The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer ➡️
I also want acustica la-2a and 1176 comps and a ssl bus comp
Nickel comp is the 1176, a silver and black face. Not sure which they modelled but it’s already here! And smoke is the stay level.

If you didn’t already know;
Sand = ssl
Pink = Api
Gold = vintage neve
Lime = modern neve

My staple eq is the sand eq, they have both the E series and also the g series!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude ➡️
Nickel comp is the 1176, a silver and black face. Not sure which they modelled but it’s already here! And smoke is the stay level.

Sand = ssl
Pink = Api
Gold = vintage neve
Lime = modern neve

Snow too
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNovember7 ➡️
Snow too
Navy anyone? Neve too but rarely gets mentioned here.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy ➡️
Pink still has what are my top 3 pres compared to any other releases across Acqua and Nebula programs and libraries. Everyone has different tastes, but Pink pres get auditioned on every project because when they work, there is nothing better (IMO, YMMV, etc).

Highly recommended
If I had to keep only one Acqua it would probably be Pink.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
If you could only have 5 acquas for versatility

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you had to keep only a few acquas , let's say 5, for different styles of music which ones would you choose for mixing?
Thanks for your feedbacks!
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthetic ➡️
Navy anyone? Neve too but rarely gets mentioned here.
neve reissue. Sound more modern. Boring to me, prefer gold => much more character and vibe.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchinstin ➡️
Hello everyone! I was wondering if you had to keep only a few acquas , let's say 5, for different styles of music which ones would you choose for mixing?
I will take this as a poll... Because its pretty personnal from a person to another, or even depending the moment also!

Anyway im somewhere around here actually:
-amber for modern character and pristine
-gold for vintage mojo
-brown for vintage mojo
-pink(or honey) for versatility and softer mojo
-taupe which i don't use so much but which fascinating me, wonderful plugin.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
I will take this as a poll... Because its pretty personnal from a person to another, or even depending the moment also!

-gold for vintage mojo
-brown for vintage mojo
Is it just me or is Amber the most 'transparent' in the entire Aqua lineup? Hardly gets mentioned, maybe because of the lack of 'mojo' colour. It's just so respectful to the source - Coral too in many ways.
Old 24th May 2022
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Amber gets mentions and recommendations from time to time when transparent vibe is being sought. in fact, Nohay recommended Amber to me for strings when I reached out. I also use it for acoustic guitar, etc.

Last edited by rhaley; 24th May 2022 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 24th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Pink and Sienna for everything, Coffee and Brown for more and even more color and Ultramarine, but not because of the comp. If I want clean and pristine I go ProQ3 . Actually I got Ivory and Lime for that. I'd swap the latter one for Brown though if someone's interested.
Gear Nut

Quote:
1. Pink
2. Pink
3. Magenta
4. Azure (or Pink)
5. Crimson

Even though on paper I prefer the "Neve sound" I find Pink to be virtually perfect in every way. Magenta is practically perfect as well imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy ➡️
Is it just me or is Amber the most 'transparent' in the entire Aqua lineup? Hardly gets mentioned, maybe because of the lack of 'mojo' colour. It's just so respectful to the source - Coral too in many ways.
I think so too. Amber is a very classy sound. The difference between Amber and Coral for me is Coral is almost too timid or boring, where I don't find Amber to sound boring at all.

It doesn't hurt that Amber has the best (imho) high shelf of any Acqua.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
1. Pink
2. Pink
3. Magenta
4. Azure (or Pink)
5. Crimson

Even though on paper I prefer the "Neve sound" I find Pink to be virtually perfect in every way. Magenta is practically perfect as well imho.

I think so too. Amber is a very classy sound. The difference between Amber and Coral for me is Coral is almost too timid or boring, where I don't find Amber to sound boring at all.

Got to second that. Although Gold is a classic and a Neve must-have I use it surprisingly rarely. Forgot Crimson, because the one thing I have more of than EQs is frggin saturators. About to buy yyet another one though... Magenta though is something I don't gel with, as well as Amber. I use the competitor's Azure.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane ➡️
1. Pink
2. Pink
3. Magenta
4. Azure (or Pink)
5. Crimson

I had to check my Aquas and I do have Coral. I agree with your assessment, but at some point that color will have a purpose on a mix. These sales make it possible to have more plugins that I know what to do with...haha
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
I've tried HWMC on classic rock, modern rock, indie, and a variety of voiceover/movie sounds it is excellent to my ears. I would add that to aby list of aquas, and IMHO it's versatile.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️

-gold for vintage mojo
-brown for vintage mojo
Absolutely! It's just interesting to see what comes out...and yes nothing objective about it! A bit like a fun poll, thanks for your answer!
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Pink still has what are my top 3 pres compared to any other releases across Acqua and Nebula programs and libraries. Everyone has different tastes, but Pink pres get auditioned on every project because when they work, there is nothing better (IMO, YMMV, etc).

Highly recommended
Question. The Pink pres are mic and line pres, right? What about the harmonics for the EQs? Are those integrated into the Pink pres or are they not incorporated into the product?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours ➡️
Question. The Pink pres are mic and line pres, right? What about the harmonics for the EQs? Are those integrated into the Pink pres or are they not incorporated into the product?
Mic and line, yes.

