The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 24th May 2022 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan ➡️
Haven't bought any AA stuff in a while. Waiting for the "€lysia" Suite... Come on, bring it!
It's been requested a lot lately. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 24th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Hum.... Color of amber.... Yet its particular, avalon is well known for being pretty accurate, brings fidelity.

Yet transparent, hum... I think its a light color but it is colored... throw anything to it, becomes better. Its not the color of coffee of course but still....

About this poll i think we will see the same name always... Coffee and crimson were not mentionned to try respect the five.
Actually coffee is maybe the most coloured of all aquas, for those seeking very fat, heavy sound with mojo; this is coffee.
Shame I like my coffee fairly dark and strong, rather than creamy But I hear you - Coffee has a lot of colour, and Cream too! Now all we need is a Cinnamon plugin and maybe a little Milk sweetener... add to taste.
Old 25th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
About a month ago I decided to give a bunch of Acqua plugs a try. Yesterday the trials ran out. Just want to say, god damn. The rumors are true. The sonics are so good. Everything became more dimensional. Just needed to figure out the proper gainstaging, which was a total breeze with hornet's vu plug.

Useless post, but had to say it.

Bravo @ AcusticaCM
Old 25th May 2022 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm ➡️
About a month ago I decided to give a bunch of Acqua plugs a try. Yesterday the trials ran out. Just want to say, god damn. The rumors are true. The sonics are so good. Everything became more dimensional. Just needed to figure out the proper gainstaging, which was a total breeze with hornet's vu plug.

Bravo @ AcusticaCM
Well thank you sir, on behalf of all the Acustica team. Glad to hear you are enjoying them 🙌
Gear Head

When using an AA plugin, I do this:

first: What I´m looking for?...always is looking for dimension...but.

-dimension and transparency
-dimension and mojo (saturation)

second: by the first question, I´ll be looking for Sound stage.

I´ll being looking for what is needed for the Track.

So...I always go with:

Pink
Snow
Ruby (which I love)
Silver
Ultramarine

and a tool that has been escential for mixing:

Sienna.

I can mention much more as blond, gainstation, cola, smoke, honey, etc.

But what can I say, every aqua has its own magic, you decide.

Best regards.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdilletteMan ➡️
Haven't bought any AA stuff in a while. Waiting for the "€lysia" Suite... Come on, bring it!
That would be cool. Elysia are good. They have a partnership with plugin alliance right? Would Dirk/Fransico Partners have something to in a contract where another company can't come out with competitive releases or plugins but only PA?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdrumss ➡️
When using an AA plugin, I do this:

first: What I´m looking for?...always is looking for dimension...but.

-dimension and transparency
-dimension and mojo (saturation)

second: by the first question, I´ll be looking for Sound stage.

I´ll being looking for what is needed for the Track.

So...I always go with:

Pink
Snow
Ruby (which I love)
Silver
Ultramarine

and a tool that has been escential for mixing:

Sienna.

I can mention much more as blond, gainstation, cola, smoke, honey, etc.

But what can I say, every aqua has its own magic, you decide.

Best regards.
No Lemon? Best delay.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Well thank you sir, on behalf of all the Acustica team. Glad to hear you are enjoying them 🙌
Do you know what a framework update is for Acquas?
Gear Maniac
@ AcusticaCM Do you have any info about support on Win11? It's been out for a while now, it feel weird to be so ignored
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm ➡️

