The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 29th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
What's the deal with authorisations/deauthorisations?

I've had some issues with my computer and had to reinstall windows several times recently. Same computer, same copy of windows 10 (activation code) each time.

I've just checked the Acustica website and this process has so far used up 4 of my 5 N4 licenses!

But it's only one machine. There MUST be a way to for Aquarius/Acustica website to be able to deauthorise these redundant instances that no longer exist??

Help please, otherwise I will soon have very expensive software I'm not 'authorised' to use!!

EDIT: Ok, looking up this thread, there is a new website for Aquarius online: https://aquariuspowered.com/

On there, I've managed to de-authorise all those redundant instances - so panic over.

Might be worth changing the links on the main Acustica website so people know where to go from there!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliquid ➡️

I've had some issues with my computer and had to reinstall windows several times recently. Same computer, same copy of windows 10 (activation code) each time.

I've just checked the Acustica website and this process has so far used up 4 of my 5 N4 licenses!

But it's only one machine. There MUST be a way to for Aquarius/Acustica website to be able to deauthorise these redundant instances that no longer exist??

Help please, otherwise I will soon have very expensive software I'm not 'authorised' to use!!
File a ticket sir, I believe with most activation license types you need to deactivate before reinstalling windows or changing pc's.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I appear to have managed to do it via https://aquariuspowered.com/

Which, assuming it has worked, was a smooth and satisfactory process
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnliquid ➡️

EDIT: Ok, looking up this thread, there is a new website for Aquarius online: https://aquariuspowered.com/

On there, I've managed to de-authorise all those redundant instances - so panic over.

Might be worth changing the links on the main Acustica website so people know where to go from there!

Each product is authorized automatically by Aquarius using your computer ID, when you make significant changes to your system (system disk, OS) the computer ID changes.
You should deauthorize your products before, or now, you can use Aquarius Web to retrieve those authorizations.

The information is available on our knowledge base: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...ercial-product

I'm glad you were able to solve it.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the response, happy that I was able to remove the unused licenses.
Old 30th October 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Possible to update Aqua offline?

Some were updated recently and my only Internet connection is an Android smartphone, at least for the time being.
Old 30th October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobinSTB ➡️
Hey guys ! What would be your recommendations for Memphis Soul / Blues Brothers type of music? I was thinking Gold and/or Cola for mojo then Sand, and maybe some El Rey / Purple for good mesure... And Water maybe?

Oh and probably Taupe

Please gimme your thoughts ! The which and the why, that'd be awesome

Memphis music... excellent choice. I'm a Memphis native.
I'd go Taupe, Purple, and a console option (Gold or Cola, but I wouldn't pick Sand).

Also, may I send a PM?
Old 30th October 2020 | Show parent
Deleted e680ec2
Ok Acustica and Giancarlo, I know y'all put in a lot of effort to sample all of those tape machines for Taupe so you might not make a second one, BUT if you do, can you also add a tape noise feature please? I like what it does to the mix. Ok, that's it.
Old 31st October 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
@ Stone21 Thank you! Much appreciated.
Experiencing problems with Aquamarine. It suddenly stopped passing through audio. So when turned on, I had no sound. Had to replace it with a new instance of Aquamarine on the mix bus.

Is this expected behaviour?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone21 ➡️
Experiencing problems with Aquamarine. It suddenly stopped passing through audio. So when turned on, I had no sound. Had to replace it with a new instance of Aquamarine on the mix bus.

When something is not working or you feel something is a little off, uninstall and install again via Aquarius, this fixes the most common issues. Make sure to uninstall the trial when you install the commercial version of the product.
If the problem persists please contact our support with a description or a short video of the problem. thank you!
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I'm sure this sounds fantastic, as usual. What hardware is the Camel modeled from?
Deleted 6489f8f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone21 ➡️

When this happens to me, it's often that one of the knobs of the Acqua is pegged all the way to the left, reducing the sound to nothing. If you try to adjust it, it will snap back to the left instantly. So, you can't hear anything.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Acquarius yet on those, though. I just reinstantiated it due to time constraints
Old 1st November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpanderson80 ➡️
Memphis music... excellent choice. I'm a Memphis native.
I'd go Taupe, Purple, and a console option (Gold or Cola, but I wouldn't pick Sand).

Also, may I send a PM?

Sure you can PM me thanks for the insights !
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I have so many Acustica plugins that I have held off from acquiring any more. I have sand, lemon, taupe, gold, pink, ebony, magenta, cream, ivory, diamond lift and eq, amber, coffee and I am probably forgetting a few.

The only way for me to purchase more is for
1. Distressor emulation
2. A reverb box like lemon
3. Dbx160
4. Aural exciter

5. A synth
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSEED ➡️
how much CPU do you have?

If you've already got channel strips covered (in a nice CPU friendly form that you can use on ALL channels) maybe go for some of the Acustica EQs, Ruby/Diamond/Ivory/Pensado etc?

You could get Taupe for bus's - although I find myself using it less now I have IK's tapes. Taupe is good for obvious character tape FX, IK more for mixdown.

or Nebula
Thanks for sharing
I have a i9 9900k pc.
Sergio
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
as of late i am just passing GAS lol
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro ➡️
Thanks for sharing
I have a i9 9900k pc.
Sergio
perfect - you'll get as good as anyone with that performance under the hood.
Old 2nd November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
4K HiDPI display support please!!!!

