fashions (with neurological and subconsciouness processes). They search to make us addikt and it's working very well on us. So many have probably too much plugs for their needs, their needs can evolve within time too; their fav was that but new ones came out and replace their ancient favourites.

As a new customer, i can tell you that not so much people are selling secondhand acqua plugs. You can find lots of slate, pa, softube on different websites, but AA.... No....

3-4 guys posting "im selling" within a month is not everyone.... And they are not selling all their plugins i think. Secondhand AA is the most difficult to find and the most expensive...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ooh! What could it be?

Separate pre's for black, separate spaces for Sienna and silver perhaps?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Secondhand AA is the most difficult to find and the most expensive...
That's because of the ridiculous AA re-sell policy. You have to pay AA the difference of the full price first and only then you can sell your license. That makes it pretty much impossible to re-sell, because AA keeps doing sales while others have to pay them the difference of the full price first. They waived this policy while back but quickly walked it back and made only first 5 transfers free of this BS.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️
That's because of the ridiculous AA re-sell policy. You have to pay AA the difference of the full price first and only then you can sell your license. That makes it pretty much impossible to re-sell, because AA keeps doing sales while others have to pay them the difference of the full price first. They waived this policy while back but quickly walked it back and made only first 5 transfers free of this BS.
Agreed, made a mistake by not realizing the max 5 transfers, and now I'm stuck with a lot of plugins I do not use. Not nice
Asked for another slot, but did not get that one, unfortunately.
Old 18th October 2021
Gear Nut

So far I only buy one plugin at a time so I am at 15% discount (1 to 200 euro purchases), can someone share info about the next tiers?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesmeured ➡️
So far I only buy one plugin at a time so I am at 15% discount (1 to 200 euro purchases), can someone share info about the next tiers?
They go up to 55%, rising 5% every 250 euros spent until reaching 1000. After a thousand, it varies between 250 and 500 euros spent.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I think it's normal. In my case I really only need 1 or 2 good eq's, a few preamps & I still prefer algo comps in general. Having used Acustica for years now there's a few models that always work better or that I gravitate towards.

I've sold the ones I never reach for anymore or the many channel strips that are redundant. With so many choices these days it's easy to get caught up in the GAS rather than actually making music.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Im not sure to really understand. Example: if i paid 60 with a flash sale, a plugin that costs 169 full price, that means i have to pay 109, to AA to be able to re-sell it??!!! Yeah that sounds a pretty rough policy, to force people to buy to them directly. And i do understand why there isnt so much to sell as secondhand...

You better manage your five free slots very well, and not buy too much plugs without be sure if you will use them intensively in the long term. (Wich create a contradiction for us that would prefer to have a lot of them to enjoy more choice). Glad ive been cautious and took my time to choose carefully!!

Its like i say often... This kind of strange procedures, and "start up business plan" is not good for their image and for the relation with their customers. I mean they maybe think its good economically, better profits in the short term but it will bring a lot of desillusions and disappointment to the customers and will block the growth of the company in the long term. Especially if they want to grow and want to become a very serious high end audio company in the future.

Very strange.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
The resale policies have always been available to everyone in our support area: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...and-conditions (Looking for information about this in other companies, or it is pretty hidden, or you must have an account and log in, contact support or you cannot transfer directly because the products are tied to hardware)

The five free transfers (unlimited products at a time) were added as a bonus feature once it was technologically possible to apply it without intervention from Acustica.
This prevents the not-so-good intended people to make their own business buying and selling plug-ins constantly.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Im not sure to really understand. Example: if i paid 60 with a flash sale, a plugin that costs 169 full price, that means i have to pay 109, to AA to be able to re-sell it??!!! Yeah that sounds a pretty rough policy, to force people to buy to them directly. And i do understand why there isnt so much to sell as secondhand...

You better manage your five free slots very well, and not buy too much plugs without be sure if you will use them intensively in the long term. (Wich create a contradiction for us that would prefer to have a lot of them to enjoy more choice). Glad ive been cautious and took my time to choose carefully!!

Its like i say often... This kind of strange procedures, and "start up business plan" is not good for their image and for the relation with their customers. I mean they maybe think its good economically, better profits in the short term but it will bring a lot of desillusions and disappointment to the customers and will block the growth of the company in the long term. Especially if they want to grow and want to become a very serious high end audio company in the future.

Very strange.
It typically costs me $50.00 per transfer. They've changed their policy many times so be aware it can change w/o warning or notice.
Gear Addict

Quote:
The resale policies have always been available to everyone in our support area: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...and-conditions this prevents the not-so-good intended people to make their own business buying and selling plug-ins constantly.
this point i can understand. But hey, you're a digital company... You want to enjoy all the benefits to be digital without handling the negative sides of digital?? Its like it seems you are cautious and try counter attack cracking and illegal free version of your work. I can understand, but in another way, the more your plugs are cracked, the more it means you're popular and consequently the more you are earning money.

