Quantcast
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion - Page 1005 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica audio acqua plugins general discussion
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie.T ➡️
Anyone have some hints for the pink eq "letters" i feel myself use most the B on higher frequencies, i would like to ear what do you think, and what are your go to for what purposes
A is 550a, usually prefered sonically by many. B is 550b... I used both, never used the custom (capi ones if im not wrong).

A is strong sonically but less versatile (less frequency point, constant q not so different/narrower from proportionnal).
If you need specific frequency that A dont have, go to B. If you need constant q and surgical correction, go to B... This is usually the path im following, i give priority to A, when need specific, i go to B. I also go to B for trebble, more choice... B is more precise i think. A is strong on low, and bit more character. Hope that can help.

I advice to explore preamps..... This is one of the strongest point on pink. I usually only use the custom section. 3 (api 2500) is my fav.... You can find huge difference from one to another, depending your needs...

Also check carefully the preamp of the pinkpeq (api 560). This preamp is amazing... If you are not used to the 560, you could be lost. Not an easy one. Its one to use for general and large correction (suit well on bus, mixbus; on track too to finalise the work). Im in love with it, but can't use it too much; very large band. After all you can have fun, for example push a band over 6-8db even more, and then push down the two other band close to it, to narrow your boost aera. Check it on ddmf doctor, you'll have a better idea... As i say, not an easy eq, can't be used everywhere, but when you found some tricks, it will blow you by it sound...
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohay ➡️
A is 550a, usually prefered sonically by many. B is 550b... I used both, never used the custom (capi ones if im not wrong).

A is strong sonically but less versatile (less frequency point, constant q not so different/narrower from proportionnal).
If you need specific frequency that A dont have, go to B. If you need constant q and surgical correction, go to B... This is usually the path im following, i give priority to A, when need specific, i go to B. I also go to B for trebble, more choice... B is more precise i think. A is strong on low, and bit more character. Hope that can help.

I advice to explore preamps..... This is one of the strongest point on pink. I usually only use the custom section. 3 (api 2500) is my fav.... You can find huge difference from one to another, depending your needs...

Also check carefully the preamp of the pinkpeq (api 560). This preamp is amazing... If you are not used to the 560, you could be lost. Not an easy one. Its one to use for general and large correction (suit well on bus, mixbus; on track too to finalise the work). Im in love with it, but can't use it too much; very large band. After all you can have fun, for example push a band over 6-8db even more, and then push down the two other band close to it, to narrow your boost aera. Check it on ddmf doctor, you'll have a better idea... As i say, not an easy eq, can't be used everywhere, but when you found some tricks, it will blow you by it sound...
Thank you very much for your tips i really appreciate it
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Selling Ultramarine, SAND, Amber, Gold - Reasonable offers accepted.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
"the two new eqs and preamps in Gold3 are very rare and precious. We were told that the "1081" was used for the album Dark Side of The Moon. It's not a console, it's an external unit. The other... now you know, it has an incredible story behind it. We've sampled all the channels.

There is a lot of care in the meters of the Gold eq, we have verified the meters one by one.

For deep learning, you will soon have many more presets, they are completing them. Some of them have taken a lot of work." - Quote from G.C. on the FB group.
Dark side of the moon was first non Redd desk done in the non-valve solid state TG desks which replaced them. Same with the Beatles. All their records were done on Abbey Road’s Tube desks until the TG replaced them. Pink Floyd’s DSOTM was not recorded using Neve 1081 pres. They were the desk pres on the TG.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Ally ➡️
Dark side of the moon was first non Redd desk done in the non-valve solid state TG desks which replaced them. Same with the Beatles. All their records were done on Abbey Road’s Tube desks until the TG replaced them. Pink Floyd’s DSOTM was not recorded using Neve 1081 pres. They were the desk pres on the TG.
Woulda been way better on 1081s
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Ally ➡️
Yes, on a TG 12345 and one of the two possible consoles is in primestudio (spark bundle, and in Sienna G). They were two consoles in rotation, so it is difficult to know today which of the two was actually used in the album
We also know, among the various outboards, an external preamp "gold" that we have sampled in Switzerland, belonged to the Italian singer Mina, and that is inside gold
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
A REQUEST please: In SiennaSystemwide, I saved a really cool setup and spent ages doing it, but I cant open this file in the DAW in Sienna guru, can you please allow me to open the Systemwide 'saved file' in the daw also please. Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
GAINSTATION 2 IS OUT NOW!
The ultimate distortion plugin
Do you mix or produce Trap, Hip-Hop, EDM? Are you a beatmaker or a metalhead? Get the best wall-shaking, face-slapping sound that characterizes modern productions in one go!
*Introductory price! 25% OFF: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...ip/gainstation

What’s new?
• Better performance and sound, plus a more versatile 'Pultec-style' EQ, suitable for any music genre.
• Thanks to the new variable and versatile Texture circuit, a global boost to the harmonic content breathes life into the dullest recordings.
• Gainstation2 Boost (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x) oversampling to improve the processing quality.

Do you want to cut your mix even more in the easiest way?
GAINSTATION 2 VSM is the ultimate harmonic saturation fine-tuning plugin to add depth with very few actions to create complex and rich textures, adjusting the amount of harmonic content of your source, all-in-one!

Add power, dimension, and juice to your tracks, cut through the mix, and stand out from the rest!
Developed in collaboration with Studio DMI and super-producer Mike Dean (Kanye West, 2Pac, Scarface, Travis Scott, 2 Chainz, Jay-Z, Drake), Gainstation 2 is the 21st Century plugin for anything distortion and creative sound mangling!

Need’em all? Get the BUNDLE with an extra 15% OFF!
*This upgrade is free for current Gainstation owners.
** The promotion ends November 23, 2021, at 11:59 pm CET.

I just wanted to say thank you for the free upgrade! Gainstation is a rad product.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT ➡️
I just wanted to say thank you for the free upgrade! Gainstation is a rad product.
Much appreciated!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just did some off the cuff testing between PA's vsm-3 (one of my favourites) and gainstation 2 and the immediate takeaway was how much better gainstation2 respects the dynamics of the material. This is not exactly an apples to apples comparison but VSM-3 came off as brittle, overly noisy (which can be useful!) and flat. GS2 makes the 'shape' of the source more 'shapey' and as a result it pulls my ears in more effectively. VSM felt like an obvious filter was coming between my ears and the source material. Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT ➡️
I just did some off the cuff testing between PA's vsm-3 (one of my favourites) and gainstation 2 and the immediate takeaway was how much better gainstation2 respects the dynamics of the material. This is not exactly an apples to apples comparison but VSM-3 came off as brittle, overly noisy (which can be useful!) and flat. GS2 makes the 'shape' of the source more 'shapey' and as a result it pulls my ears in more effectively. VSM felt like an obvious filter was coming between my ears and the source material. Very nice!
Shapey John?
Gear Addict

Report of the day for me is about gold. I had a sample from a very old movie in mono, with piano cello bass violin. The sample is very very dark, i wanted to cut the bass (to rework it seperately on another track), and the main problem that occured was even with the heavy master of the track, the piano is loosing intensity progressively, much more present at the beginning and weak at the end even if the average level is close, almost the same.
I used fabfilter q3 with hp filter to remove the bass, a heavy cut on the low med, a peak on high med and a 2db shelf on trebble; pa vsc2 was used for levelling and make the piano intensity more regular. So i decided to try to rework it with gold strip and see if it could do a better job... I did same kind of eqing, using the 3081 as the manual claim its a rich sounding one and frequency needed were appropriate; combined with the 8252 finally switched for the 54 as i found it more smooth, natural and efficient for the job (with its preamp); i found better to tweak the mix knob at 40%. Easy and pleasing work, really.

Then i compared the ancient and the new... Oh my.... The ancient was way too bright, missing all body and depth in the low med even when trying to correct it, no presence for all cello/violin that were disappearing far away (both eq were supposed to be closed....). The vertigo was working more at the beginning of the sample but also was killing all life from the sample. Etc.
With gold, the eq was perfectly balanced, not missing anything, bringing up all details, giving lots of life and presence to violin and cello, helped by the comp they find their place way upfront. The whole sample is now very regular with lots of intensity all along.... Damn, night and day...

I need to refer to manual everytime to choose an eq with the little descriptions, that i find useful. Gold is full of many tools, can disturb at first; i won't say is too much... Crazy value for the price, really effective and surprising. Very rich, nice color, can bring fatness, or sheen or mid presence etc... Wow what a tool.
Rip mister Neve, you wont be forgotten and you will stay the biggest legend and king of audio electronic.
Quote:
Report of the day for me is about gold. I had a sample from a very old movie in mono, with piano cello bass violin. The sample is very very dark, i wanted to cut the bass (to rework it seperately on another track), and the main problem that occured was even with the heavy master of the track, the piano is loosing intensity progressively, much more present at the beginning and weak at the end even if the average level is close, almost the same.
I used fabfilter q3 with hp filter to remove the bass, a heavy cut on the low med, a peak on high med and a 2db shelf on trebble; pa vsc2 was used for levelling and make the piano intensity more regular. So i decided to try to rework it with gold strip and see if it could do a better job... I did same kind of eqing, using the 3081 as the manual claim its a rich sounding one and frequency needed were appropriate; combined with the 8252 finally switched for the 54 as i found it more smooth, natural and efficient for the job (with its preamp); i found better to tweak the mix knob at 40%. Easy and pleasing work, really.

Then i compared the ancient and the new... Oh my.... The ancient was way too bright, missing all body and depth in the low med even when trying to correct it, no presence for all cello/violin that were disappearing far away (both eq were supposed to be closed....). The vertigo was working more at the beginning of the sample but also was killing all life from the sample. Etc.
With gold, the eq was perfectly balanced, not missing anything, bringing up all details, giving lots of life and presence to violin and cello, helped by the comp they find their place way upfront. The whole sample is now very regular with lots of intensity all along.... Damn, night and day...

I need to refer to manual everytime to choose an eq with the little descriptions, that i find useful. Gold is full of many tools, can disturb at first; i won't say is too much... Crazy value for the price, really effective and surprising. Very rich, nice color, can bring fatness, or sheen or mid presence etc... Wow what a tool.
Rip mister Neve, you wont be forgotten and you will stay the biggest legend and king of audio electronic.
Such a good shout. Yes I'm also learning to combat the crisis of options at EQ level by R-ing The FM.
The Gold EQ collection is a partially submerged treasure chest of subtle differences. Was having problems connecting with Gold so I decided for one very suitable seeming project to use ONLY Gold and let the chips fall where they may (I'm lucky in that I don't have clients and have only myself to please/castigate).
I think alot of the reason some folk don't take to AA stuff is that it really needs investment of time and focus to get to know it but it's really worth it, at least personally.
Thanks for the notes on your process here, they're going copy paste style into my studio notebook as I work with strings and piano alot.

Last edited by WrathOfMaitreya; 4 weeks ago at 09:13 AM.. Reason: grammar
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathOfMaitreya ➡️
Such a good shout. Yes I'm also learning to combat the crisis of options at EQ level by R-ing The FM.
The Gold EQ collection is a partially submerged treasure chest of subtle differences. Was having problems connecting with Gold so I decided for one very suitable seeming project to use ONLY Gold and let the chips fall where they may (I'm lucky in that I don't have clients and have only myself to please/castigate).
I think alot of the reason some folk don't take to AA stuff is that it really needs investment of time and focus to get to know it but it's really worth it, at least personally.
Thanks for the notes on your process here, they're going copy paste style into my studio notebook as I work with strings and piano alot.
As i noticed, to chose an eq, my method is to follow the manual description (comparison section). Then i verify if the frequency points correspond to the needs.
The first time i tried gold, two have been selected for fatness/warm sound, then confronted and i choosed by ears.
I think, this suite will need more time to be learnt. Usually i began to feel comfortable after, lets say three times with their plugs, but gold eq is very full.

Honey is my go to, pink is here to complete for bit more sophisticated preamps and sound (those are the basical american/ medium focused to me); cream for very coloured/dirty tasks... so i go to gold when vintage character is required; more than honey/pink but cleaner and more balanced than cream. I call gold when i need a special magic and bring back something to life.
Still didnt used Amethyst a lot yet but... its used when i need full parametric eq, brighter counterpart and smoother comp than honey/pink.
Crimson comp is required for bright modern sheen and snappy ssl style on drums.

Titanium bastard to finnish reinforced the low end, always at the end of a chain. Coffee pun same, more rarely but with full color and very brutal style. Cerise for texture circuit, alternative to crimson disto/satu, simpler and more natural.
Coral baxter is the bus/mixbus shelf where modern excitement and sheen is required..

Very often i force myself or find little exercices to go out of my habits, comfort zone, and try one in a new way (or try many if dont where dont go, happens rarely now).. Their plugs are damn amazing... Very much rich sonically but with LOTS of features too. Need time to explore, to master them properly. Thats why i take time to select them, buy and work with. I would be lost and less effective with 40 AA suites. Im already versatile with that, just need to dig the pretty clean side for later... I think clean side will be amber + ivory... I like some others and curious to try some more but i think they will just complete the choice. The thing is, the more you have, the less you'll use them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Acustica Audio

JADE2 is here! Our most versatile mixing suite is further enhanced.
Give a breath of fresh air to your vocals, drums, or the entire mix! JADE2 gives you a warm and smooth sound with plenty of absolute transparency and top-end sheen!
Once you hear the difference in freshness, you'll never want to go without it.