Hello AcusticaAudio,

4K display user here. Your plugin appear tiny in a DAW which support HiDPI (like Reaper which plays very nicely with the Aquas plugins).
Support tickets already sent 3 month ago to request the support of HiDPI display.

Many competitors are fully compatible with HiDPI displays.
I see many new AA products added, it is good, but for a user like me who owns already most of your plugins, I feel a little bit left behind...
4K displays are so great, when you have tried them, there is no going back, everything looks blurry.

On a 4K display running at full resolution your plugins are tiny, and are practically unusable, because they do not scale properly.
Please prioritize this development, quickly!
I love the AA sound! Please push this development through the gates asap!

Thanks! Best wishes!

Note: For all other users who may be missing this functionality like me, please submit a support ticket to voice your needs! This is really important.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon frost ➡️
I have so many Acustica plugins that I have held off from acquiring any more. I have sand, lemon, taupe, gold, pink, ebony, magenta, cream, ivory, diamond lift and eq, amber, coffee and I am probably forgetting a few.

The only way for me to purchase more is for
1. Distressor emulation
2. A reverb box like lemon
3. Dbx160
4. Aural exciter

5. A synth
Hey deacon, this might interest you for #4 -> http://www.londonacoustics.com/produ...hancer-bundle/

Runs in the free N4 Player.
Old 2nd November 2020
Gear Maniac
I’s love a Neve DFC Aqua plugin or plugins. Please thinks about it AA Team
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakline ➡️
I’s love a Neve DFC Aqua plugin or plugins. Please thinks about it AA Team
AMS Neve DFC is on UAD. The real thing, not an emulation.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
not an emulation?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
not an emulation?
Nope. Port by Neve, the real thing.

from UAD website:

An Exact Replicate - The UAD AMS Neve DFC Channel Strip is not a modeled version of the console's channel strip — it is the channel strip. Because the DFC uses the same floating-point architecture as the UAD platform, the developers at AMS Neve were able to map the console’s DSP, instruction for instruction, providing the plug-in with the identical algorithms, features, and sound as the original.
Old 2nd November 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
licensing question:

i have been running my acustica plugs on a win7 machine with cubase 10 pro. i have now set up a win10 partition on the same machine, again with cubase 10 pro. how do i handle the licenses in that scenario? can i just point cubase on the win10 partition to the win7 acustica plugins folder and they will work and be authorised in my w10 partition, or do i need to add licenses for the w10?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason ➡️
licensing question:

i have been running my acustica plugs on a win7 machine with cubase 10 pro. i have now set up a win10 partition on the same machine, again with cubase 10 pro. how do i handle the licenses in that scenario? can i just point cubase on the win10 partition to the win7 acustica plugins folder and they will work and be authorised in my w10 partition, or do i need to add licenses for the w10?
it will depend if Windows 10 shares the same computer ID as Windows 7 (I think it should).
If when you run the plugin ask for authorization, then you need to install Aquarius on the Windows 10 one.
Here for the gear

I got into Acustica a month or so ago. I really like how the preamp is a separate plugin and adds hardware harmonics. I make hip hop and I always use the 1073 gold preamp on my drums and bass for even order harmonics. I also have an instrument bus which I throw a preamp on and I have been experimenting with various acqua preamps. I prefer odd order harmonics on my instrument bus and I’d just like some suggestions on which preamps I could try. Also, how does my process sound, even harmonics on drums and bass, odd harmonics on instruments, any advice?
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
it will depend if Windows 10 shares the same computer ID as Windows 7 (I think it should).
If when you run the plugin ask for authorization, then you need to install Aquarius on the Windows 10 one.
I'll try it later. I'm hoping to use the same acustica folder for both partitions as it's massive. if they come up as not authorised on the win10 partition and I need to install Aquarius to authorise, presumably I won't be able to use a shared folder and will need a separate one for win10? otherwise it would screw up the authorisation for the win7 partition?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason ➡️
I'll try it later. I'm hoping to use the same acustica folder for both partitions as it's massive. if they come up as not authorised on the win10 partition and I need to install Aquarius to authorise, presumably I won't be able to use a shared folder and will need a separate one for win10? otherwise it would screw up the authorisation for the win7 partition?
Authorization slots can be retrieved using the Aquarius web https://aquariuspowered.com , so no problem there.
I would recommend you contact our support if you find any trouble, maybe there is a solution I'm not aware of regarding disk different OS/partitions.
Old 3rd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Authorization slots can be retrieved using the Aquarius web https://aquariuspowered.com , so no problem there.
I would recommend you contact our support if you find any trouble, maybe there is a solution I'm not aware of regarding disk different OS/partitions.
ok cheers.
Old 4th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Today Giancarlo changed the name of the official Facebook group to Acustica Lovers or something like that and pinned a post that basically said "No criticism - positive vibes only".
A user rightfully commented that we as paying customers aren't obliged to be always nice and easy and we should be allowed to vent frustration too.
To that I replied with "this move is 100% on brand for Acustica - they've always handled criticism like a 6 year old."

This apparently instantly got me banned from the group.
Thanks for proving my point, Giancarlo.

Haven't you recently boasted about only ever having banned like two users?
And now I get banned for this? Ridiculous.
📝 Reply