The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 12th March 2021
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I mentioned this in the CAMEL thread, but didn't get a response.
I'm experiencing issues with the 7k band of EQ B on the Channel Strip and EQ. The 7k listed as HMF has a smooth response when I boost and cut. The 7k band listed as LMF acts different and it seems like the frequencies are jumpy. I sent a support ticket to Acustica.
Old 12th March 2021 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactix ➡️
I mentioned this in the CAMEL thread, but didn't get a response.
I'm experiencing issues with the 7k band of EQ B on the Channel Strip and EQ. The 7k listed as HMF has a smooth response when I boost and cut. The 7k band listed as LMF acts different and it seems like the frequencies are jumpy. I sent a support ticket to Acustica.
Please send the information required by our help desk so they can assist you. It is the only way. Thank you.
Old 13th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Sienna is coming...
This is the Acqua thread and that post is very off topic, maybe start it's own thread.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Ok I replied on the ticket response with the .nfo file and a quick screen capture of the bands different responses.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
This is the Acqua thread and that post is very off topic, maybe start it's own thread.
We will listed as a channel strip in Aquarius because we know you are a fan of them
Gear Nut
Will Sienna be like Modula, left and forgotten after some months? Will it cost 599?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Diamond Lift 2 Alias Distortion

I've done a little experimentation with using DDMF Metaplugin to oversample Aqua plugins...

As you can see 4x oversampling at 44.1KHz cleans up the aliasing distortion nicely at moderate clipping...I imagine Gainstation benefits from the same thing as well. Anyone interested in this?

There is a huge thread about aliasing distortion on Gearslutz and DDMF Metaplugin is discussed at length, I've used it for years to access the SC in Coral Comp but I've only just played around with the oversampling.

Last edited by bukarin; 13th March 2021 at 02:00 PM..
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore ➡️
Will Sienna be like Modula, left and forgotten after some months? Will it cost 599?
That there are no updates does not mean that Modula has been abandoned (many other companies have not updated their products for years), it works perfectly as it is and the server function has been announced for this year (there is still much of the year ahead). The prices of Sienna and various modules will be accessible.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
I am not a mixer/masterer on headphones, but you got my attention!
I have tried and have no interest in Acustica's plugins.

But I do have to say that the Nebula reverbs and even Ebony has a sense of space more impressive than the vast majority of algos.

That's way this Sienna interests me.

At the same time, it'll probably be a pain to use, and for that kind of tool, that very important as well.
Old 13th March 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Hi,
need some advice from the experienced here; I have a number of Aqua plugins. But have been on/off with them over the years. After uninstalling most of them for some period of time I went to install some of them again. BUT Pink4 is 10gb...! Magenta is 4-5gb. Gold I don't know. And I'm trying to save som space on my hd...

Im mostly interested in the Eq's. Is there a way to trash everything but the Eq's?

thanks in advance
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt ➡️
Hi,
need some advice from the experienced here; I have a number of Aqua plugins. But have been on/off with them over the years. After uninstalling most of them for some period of time I went to install some of them again. BUT Pink4 is 10gb...! Magenta is 4-5gb. Gold I don't know. And I'm trying to save som space on my hd...

Im mostly interested in the Eq's. Is there a way to trash everything but the Eq's?

thanks in advance
Hi! Modifying or deleting parts of a plug-in is not recommended, most likely will cause issues.
To save space you can either purge the stage area (where the temp files are downloaded) and/or change the stage area to external media.
VST2 and VST3 formats are the only ones that Aquarius can install in another drive as well.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hi! Modifying or deleting parts of a plug-in is not recommended, most likely will cause issues.
To save space you can either purge the stage area (where the temp files are downloaded) and/or change the stage area to external media.
VST2 and VST3 formats are the only ones that Aquarius can install in another drive as well.
Hi,
thanks for replying! I'm, aware of the stage area and I'm using AU so then I guess I'll have to live with it.

I'll use the occasion to vote for the possibility to download parts of the bundles. My first purchase was Magenta 2. Which was just the eq. While having all the other stuff added for free is a very generous move, I'd be happy to have som flexibility here:-)
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt ➡️
Hi,

thanks in advance
That's life with AA. Best to get a copy of DaisyDisk and go through and deleted stuff you don't need to make room for AA. Consider them like a bad roommate - one would prefer to do without them because of the trouble they give, but they do give some useful value, so for now, put up with them.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caet ➡️
I have tried and have no interest in Acustica's plugins.

But I do have to say that the Nebula reverbs and even Ebony has a sense of space more impressive than the vast majority of algos.

That's way this Sienna interests me.

At the same time, it'll probably be a pain to use, and for that kind of tool, that very important as well.
Sienna is soooo good

For people asking: technically SIENNA is an acqua
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
From the feedback we're getting, it's the best thing we've ever done, and beats everything else we did by so much!

For people asking about modula: there's lots of new stuff coming.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
Sienna is soooo good

For people asking: technically SIENNA is an acqua
Is it as CPU consuming as a normal Acqua?
Old 14th March 2021 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj ➡️
Much lighter. Of course, as usual, will be a free trial so each one can test. It is a sonic pleasure to work with!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
From the feedback we're getting, it's the best thing we've ever done, and beats everything else we did by so much!
You say that so much G it should be your signature, lol.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
You say that so much G it should be your signature, lol.
More than 50 mixing and mastering engineers as well as producers have been using it in advance for months and they think the same!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
More than 50 mixing and mastering engineers as well as producers have been using it in advance for months and they think the same!
Damm, all of them think Sienna is better than any Acqua/Nebula/Modula?