Some bad intended people force you to loose credibility and trust to your customers... And you let them do?
What is the most important?? Block few bad intended people, or keep the trust and good relations with loyal customers??? We have to handle consequences of a problem between you and some bad intended people? Doesnt sound fair to me.

Im not judging, just try to understand your position and give my point of view because it appears counter productive for the company.

By the way i don't think its easy to create its own business of investing in flash sale and try to re-sell and earn by marging.... Come on, the secondhand business is real but if you earn few bucks every month with this, this will be the max. You seems to over estimate the problem to me. Or it's an excuse and the reality is you want to avoid a maximum of secondhand; because for sure you want us to buy as much plugs as possible; but avoiding we will re-sell easily to new interested customers... For me its more a strategy to maximize profits and be sure to earn the max money possible with your plugs; and in the long terms, to be sure new customers will come to you and pay you directly instead of re-buying non-used license to other customers. That i could understand and would sound more logical and honnest to us, even if its in your interest, not ours.
Acustica Audio

@ nohay Our relationship with our Loyal Customers relies on the products, the discounts, and the technical support.

I prefer our support dedicated to solving customer issues with the products in an optimal time, more than dealing with product transfers, or transactions that have gone wrong between third-party users.

But feel free to send your insights, recommendations, or anything concrete you have in mind via ticket so we can forward it to our management (it's the official way to do it).
Gear Nut

Quote:
They search to make us addikt and it's working very well on us. So many have probably too much plugs for their needs
That's me!
Feelin' like reaching peak plugin though.
Gear Addict

Quote:
But feel free to send your insights, recommendations, or anything concrete you have in mind via ticket so we can forward it to our management (it's the official way to do it).
Thx i didnt realise i could use tickets this way.

@ synesthetic , dont feel guilty our brain is made to react on some specifics hormonal processes (dopamine=success reward, ocytocine= link, joy, trust and love, serotonin=respect, social context, safety; endorphin=cry/laugh to calm down the body). Best neuro/socio/psycho researchers are now employed by the "gafam" to develop more sophisticated strategies. Only "like" on facebook, no unlinke... Why??? Dopamine... (All details in design and concept are thinked this way...)
Dont feel guilty, dont feel weak. They know which button to push in our brains.... Its very hard to resist...
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg ➡️
I think it’s only natural. A great many people have purchased a great many Acquas over the last couple of years and over time we all start to see which flavours we need and use frequently, and which we don’t. And some others may have simply decided that for them the CPU demands are too high. No big thing.
Really like Acustica's sound, but the CPU demand is what's going to hold them back. Just from what I'm seeing. They still will have their core user base, and market with what they are doing.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic ➡️
It typically costs me $50.00 per transfer. They've changed their policy many times so be aware it can change w/o warning or notice.
$50 huh?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Digital audio companies use a lot of new marketing fashions (with neurological and subconsciouness processes). They search to make us addikt and it's working very well on us. So many have probably too much plugs for their needs, their needs can evolve within time too; their fav was that but new ones came out and replace their ancient favourites.

As a new customer, i can tell you that not so much people are selling secondhand acqua plugs. You can find lots of slate, pa, softube on different websites, but AA.... No....

3-4 guys posting "im selling" within a month is not everyone.... And they are not selling all their plugins i think. Secondhand AA is the most difficult to find and the most expensive...
I see more Acustica, and PA stuff for secondhand sales. Not too much Slate. The hardcore analog users I can see getting rid their slate stuff. More of the modern music makers (music producers) I think will keep Slate because that's the market he's going after right now vs Acustica/UA. Plus many will stick because of his headphones, and resources to learn his stuff (which is the best). PA i can get it also having sales.

To be honest Slate/Dirk aren't going hard in the analog market. Both I feel are focused on expanding their customer bases, and doing different things. Not just create analog plugins all the time. You adapt with the times kind of thing.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac ➡️
I feel like the interest gets less and less in these channel strips because you saturated your own market so much, which forces you to keep up an almost manic release schedule.

If there is a company out there where a subscription would make sense it is you Acustica! I'd be on that in a heartbeat to support you.

Allows you to keep the cash coming in, less pressure on your bottom line and you can actually fix and develop your legacy products. And you can still sell them full price alongside that.

Just a thought. I got so many Acustica strips I haven't bought one in 2 years. Not because your products are bad..they are awesome and I spent over two grand with you. But I don't need anything.

If however, these are part of a subscription I would be much more tempted to play around with all the colours you got..just a thought!
And you could then spent your time where it really matters at this stage...optimisation. Or rescuing Quantica.
Market it is changing. Think more modern users are getting into digital tools (fabfilter, Izotope etc). These users didn't come up with pultech's or ssl's etc. Maybe they learn later, but it's about the quick result/making things easier. If you put a fabfilter Q3 in front of a modern users vs an Acustica EQ which one do you think they will work with?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Its very hard to resist...
Resisting Erin, Scarlet, Silver and Sienna Volumes surprisingly easily though. ^^
📝 Reply