The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld ➡️
I read an article on FB about all the different headphones they had calibrated and how time consuming that was. So my guess is that it is just software.
Duomo di Siena is one of the most beautiful things that I’ve seen in my life.
I believe that the plug-in will be the best sounding thing.
Old 5th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
No Helios consoles in Aqualand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️
Hi,

I just had a quick look through the list and have not been able to find an Aqua channel strip sampled from a Helios console.
Like one of those legendary units found in Olympic Studios in London in the 70s.

Any plans to sample one of those?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahlender ➡️
Hi,

I just had a quick look through the list and have not been able to find an Aqua channel strip sampled from a Helios console.
Like one of those legendary units found in Olympic Studios in London in the 70s.

Any plans to sample one of those?
Viridian has Helios as well as some nice compressors, particularly the Pye comp.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
Viridian has Helios as well as some nice compressors, particularly the Pye comp.
Thank you, Bro!
I‘ll have to check them out.
Have both versions in stock.
Old 6th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wait... AA changed their transfer policy in the last half of 2020, right?
Deleted 21e0168
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger ➡️
Wait... AA changed their transfer policy in the last half of 2020, right?
A part of Product transfer policies, terms, and conditions:
Additional transfers may be requested, will cost at a fixed price of 25 euros plus the difference between the product purchase price and the retail price listed on the Acustica Audio store. Any additional support request pertaining to license transfers has a fixed cost of 25 euros.

What i have accept to pay now for transfer?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
so they want their customer appreciation discounts back? lol

"Acustica Audio - A gift for you" it says on the emails. so much for the gift... forget on a business level... it is BAD even on a personal level to take back a 'gift' that is freely given.

beware of karma lol
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldemaR ➡️
A part of Product transfer policies, terms, and conditions:
Additional transfers may be requested, will cost at a fixed price of 25 euros plus the difference between the product purchase price and the retail price listed on the Acustica Audio store. Any additional support request pertaining to license transfers has a fixed cost of 25 euros.

What i have accept to pay now for transfer?
If you ran out of free Aquarius Web transfers, then yes, the difference between the purchased price and the list price plus the 25 euro fee for each transfer.

Acustica Audio products transfer policies, terms, and conditions: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...and-conditions

Procedure for ordering a product transfer: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...oduct-transfer
Old 7th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Weird. I was under the impression that the difference price policy was scrapped for transfers. That there were a few free transfers and then afterwards was a flat fee. Which there is, but still with the price difference thing?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Weird. I was under the impression that the difference price policy was scrapped for transfers. That there were a few free transfers and then afterwards was a flat fee. Which there is, but still with the price difference thing?
Correct, this was the situation for a few months, and then it quietly changed in late January 2021.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It was changed after years of user complaints, but the powers that be changed it back.

We all have to remember you don't own the software you buy, so AA can do anything they want with their IP. IMHO we end users have two legit options... use our voices to apply public pressure for change and vote with our money.

To each their own.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHstudi00 ➡️
Hello Zaphod, Acustica CM,

There was an iranian guy over at the Acustica Audio Addicts Facebook page who came selling some plugins. It turned out that he was a scam, and I and others users got scammed. I sent the money then he disappeared.

But I had him send pictures of his aquarius, and he indeed own the plugins he was selling. Moreover we can see his email account that is [email protected]

I contacted the support about this, and they told me that I should have shopped on their website, and that's too bad for me.

So I'm asking directly to you, can you do something about it? Several of your users have been scammed by another user, who has an account and own your plugins. Surely you have full power over the situation. Also, I remember Zaphod saying that he wanted a safe marketplace for his users, solving this case could be a first step.

Thanks ever so much
He is back and tries again, now on the official acustica facebook!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
He is back and tries again, now on the official acustica facebook!
Do you have his FB Name or nickname? or a link to any of his posts in our *official* groups or page so I can identify him? Thanks-
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Do you have his FB Name or nickname? or a link to any of his posts in our *official* groups or page so I can identify him? Thanks-
Think the admin already deleted his post. So can not check.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
It was changed after years of user complaints, but the powers that be changed it back.

We all have to remember you don't own the software you buy, so AA can do anything they want with their IP. IMHO we end users have two legit options... use our voices to apply public pressure for change and vote with our money.

To each their own.
We do own a license to the software however and that is a tangible thing with intrinsic value. We should be allowed to buy and sell these licenses in an open market just like anything else we pay hard earned money for. AA are petty tyrants in regards to these licenses and transfer policy.

Last edited by plexus; 8th March 2021 at 06:26 AM..
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus ➡️
We do own a license to the software however and that is a tangible thing with intrinsic value. We should be allowed to buy and sell these licenses in an open market just like anything else we pay hard earned money for. AA are tyrrants in regards to these licenses.
You can buy and you can sell pretty much all your products if you use the free slots from Aquarius Web in a smart way. And tyrants... wow! We are only a plugin company, not a national leader or mass murderers.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
pet·ty /ˈpedē/
adjective 2. of secondary or lesser importance, rank, or scale; minor.

ty·rant /ˈtīrənt/
noun 1. a cruel and oppressive ruler.

The definition fits.

Last edited by plexus; 8th March 2021 at 06:27 AM..
Old 8th March 2021 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
ty·rant /ˈtīrənt/

The definition fits.
Lol ok
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Lol ok
It's not a joke to us, the people that actually pay for your salaries.
Acustica Audio

Stay tuned because your favorite tyrannical company will have great news this week.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just reached my limit of five transfers. Just pulled my remaining AA plugs off of the classifieds. This policy is ridiculous. If I want to sell my remaining AA plugins,
it will cost me way more than I spent! Makes it pointless.
Quote:
Stay tuned because your favorite tyrannical company will have great news this week.
SIENNA,SIRI,SIRO.
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not a joke to us, the people that actually pay for your salaries.
Again you say us. Again I say, please talk for yourself.

I am not in your: us.
Deleted 6489f8f
Quote:
ty·rant /ˈtīrənt/

The definition fits.
You might want to reexamine your world perspective if an audio plugin manufacturer "rules" you.
Old 8th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hm maybe if you buy a plugin at full price you get a transfer voucher? Might benefit all parties.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 ➡️
Again you say us. Again I say, please talk for yourself.

I am not in your: us.
Why I even ‘bother’
Old 8th March 2021
Acustica Audio

COBALT2 is OUT! We took Cobalt to a whole new level by completely resampling its EQ and preamp sections, for better performance and sound quality. Plus, we added two new features, for extra versatility.
Get it now at 40% off the price https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/cobalt

(*) As usual, the update is free for owners of the previous version of Cobalt

What's new?

• New M/S control in COBALT EQ (Stereo Equalizer).
• COBALT EQ and the EQ2 of COBALT Dynamic EQ now feature a -10/+10 dB gain excursion (PRESENCE control).
• All preamps have been resampled.
• Two new preamps were added to the COBALT PRE module.
• Meters have been optimized
• Various graphic improvements

Old 8th March 2021
Acustica Audio

Old 9th March 2021
Acustica Audio

Cobalt2 has been added to the ARM Silicon / Big Sur compatibility list.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...con-compatible

Old 9th March 2021
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Anyone who buys software should consider it disposable. After transfer costs basically worthless. These guys give you some free ones so consider yourself lucky. It costs them money maintaining databases etc. Also takes away buyers if you think about it.

Between sales and discounts I haven’t paid more than for a good algo and most AA products are multiple with free updates. That’s another revenue stream they forego so maybe tone down the rhetoric....

these are small operations and I’d be surprised on the risk reward scale if they’d be models for a business school profit center....
📝 Reply