The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33961
Lives for gear
 
jBranam's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
puppies never cease to amaze me... especially when trying to rid themselves of their milk teeth
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33962
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
You should use Sienna in a 'listen bus' on your DAW.
AH YES! Thankyou!!!! I will work this out!

(if anyone wants to chime in with instructions for studio one I wouldn't mind) - ill YouTube it now
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33963
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude ➡️
AH YES! Thankyou!!!! I will work this out!

(if anyone wants to chime in with instructions for studio one I wouldn't mind) - ill YouTube it now
The competition explains how to do it for their plugin. Sure you can work it out from there.

https://stevenslateaudio.zendesk.com...-in-Studio-One
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33964
Lives for gear
 
jBranam's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
@ chris in S1 just right click in the mixer window and at the bottom of the popup window check "Enable Listen Bus" and it sets everything up for you. just instantiate Sienna on the listen bus next to your main. everything bypasses the listen bus... you only 'hear' through it

cheers
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33965
Gear Addict
Thanks
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33966
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
@ chris in S1 just right click in the mixer window and at the bottom of the popup window check "Enable Listen Bus" and it sets everything up for you. just instantiate Sienna on the listen bus next to your main. everything bypasses the listen bus... you only 'hear' through it

cheers
awesome !!! thank you! Now I can listen with Sienna and do a QuickTime video without Sienna that is awesome.
Is this where you put the reference plug too? I assume so. What else can you put here for useful things? I reckon literally just a reference plug and Sienna!
Old 12th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33967
Lives for gear
 
jBranam's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
the way i understand it the listen bus is for anything you want outside of the main out process. but i suggest when doing referencing do so outside the listen bus... you would want to hear the exact product from both. just my opinion

p.s. you're most welcome
Old 12th August 2022
  #33968
Gear Head
 
Searched for this elsewhere, couldn't find it... but what is with the Aquarius updater saying certain plugins have "Last engine optimization?" Like El Rey, Purple, and Ultramarine...
Old 13th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33969
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael D. ➡️
Searched for this elsewhere, couldn't find it... but what is with the Aquarius updater saying certain plugins have "Last engine optimization?" Like El Rey, Purple, and Ultramarine...
I believe it's core 18 which is more efficient cpu wise , but could be wrong...
Old 13th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33970
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael D. ➡️
Searched for this elsewhere, couldn't find it... but what is with the Aquarius updater saying certain plugins have "Last engine optimization?" Like El Rey, Purple, and Ultramarine...
Several products are being updated to the Core 18 engine improving the use of the CPU.
Old 13th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33971
Lives for gear
 
rectifried's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Is there a list of what plugins are core 18.
or even a cross ref table to see which plugin is at what "core" engine.

the website only shows up to core 13... missing 5?
what does the core update do?
https://acustica-audio.com/pages/acqua-cores

looking at individual plugins I have . Gold4, taupe and erin... they are core 16 as stated in the website... but this is not in "aquarius" anywhere.
then for instance Nickel plugin .info on the web... makes NO mention of "core" anything..
but desert is core 17...
weird way to work in the "information age"
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33972
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rectifried ➡️
Is there a list of what plugins are core 18.
or even a cross ref table to see which plugin is at what "core" engine.

the website only shows up to core 13... missing 5?
what does the core update do?
https://acustica-audio.com/pages/acqua-cores

looking at individual plugins I have . Gold4, taupe and erin... they are core 16 as stated in the website... but this is not in "aquarius" anywhere.
then for instance Nickel plugin .info on the web... makes NO mention of "core" anything..
but desert is core 17...
weird way to work in the "information age"
In the Aquarius web, you have a more detailed changelog. El Rey for example,https://www.aquariuspowered.com/#/product/EL%20REY

All Core 18 were announced in our Facebook page, IG and here when the updates were released.
El Rey, Diamond Transient, Lemon 1.5, Crimson 1.5, Lime2, Purple 3.5, Green4, Ivory5, Diamond Color EQ3, Ultramarine4 and Gainstation2 have been updated so far.
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33973
Here for the gear
 
Scott W's Avatar
 
Jade 2 trial version both AU and VST crash Ableton 11 extremely hard (entire DAW completely disappears) just trying to open an instance of Jade 2 to a channel. M1 Mac/Ableton 11/Monterey 12.1 and all my other Acustica plugins all run perfectly fine. Tried uninstall and re-download and problem persists.

