The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian ➡️
yeah that was what i expected from earlier updates. However in s1 5.2 it doesn't show up, installed VST3 btw. I have a feeling it works with VST2, going to try that now.

edit: yep, VST2 does work.
VST3 working like a charm here on Studio One 5.2 (Win). Maybe reinstall or contact our support just in case.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Ahhh El Ray (update) How I have missed using you in Cubase.... you made me look elsewhere at other DAW's because of your behaviour. Now I see that ...you have seen the error of your ways and have decided to submit to Cubase muwuhahahaha
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
It is not necessary, they are like two "different" plugins, both should show up.
As I bought the Amethyst3 recently, and hadn't had used it in any important project yet, I decided to uninstall the previous version and let just the newer one installed. Good work guys!

And it seems to be working flawlessly in Reaper.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Has Lemon ZL for mac been fixed yet?
Here for the gear

besides the bug fixed on Cubase,what mainly is upgraded for Core17 ?
Gear Head
peace to all!

1. thanks for the Amethyst update and pricing and the discounts on the other goodies!

2. I'm seeing that several plugins have been upgraded to Core 17 to match Amethyst 4.

do we have any info what the Core 17 update brings to the table? has anyone noticed anything out of order with the updates so far?

when this was done for Core 16, I just upgraded and crossed my fingers. all ended up being just fine so I will likely do the same here. just curious... thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is Crimson still only VST2? saw an update but only VST2 was available.

M
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSpacey ➡️
Ahhh El Ray (update) How I have missed using you in Cubase.... you made me look elsewhere at other DAW's because of your behaviour. Now I see that ...you have seen the error of your ways and have decided to submit to Cubase muwuhahahaha
wonderful it is, being able to place el rey (and the other fixed acquas!) whenever and wherever and leave it or remove it and close cubase and open and close and open and... i could do this all day long!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook ➡️
Is Crimson still only VST2? saw an update but only VST2 was available.

M
For now, yes, only VST2.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

just downloaded the amethyst trial, but there's no pre-amp module, any ideas?
Old 4 weeks ago
Acustica Audio

Just released
The Sienna Reference Pro is an alternative version of the Sienna Reference with some additional features.
This plug-in works by correcting the frequency response of your headphones in the same way as the 'Standard' version but also introduces a filtering section to 'customize' the headphone correction using a number of exclusive controls to satisfy even the most demanding users.

NOTE: To install the Sienna Reference Pro product you must update to the latest Sienna version (Tool) and install/update Sienna Guru (Tool).

The new features included in Sienna Reference Pro are:

- Low Shelf +-6 dB at 50 Hz (fixed frequency);
- High Shelf +- 6dB at 10 kHz fixed frequency;
- Correction profile selection: 1 (identical to Sienna Reference), 1.5, 2 and J;
The Equalisation allows you to soften the correction curve that is loaded by selecting the headphone emulation. More details in the 'Controls' section.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
Has Lemon ZL for mac been fixed yet?
Hi Acustica, please can you answer my question?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
Hi Acustica, please can you answer my question?
The issue with low latency on Lemon (below 512ms.) and not exclusive to the ZL version is still pending to be fixed. If you are mentioning another type of problem, please report it via ticket so we can check it out, thank you!
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey guys, my AA VST3 plugins fail to update. I think there is a problem with overwriting vst3 files, since installing them was without any problem. I tried to open Aquarius as admin, no benefit. AA's helpdesk is telling me to uninstall and reinstall vst3 plugins each time there is an update. I guess ther must be some other way...
Any idea ?

Thanks !
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Have there been no loyalty vouchers since February or am I not loyal enough to get them any longer?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
Have there been no loyalty vouchers since February or am I not loyal enough to get them any longer?
It depends, have you been browsing the threads of other software companies :D?

Loyal Customer Discounts are up and running, please go to your account https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/account and make sure both newsletter (privacy consent) and Aquarius (privacy consent) are checked. If they are, you should receive them (check also spam folder just in case).
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
It depends, have you been browsing the threads of other software companies :D?

Loyal Customer Discounts are up and running, please go to your account https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/account and make sure both newsletter (privacy consent) and Aquarius (privacy consent) are checked. If they are, you should receive them (check also spam folder just in case).
Ah yeah, I just found some spam you sent me
Lives for gear

So what's the deal with the latest build (Core17)? Is it just the Cubase fix or are there other tweaks and improvements?

I'm updating my AA plugins but I don't use Cubase, so thought I would ask out of interest what changes, if any, I should be aware of.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy ➡️
So what's the deal with the latest build (Core17)? Is it just the Cubase fix or are there other tweaks and improvements?

