The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Windows 10 is rolling out... share your experiences here
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass ➡️
3. As this post reveals, I don't really feel adventurous enough to go to Windows 11 yet, but what's the general consensus when it comes to Audio nowadays?
From what I can tell Win 11 Pro does well for us. I've been using it for months professionally and have had zero issues caused by Windows.

Quote:
I've read there were (performance?) problems with Ryzen (I've got a 3900x), were they solved? Would I see any positive or negative differences?
Honestly I would take 'things you read' about Ryzen and performance problems with a huge grain of salt if the comments are very general. There will probably be specific cases where specific combinations are problematic, but the same is true for Intel.

I've been running a new computer with a 5900X and Win 11 Pro and it's been working great.

If you have any specific questions that I can check for you then ask away and hopefully I can answer.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
With 20H2 support coming to an end, I suppose it's time to update to 21H2 and I've got a few questions for Pete or anyone else who might be able to help.

1. Do I understand correctly that since this is only an enablement package away, it's completely safe to update without things going sour as it is sometimes the case if you don't do a fresh install?

2. Should I expect the same performance/DPC Latency etc.? Because when it comes to DPC Latency, in my experience, I've found out 20H2 substantially worse than 1909.

Thanks!
1, you can expect maybe a couple drivers that might need to be reinstalled and reconfigured, depending on your system devices. Possibly a ilok hiccup.

2. hard to say, but should be fine. I've never seen a case for DPC latency actually effecting any performance on the system. It's more of a working/not working thing in my experience.

cheers
📝 Reply