The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
Yup, I hear ya.

Great links all around, thanks again. I don't know how I missed the Sweetwater link, I usually catch their articles when they're released.

Would be great to sneak Giancarlo into London or Toronto to sample the remaining AIRs. Lots of albums I loved were recorded on those gems. Holy Grail.
Not sure if you’ve seen this. Definitely a great documentary and worth watching: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9598492/
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
You can request more authorization slots via our support help desk. Resetting your own trials is not possible (otherwise you could demo infinitely)

For VST3 format using the default plug-in path is recommended.
There are still lots of trials that don't work with Apple M1 Macs, so I can't demo them during the sale.

eg: Coral2
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➡️
Make sure you document all your settings in the project with magenta because the trial and the purchase plugin are not the same. Kind of a pain in the ass but it is what it is👍👍👍
Thank you, I did it, the settings are safe. I was afraid without reason (about installation). Un installed the demo , installed the final version and it´s working fine.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hello @ ciro we advise not using trials on any ongoing or important projects and it's recommended that once you purchase the commercial version, uninstall the trial using Aquarius (from the Aquarius "updates" section).
Hope it helps!
Nice ... it was simpler than I thought, the tip to uninstall the demo was important.

Thanks!

Ciro
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaddies ➡️
Not sure if you’ve seen this. Definitely a great documentary and worth watching: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9598492/
I watched it last night, in fact! What a time to be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
There are still lots of trials that don't work with Apple M1 Macs, so I can't demo them during the sale.

eg: Coral2
And some trials still a no-go on macOS Intel -- I've yet been able to demo Camel or Erin. Camel is a trial authorization issue and Erin flat out bombs.

Both are very high on my list but I won't buy blind even when on sale. Who am I kidding, I'd buy both if they were 39€. But they haven't hit 39€ yet lol.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
I watched it last night, in fact! What a time to be alive.

And some trials still a no-go on macOS Intel -- I've yet been able to demo Camel or Erin. Camel is a trial authorization issue and Erin flat out bombs.

Both are very high on my list but I won't buy blind even when on sale. Who am I kidding, I'd buy both if they were 39€. But they haven't hit 39€ yet lol.
Well, there is a 14 day money back guarantee if you don't like it. That's like a demo, but using the real plugin.
Old 4th July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
we are updating trials… it will require a month or so
Old 4th July 2022
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Do the core 18 versions null in a null test to previous version? ie was this just an efficiency update or did sonics change too?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue ➡️
Do the core 18 versions null in a null test to previous version? ie was this just an efficiency update or did sonics change too?
Only engine optimization.
Gear Nut
Still with Crimson 1, does the v1.5 overwrites the previous one or it's a new plugin? Does this Crimson 1.5 open old projects and have to delete Crimson 1? It's a bit confusing that's why i havent updated this and N4 since 2020 but think its about time if anyone could explain it better.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Only engine optimization.
Sweet great news, thanks!!!
Old 5th July 2022 | Show parent
tcc
Gear Nut

Quote:
A new, more efficient, optimized engine.
Crimson 1.5 rel. A004 Core 18 update brings an excellent improvement in system resource usage.

ℹ️ This update is free for current owners and it's available in the Aquarius Updates section.

What about aliasing? Is there new oversampling?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcc ➡️
What about aliasing? Is there new oversampling?
No oversampling or any other new feature than the engine update at the moment.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Asking the profound question of which Aqua to add to Pink4 and Brown for a three pronged plugin “spear”. I’ve read Coffee mentioned a couple times. Is that the most colored Aqua of them all?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytube ➡️
Asking the profound question of which Aqua to add to Pink4 and Brown for a three pronged plugin “spear”. I’ve read Coffee mentioned a couple times. Is that the most colored Aqua of them all?
I've had Coffee for a while and it is really good. Go to the Chandler Limited website and read about the hardware that was sampled. Read the reviews and who's been using his stuff. It is top tier - modern versions of classic vintage EMI gear and more.

The EQs and comps are unique and colorful, the Pres are amazing and you've got a full console with different channels.

https://chandlerlimited.com

Here's the breakdown...

Coffee (15) - The Chandler Collection

• EQs: (A) Chandler Limited TG12345 Curve Bender and (B) Chandler Limited Germanium Tone Control.