I'm updating my AA plugins but I don't use Cubase, so thought I would ask out of interest what changes, if any, I should be aware of.
So far the updates are working well, the issues reported are already fixed or about to (minor issues with presets, AU validation).
There are minor improvements (for example Ai presets are loading faster, etc) and it includes de Cubase fix, if you are not using Cubase there is no reason to update right now.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Nebula 4 Update

Daily Cubase user here and the updates are really working well for the current Aqcuas. Is there a Nebula 4 Cubase update in the works as well? That's the only one that gives me the most crashes at this point.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sance21 ➡️
Daily Cubase user here and the updates are really working well for the current Aqcuas. Is there a Nebula 4 Cubase update in the works as well? That's the only one that gives me the most crashes at this point.
Great to hear that! Yes, N4 is in the queue.
Here for the gear
Deleting Files

I got a question about Pink, Purple and Gold. Since it´s not possible, to just install the newest version without their predecessors...Would it cause problems, if I delete the files of older versions manually?
Old 3 weeks ago
Acustica Audio

Diamond Lift2 Update G003 (April 16) | Validation issue fixed!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawniel ➡️
I got a question about Pink, Purple and Gold. Since it´s not possible, to just install the newest version without their predecessors...Would it cause problems, if I delete the files of older versions manually?
Yes, they share vector files, if you delete any file it won't work anymore. Sharing most files between the two versions makes the extra size footprint very small.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Yes, they share vector files, if you delete any file it won't work anymore. Sharing most files between the two versions makes the extra size footprint very small.
Okay, thank you!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Question: Do we have a list of which ACQUA plugs require that previous versions stay installed ?

I still have Acqua's from their debut release installed, and are now at v4 [for example]. Those earlier versions will not be used nor updated.

Thinking of a bit of 'house cleaning'.

thanks
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins ➡️
Question: Do we have a list of which ACQUA plugs require that previous versions stay installed ?

I still have Acqua's from their debut release installed, and are now at v4 [for example]. Those earlier versions will not be used nor updated.

Thinking of a bit of 'house cleaning'.

thanks
The ones @ Dawniel mentioned are installed with their previous version automatically from Aquarius (Purple3, Gold4 and Pink4).

I have asked our support to at least remove the obsolete trials versions (we receive tickets from errors with old trials from Cream v1, Ivory3, etc) but older versions are mostly kept for people who might need to re-open an old project.

Having the latest version is recommended, unless you like some particular feature (many people still use Green3, or Amber2 for example).
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The ones @ Dawniel mentioned are installed with their previous version automatically from Aquarius (Purple3, Gold4 and Pink4).

Having the latest version is recommended, unless you like some particular feature (many people still use Green3, or Amber2 for example).
Understood for older Projects ...

But there are earlier versions of Acquas that [I] no longer need/use, and was thinking that ,something like GREEN ... having 4 version, well, remove the previous 3 versions .... UNLESS ...

That would cause issues for the very latest version.

The reason for asking about Acqua dependency to previous versions.

2. Another question regarding Aquarius:

The 'Trash Can' seems to indicate that it will wipe/delete ALL files in the Stage Area. Is that true ? Can just a single Acqua and its Stage, be removed [via Aquarius] ?

.... asking for a Friend.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins ➡️
Understood for older Projects ...

But there are earlier versions of Acquas that [I] no longer need/use, and was thinking that ,something like GREEN ... having 4 version, well, remove the previous 3 versions .... UNLESS ...

That would cause issues for the very latest version.

The reason for asking about Acqua dependency to previous versions.

2. Another question regarding Aquarius:

The 'Trash Can' seems to indicate that it will wipe/delete ALL files in the Stage Area. Is that true ? Can just a single Acqua and its Stage, be removed [via Aquarius] ?

.... asking for a Friend.
If you don't use the older versions on an ongoing project, you can uninstall them using Aquarius (only the products installed with Aquarius can be uninstalled the same way) some older plugins won't show up so you can just delete them.
Theres no such thing as dependency on the Acqua line except for Sienna (you need Volume A to use the other volumes)

Regarding the stage area, is were the temporary downloaded are stored, you can purge it (bin icon) without affecting the installed plugins.

Hope it helps!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If you don't use the older versions on an ongoing project, you can uninstall them using Aquarius (only the products installed with Aquarius can be uninstalled the same way) some older plugins won't show up so you can just delete them.
Theres no such thing as dependency on the Acqua line except for Sienna (you need Volume A to use the other volumes)

Regarding the stage area, is were the temporary downloaded are stored, you can purge it (bin icon) without affecting the installed plugins.

Hope it helps!
That does ...

So after an Aquarius UN-install of an Acqua ... we would Manually delete its files in the Stage Area? as Aquarius cannot do this [per Acqua].

Thanks for the clarifications.
📝 Reply