VST Crash report:
Crashed Thread: 24

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))
Exception Codes: UNKNOWN_0x32 at 0x0000000168ad0d80
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000032, 0x0000000168ad0d80
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 2


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AU Crash popup states:
NSCreateObjectFileImageFromMemory-"HHyxLppG" is damaged and can't be opened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restarted comp and uninstalled both VST/AU and re-downloaded and re-installed 2 - 3 times and it continues to crash non stop. Literally as soon as you drag it to a channel the whole DAW vanishes.
Old 14th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33974
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W ➡️
Jade 2 trial version both AU and VST crash Ableton 11 extremely hard (entire DAW completely disappears) just trying to open an instance of Jade 2 to a channel. M1 Mac/Ableton 11/Monterey 12.1 and all my other Acustica plugins all run perfectly fine. Tried uninstall and re-download and problem persists.

VST Crash report:
Crashed Thread: 24

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGKILL (Code Signature Invalid))
Exception Codes: UNKNOWN_0x32 at 0x0000000168ad0d80
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000032, 0x0000000168ad0d80
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 2


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AU Crash popup states:
NSCreateObjectFileImageFromMemory-"HHyxLppG" is damaged and can't be opened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Restarted comp and uninstalled both VST/AU and re-downloaded and re-installed 2 - 3 times and it continues to crash non stop. Literally as soon as you drag it to a channel the whole DAW vanishes.
Unlike the commercial versions, a few trials are not working yet on M1 Silicon/Monterey.
They will be fixed ASAP.
Old 15th August 2022
  #33975
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Friendly reminder: Graphite intro price ends tomorrow!

GS thread: Take your bass sound to the next level with Graphite by Acustica Audio & GR Bass
https://gearspace.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1384696-take-your-bass-sound-next-level-graphite-acustica-audio-amp-gr-bass-post16088406.html

Graphite webpage: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/graphite

Intro price ends August 16, 2022 at 11:59 pm (CET).
Old 16th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33976
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Hendy michelangelo been sampled already.

Unfairchild is a fairchild clone, we have a fairchild collection. So i dont see any interest there.

There are many dynamic processor that i would appreciate to access digitally, but dynamic is not their strongest side.

Few weeks ago, we noticed overstayer, valley people, blackbox hg2, old rca/federal/general electric preamps comp etc.
When i see the hype and prices, i think sampling an SP1200 or a mpc60 could be interesting for the company. Any vintage or modern gears that have a special or pronounced color/character could be interesting potentially.

For clean stuff i dont think so. As far as i love my expressors i dont think an aphex collection would be cool or impressive for the community. Elysia was asked, obviously by many people; i love elysia sound, but its too clean, and very affordable.
Whichever company releases a Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet plugin first, I will buy it waveform unheard. Or...maybe after a 20 minutes long trial? Either way, I love that thing!
Old 16th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33977
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Whichever company releases a Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet plugin first, I will buy it waveform unheard. Or...maybe after a 20 minutes long trial? Either way, I love that thing!
You may try Access Analog to try the real thing instead.
Old 16th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33978
Lives for gear
 
Macaroni's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Whichever company releases a Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet plugin first, I will buy it waveform unheard. Or...maybe after a 20 minutes long trial? Either way, I love that thing!
PA is coming out with their version this year.