The harmonics in an(y) EQ come from amplification stages and depend on the type of circuits used. These EQs can be used fully clean or in combination with pres. The pres can be turned off in each plugin (so, the channel strip, the eq, the comps, etc).

I believe the line harmonic is the same sample for all line pres, it is the natural variance and rolloffs that you get different with each one. There are 'cust' pres that have different sampled harmonics, but these tend to be 'too coloured' for me.

Very versatile.

Your best bet it to download it and spend a couple hours with it to see if it's for you.

Cheers. Hope this helps!
Gear Addict
Quote:

Sand = ssl
Pink = Api
Gold = vintage neve
Lime = modern neve

whoops here I replied to someone from page 1 in 2015 lol whoops,, oh well I like the spin this has headed now. Good to hear what everyone likes, I totally forgot about navy and snow being modern neve too.
Gear Addict
Quote:
im still in the middle stages of trying to figure this out: but I would say:

a console shaper that gives vibe: MINT! (subtractive as well as a boost somewhere in its eq too or whatever is wanted needed) . or cola etc
a bread and butter console eq: sand is ideal imo (ssl). if just picking a few plugs to start with. . or a neve one I.E. gold(vintage neve) or snow (portico neve) or Navy (is that the neve genesis?or shelford? no idea) or
an 1176 compressor? i.e. Nickel comp
maybe a pultec eq to do more broader eq strokes: purple or Indigo (I love indigo but its heavy cpu)

I would say if starting out with AA plugs and want a few plugs I would def get sand for the sand eqx2 (g series console eq, and e series console eq). And get one of the neve ones, I would recommend Gold (just because it has all the vintage neve! eq's!) and maybe either Snow or Lime.
Get Amber too!
Get a great distortion too = crimson

1. Sand (SSL)
2. Pink (API) -
3. Gold (vintage Neve)
4. Mint (awesome sounding vintage console 70's vibes). / or cola (a shaper I use for before eg sand eq.)
5. A modern Neve one maybe
6. Reverb: silver +vol J.
7. Distortion: Crimson.
8: All the rest lol
Theres all the console eqs you'll ever want to mess about with!

get them all lol

but I think the sand eq is great I love that followed by say honey eq to dip cut some stuff (Harrison btw) followed by say an 1176 or some compressor or a spare pultec! yea!

Once you get more into the AA plugs maybe you'd want something on the mixbus. I dont bother with that really.

If you got good cpu then maybe get silver and vol J.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Sand = ssl
Pink = Api
Gold = vintage neve
Lime = modern neve
series!
These AA Plugin Names are so weird !!!
Old 24th May 2022
Gear Maniac

So, if I buy all their Black series, I am getting alle the nice preams?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy ➡️
Hum.... Color of amber.... Yet its particular, avalon is well known for being pretty accurate, brings fidelity.

Yet transparent, hum... I think its a light color but it is colored... throw anything to it, becomes better. Its not the color of coffee of course but still....

About this poll i think we will see the same name always... Coffee and crimson were not mentionned to try respect the five.
Actually coffee is maybe the most coloured of all aquas, for those seeking very fat, heavy sound with mojo; this is coffee.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansemann4433 ➡️
So, if I buy all their Black series, I am getting alle the nice preams?
I wouldn’t buy them all. Quite a bit of them sound similar enough that I’d rather pick the bundles that have the most variation.
Old 24th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
AA's M1 compatibility list says Cola2 is M1 ready, however the C-415 is now saying it Not Authorized and plays no sound through it getting tired of these AA issues Guess I'll be opening another ticket.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➡️
AA's M1 compatibility list says Cola2 is M1 ready, however the C-415 is now saying it Not Authorized and plays no sound through it getting tired of these AA issues Guess I'll be opening another ticket.
Cola2 (commercial) and its C-415 EQ are working fine here in a mac Mini M1, please uninstall and install again using Aquarius, that should fix it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Highly recommended
Was the problem with Pink Pre 1 ever sorted out? I didn’t see and update???
Problem was if you stacked it on itself with multiple instances its phase would seem to change on each instance and it would degrade and drop in volume.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNeedle ➡️
Was the problem with Pink Pre 1 ever sorted out? I didn’t see and update???
Problem was if you stacked it on itself with multiple instances its phase would seem to change on each instance and it would degrade and drop in volume.
Wish I could help, but I am not sure about that particular problem. Perhaps @ AcusticaCM might know something about this or will know who to follow up with?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know what an Acustica framework update is? There’s one for Eminence April ‘22. Search doesn’t really elucidate my inquiry.
Old 24th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Haven't bought any AA stuff in a while. Waiting for the "€lysia" Suite... Come on, bring it!
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Wish I could help, but I am not sure about that particular problem. Perhaps @ AcusticaCM might know something about this or will know who to follow up with?
I'm not sure either what he means, but if he is willing to report via ticket with the complete information needed we'll be happy to check it out.
📝 Reply