Bravo @ AcusticaCM
Gainstage AA with vu meter is good. I mix with the same level in analog, can go otb and come back, easy. Tracks around -18dbfs, drums about -10 or -12..
Now it depends on everyone. I prefer use the analog tools in the way they have been designed. I find much more classy and clean this way. But many people do differently, many like to run tools like hell itb or otb. I saw people going out from soundcard and pushed at -1dbfs (to ensure a good noise ratio as he said, and entered a 1176 like that... For sure there will be color... Was for a rock track, so i understood the interest. But not for me..).
I like character, mojo but reasonnably. My sounds already have that a lot, too much color means disto. I prefer detail, definition. The more i work analog, the less im interested in saturation...
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie.T ➡️
@ AcusticaCM Do you have any info about support on Win11? It's been out for a while now, it feel weird to be so ignored
There is no ETA at the moment, sorry.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNovember7 ➡️
Do you know what a framework update is for Acquas?
Newest products have a new framework that is automatically downloaded. There is a solution available at our KB to reinstall it in the case its needed: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...udio-framework
Old 25th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got bored waiting for Lemon to work properly in M1. I just went and bought a hardware Delay unit so I don't have to put up with an added 110 ms of latency just to get it to work properly. Shame as it's mostly why I stayed in the Aqua way of working.

El Ray might still keep me running AA though
Old 25th May 2022
Acustica Audio

Get Magenta5 at only €59 and save 70% until June 5, 2022!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/magenta

Old 25th May 2022
Gear Addict
Just wondering if I sold my Mac mini M1 and bought the max Studio Monterey OS, whether AA plan to offer support during 2022?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude ➡️
Just wondering if I sold my Mac mini M1 and bought the max Studio Monterey OS, whether AA plan to offer support during 2022?
Not sure what you mean, we fully support Monterey SoC Apple M Silicon.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Not sure what you mean, we fully support Monterey SoC Apple M Silicon.
oh I thought it wasnt supported yet. Oh thats great! x
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Newest products have a new framework that is automatically downloaded. There is a solution available at our KB to reinstall it in the case its needed: https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/s...udio-framework
Ok thanks. I googled “software framework” but, knowing almost nothing about software development it didn’t help much. I guess the update is not really anything I need to be concerned with.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
Gainstage AA with vu meter is good
I think you meant GainSTATION, but you got me excited for an Acustica Audio GainSTAGE plugin for precise "sweet spot" trimming before hitting their main plugins. But then again, I guess there are plenty of meter and gain-matching plugins around already.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNovember7 ➡️
Ok thanks. I googled “software framework” but, knowing almost nothing about software development it didn’t help much. I guess the update is not really anything I need to be concerned with.
You might try googling just "framework" to get a simpler, more user friendly definition-like: A framework is a generic term commonly referring to an essential supporting structure which other things are built on top of.
Old 26th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy ➡️
I think you meant GainSTATION, but you got me excited for an Acustica Audio GainSTAGE plugin for precise "sweet spot" trimming before hitting their main plugins. But then again, I guess there are plenty of meter and gain-matching plugins around already.
No no i meant gainstaging AA with vu meter, analo style, is good; to not enter into it like a crazy and enjoy the color in realistic way.

I use a plug that is called mvmeter2 to do that. There are many others yes.

Im not that much into gainstation, nice plug but i dont have needs for that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaley ➡️
You might try googling just "framework" to get a simpler, more user friendly definition-like: A framework is a generic term commonly referring to an essential supporting structure which other things are built on top of.
Thanks for your reply. In retrospect, it seems like a silly question. I guess I was wondering why they’d update that on a free plugin that seems to be working. Maybe I need more sleep
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy ➡️
There is, its called Black.
Old 26th May 2022
Acustica Audio

⚡FLASH SALE⚡ Lime2 €49 (75% OFF). Only for 24 hours!
Get the legendary inline mixing desk's sound and sonic imprint that defines the British sound with Lime2.
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/lime