What's new?
• Greater dynamic control and sound color thanks to the enhanced compressors – superb for adding musical presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, and drum overheads
• New preamp module including a faithful emulation of a genuinely unique Class-A design mic-pre amplifier/mixer for a very flexible audio path and sound quality without compromises.

Jade2. Renewed magic.
From the American to the Brit vintage and modern sound, JADE2 maintains the integrity of your mixes' original sound and gives an airy quality to higher frequencies and an undeniable versatility for mixing and mastering.

GET JADE2 at 40% OFF intro price!
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/jade
*This upgrade is free for current Jade owners.
** Intro price from November 2 to November 30, 2021.
Gear Addict

Top end sheen and freshness is perfect to describe it. Jade is probably the most impressive when its about to work on high mid and trebble! For those who prefer smooth and transparent compression, way to go too.
I think its a must for modern vocal, and everything that needs soft rendering and avoid aggressivity. More pop than rock, more rnb than hip hop etc.

Focusrite 90s its not what i would describe "vintage", 90s era is more early modern fashion for me... But just my point of view. I hope we can still wait for crimson2... very heavy cpu usage and very interesting suite that would deserve an update. I think jade and crimson could be a good combo for modern style.
Quote:
Top end sheen and freshness is perfect to describe it. Jade is probably the most impressive when its about to work on high mid and trebble! For those who prefer smooth and transparent compression, way to go too.
I think its a must for modern vocal, and everything that needs soft rendering and avoid aggressivity. More pop than rock, more rnb than hip hop etc.

Focusrite 90s its not what i would describe "vintage", 90s era is more early modern fashion for me... But just my point of view. I hope we can still wait for crimson2... very heavy cpu usage and very interesting suite that would deserve an update. I think jade and crimson could be a good combo for modern style.
I refused to demo it when I saw the GUI and got terrified it would pull me in based on looks rather than sound.
I got the Maag stuff from Plugin Alliance and then 2 days later facepalmed when I found out Jade included the Maag stuff as it adds such shimmering beauty to the high mids and top. Thus I've been waiting for Jade wondering if there would be a flash sale.
I wonder how it will compete with the Avalon of Amber on those frequencies which is also a luscious thing.
Anyone who has experience of both would be able to compare and contrast better than I.
My grandmother will once again be going hungry this week.
@ AcusticaCM question; are any of the units different in v2 from v1? That is, I am wondering whether there is a value in downloading both v1 and v2 for any variation, or whether it purely consists of improvements plus the new preamp?
Gear Addict

Quote:
I refused to demo it when I saw the GUI and got terrified it would pull me in based on looks rather than sound.
I got the Maag stuff from Plugin Alliance and then 2 days later facepalmed when I found out Jade included the Maag stuff as it adds such shimmering beauty to the high mids and top. Thus I've been waiting for Jade wondering if there would be a flash sale.
I wonder how it will compete with the Avalon of Amber on those frequencies which is also a luscious thing.
Anyone who has experience of both would be able to compare and contrast better than I.
My grandmother will once again be going hungry this week.
Still didnt try amber, but i know avalon. Its character is probably very subtil for many, but pretty effective on acoustic. I think jade is more "granular" and suits more to modern music genre, pop, when amber is the perfect choice for classical, acustic guitar, violin where the acustic perfection is needed. Heavy rendering is not the task for avalon, thats why many dont get it; its tools for precision when you want your tools to work in total invisibility.
I wont put jade on the color side usually but could be, compared to amber; definitely less subtil and heavy task really possible, still without aggressivity.

Acustic guitar for amber... Electric for jade
Violin for amber... synth for jade
Opera singer for amber
... pop singer for jade...

Hope the idea is clear...

Ps: cant PA anymore.... Slate and arturia comps are the only survivors to acustica. Audio here... LOL
Acustica Audio

Quote:
@ AcusticaCM question; are any of the units different in v2 from v1? That is, I am wondering whether there is a value in downloading both v1 and v2 for any variation, or whether it purely consists of improvements plus the new preamp?
A new unit has been sampled for Jade2, and besides the new preamp module, the compressor has been improved.
Of course, you can install both versions to see which one you like the most.
Quote:
Still didnt try amber, but i know avalon. Its character is probably very subtil for many, but pretty effective on acoustic. I think jade is more "granular" and suits more to modern music genre, pop, when amber is the perfect choice for classical, acustic guitar, violin where the acustic perfection is needed. Heavy rendering is not the task for avalon, thats why many dont get it; its tools for precision when you want your tools to work in total invisibility.
I wont put jade on the color side usually but could be, compared to amber; definitely less subtil and heavy task really possible, still without aggressivity.