Here are some details, but no mention of the Silver Bullet release time frame.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...e-monthly.html

Last edited by Macaroni; 17th August 2022 at 02:16 AM..
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33979
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Several products are being updated to the Core 18 engine improving the use of the CPU.
Ah, I see. Perhaps the word you were looking for was "latest" instead of "last?" The latter makes it sound like those plugins were getting their last update and being discontinued.
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33980
Here for the gear
 
Scott W's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Whichever company releases a Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet plugin first, I will buy it waveform unheard. Or...maybe after a 20 minutes long trial? Either way, I love that thing!
Yes, this would be insta-buy for me.
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33981
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W ➡️
Yes, this would be insta-buy for me.
Ideally the mark 2 gets emulated... but the original is still nice and very useful!
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33982
Lives for gear
 
screentan's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I'm wondering if anyone can share what their favourite Acustica pres for electronic dance music are please?
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33983
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 ➡️
Ideally the mark 2 gets emulated... but the original is still nice and very useful!
I got the SB MK2 and it’s my most used outboard gear. Everything is going through it as I use the insert sends/return a lot. Don’t know how that feature can be replicated easily ITB. But would be interesting to see the PA version. Another thing is that you can change color modules in it, but I don’t believe that would be modified in a plugin. But the default is great. The Aspect Ratio is also pretty special, but I don’t believe LTL will give their “secret sauce” away.
Old 17th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33984
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyohmy ➡️
I got the SB MK2 and it’s my most used outboard gear. Everything is going through it as I use the insert sends/return a lot. Don’t know how that feature can be replicated easily ITB. But would be interesting to see the PA version. Another thing is that you can change color modules in it, but I don’t believe that would be modified in a plugin. But the default is great. The Aspect Ratio is also pretty special, but I don’t believe LTL will give their “secret sauce” away.
What make you say that? im sure they also can model the other color module as well. and even come up with new one.
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33985
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 ➡️
What make you say that? im sure they also can model the other color module as well. and even come up with new one.
Sure it can be implemented, I just think it is just too many modules to choose from if they were to go down that road. And also since AA already has covered API, Neve and SSL (the flavors of SB) pretty well, I’m not sure how interested they are in that box. But we’ll see what the future holds.
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33986
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W ➡️
Yes, this would be insta-buy for me.
Even if it sounds nothing like a real Silver Bullet?

Because this is the most likely scenario - it just looks like a Silver Bullet.

Cynical much
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33987
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyohmy ➡️
I got the SB MK2 and it’s my most used outboard gear. Everything is going through it as I use the insert sends/return a lot. Don’t know how that feature can be replicated easily ITB. But would be interesting to see the PA version. Another thing is that you can change color modules in it, but I don’t believe that would be modified in a plugin. But the default is great. The Aspect Ratio is also pretty special, but I don’t believe LTL will give their “secret sauce” away.
Yeah it's hard to imagine they would make a plug that is as good as the hardware. I don't have a SB, but I have the SSL Fusion, and the SSL plug in equivalents are a joke.
Having said that, I did see a comparison between the Elysia Karacter plugin and hardware and the plug in came off surprisingly well, which gives me "some" hope. It was that White Sea Studios youtube dude.
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33988
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Several products are being updated to the Core 18 engine improving the use of the CPU.
And when can we finally expect the promised Aqua Library updates?

Dibiquadro and London Acoustics are waiting for ages...
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33989
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafa ➡️
Yeah it's hard to imagine they would make a plug that is as good as the hardware. I don't have a SB, but I have the SSL Fusion, and the SSL plug in equivalents are a joke.
Having said that, I did see a comparison between the Elysia Karacter plugin and hardware and the plug in came off surprisingly well, which gives me "some" hope. It was that White Sea Studios youtube dude.
How does Celestial compare to SSL Fusion?
Old 18th August 2022 | Show parent
  #33990
Acustica Audio
 
AcusticaCM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by screentan ➡️
I'm wondering if anyone can share what their favourite Acustica pres for electronic dance music are please?
For subtle sugar coating, try Opal, then Diamond EQ pre for a more noticeable effect on the mix bus. On tracks, Pensado EQ preamps work really well on electronic music. But there could be many other good choices.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 4622 views: 647927
Avatar for Gam_e_oveR
Gam_e_oveR 27th July 2022
replies: 443 views: 59281
Avatar for Neil Martin
Neil Martin 14th February 2021
replies: 361 views: 48131
Avatar for Gutz
Gutz 2 weeks ago
replies: 268 views: 63211
Avatar for AcusticaCM
AcusticaCM 26th July 2022
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump