The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
758. Just grabbed EQ 432. I think my next would be the EQ73
The 432 is surprisingly awesome. Even for a digital eq that may or may not null with something else. (I’m kidding!!). But really, it’s a great eq.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Add another plugin to make the total go over $75 - a lot of people do that.
With regular prices tthe closer to 75 you can get above it is adding 2x tuner, 39.99+19+19= 77.99. With the 50 voucher you would pay 27.99. Yeah, it is 2$ cheaper than the regular option that you have (79.99-50=29.99), but still almost twice the price than what the 25-tier fortunates are paying.
I will defenitely stop buying for a while until I am relocated to a tier in which it will make sense again to spend something. I won´t renew my musician bundle by now, which is due in October. With a bit of luck that could downgrade my tier to 25$ in October, still on time to get the Suhr at the best price and then being able to get the second amp at 29.99.
Otherwise, I will just pass on this one.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki ➡️
It seems my ears are really allergic to BX/Nembrini amp modeling Scrolled down to the Soundcloud examples, and got exactly reminded as to why I'm so NOT into it.
I see, not a must for me either, but totally love their Ampeg sim family...
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Stuck on the thankless $50 tier, added the Suhr for $40 code as well as the SSL 4000 G for $50 code that expires tonight to put the cart back over the $75 minimum so I could use the $50 voucher. Twenty bucks each, not as good a deal as the $25 voucher but I guess that's what I get for spending too much money with them, nobody to blame but myself.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I tried the Sunset Sound plugin. It definitely is capable of creating some nice room sounds. However what the emulation of the booth would be good for is totally beyond me. The booth is used to record something as dry as possible - if you record something in your booth why would you want to put the IR of another booth on top? Additionally you cannot move the sound sources around in the rooms, UAD Ocean Way at least allows to place different instruments in different spots of the room.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
I tried the Sunset Sound plugin. It definitely is capable of creating some nice room sounds. However what the emulation of the booth would be good for is totally beyond me. The booth is used to record something as dry as possible - if you record something in your booth why would you want to put the IR of another booth on top? Additionally you cannot move the sound sources around in the rooms, UAD Ocean Way at least allows to place different instruments in different spots of the room.
I'd say the booth has value if you use vi's - ever think of that? Not everyone works with live instruments.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygoround ➡️
With regular prices tthe closer to 75 you can get above it is adding 2x tuner, 39.99+19+19= 77.99. With the 50 voucher you would pay 27.99. Yeah, it is 2$ cheaper than the regular option that you have (79.99-50=29.99), but still almost twice the price than what the 25-tier fortunates are paying.
I will defenitely stop buying for a while until I am relocated to a tier in which it will make sense again to spend something. I won´t renew my musician bundle by now, which is due in October. With a bit of luck that could downgrade my tier to 25$ in October, still on time to get the Suhr at the best price and then being able to get the second amp at 29.99.
Otherwise, I will just pass on this one.
Why not look to swap your $50 for a $25 to someone who wants to buy LO-FI-AF ?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouroki ➡️
It seems my ears are really allergic to BX/Nembrini amp modeling Scrolled down to the Soundcloud examples, and got exactly reminded as to why I'm so NOT into it.
As I wrote before, the real Suhr amps are brilliant but I just tested this plugin and it sounds awful to me. Just like all other Brainworx amplifiers (I haven't bought any of them). I agree SoundCloud examples sound horrible too. But Nembrini? This is the first amp simulation company for me that comes close to a crunch sound that I couldn't get from any other plugins. IMO Plexi mode on Nembrini Extasy really shines. Of course, I'm not using stock IR's but ML Sound, OwnHammer. Even when using Fractal Audio AXE FXII the key to get a good sound was always a good IR.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankRhodes ➡️
As I wrote before, the real Suhr amps are brilliant but I just tested this plugin and it sounds awful to me. Just like all other Brainworx amplifiers (I haven't bought any of them). I agree SoundCloud examples sound horrible too. But Nembrini? This is the first amp simulation company for me that comes close to a crunch sound that I couldn't get from any other plugins. IMO Plexi mode on Nembrini Extasy really shines. Of course, I'm not using stock IR's but ML Sound, OwnHammer. Even when using Fractal Audio AXE FXII the key to get a good sound was always a good IR.
I’ve tried and used all PA amps and all nembrini amps... and ya know what?... they’re all basically the same amp with slight eq and gain staging differences... ya know why?... because nembrini did the digital modeling for all of them.