Acustic guitar for amber... Electric for jade
Violin for amber... synth for jade
Opera singer for amber
... pop singer for jade...

Hope the idea is clear...

Ps: cant PA anymore.... Slate and arturia comps are the only survivors to acustica. Audio here... LOL
Yes thats very useful thanks. I've actually only used Amber so far as a precision piece on a project with strings, acoustic guitars and such along with Gold and it's heavenly.
Just slapped Jade 2 on the out bus of a melancholy ambient piece with layered guitars to test and it really brings it to life, brings an air to the ambience. Yes very 90s, maybe the Focusrite comp. Brings out the colour already present in the instrumentation. Perfect. I'll use that song as the Jade one and take time to get to know this.

PA - yes I mainly use PA stuff for the practical tools, monomaker etc and AA for the EQs, preamps and compressors, but I saw the Maag and started to drool.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes thats very useful thanks. I've actually only used Amber so far as a precision piece on a project with strings, acoustic guitars and such along with Gold and it's heavenly.
Just slapped Jade 2 on the out bus of a melancholy ambient piece with layered guitars to test and it really brings it to life, brings an air to the ambience. Yes very 90s, maybe the Focusrite comp. Brings out the colour already present in the instrumentation. Perfect. I'll use that song as the Jade one and take time to get to know this.
Jade comp is the crane song stc-8 normally. I dont know this unit but seems correspond. To me just missing the hara/ki mode switch... For the focusrite red 3, fg-red is the must. Its because of it that i will keep the slate vbc...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
What's new?
• Greater dynamic control and sound color thanks to the enhanced compressors – superb for adding musical presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, and drum overheads

Can we get more info on what this is? Was the compressor reprogrammed?
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvanlee ➡️
What's new?

Can we get more info on what this is? Was the compressor reprogrammed?
Jade 2's compressor follows the improvements that have been made on Acustica's latest compressors.
The overflow problem that could occur when you raise the level of the input signal too much through the "Input Trim" control has been resolved and it is now possible to act on the input trim even with signals close to 0dB. The compression curve has also been extended to allow compression of very low signals.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The compression curve has also been extended to allow compression of very low signals.
Could you PLEASE do that for the stand alone Amethyst comp? Please?
…..and the SA Gold comp

Last edited by GreenNeedle; 4 weeks ago at 03:44 PM..
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
A new unit has been sampled for Jade2, and besides the new preamp module, the compressor has been improved.
Of course, you can install both versions to see which one you like the most.
to clarify what you say about a new unit has been sampled for jade 2 - are you saying that if I select eq A and it's preamp in JADEEQ 1, I am in fact getting a different unit if I select the exact same in JADEEQ 2?
Regarding the Model C EQ in Jade, according to the master list at

https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

it is a hybrid of the Kush and the Lindell 6x500.

I've never used that Lindell but everything I've ever read about it has described is as underwhelming. While the Kush is a lovely thing of course.
But I wonder why that choice was made, to hybrid these two together. Can anyone with experience of that Lindell shed any light as to why it would be a good hybrid partner for the Clariphonic and offer something positive to the relationship?
I would just find it interesting to learn the thoughts of those who know more than I, for they are Legion.

EDIT: Just one more thing if I may <Inspctr. Colombo voice> - the manual for Jade2 states "The original units from which the C emulation are derived are characterized by either positive or negative GAIN excursion (but not both) depending on the band, its frequency and the selected model. To remedy this absence we have introduced and improved our emulated version by creating the corresponding negative or positive missing part for each frequency."
- Could any resident EQ Deity explain to poor confused old me what this means? I did google it but there were shall we say, some diagrams and I wanted to cry.
Gear Head

Unhappy

Quote:
Regarding the Model C EQ in Jade, according to the master list at

https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

it is a hybrid of the Kush and the Lindell 6x500.
I really relied on that list. It hasn't been updated since June. I feel like I'm lost without it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Night ➡️
I really relied on that list. It hasn't been updated since June. I feel like I'm lost without it.
I would like an update too. Thing is, more and more AA are putting out very rare and not well known materials; maybe thats why doom64 has more difficulty to know what is what. (Or maybe just focused on others things now).

You can still search by yourself. For desert its pretty easy for example, a look on material list from the studio and you know what is what. I did search for brown too, i found some info on GS, completed by the manual's info and research on web to correlate about the different eqs.
📝 Reply