The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27031
Lives for gear
 
Psychlist1972's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar ➡️
One of the worst things to say about Windows per se
is the fact of not welcoming and encourage elucidated users.

The vst3 issue can be solved by placing a Windows system link to any desired partition.
I think you mean "educated users" or maybe "elucidated options".

If by "system link" you mean symlinks, that was brought up by others as not supported.

If you mean custom mount points (like mounting a new drive in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\vst3 or whatever) then that's cool. They are super useful, but it can be a challenge to make sure everyone doing it is aware that it is a separate drive, despite the path.

Docs on how to do that:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ath-to-a-drive

But it's not really a Windows problem (it's just as much of a project on other operating systems). But no one should expect musicians to also be sysadmins, and mounting new drives in different ways isn't really a typical end-user task.

Pete
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27032
Gear Addict
 
omkar's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
I think you mean "educated users" or maybe "elucidated options".

If by "system link" you mean symlinks, that was brought up by others as not supported.

If you mean custom mount points (like mounting a new drive in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\vst3 or whatever) then that's cool. They are super useful, but it can be a challenge to make sure everyone doing it is aware that it is a separate drive, despite the path.

Docs on how to do that:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ath-to-a-drive

But it's not really a Windows problem (it's just as much of a project on other operating systems). But no one should expect musicians to also be sysadmins, and mounting new drives in different ways isn't really a typical end-user task.

Pete
Hi Pete,
it`s a Windows native standard Microsoft uses everyday,
a.k.a "symbolic link" or "mklink" based on the then DOS shell.

I.e. option 1 here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...s-windows.html
but it is well documented all over the IT.

In times of W10 the syntax is a bit uncommon but executeable via prompt as Admin, e.g:
mklink /d "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" "D:\Audio\mklink\Program Files\Common Files\VST3"

In this case we first move the physical folder "VST3" from (target) C: to (destination) D:
and then replace the (now missing) initial folder on C: with the syntax above of the mklink.

Can be done with any file and folder btw, hope it helps some users.
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27033
Lives for gear
 
norbury brook's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
p.s. I have ahd a batch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
There has not, sorry.

Last info I have from Steinberg is that the main thread is blocked by the plugin when unloading. But Steinberg was not able to get a solid repro. That information came from a submitted trace.

Thanks for the reminder. I've pinged them again to see if they were ever able to get this to repro on-demand. Without a repro on-demand, I won't be able to get anyone to look at it, as there will be no way for them to tell when it's fixed.

Pete
anyone can get a repro on command it's very simple just add any AA plugin to your project and wait a while it will not close.....it's that simple.

If yo try and close with in the first few minutes it's fine you have to leave it for a while.


It is not GFX dependent as I sent them info from 2 machines one ATI one Nvidea ...one intel cpu one AMD cpu.

It's really NOT hard to reproduce 100% of the time.


M

p.s. I have had a batch file on my desktop now for a couple of years that I update with each version of cubase so I can force close every project without my clients seeing me accessing the task manager to force quit! there seems to still be 'buck' passing still going on from AA-Steinberg -Microsoft over this and no progress is being made. :(
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27034
Lives for gear
 
Psychlist1972's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar ➡️
Hi Pete,
it`s a Windows native standard Microsoft uses everyday,
a.k.a "symbolic link" or "mklink" based on the then DOS shell.

I.e. option 1 here:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...s-windows.html
but it is well documented all over the IT.

In times of W10 the syntax is a bit uncommon but executeable via prompt as Admin, e.g:
mklink /d "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" "D:\Audio\mklink\Program Files\Common Files\VST3"

In this case we first move the physical folder "VST3" from (target) C: to (destination) D:
and then replace the (now missing) initial folder on C: with the syntax above of the mklink.

Can be done with any file and folder btw, hope it helps some users.
Thanks. Yes, that's what was mentioned here as not supported for VST3 paths.

Pete
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27035
Gear Addict
 
omkar's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
Thanks. Yes, that's what was mentioned here as not supported for VST3 paths.