• Compressors: (1) , (2) and (ULTRA) are a Chandler Limited RS124. (MODE 3/LIM) is a Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter

• Preamps: 31 in total.
LINE:
1-24: 24 channel paths (line input to output). The frequency response (of each preamp) is derived from 24 different channels of a transistor-based solid-state console. The harmonic content (of each preamp) is derived from a recreation of a celebrated vintage Mic Amplifier (valve line amplifier) used in one of the most famous recording Studios in UK in the ‘60s.
EMI TG12428?

CUST
A: EQ Model A's line preamp.
C25: REDD.47? "a tube microphone pre-amplifier emulation, the recreation of the original valve line amplifiers used in one of the best Britishrecording studios in the ‘60s."
E: line preamp of the TG12413.
F: line preamp of the RS124.
G: Little Devil Pre Amp (doesn’t include the Feedback control).

FEED:

B: EQ - Model B's line preamp emulation of
D: a preamp emulation of a Germanium based Mono Microphone Preamp/ DI 500 series unit.
(The B and D emulations that are part of the FEED bank give the user the possibility to use the FEEDBACK control/knob.)

FYI, I just bought Pink4 and Brown, and loving them as a compliment to Coffee.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Crimson 1.5 A004, Windows 11, Reaper 6.62: Authorization Bug still present.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Coffee is colourful and characterful. Surely one of the most strong character; if not the strongest...
So yes, its a good choice.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixcore ➡️
Still with Crimson 1, does the v1.5 overwrites the previous one or it's a new plugin? Does this Crimson 1.5 open old projects and have to delete Crimson 1? It's a bit confusing that's why i havent updated this and N4 since 2020 but think its about time if anyone could explain it better.
I've a feeling 1.5 doesn't work with the older version of projects. I think I had trouble with old projects . It could possibly have been VST2 to VST 3 though so be aware of that too.

I did a purge of VST2 version and just wanted to use VST3 but that buggered up old projects unfortunately.

M
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytube ➡️
Not sure if it's got more color than Brown. However, you have Pink and Brown already, why not think a bit out of the box right there and demo something like Jade, Crimson, which is up to date now or Ivory. All three with very specific and quite different qualities and components. I.e. Crimson's saturation, Jade's air bands and comp/limiter duo, Ivory's dual band limiter and transparency to complement Brown and Pink...

I got Lime to sell btw.

Edit: The above was just and idea, ofc Coffee is great, can't go wrong with it. Although I sometimes wished there were more frequency points and M/S eq in one unit. *hinthint*
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just installed crimson 1.5
I have a crimsonhl that appeared; looks like crimson strip. Dont know whats this hl version.

I dont see any ressource optimization here. From what i remember i even see +50% cpu usage compared to before (remember i do that on a poor lenovo laptop, win10) from what i remember.

I will surely do more test. What about you guys?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Just installed crimson 1.5
I have a crimsonhl that appeared; looks like crimson strip. Dont know whats this hl version.

I dont see any ressource optimization here. From what i remember i even see +50% cpu usage compared to before (remember i do that on a poor lenovo laptop, win10) from what i remember.

I will surely do more test. What about you guys?
Didn't test it yet but HL is High Latency, isn't it? Should actually be less cpu intensive, that's the trade-off, more latency for less cpu consumption.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthetic ➡️
Didn't test it yet but HL is High Latency, isn't it? Should actually be less cpu intensive, that's the trade-off, more latency for less cpu consumption.
Yes HL stands for High Latency and it's even less CPU intensive. https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...-instance-for-
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook ➡️
I've a feeling 1.5 doesn't work with the older version of projects. I think I had trouble with old projects . It could possibly have been VST2 to VST 3 though so be aware of that too.

I did a purge of VST2 version and just wanted to use VST3 but that buggered up old projects unfortunately.

M
Crimson 1.5 is backward compatible with Crimson (v1) but you must install the same plugin format you have in your session.
Here for the gear

After years of knowing of Nebula/AA I have finally joined the party having demoed the plug-ins over the last few days.

Encountered a huge problem:
They sound great.

So I have gone from zero to 13 in a couple of days and am regretting not getting them earlier.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthetic ➡️
Not sure if it's got more color than Brown. However, you have Pink and Brown already, why not think a bit out of the box right there and demo something like Jade, Crimson, which is up to date now or Ivory. All three with very specific and quite different qualities and components. I.e. Crimson's saturation, Jade's air bands and comp/limiter duo, Ivory's dual band limiter and transparency to complement Brown and Pink...

