The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
in general discounts are higher during BF
There's nothing left for me to purchase at this point! Get busy!

Still like to see "Fire the delay" Lemon is great but just so... cumbersome!
Old 1 week ago
Acustica Audio

Arrow Update available in Aquarius

Silver (rel A058)
• Updated to new engine (Core 18) that reduces CPU consumption.
Old 1 week ago
Acustica Audio

Arrow Update available in Aquarius

LAVA - rel A021 / LAVA (TRIAL) - rel A018

New mics!

• Chandler Limited TG Microphone system A (FROM + TO)
• Chandler Limited TG Microphone system B (FROM + TO)
• Chandler Limited REDD Microphone Type Drive (TO)
• Chandler Limited REDD Microphone Type Norm (TO)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
@AcuaticaCM. just checkin'... I recently purchased Tulip, which in my opinion is an excellent sounding plug in that filled a need for lifting the mid highs on a piece that nothing else in my portfolio was quite able to do. After the purchase, I noticed I am now in the 50% bracket of the Loyalty Coupon Program...so does this qualify me for Frost promo? I sent in a ticket to support, but no reply yet. Could you check into this? Thanks!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaley ➡️
@AcuaticaCM. just checkin'... I recently purchased Tulip, which in my opinion is an excellent sounding plug in that filled a need for lifting the mid highs on a piece that nothing else in my portfolio was quite able to do. After the purchase, I noticed I am now in the 50% bracket of the Loyalty Coupon Program...so does this qualify me for Frost promo? I sent in a ticket to support, but no reply yet. Could you check into this? Thanks!
That would be cool if they grandfathered you in before the end of the Frost promo!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaley ➡️
Sure!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Sure!
Thanks for checking! Frost has been added to my account. That's cool! (no pun intended). I was already using the trail...awesome clipper and compressor and I'm sure I'll find good uses for everything else!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthetic ➡️
Thanks for the detailed list and explanation. Especially the remark about the definition of the word itself because to me it was always a bit strange since everything is algorithmic. However I used it as you noted above because everybody seems to understand it this way. I'm highly interested in the saturator no mater if "algorithmic" or convolution-based.
I think the correct words for both techs would be sampled vs modeled, instead of sampled vs algo.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
algo stands for 'algorithm' which is usually pure code (mathematically modeled). sadly there is no standard on how people speak or express themselves j/k

cheers
Old 1 week ago
Acustica Audio

Friendly reminder, Cola2 (now with hyper comp) intro price ends tomorrow, November 24.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/cola
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz ➡️
I think the correct words for both techs would be sampled vs modeled, instead of sampled vs algo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
algo stands for 'algorithm' which is usually pure code (mathematically modeled). sadly there is no standard on how people speak or express themselves j/k

cheers
What matters in the end is that it's understood. Super precise semantics and the insight that everything is algorithms is a bonus. ^^
Lives for gear
I'm selling my Lemon license for $69. Just not my jam.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 3b09537 ➡️
They just crippled Silver with an update that made VOL A disappear LOL I'm sure it'll be fixed in time, but today will be Seventh Heaven Professional.. shame..
install vol A from the purchased page again, if you didn’t delete files it will be extremely fast
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 3b09537 ➡️
They just crippled Silver with an update that made VOL A disappear LOL I'm sure it'll be fixed in time, but today will be Seventh Heaven Professional.. shame..
install vol A from the purchased page again, if you didn’t delete files it will be extremely fast
It is a type of error that we are trying to understand, and it sometimes happens in package product updates. It is related to an update of a part
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgatzeblouz ➡️
It had also been used in the early days.
Honestly we directly never refer to "algo," but it was used by users in common descriptions. I prefer to talk about the FIR approach because for a long time we used pretty much only it. Lately there are also things in IIR.
Even the concept of sampling is no longer enough, because I could, for example, create an IIR based on black box and sampling and an error minimization technique, or model it manually.
In general, we are the company that is most often using black box techniques to model building blocks of various types that are then assembled into more complex products. A practical example is taking an entire fairchild sampled and approached in a black box way and making it the transient manager of a brickwall limiter.
Gear Nut

Silver no longer recognizing Volume A here too. (*Logic 10.6.0 / OSX 10.15.7)
Tried all the usual deleting and reinstalling business, to no avail.