Pete
I see and I don`t want to take away anyone`s experience.

MKlink is fully working here including vst3`s (instrument and fx).
Few things like the syntax (e.g the path) have to be correct and all is well.
Cheers.
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27036
Gear Maniac
 
jBranam's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
i think these days when it is said 'not supported' it doesn't mean it won't work... just that if you foul something up doing it we ain't gonna help you lol it's all about the liabilities lol cheers
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27037
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Question

Hello Acustica fans. Wanted to share my new mix I used Blond on all tracks and busses! really happy with the fat wide sounding mix! hope you enjoy! on my next song I will try out more the Blond compressors. but the Pre mixer. wow!! keep making music! cheers Patrick

Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
  #27038
Gear Maniac
 
Evian's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️
Hello Acustica fans. Wanted to share my new mix I used Blond on all tracks and busses! really happy with the fat wide sounding mix! hope you enjoy! on my next song I will try out more the Blond compressors. but the Pre mixer. wow!! keep making music! cheers Patrick

i like it very much! would like to make a remix of this.
Old 28th February 2021
  #27039
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Has anyone had the experience of acustica plugins misbehaving on HDX systems? One instance of Celestial will totally bring my i9 10900k to its knees. I did not have this issue on HD native, and one of my HDX used friends has mentioned that acustica was also unusable on his OSX system.
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
  #27040
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian ➡️
i like it very much! would like to make a remix of this.
That would be awesome! email me [email protected] com thanks
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27041
Gear Head
 
Niclas.G's Avatar
 
Any time line about m1 chip compability?

It kind of works now. But changing parameters makes the cpu go nuts for a few seconds...
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27042
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niclas.G ➡️
Any time line about m1 chip compability?

It kind of works now. But changing parameters makes the cpu go nuts for a few seconds...
Besides some issues on the particular Logic 10.6.1 version, products in this list https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...con-compatible should work on M1/Big Sur (if you find any issues please report it via ticket to our help-desk).
For the rest, at the moment I don't have any ETA but it will be during this year for sure.
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27043
Gear Head
 
Niclas.G's Avatar
 
Ah. Thank you! None of my aa plugins is on the list. That explains it.
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27044
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niclas.G ➡️
Ah. Thank you! None of my aa plugins is on the list. That explains it.
You are welcome! The moment any product gets updated on the list I will notify it here, also you can check the link on our website.
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27045
Lives for gear
 
Will The Weirdo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Besides some issues on the particular Logic 10.6.1 version, products in this list https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...con-compatible should work on M1/Big Sur (if you find any issues please report it via ticket to our help-desk).
For the rest, at the moment I don't have any ETA but it will be during this year for sure.
So these are working on M1, but when will they be optimized for M1?

There is a huge performance difference between what is currently working on M1 and what is optimized for M1 in my testing.
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27046
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo ➡️
So these are working on M1, but when will they be optimized for M1?

There is a huge performance difference between what is currently working on M1 and what is optimized for M1 in my testing.
The products listed in https://www.acustica-audio.com/pages...con-compatible as well in the compatibility chart in the link are compiled for the ARM architecture, so they run natively (optimized).
Old 2nd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27047
Here for the gear
 
Great mix! Lots of punch and clarity. Loving it
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27048
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Besides some issues on the particular Logic 10.6.1 version
Hey any news when to expect Logic 10.6.1 support?
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27049
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech ➡️
Hey any news when to expect Logic 10.6.1 support?
I know they are working on it, but there is no estimated time for this at the moment.
Old 3rd March 2021
  #27050
Here for the gear
 
Hello Zaphod, Acustica CM,

There was an iranian guy over at the Acustica Audio Addicts Facebook page who came selling some plugins. It turned out that he was a scam, and I and others users got scammed. I sent the money then he disappeared.

But I had him send pictures of his aquarius, and he indeed own the plugins he was selling. Moreover we can see his email account that is [email protected]

I contacted the support about this, and they told me that I should have shopped on their website, and that's too bad for me.