I got Lime to sell btw.

Edit: The above was just and idea, ofc Coffee is great, can't go wrong with it. Although I sometimes wished there were more frequency points and M/S eq in one unit. *hinthint*
@ garytube I'm going to respectfully agree with synesthetic here. Not that the others are wrong about Coffee; wonderful color. But you may have color overload with Pink and Brown and Coffee.

Something like Magenta has a very obvious yet very refined color that doesn't clobber you over the head. It's also the most flexible of acqua EQs (excellent range/coverage for frequencies, every band can be a shelf, etc).

Maybe consider an outside the box color for your 3rd choice. Jade for air, Magenta for tube goodness, or maybe Ivory or Green for a hard/fast/modern glass vibe. Just my .02.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Okay my bad, its probably the computer which is tired and handle crimson badly. No increase.

I did install again version 1 then 1.5 again for quick cpu usage test. I notice an improve about 15-20% on cpu usage.
There is one price... Crimson1 is 300mb when crimson1.5 is 900mb.

Yes i guessed hl means high latency. I dont see any difference with normal one but i just put it on a single track in an empty project so this efficiency will maybe appear someday.

Ok i understand its a matter of compromize. To keep its sound crimson will always be ressource hungry.
But yet thanks to acustica for this improvement, to did what they could to answer our ask, like trial updates etc.

Edit: forgot to say, no changes in sound or anything else. Just optimization as stated...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitum ➡️
After years of knowing of Nebula/AA I have finally joined the party having demoed the plug-ins over the last few days.

Encountered a huge problem:
They sound great.

So I have gone from zero to 13 in a couple of days and am regretting not getting them earlier.
Yes sir, despite all critics, they are way ahead of other vst companies in term of sonic qualities. I worked with high end gears only since two months (manley api ssl etc). I said here, it increased my interest for AA; it sound good, realistic. AA gears are usually "pushed" reasonnably, from what i analyzed means the colour will be more obvious than gear generally. I find myself decreasing input trim most of the time. Im often around -18, sometimes even less, sometimes a bit more.

Im definitely very surprised, the hype on some other companies. They do great job. But sonically Acustica Audio smoke them all. I don't understand why AA is ignored or misunderstood.
Especially in a time where lot of people are itb, have powerful computers etc...

Anyway, welcome in da club...

Lol
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook ➡️
M
I wish DAW's were smart enough to fix this by prompting you. FL Studio just says "plugin could not be found" and I'm like... I know where it is, let me show you! FL Studio says no, don't wanna help you
Old 6th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Yes sir, despite all critics, they are way ahead of other vst companies in term of sonic qualities. I worked with high end gears only since two months (manley api ssl etc). I said here, it increased my interest for AA; it sound good, realistic. AA gears are usually "pushed" reasonnably, from what i analyzed means the colour will be more obvious than gear generally. I find myself decreasing input trim most of the time. Im often around -18, sometimes even less, sometimes a bit more.

Im definitely very surprised, the hype on some other companies. They do great job. But sonically Acustica Audio smoke them all. I don't understand why AA is ignored or misunderstood.
Especially in a time where lot of people are itb, have powerful computers etc...

Anyway, welcome in da club...

Lol
I gain stage around -18. Acustica sounds great. Not sure if it smokes all the companies. I like UAD's compressors a bit more. Just from what I tried at my friends studio. From the outside though, it might be hard for them to grow though because of the amount of CPU the plugins takes up. Many knows this, and choose to look elsewhere. So I don't think they are being ignored or misunderstood.

Luca Pretolesi helped with fire the clip, el rey (I think), space control, and I'm sure other's. Watched 14 mix videos by him he didn't use that many acustica plugins. A few diamond series plugins. Mostly fabfilter, standard clip, izotope etc. All in all I think in the future many more modern engineers will go this route, and what works for them. Many don't want to switch DAW's, use only reaper, audiogridder etc. So Acustica's is going to have hit's market.
Old 6th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Having some coins left, I`m thinking of something yummy for the mix bus
during sale in terms of a substractive eq.

My choice would be Green (I have) & Ivory (I don`t).
Out of your experience what`s your`s between them & maybe in short why?
I cannot demo atm so thanks for a hint.
📝 Reply