Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobinSTB ➡️
But then, you didn't say why Tokyo is one of your favorite EQs

Do you like better than Verona?
Lol sorry.

Simply put I prefer Tokyo for the two midrange bands to cut honk resonances, mud or harshness over plugins like ProQ3 which quickly get me into trouble and personally feel it sounds more natural. Softube’s Weiss eq is good for this too but compare the prices…

And then add the benefit of:

No fussing over bandwidth (Q). Just choose one of the 3 options.

No preamp for clean surgical cuts, preamp if the signal needs a little tube analog vibe.

I haven’t played with Verona in a while so I could have a demo available still. I’ll get back to you on my impressions. I might have written my first impressions in the release thread but I’ll take a second stab at it. I do remember it being quite a bit more vintage.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobinSTB ➡️
But then, you didn't say why Tokyo is one of your favorite EQs

Do you like better than Verona?
Here’s what I wrote on Verona on its release day…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
Wonderful and warm sounding. The Preamp provides that old school Elmer's Glue to tracks. Trying to wrap my head around what this could be sampled from.
Not very in depth as I wasn’t in the market for what Verona provided at the time so un-installed it which is how I keep myself from spending lol. I definitely will give it another spin and provide any additional thoughts.
Old 1 week ago
Acustica Audio

We are thrilled to introduce three new incredible expansions for Sienna!
Volumes D, E, and F include the superb emulations of 12 studios, 23 speakers, 2 clubs, a grocery store, and a movie theatre

And the great news is you can get them all together and save 45% at checkout! Want to build the ultimate headphone mixing studio?
Get all Sienna volumes together (A,B,C,D,E,F) and save 58%! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/promos

Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
the grocery store almost sold me
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
the grocery store almost sold me
I always wanted to know how my music sounds near the winery.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
We are thrilled to introduce three new incredible expansions for Sienna!
Volumes D, E, and F include the superb emulations of 12 studios, 23 speakers, 2 clubs, a grocery store, and a movie theatre

And the great news is you can get them all together and save 45% at checkout! Want to build the ultimate headphone mixing studio?
Get all Sienna volumes together (A,B,C,D,E,F) and save 58%! https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages/promos

Nice!

Question: I assume these clubs are empty? Or is there an empty and full preset available?

If there is only empty (I can imagine that with the COVID situation) will there be an update in the future?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
Nice!

Question: I assume these clubs are empty? Or is there an empty and full preset available?

If there is only empty (I can imagine that with the COVID situation) will there be an update in the future?
Great question since it won't sound the same empty vs the amount of persons in the room.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
Nice!

The club was sampled empty, partly because of Covid and partly because of the technical necessity of space to carry the sampling gear.
The supermarket was sampled with all the aisles full of products but without people.
Soon there will be a series of posts with videos and photos of the places and their characteristics.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
theoretically mind you... it would be a real pain to sample a room full of people because of the added noise/sound they would make but i get your drift... they could fill it with mannequins or the like to simulate 'full capacity' i suppose. good point though... BIG difference between empty and full capacity. the bodies would certainly diffuse the waves but that would really be splitting hairs imo
Lives for gear

Quote:
theoretically mind you... it would be a real pain to sample a room full of people because of the added noise/sound they would make but i get your drift... they could fill it with mannequins or the like to simulate 'full capacity' i suppose. good point though... BIG difference between empty and full capacity.
They could ask everybody to be silent, you just need people

And indeed some clubs sound horrible empty and fantastic full. Some club sound great both full and empty, but there is always a big difference indeed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm waiting for a women's bathroom stall. I find urinals make the room sound too "yellow".
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

My music empties clubs so now I know exactly what the people who left are not hearing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The club was sampled empty, partly because of Covid and partly because of the technical necessity of space to carry the sampling gear.
The supermarket was sampled with all the aisles full of products but without people.
Soon there will be a series of posts with videos and photos of the places and their characteristics.
What about elevators for those who distribute muzak?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
was just gonna say that ceemusic... i make a lot of Muzak to jam to these days for the fun of it lol

p.s. i figured the grocery store would suffice :P
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
was just gonna say that ceemusic... i make a lot of Muzak to jam to these days for the fun of it lol

p.s. i figured the grocery store would suffice :P
Well they should have at least one OTIS in their repertoire...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

ACUSTICA! You actually sampled my favourite venue this time! AMS Rimini! I recognized it straightaway from the pictures. It felt like I was dreaming :D

Might have to think about giving Sienna a proper run this time. This will be interesting for a lot of electronic music lovers!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It's really very close to the original sound.