They’re all usable and tweakable and do cover some ground, but it’s all one guy behind the sound.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
I’ve tried and used all PA amps and all nembrini amps... and ya know what?... they’re all basically the same amp with slight eq and gain staging differences... ya know why?... because nembrini did the digital modeling for all of them.

They’re all usable and tweakable and do cover some ground, but it’s all one guy behind the sound.
Wow I didn’t know that!
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Are the IK Multimedia ones (AmpliTude) better?
How about NI Guitar Rig?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

No way are the PA amps sims all the same basic amp. Have you REALLY used them all and given them a decent trial? I have and they are drastically different from each other. Maybe one guy did all the modeling but that doesn't mean they all sound the same or even similar. The E646VS sounds totally different than the Friedman BE-100 from the Diezel VH4 from the Diezel Herbert.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjuenke ➡️
How about NI Guitar Rig?
The Amplitube amp are good but it depends on what you're looking for. For me the IK amps cant' do the high gain stuff some of the PA amps can do. And vice versa the PA amps have trouble getting really cleans sounds a lot of the IK amps can - I'm talking about the IK Fender collections.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Wow I didn’t know that!
Don’t get me wrong... these are mostly top notch emulations, but if you compare them to other companies, you will hear more of a difference than comparing them to other nembrini amps.

I’ve been pretty caught up in this whole amp emulation game for a good while now and as there are some great sounding emu’s out there and the tweakability is fun, they really don’t stand up to a good amp and well mic’ed cab... in fact when push comes to shove, it’s not even close... so as I just got a bunch of amplitube stuff and do enjoy it, at this point, I don’t know how much virtual amp stuff I’ll be using in future tunes.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Maybe one guy did all the modeling but that doesn't mean they all sound the same or even similar. The E646VS sounds totally different than the Friedman BE-100 from the Diezel VH4 from the Diezel Herbert.
Truth... but using one IR and accounting for eq, gain staging and saturation... it’s easy to hear the similarities between all of them, as opposed to comparing them to other companies.

... and yes, I have tried all the nembrini stuff for a minimum of 2 weeks and own quite a few as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Yeah exactly - to me it's like one "signature" Nembrini sound on all the amps. I really tried hard to like Rockrack v3 for example due to it being so lightweight and convenient to use, but I just could never bear it for more than a few minutes...
Gear Addict

Quote:
How about NI Guitar Rig?
I really didn’t mean to cause a stir.... all this software is great and highly useful and usable... I think after enough listening and playing around, the similarities just start to come out.... I’ve noticed this with the boat load of saturation plugs I have as well... even the eq plugs... point is, there is a ton of overlap at this point, so much that I’m starting to use the plugs with the best UI.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
How about NI Guitar Rig?
Amplitube is definitely better but I gave up on it - too bloated with old amps and takes ages to load. What I'm using nowadays is the Waves PRS ones... very satisfying to play, and I actually like the stock IRs as they take EQ really really well to fit into a mix.
Gear Nut

Quote:

Well, to my ears PA and Nembrini are completely different. Nembrini BG Extasy was an instant buy for me because it was the first guitar amp plugin that I could very easily achieve quite a rich, crunchy tone. It's still FAR away from valve amps but I think it's a big step ahead.
I recorded a very short clip - Nembrini with custom IR ->Valhalla Shimmer:
Attached Files

nembrini.mp3 (1.84 MB, 106 views)

Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, to my ears PA and Nembrini are completely different. Nembrini BG Extasy was an instant buy for me because it was the first guitar amp plugin that I could very easily achieve quite a rich, crunchy tone. It's still FAR away from valve amps but I think it's a big step ahead.
Niiice chops!

Really, it's all good... as there is no one way or right way to do anything.

Bottom line for me is that I appreciate all the killer options we have nowadays and igor nembrini is a full badass in the world of amp emu's and probably a cool guy to boot.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Doesn't have the girth of a real amp...Nice playing though...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Eddie van Halen sometimes recorded his cab in the vocal booth
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I found that this vocal booth also could be quite useful on synths, I briefly tried it on some 303 type acid line from the Avalon Bassline. I also tried other reverbs from the Sunset Sound plugins and it sounded quite good. However it really sounds like a static convolution reverb. Comparing it to some very short setting from my beloved Capitol Chambers plugin I liked the Capitol Chambers way more. I will compare it on other sources as well.

I also tried to match the Comprexxor with the UAD Distressor I already had on a techno/ house kickdrum. I couldn't get them to match 100%, although the difference was not extreme either. I think I like the UAD Distressor more, it was giving more oomph while the IK sounded cleaner. The extra features on the IK are nice, though.

I also tried to compare the Neve 81 EQ. The layout on the IK Multimedia is much better than on the UAD which tries to look like the OG. They sound quite a bit different. The IK seems to sound softer, maybe I like it a bit more.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
If someone wants to swap their $50 voucher for a $25 voucher PM me. I don‘t care right now if I have a $25 or $50 voucher this month. Might end up donating my voucher anyway.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
And the nominations for Desert Island EQ's are................
I would be torn between sonible smart:EQ3 and Sonnox Dynamic EQ.

sonbile is amazing!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If someone wants to swap their $50 voucher for a $25 voucher PM me. I don‘t care right now if I have a $25 or $50 voucher this month. Might end up donating my voucher anyway.
PM sent
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

I tried to buy the discounted SVX 2 for $49 at Guitar Center which somebody posted above, but it failed.

After registering and placing my order, I had been waiting for two days without any answer from the store, and then I looked at it today finally and saw that the status of my order was changed from "Pending" to "Cancelled" in the meantime (still with no answering nor asking about why or what happened).

Are they US only? I'm from Europe, but the site was forcing to enter a US-only street address and phone number (which I obviously don't have, so I had to give a false address - but it shouldn't be needed for an online delivery either, of course).

And what the good news is that, while waiting, I also looked into my old notes and files and found an unregistered SVX 1 serial number somehow, which I activated instead, and it worked! Thus I have the same result for free (and even gained an upgrade option to the SVX 2 for $49 in my IK account, that I don't need).

The whole thing is also funny because I already had both the SVX 1 & 2 as freebies since two years ago I picked them up in a former Group Buy (still the IK store showed them as if I didn't have them yet, for some unknown reason).

It's just for yet another tier in the recent Group Buy that I can use now for collecting the lesser SampleTank libraries, too (of which there are a plenty).
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosettif ➡️
I tried to buy the discounted SVX 2 for $49 at Guitar Center which somebody posted above, but it failed.

After registering and placing my order, I had been waiting for two days without any answer from the store, and then I looked at it today finally and saw that the status of my order was changed from "Pending" to "Cancelled" in the meantime (still with no answering nor asking about why or what happened).

Are they US only? I'm from Europe, but the site was forcing to enter a US-only street address and phone number (which I obviously don't have, so I had to give a false address - but it shouldn't be needed for an online delivery either, of course).

And what the good news is that, while waiting, I also looked into my old notes and files and found an unregistered SVX 1 serial number somehow, which I activated instead, and it worked! Thus I have the same result for free (and even gained an upgrade option to the SVX 2 for $49 in my IK account, that I don't need).

The whole thing is also funny because I already had both the SVX 1 & 2 as freebies since two years ago I picked them up in a former Group Buy (still the IK store showed them as if I didn't have them yet, for some unknown reason).

It's just for yet another tier in the recent Group Buy that I can use now for collecting the lesser SampleTank libraries, too (of which there are a plenty).
That‘s interesting as I was planning to go the same route - after convincing myself not to buy the Sunset Sound
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
it depends. a booth needs acoustic treatment as crucial as in a mastering studio (given the vocal is dominant like in a slow ballad).
so, not everyone has that, and if one can manage to record really dry, some oomph will be missing eg. in the loud, or also low-pitched parts.
thus, it is a useful idea, also to enhance some other instruments.
I am sometime using the quirky free "coffin" impulse. it has that certain "reality" but needs some EQ and stereo treatment (bass monomaker etc.).
for some songs, the EMT250 room settings have a lot of value, PA had featured one recently with their external sales. you hear it when you mute it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'd say the booth has value if you use vi's - ever think of that? Not everyone works with live instruments.
I think they added the booth to just add all the rooms. If you want to spice up VI's to feel more like a live recording, why would you pick a booth while in most cases, live instruments would be recorded in a live room, and not an isolation booth.

Maybe it helps if you need a really, really small room to add just a tad more distance between the mic and the source.
📝 Reply