The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 22nd June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Its the same for all the Acqua product line. Each plugin has a release and a version. A version will be (to continue with your example) Gold2, Gold3, Gold4 usually each version brings some kind of upgrade and improvements or new features.
The owner of that plugin will have both upgrades and previous versions available for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfx ➡️
I'm pretty sure from all the plugins I have you get the latest of the plugin version, all the older ones (not sure about legacy of any but likely) and any future updates are free excluding sienna volume expansions.
Thanks for the replies. That's a really great policy, and certainly a value add. Very cool.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudscape ➡️
I was thinking Federal AM-864
And Quad-Eight EQ.

Fascinating hardware!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite ➡️
And Quad-Eight EQ.

Fascinating hardware!
Quad Eight EQ 312?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue ➡️
Thanks for the replies. That's a really great policy, and certainly a value add. Very cool.
I like the policy but for space purposes I would like the option of uninstalling eg Purple 2 so I only have Purple 3, @ zaphod or @ AcusticaCM do you know if this is possible?
I see in my VST folder that Purple 2 is taking up 1.8 GB, I could just delete the folder in Windows but I dont know if this will cause problems down the road.
Same with Gold 3 when I bought Gold 4, and 3 is taking up 3 GB.
Like I said, its a great policy and much appreciated just wondering if this is an option somwhere.

Last edited by WrathOfMaitreya; 22nd June 2021 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: when i bought Gold 4 - typo
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
I like the policy but for space purposes I would like the option of uninstalling eg Purple 2 so I only have Purple 3, @ zaphod or @ AcusticaCM do you know if this is possible?
I see in my VST folder that Purple 2 is taking up 1.8 GB, I could just delete the folder in Windows but I dont know if this will cause problems down the road.
Like I said, its a great policy and much appreciated just wondering if this is an option somwhere.
Deleting will mess it up. It is asked many times .. your not alone

Use an external drive to store
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Studio Rooms

Any chance to see Studio-Rooms and Halls sampled by Acustica in the future?
TOL like?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
DSP buffer

Wouldn't it be great to set the DSP-buffer for each Aqua in the Gui's?
And isn't reset by updating an Aqua?
Like similar High-CPU-Use-Plugin's?
Old 22nd June 2021
Gear Nut

How do i switch skins for magenta? help please
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elian20 ➡️
Download in Aquarius.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus ➡️
Quad Eight EQ 312?
I am guessing the 312 and the 444 from reading AA’s breakdown. Here’s some Q-8 info: https://www.quadeightelectronics.com/products

Plus an Electrodyne 511 two-band EQ maybe?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
The only "tandem" products that Aquarius install with the previous versions are Purple (2/3), Pink (3/4), and Gold (3/4) the rest you only need to install the latest version of the plug-in.

Since both versions share vector files, the extra space needed is minimal.
Gold, Pink, and Purple are among our best-selling products so many people have projects using them, and these updates keep the compatibility with those projects, unlike separate versions updates.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elian20 ➡️
Update Magenta5 to the latest release and search in Aquarius for the Magenta5 Black skin, that's all!.
Old 22nd June 2021
Here for the gear

Very important questions!
What about acustica audio and aliasing?
Who did the tests, what method and what are the results?
There is an opinion, that all AA preamps have a lot of aliasing.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I am guessing the 312 and the 444 from reading AA’s breakdown. Here’s some Q-8 info: https://www.quadeightelectronics.com/products

Plus an Electrodyne 511 two-band EQ maybe?
This seems to be correct. And possibly the Virtuoso console. 444 definitely gives me the Quad vibe.
Gear Maniac

Hey ya'll, just crowd sourcing some wisdom from the elders.

What I have: Amethyst, Camel, Cream, Ultramarine, Water, Verona.

I'm likely to only buy one more this sale.

What I'm considering are: Viridian, Ebony, Henry, Mantis2, maybe Cola, maybe Tokyo.