My advice: update Sienna to the latest version (but it must not be expired) and install the E-package.
In the presets use "position 3 with sub". The preset is already configured correctly.
If expired contact support. We’ll renew all trials for sienna today.

You need a pair of headphones that handle low frequencies well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeveousWreck ➡️
My music empties clubs so now I know exactly what the people who left are not hearing.
there is a “dry” preset which simulates a room full of people for Altromondo. You don’t need it for cinema, because it is already extra dry. Also seven is pretty dry (because it has a smaller venue). The preset takes in account of being not empty and a distribution of things in the room which changes the “focus”
Enjoy!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes, but which one, I mean Fresh Market sounds sooo much better than Trader Joe's.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faint Brouhaha ➡️
Yes, but which one, I mean Fresh Market sounds sooo much better than Trader Joe's.
True, but they all sound like money leaving my wallet.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I always wanted to know how my music sounds near the winery.
It is a very interesting perspective. Especially when you are mixing a song that would never be heard in such a speaker. And yet it is a useful reference in a weirdly familiar way.

We've all hear music in the supermarket, just not music that we personally worked on. (at least not me )
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
Check out these amazing N4 libraries by AlexB...

https://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/consoles.htm

He has console emulations that are incredible and you can add EQs and Comps as needed. And he's got lots of other EQs and comps.
How do you use his console libraries at 48k?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnUrBeats ➡️
How do you use his console libraries at 48k?
He has Golden Editions (GE) of some of the consoles and for those, he sampled at additional rates.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
what's the closest to the Neve 33609 in Aqua? and does it sound as good as the UAD version?

M
mfx
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looking for something Brown...
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook ➡️
what's the closest to the Neve 33609 in Aqua? and does it sound as good as the UAD version?

M
Navy Comp2 is the 33609. I have no experience with the hardware or the UAD, but these video's may help:

Check Paul Third's comparison of hardware vs plugins at https://youtu.be/_CsVzD3sYGI

and

Peter Claes's comparison of UAD vs. hardware at https://youtu.be/UL6F7atoDwo

Matt
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook ➡️

M
AlexB has a GE version of the 33609...

https://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html...mpressorGE.htm

I don't know how it compares to the UAD version, but I'm certain it's indistinguishable from the unit he sampled and that's what counts. It's the real deal. Not an emulation.
Old 3 days ago
Acustica Audio

Acustica Summer Sale!

Acustica's great summer sale is on!

Some truly hot deals in there you simply can't miss. Head over to our store and power up your studio to the max!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/marketplace

Act fast though as the promo ends June 27, 2021 (11:59 pm CET)!
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Acustica's great summer sale is on!

Some truly hot deals in there you simply can't miss. Head over to our store and power up your studio to the max!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/marketplace

Act fast though as the promo ends June 27, 2021 (11:59 pm CET)!
I was scouting around last night on the KVR and facebook forums with Cream, Lime and Gold on my mind.
Came across a geezer selling Cream2 for 20 dollarquids, so bought that and went to sleep happy. Got back to scouting and grumbling today to find AA has deals on both the Gold4 (69 dollarquids) and Lime2 (59 dollarquids) so had to just had to go for that.
"Now I'm sorted and I don't need new plugins for a while"

EDIT: I have a question though; why is it that when I purchase Gold4 I also get Gold and Gold 2, and likewise with Lime 2 I also get Lime?
EDIT 2: Question for AA, are you guys sadists or what for running this the week before payday? Now I'm eating baked beans for a week!

Last edited by WrathOfMaitreya; 3 days ago at 01:39 PM.. Reason: question
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
I was scouting around last night on the KVR and facebook forums with Cream, Lime and Gold on my mind.
Came across a geezer selling Cream2 for 20 dollarquids, so bought that and went to sleep happy. Got back to scouting and grumbling today to find AA has deals on both the Gold4 (69 dollarquids) and Lime2 (59 dollarquids) so had to just had to go for that.
"Now I'm sorted and I don't need new plugins for a while"

EDIT: I have a question though; why is it that when I purchase Gold4 I also get Gold and Gold 2, and likewise with Lime 2 I also get Lime?
EDIT 2: Question for AA, are you guys sadists or what for running this the week before payday? Now I'm eating baked beans for a week!
Resp1: When you purchase Gold, you get all the Gold previous versions available in Aquarius, and future ones also for free.
Resp2: We are more into BDSM (Bringing Deals for Summer Mixing!)
📝 Reply