Maybe they don't like Acustica's plugins that much.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Or maybe sienna is really good
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I have to be honest, we haven't repeated a consumption measurement in several weeks, but it should be lighter than our other products.
In fact, the reference frequency I usually use is 96 kHz, where everything else usually gets very heavy. We spent a lot of time optimizing it. There is also to say that it is a plugin where only one instance is needed and it is disabled for rendering.

On a side note, I'm writing a little book about the history of the plugin, what we discovered along the way, the work implications, the creative process of writing code and research. It will see the light of day in the coming weeks. It's going to take a tiny bit of time to review and so on. I hope to have it completed and released within a month from now. Of course, you'll have the normal plugin documentation right away as well. It's a bit simpler than usual, we've come up with a workflow that's a bit more straightforward, with few things and few distractions. There will also be a plugin with an optional installation for the more demanding, where they can change a lot of internal parameters. We know some people will appreciate that as well.

There are some new features, we've been listening. First, the plugin will be divided into packages, each sold separately. There's a main product with two rooms and all the headphones, and then a couple of very inexpensive packages dedicated to many other rooms or separate items like small speakers and so on. Over time we will add more optional stuff. This business model will allow us (nebula library style) to keep costs under control or to make more expensive packages, for example when we have to make a very expensive trip to sample a distant studio. In short, cost control allows us to maintain a constant and rich development, and to have frequent updates. It allows us to invest heavily in the product. It also responds to the request you often make to us to share downloads and make things optional. Not everyone needs a headset correction plugin that takes up half a hard disk! Some just need correction without room emulation, some are only interested in some rooms and so on. Due to a number of developments we have made, the disk consumption is particularly optimized compared to other products, and extremely modular.

At the moment we support I think 130-140 headsets: that number will increase and it will be a free process. We will publish a list of course.
If you have a very expensive headset that is not in the list we can eventually manage a shipping process I saw someone propose this.

The product is better than other things we have done because it simply solves a different and more universal problem.
While not everyone needs a Neve emulation for a production, almost everyone has a huge advantage in having such a product for headphones: it often sounds better than even a room treated with very expensive speakers and helps you complete a job or hear better. The problem of rooms and speakers is a universal one. Of course, the end result depends on the headphones you use. We'll make some suggestions.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Fingers crossed that the HEDD HEDDphones are supported straight away!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
This sounds really cool G, looking forward too it.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I’d be very interested to hear Ziko Mikorey’s Northward Room with ATCs(Who was involved with Azure).

I’m really curious to try this out, I’m blessed with a top level ground up mix room myself. If I could sample my room and provide to clients somehow that would be incredible especially when doing remote Zoom sessions.

When VSX came out I thought it was an obvious thing for Acustica to do as the tech seems perfect. I’d love to hear more recording spaces being sampled as well as the Nebula libraries are killer but limited.

Good luck with the release!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I have to be honest, we haven't repeated a consumption measurement in several weeks, but it should be lighter than our other products.
In fact, the reference frequency I usually use is 96 kHz, where everything else usually gets very heavy. We spent a lot of time optimizing it. There is also to say that it is a plugin where only one instance is needed and it is disabled for rendering.

On a side note, I'm writing a little book about the history of the plugin, what we discovered along the way, the work implications, the creative process of writing code and research. It will see the light of day in the coming weeks. It's going to take a tiny bit of time to review and so on. I hope to have it completed and released within a month from now. Of course, you'll have the normal plugin documentation right away as well. It's a bit simpler than usual, we've come up with a workflow that's a bit more straightforward, with few things and few distractions. There will also be a plugin with an optional installation for the more demanding, where they can change a lot of internal parameters. We know some people will appreciate that as well.

There are some new features, we've been listening. First, the plugin will be divided into packages, each sold separately. There's a main product with two rooms and all the headphones, and then a couple of very inexpensive packages dedicated to many other rooms or separate items like small speakers and so on. Over time we will add more optional stuff. This business model will allow us (nebula library style) to keep costs under control or to make more expensive packages, for example when we have to make a very expensive trip to sample a distant studio. In short, cost control allows us to maintain a constant and rich development, and to have frequent updates. It allows us to invest heavily in the product. It also responds to the request you often make to us to share downloads and make things optional. Not everyone needs a headset correction plugin that takes up half a hard disk! Some just need correction without room emulation, some are only interested in some rooms and so on. Due to a number of developments we have made, the disk consumption is particularly optimized compared to other products, and extremely modular.

At the moment we support I think 130-140 headsets: that number will increase and it will be a free process. We will publish a list of course.
If you have a very expensive headset that is not in the list we can eventually manage a shipping process I saw someone propose this.

The product is better than other things we have done because it simply solves a different and more universal problem.
While not everyone needs a Neve emulation for a production, almost everyone has a huge advantage in having such a product for headphones: it often sounds better than even a room treated with very expensive speakers and helps you complete a job or hear better. The problem of rooms and speakers is a universal one. Of course, the end result depends on the headphones you use. We'll make some suggestions.
Will it work with VSX headphones?
Old 14th March 2021
Gear Head
How will it work together with a pair of Sonarworks Individual Calibrated Headphones?
Old 14th March 2021
Deleted 09ad95d
Sienna is gonna have to beat dSONIQ's Realphones on price, performance and sound:

dSONIQ updates Realphones to v1.5 - headphone correction and virtual control room plugin
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Will it work with VSX headphones?
Yes!
📝 Reply