I work mostly in acoustic genres, wide range of jazz stuff, classical, some rock fusion, but I'm also open to working with any genre that pays, gnome-sayin?

So, those that have more miles than me in these tools, which have proven themselves over and over again, or are easy-to-miss gems?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
@ belarus opinions are like assholes... everybody has one
tcc
Gear Head

Quote:

What I'm considering are: Viridian, Ebony, Henry, Mantis2, maybe Cola, maybe Tokyo.

I work mostly in acoustic genres, wide range of jazz stuff, classical, some rock fusion, but I'm also open to working with any genre that pays, gnome-sayin?

So, those that have more miles than me in these tools, which have proven themselves over and over again, or are easy-to-miss gems?
I'm really taken with the SoundDrops offerings. I believe Mantis is primarily a bus compressor but Henry is an every-track workhorse. They both sound great. A lot of people really like the reverb and one of the comps in Ebony, though if you have the full N4 there are lots of other great(er) plate reverbs available for that.
Acustica Audio

Quote:

For acoustic material, I would recommend you to check Amber3, Cola would be my close second choice for classical and rock as well.
Old 22nd June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It never occurred to me to ask for recommended Acquas! Okay, I'll bite...

What would you recommend for mostly electronic music? Drums machines, EPs, synths, some electric guitar?

I currently have Pink, Navy, Indigo, Water, and Ultramarine...I love them, just curious about other flavors not already covered.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Schiller ➡️

What would you recommend for mostly electronic music? Drums machines, EPs, synths, some electric guitar?

I currently have Pink, Navy, Indigo, Water, and Ultramarine...I love them, just curious about other flavors not already covered.
Crimson for distortion. Gold for synths (old school neve). Green is also fantastic for eq and compression.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I do alot of acoustic-instrument-music.
Alot of Jazz and Singer-Songwriter stuff.
Also other genres like Funk.
In my Mixes Magenta is a beloved winner on a lot of sources and I'm really crazy about comparing flavours .
Vocals, any Guitars, piano, strings, overheads, hihats.
While those are very broad curves, I recommend to study the filters with PluginDoctor. Once understood what's happening, it's a very creative tool.
And the preamps always give some extra meat.

Amber is good too, but very sweet and nice sounding. It adds brilliance and expensive silverness to sources, but as said, it makes it sound very sweet. So, if you need and like that...
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Viridian into Taupe on drum bus.....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

I'm not from any decent Electronic music background, but Purple comes to mind because you never expect they'll sound so punchy and (maybe) articulate (is a good word) while the tone comes from nowhere else. Bottom end, Electronic like that right? Oh yeah
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
This seems to be correct. And possibly the Virtuoso console. 444 definitely gives me the Quad vibe.
You sound like you know the hardware? I’ve never been near it. Just enjoy the research!
Lives for gear

Quote:

That’s the kind of thing I make - strictly amateur - and if you don’t have Diamond Lift I would go for that first. I use it on almost every electronic master.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
You sound like you know the hardware? I’ve never been near it. Just enjoy the research!
The 444 eqs Ive heard in use before. The Pacifica preamp is supposedly from the same heritage and Ive heard that as well. So overall vibe Im familiar with. The console I found through a google search lol, enjoying the research as well.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Harmonics

I just wanna say, how I'm impressed by the Preamps of Gainstation.
It fatten things up like nothing else on a mix I'm working right now.

Has anybody else positive use for it?
Old 24th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Finally picked up Coffee in the current summer sale. Now I am wondering what took me so long. This thing is a glorious beast. Everything about it screams rock and roll. The pres, the EQ's, the compressor and the limiter... all great. Not surprised that I love this so much considering that Blue EQ has always been a favourte of mine.

Not sure why I feel the need to 'announce' this... just pretty happy with it I guess.

Acustica Audio

Enjoy! and thank you for sharing
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Coffee is nice but don't underestimate Cola for rock. it flies under the radar a lot imo. cheers
📝 Reply