The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 1st July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy ➡️
If you are (or anyone else is) smitten with the Motown vibe, check out the Pulsar Modular P42 Climax plugin. It started out as a digital recreation of the Triad A-11/12J transformer used in the Wolfbox DI. There's a quick little blurb about it in the foreword of the user guide linked on the product page.

https://www.pulsarmodular.com/produc...imax-line-amp/

There is a 25% discount running on Pulsar Modular plugins until July 4th in case that piques interest in at least checking it out.

Disclaimer - I beta test for them and I help with technical documentation, but I do so because I enjoyed the sound of P42 so much that I asked them if I could help in any way. It's invariably on key tracks of every mix I do these days (see sig). Love it.
I gave the P42 a demo after seeing RJhollins vouch for it a while back. I truly enjoyed my time with it especially in mid side. However I couldn’t justify the purchase considering my current options, I still have a few Nebula libraries on my list to purchase, AA may be considering sampling Elysia based on requests and a Terry EQ is on the way. Plus I’m about 99% sure I’m purchasing PA Lisa. All have priority.

I’m on my last lap of G.A.S. to be honest. After my last purge my toolkit has shaped up nicely.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu Fontaine ➡️
AA may be considering sampling Elysia based on requests and a Terry EQ is on the way. Plus I’m about 99% sure I’m purchasing PA Lisa.
Then maybe check their Elysia AlphaComp until AA samples it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I gave the P42 a demo after seeing RJhollins vouch for it a while back. I truly enjoyed my time with it especially in mid side. However I couldn’t justify the purchase considering my current options, I still have a few Nebula libraries on my list to purchase, AA may be considering sampling Elysia based on requests and a Terry EQ is on the way. Plus I’m about 99% sure I’m purchasing PA Lisa. All have priority.

I’m on my last lap of G.A.S. to be honest. After my last purge my toolkit has shaped up nicely.
Feels good, doesn't it?

I picked up Brown in the summer sale because I have had my eye on it for a while, but I still trialed it to make sure it was giving me something new or different in my toolkit (it does). Other than that, I have some Tim Petherick compressors on my to-buy list and that's it.

I have arrived at a place where the only things I am really interested in now are things that give me tools and options I don't already have or workflow enhancers. Gone for me are the days of ever-so-slightly improved EQ or marginally-better-but-really-the-same compressor plugins tempting me.

The only problem is that I have to own my suck instead of being able to blame my tools...
Here for the gear

I am trying to demo some AA plugins (Aqua) and have installed them on my system with the Aquarius Desktop App. Unfortunately, none of them are loading a GUI.

I am running Reaper (latest), W10 (KB5014699), Ryzen 5950x, AMD Radeon Pro WX3200.

All files appear to be installed correctly and I have not manually moved anything. Google search reveals nothing. Appreciate any tips.

Edit: Manual says: "AMD or Intel Xeon CPU's are not recommendable..." - does that mean Acustica is out of luck?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitum ➡️
I am trying to demo some AA plugins (Aqua) and have installed them on my system with the Aquarius Desktop App. Unfortunately, none of them are loading a GUI.

I am running Reaper (latest), W10 (KB5014699), Ryzen 5950x, AMD Radeon Pro WX3200.

All files appear to be installed correctly and I have not manually moved anything. Google search reveals nothing. Appreciate any tips.

Edit: Manual says: "AMD or Intel Xeon CPU's are not recommendable..." - does that mean Acustica is out of luck?
I would recommend you to contact our support. You might need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library packages. especially if it's a new computer or a fresh reinstall.
https://app.box.com/v/AALLAMSVCWINDOWS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_C%2B%2B
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
I would recommend you to contact our support. You might need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library packages. especially if it's a new computer or a fresh reinstall.
https://app.box.com/v/AALLAMSVCWINDOWS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_C%2B%2B
Thanks for the quick reply! I put together the system 6 months ago and do not remember installing Visual studio.
Edit: all working now. First impressions are great.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Feels good, doesn't it?

I picked up Brown in the summer sale because I have had my eye on it for a while, but I still trialed it to make sure it was giving me something new or different in my toolkit (it does). Other than that, I have some Tim Petherick compressors on my to-buy list and that's it.

I have arrived at a place where the only things I am really interested in now are things that give me tools and options I don't already have or workflow enhancers. Gone for me are the days of ever-so-slightly improved EQ or marginally-better-but-really-the-same compressor plugins tempting me.

The only problem is that I have to own my suck instead of being able to blame my tools...
lol. Yep! At some point I pretty much had the opportunity to try most of the HW in software form I had be interested in over the last 7 or 8 years but were out of my budget. Its been fun.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthetic ➡️
Then maybe check their Elysia AlphaComp until AA samples it.
Definitely have. I've owned it in the past but sold it years ago. Im a huge fan of Elysia gear. Karacter, Mpressor, Museq, Ive all had from PA.

For some reason however, PA plugins just dont work well with Acustica plugins in my Pro Tools sessions when mixing so I opted to sell the PA plugins long ago.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Feels good, doesn't it?

I purged my plugin collection several years ago and have been judiciously curating my collection ever since, setting a high water mark for any new entries into the fold. Anything new has to be unique and bring something special to the table.

I love that we can now access all this fantastic high end gear from yesteryear and today.

The Dilemma.

With all these choices why would anyone want to use the same EQ and comp on every track? I can see doing that with console line amps for summing, but nothing else.

Even still, it's hard to use everything available in every mix even with a different EQ and comp on every track.

That's not such a bad dilemma.

Brown is a killer sleeper for sure and a no-brainer at this sale price. Same with Pink2. And Coffee is amazing too. I spent time reading the Chandler manuals to grok the units in Coffee and they are really good. I've dialed in a very nice mid side EQ setting for the mix bus using the Chandler Curve Bender in Coffee, ie: EQ A. Using Patchwork.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Definitely have. I've owned it in the past but sold it years ago. Im a huge fan of Elysia gear. Karacter, Mpressor, Museq, Ive all had from PA.

For some reason however, PA plugins just dont work well with Acustica plugins in my Pro Tools sessions when mixing so I opted to sell the PA plugins long ago.
Strange, I use both all over the place, not in PT though. Good luck with Lisa then.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️
I purged my plugin collection several years ago and have been judiciously curating my collection ever since, setting a high water mark for any new entries into the fold. Anything new has to be unique and bring something special to the table.

I love that we can now access all this fantastic high end gear from yesteryear and today.

The Dilemma.

With all these choices why would anyone want to use the same EQ and comp on every track? I can see doing that with console line amps for summing, but nothing else.

Even still, it's hard to use everything available in every mix even with a different EQ and comp on every track.

Brown is a killer sleeper for sure and a no-brainer at this sale price. Same with Pink2. And Coffee is amazing too. I spent time reading the Chandler manuals to grok the units in Coffee and they are really good. I've dialed in a very nice mid side EQ setting for the mix bus using the Chandler Curve Bender in Coffee, ie: EQ A. Using Patchwork.
Brown, Pink and Coffee happen to be my favorites. I can see why one would use the same EQs. Workflow, consistency, being after a particular sound, trying to mimic a certain recording, emulate a console for tracking, mixing... Limiting oneself to one or just very few might spark some creativity or unforeseen results. There may be several benefits. I'm not tracking or working in a - let's say consistent - genre like rock or jazz. Coming from production heavy, sample-based genres like d'n'b, trip hop, downtempo stuff I don't limit myself too much, it's a patchwork anyway but quite a bit on a song to song basis. I.e.in one song I'm leaning towards Pink on tracks and busses, Brown for brass and things in need of heavy color and Coffee on the Master. Other tracks may require just a bit of Gold here and there and Ivory on the master or ProQ3 even. The beauty of it is the choice and it's also a curse. So I limit it in a production but change in the next. That's to me a good guide but not a rule. Go crazy with it if you want.
Old 2nd July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroni ➡️

The Dilemma.

I hear ya when it comes to having so much high quality choice lately. Cliché, but truly can be an embarrassment of riches. I had a hard time a while back with this though because I wanted to use something from everything on every song. In retrospect, I think that for me, it was because I had this sort of "I paid good money for all of these tools so I need to make use of all of these tools" thing going on. Lately though, I've been able to curb this desire naturally because I have developed a pretty minimalistic and reactive mix methodology for myself that is working really well for me.

Now, instead of having a nice collection of quality plugins I feel obligated to use, I am happy just knowing that I have them at my disposal when I decide that one is appropriate given a character I want to impart. Something that helped me here was to get organized. It was probably pretty similar to your purge, at least in spirit. I didn't purge anything really (I kind of need all my old stuff for recall reasons), but I took advantage of my DAW's custom FX menus and build myself a set of categories that only include my top one or two choices for each category. All the other stuff is still easily reachable if I dig for it by vendor, but I very rarely look outside my very small set of favourites now. Lots of Nebs and Acquas in there .
Old 3rd July 2022
Gear Maniac

Can anyone ID this console? Color scheme looks Neve.

Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
Can anyone ID this console? Color scheme looks Neve.

Custom NEVE A7971 at AIR Studios

You can read about the console on their website here:

https://www.airstudios.com/studio-1/

Looks like the picture is from this video (1:07)

Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️

Looks like the picture is from this video (1:07)

Yes, I'm a huge PT fan and that's where I grabbed the screen from!

The reason I was confused because they recorded at Air Lyndhurst but it would make sense that they mixed at Studio 1. Thanks for the info, Nokturnal!
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I've read a little about these custom Neve's from Air Monsterrat and still trying to figure out which eq/preamps are closest in Acqua land. They're not 8078. The Air studio site says 56 channels of Neve 31106 but that's about as far as I got.

I'm guessing Lime (88) is probably the closest.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
I've read a little about these custom Neve's from Air Monsterrat and still trying to figure out which eq/preamps are closest in Acqua land. They're not 8078. The Air studio site says 56 channels of Neve 31106 but that's about as far as I got.

I'm guessing Lime (88) is probably the closest.
Forget about it

But here are some links if you want to go down the rabbit hole:

http://amstudios.net/htdoc/Pages/Stu...SOLE_tech.html

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/ne...reatest-sound/

Neve A4792 Air Montserrat Console
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Forget about it
Yup, I hear ya.

Quote:
Great links all around, thanks again. I don't know how I missed the Sweetwater link, I usually catch their articles when they're released.

Would be great to sneak Giancarlo into London or Toronto to sample the remaining AIRs. Lots of albums I loved were recorded on those gems. Holy Grail.
Old 4th July 2022
Acustica Audio

Arrow Core 18 is here.

A new, more efficient, optimized engine.
Crimson 1.5 rel. A004 Core 18 update brings an excellent improvement in system resource usage.

ℹ️ This update is free for current owners and it's available in the Aquarius Updates section.

Old 4th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

Terrific!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Great!
Gear Maniac

Nice!
Old 4th July 2022
Gear Addict
any wind 11 support yet? I get confused where to find this info on the Acustica website, I went to Aquarius and it just says supports both windows and Mac, but no other specifics. Im tempted to install win 11 later today! - cool that this update is available looking forward to my next mix!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude ➡️
any wind 11 support yet? I get confused where to find this info on the Acustica website, I went to Aquarius and it just says supports both windows and Mac, but no other specifics. Im tempted to install win 11 later today! - cool that this update is available looking forward to my next mix!
Our support is concluding the tests and updating the OS compatibility here:
Hosts and operating systems compatibility
https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...-compatibility

At the moment, Windows 11 21H2, and 22H1 versions are officially supported.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi

I still have some days remaining (1,2 or 3, not sure) of Magenta 5 trial. I bought the software on 30, june. I'm using it on Reaper, on a W10 notebook connected to internet. It's my first AA purchase.
Question: What is the next step when the trial period expires? Should I install the Magenta again and it´s done?

Thanks!
Ciro

*I'm using the demo on an important project, that´s why I´m afraid to do any step without being sure.
*All the presets/settings are safe with print screen.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro ➡️
Hi

I still have some days remaining (1,2 or 3, not sure) of Magenta 5 trial. I bought the software on 30, june. I'm using it on Reaper, on a W10 notebook connected to internet. It's my first AA purchase.
Question: What is the next step when the trial period expires? Should I install the Magenta again and it´s done?

Thanks!
Ciro

*I'm using the demo on an important project, that´s why I´m afraid to do any step without being sure.
Make sure you document all your settings in the project with magenta because the trial and the purchase plugin are not the same. Kind of a pain in the ass but it is what it is👍👍👍
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro ➡️
Hi

Thanks!
Ciro

Hello @ ciro we advise not using trials on any ongoing or important projects and it's recommended that once you purchase the commercial version, uninstall the trial using Aquarius (from the Aquarius "updates" section).
Hope it helps!
Here for the gear

I have messed up my trial authorisations for Aero. After reading the FAQ it seems that it's not possible to reset the trial at this point?
My problem was that only one Pedal and one amp were available so I reinstalled it and (possibly) moved the files to a specific trials folder inside the VST3 folder as it became so cluttered...

Very much enjoying every trial I have tested so far and would like to take Aero for a spin before the introductory price ends.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitum ➡️
I have messed up my trial authorisations for Aero. After reading the FAQ it seems that it's not possible to reset the trial at this point?
My problem was that only one Pedal and one amp were available so I reinstalled it and (possibly) moved the files to a specific trials folder inside the VST3 folder as it became so cluttered...

Very much enjoying every trial I have tested so far and would like to take Aero for a spin before the introductory price ends.
You can request more authorization slots via our support help desk. Resetting your own trials is not possible (otherwise you could demo infinitely)

For VST3 format using the default plug-in path is recommended.
📝 Reply