The Flash sale ends May 27 at 6 PM CET.
Old 27th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBranam ➡️
well i have done a lot of beta work over the years and not just for plugins lol but yea i got suckered into waves' cheap prices and giveaways only to find they were wanting payment for non-upgrades lol so waves were the first to be filed under "file 13"

i have bought things on sale (don't pay full price) and used them until something came along better so most of that count are non-used except on maybe special instances (tool box collection) if i found something i liked better the old collected virtual dust

thing is i have never sold anything given some stuff away but now many charge for transfers so i am not paying to give freely. in the past i have given amps, pedals and guitars away to friends in need. if i did sell any of my plugs i would not sell below my cost and many out in the world want a good deal out of those needing money so i don't even try. most all of them sitting idle i got my money's worth out of them so no skin off my teeth. i just don't want the hassle of trying to sell them off

yeah looking at the number it is embarrassing but i have been 'collecting' now for 22 years and i rarely buy anymore. i have been slowly purging the folder to shorten plugin scans lol

cheers
Selling plugins is a lot easier than you might think, just need to organise yourself a bit, most buyers are aware of transfer fees etc and you'd be surprised as to how much you can make for stuff you're not using.
Old 27th May 2022
Acustica Audio

Weekend deals

Taupe 🙃 €79 - Save 68% OFF!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/taupe

Blond €59 - Save 67% OFF!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/blond

*Promo ends on May 29, 11:59 PM CET.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Weekend deals

Taupe 🙃 €79 - Save 68% OFF!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/taupe

Blond €59 - Save 67% OFF!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/blond

*Promo ends on May 29, 11:59 PM CET.
I've invested in the fire the clip recently and was very happy. Great work

I am coming from the UAD side and many people have said that Acustica is more 3D. What would you guys recommend as a wow plugin to get to grips with from the Acustica collection? Really interested in warmth, analogue, 3D sound - compression, saturation - distortion namely. I could read this thread but it seems epic! I do mainly EDM and have a fair bit of computing power behind me
Old 27th May 2022
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
One thing that I've been hoping to see someday in the Acustica Audio line-up is the Undertone Audio catalog, both for it's flexibility and sound which is based on Class-A single-ended with no crossover distortion. I recently tried to explore however if any of the consoles or gear that AA has done has any similar characteristics and Snow actually was extremely close: full-discrete, extended dynamic range and no crossover distortion.

The pre-amp/equalizer isn't on the same level, but one thing I've been experimenting with is playing with the various Line and Mic channels in the Snow pre-amp and running it through my whole mix similar to Slate Digital VCC or the Brainworx console plugins.

The result is a truly sweet sound that's very pleasing. It's a Neve-ish but without the saturation that I get when playing with the Brit N VCC or other console emulations based on the Neve 80 series. The bass gets really huge!

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, or know if I will, but I think running a whole mix through Snow channels like this is a great way to start a mix even if you use other equalizers or compressors.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda Audio ➡️

I am coming from the UAD side and many people have said that Acustica is more 3D. What would you guys recommend as a wow plugin to get to grips with from the Acustica collection? Really interested in warmth, analogue, 3D sound - compression, saturation - distortion namely. I could read this thread but it seems epic! I do mainly EDM and have a fair bit of computing power behind me
Try Camel and Indigo

Tip: make it a routine, when you instantiate any of these plugins, to turn on the C/L button (channel link), switch on the PRE button (to activate the color) and adjust the input gain (if you work at - 18LUFS, then pump up the gain to zero to hear the preamp color, maybe even drive it a bit).
The preamp on the big Indigo EQ is really special, the small EQ is amazing for broad strokes, Camel's compressor as well, really good stuff, you'll see.

Also keep in mind that, by default, the EQ bands on Acustica's EQs are switched off, so don't forget to turn them on before you start tweaking. I know this sounds basic, but you'd be surprised to know how many people get confused by this.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adda Audio ➡️

Welcome aboard! One of the most important things to know is that you can install any trial from Aquarius to test, not only to ensure it works well on your system but to make sure it works for you and your material.

That said, it's hard to know where to start, but for EDM, I think you could demo Lift3 (clipper, saturation), and Gainstation2 (distortion), HWMC (mastering) from the DMI product line.
Then, from a classic console point of view, there are many that are known for working well with electronic music: Blond (The pre-mixer module especially), Magenta5, Nickel, Cola2, and Crimson (distortion) and I'm sure people here will recommend you some others to test.
📝 Reply