Last edited by Naru; 1 week ago at 06:51 AM.. Reason: *
Gear Addict
dear Acustica,

PLEASE can a future app installer, have a 'install all' where I can tick one box for vst3/vst/etc and click go please! Like with the excellent installer of Plugin Alliance.
Thanks

Also, I find the updates confusing. Maybe they could all go on in the background of each app upgrade with the installers all in it, again like Plugin Alliance/slate (very slick, slate installer!) - I think now Acustica have established the respect they have earned, maybe time to think about slicking up the installer/update/uninstaller app please thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
If anyone is interested. I just did a shootout between "fire the pump" and my elysia Karacter hardware. With the new hyper tech the saturation is there!!! and to be honest I can't say one was better than the other. The only thing that was slightly better with the hardware was the high end, it was maybe 3% smoother, but the stereo image on fire the pump seemed a tiny, tiny bit better! I think a lot of people are unaware of what they got for free here!
Here for the gear

demo bugs

hi, i 'm unable to try some pieces

green and green zen, magenta, and azure2, they have some bug and crashes every time i press or the pre or the band on...

on mac m1 pro, reaper and ableton
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra ➡️
hi, i 'm unable to try some pieces

green and green zen, magenta, and azure2, they have some bug and crashes every time i press or the pre or the band on...

on mac m1 pro, reaper and ableton
If it reassures you, green and greenzen hugely buggy on PC. Told them a year ago already. Trial has been updated, still buggy... One year im waiting and still wont buy it. Maybe the official one is working fine but i wont break my head on it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
If it reassures you, green and greenzen hugely buggy on PC. Told them a year ago already. Trial has been updated, still buggy... One year im waiting and still wont buy it. Maybe the official one is working fine but i wont break my head on it.
I run the VST-3 on PC - GreenZEN

What 'bug' are you talking of ?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins ➡️
I run the VST-3 on PC - GreenZEN

What 'bug' are you talking of ?
I tried vst 3 as well, same. I mean unusable. Knobs blocked and cant be turned.
Only the mix eq works in the trial version.
I have bugs on gold also. Choosing a certain eq can literally block the entire plug, you have to shut it down and reload it. Still usable but can be pretty annoying.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
It is a type of error that we are trying to understand, and it sometimes happens in package product updates. It is related to an update of a part
Unfortunatelly this doesn't work
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas ➡️
Unfortunatelly this doesn't work
Same here.
Win10 x64
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I tried vst 3 as well, same. I mean unusable. Knobs blocked and cant be turned.
Only the mix eq works in the trial version.
I have bugs on gold also. Choosing a certain eq can literally block the entire plug, you have to shut it down and reload it. Still usable but can be pretty annoying.
From the behavior you mention, knobs not turning [or snapping back],
this has an Authorization issue.

My second guess ... A computer 'Permissions' issue. AQUARIUS needs to be run in 'Administrative' mode.

Not saying that is the exact or only issue ... but possible indicators.

I looked into the Beta-tester LOGS, and not seeing any outstanding issue
as you describe with either Green or Gold. They both run flawless on my system ... but these are computers ... so MMV.

Should look to Support to get this resolved.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
From the behavior you mention, knobs not turning [or snapping back],
this has an Authorization issue.

My second guess ... A computer 'Permissions' issue. AQUARIUS needs to be run in 'Administrative' mode.

Not saying that is the exact or only issue ... but possible indicators.

I looked into the Beta-tester LOGS, and not seeing any outstanding issue
as you describe with either Green or Gold. They both run flawless on my system ... but these are computers ... so MMV.

Should look to Support to get this resolved.
ok thanks i will have a look on this... yes its always this issue with knobs not turning or always coming back.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
ok thanks i will have a look on this... yes its always this issue with knobs not turning or always coming back.
That's classic 'Authorization' issue.

thought ... did you use a different Email by chance ?

anyway ... Support can get this straightened out.

GreenZen is very good.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
That's classic 'Authorization' issue.

thought ... did you use a different Email by chance ?

anyway ... Support can get this straightened out.

GreenZen is very good.
just checked. i was wrong. zen eq is working only on right channel. no sound out from zen comp; one of his gain reductin meter is at max...

at least i can still buy it and then ask for refund if it doesnt work.

for black friday i can find others options. Coffee for example. I try to not accumulate too much and buy what i wil really use. So i always try to find excuse to not take plugins.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to ALL. you don't have to be American to take time to be thankful of what you have and not for the things you don't.

cheers to all and may God bless you and yours
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
i want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to ALL. you don't have to be American to take time to be thankful of what you have and not for the things you don't.

cheers to all and may God bless you and yours
Thx. This is exactly my spirit those days when i look to my rack. Really proud of what i have and properly realise we don't need too much, just few good ones.

Happy family time for you J. Which you strenght to digest, lol.
📝 Reply