So I'm asking directly to you, can you do something about it? Several of your users have been scammed by another user, who has an account and own your plugins. Surely you have full power over the situation. Also, I remember Zaphod saying that he wanted a safe marketplace for his users, solving this case could be a first step.


Thanks ever so much
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27051
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHstudi00 ➡️
Hello Zaphod, Acustica CM,

There was an iranian guy over at the Acustica Audio Addicts Facebook page who came selling some plugins. It turned out that he was a scam, and I and others users got scammed. I sent the money then he disappeared.

But I had him send pictures of his aquarius, and he indeed own the plugins he was selling. Moreover we can see his email account that is [email protected]

I contacted the support about this, and they told me that I should have shopped on their website, and that's too bad for me.

So I'm asking directly to you, can you do something about it? Several of your users have been scammed by another user, who has an account and own your plugins. Surely you have full power over the situation. Also, I remember Zaphod saying that he wanted a safe marketplace for his users, solving this case could be a first step.


Thanks ever so much
Hello! We really regret the situation, I will ask if any action can be taken about it, but it is a transaction between private parties, and Acustica does not intervene in them in any way.
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27052
Lives for gear
 
Volt9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHstudi00 ➡️
Hello Zaphod, Acustica CM,

There was an iranian guy over at the Acustica Audio Addicts Facebook page who came selling some plugins. It turned out that he was a scam, and I and others users got scammed. I sent the money then he disappeared.

But I had him send pictures of his aquarius, and he indeed own the plugins he was selling. Moreover we can see his email account that is [email protected]

I contacted the support about this, and they told me that I should have shopped on their website, and that's too bad for me.

So I'm asking directly to you, can you do something about it? Several of your users have been scammed by another user, who has an account and own your plugins. Surely you have full power over the situation. Also, I remember Zaphod saying that he wanted a safe marketplace for his users, solving this case could be a first step.


Thanks ever so much
I am sorry to hear you got scammed.

The one with pictures of his sick dad and no paypal possible? And need to sell before a date to pay chemo for his sick dad.

So many red flags.

How do you know for sure the picture and therefore the email address is from him? And not from a innocent?
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27053
Here for the gear
 
The pictures look very legit to me, and the date and time correspond
Attached Thumbnails
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-1.jpg   Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-2.jpg   Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-3.jpg   Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion-4.jpg  
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27054
Lives for gear
 
Volt9's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHstudi00 ➡️
The pictures look very legit to me, and the date and time correspond
I see/get your point
Old 3rd March 2021
  #27055
Lives for gear
 
GreenNeedle's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Does the Aqua line emulate any Focusrite modules?
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
  #27056
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle ➡️
Does the Aqua line emulate any Focusrite modules?
https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList Have fun
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
  #27057
tcc
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle ➡️
Does the Aqua line emulate any Focusrite modules?
TimP has the Focus Comp for Nebula.
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
  #27058
Here for the gear
Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle ➡️
Does the Aqua line emulate any Focusrite modules?
The Big Ceil Strip is Focusrite (and also includes the Celestial Collection and Cerise)
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
  #27059
Lives for gear
 
GreenNeedle's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawniel ➡️
The Big Ceil Strip is Focusrite (and also includes the Celestial Collection and Cerise)
Cool, that list
https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

...Is very helpful!
Is the Big Ceil from a desk like JJP’s?
Old 4th March 2021 | Show parent
  #27060
Gear Head
 
Niclas.G's Avatar
 
Surely there is SOME paragraph in the EULA that provents people using his/her accounts and your company name in scams?
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4610 views: 606969
Avatar for cabooter
cabooter 4 weeks ago
replies: 97 views: 35351
Avatar for mowmow
mowmow 15th September 2010
replies: 360 views: 45073
Avatar for Symphony Sid
Symphony Sid 7th August 2019
replies: 235 views: 48114
Avatar for The_Ogre
The_Ogre 2 weeks ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump