The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop ➡️
Decided MMultiAnalyzer could be a good learning tool so I picked that up from Pluginboutique along with the free Levels.

The Melda installer is a cluttered mess that tries to get you to install some excess stuff (I think the free plugins were auto-selected) but I knew that in advance.

The MTM installer is worse. Every plugin is auto-selected and I had to individually deselect (Melda has a "select none" option.) There are no offline installers - it downloads during the install. The worst part? Mid way through the installer it asks you to sign up to their mailing list. Yes, you can skip this but are you f***ing kidding me? I get enough of this obnoxious stuff on web pages that wait until you're 30 seconds into reading something to pop up a mailing list request. It's tacky and makes you look bad.

They're installed now, so ...

MMultiAnalyzer has one unpleasant bug I've found (at least in Ableton Live) - open the settings and move the mouse down to the settings window. As it moves over the plugin window toward the settings it starts to almost stick, moving slow and jerky, until you hit the settings window. To avoid this I move the mouse away from the plugin window and around to the settings window.

I'll get into using them this weekend.
MTM does now have an offline installer within their site, as that is what I use for one of my computers. I think they may have recently added this....

It is quite a simple process to de-select the smallish range of plugs that they have, not really a problem if you are used to installing demos etc.

Melda is pretty easy to use and will install what you had before if you are updating and then you can add or subtract what ever plugs you want. It can check and delete the old ones as well.... Use it all the time as Melda is always updating their plugs or adding free ones to their bundles.

Enjoy your 2 plugs, am glad you found out about the deal !
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
Extended! ⚡️ 3 x $50 voucher + 1 x $25 voucher for your $75 voucher
OFFER EXTENDED UNTIL APR 10
Give a man his props for advertising come on, anybody with 75$ voucher - I need one too, but this guy just deserves it. Its a good deal also!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPere ➡️
Give a man his props for advertising come on, anybody with 75$ voucher - I need one too, but this guy just deserves it. Its a good deal also!
I'd say, if you really want the J, just suck it up and use your current $50 voucher on it and be done with it...

It's not so important to get something at the absolute possible lowest price, and waiting on it for ages hoping a chance comes up etc, especially when we're only talking about differences of $30 or so - just grab the damn thing at $50, it's a good deal.

No one was going to be giving me a $75 voucher at the beginning of the month (worst time to blag a voucher), and rather than saving $30 or so and hoping for another opportunity to snag it cheap in 6 months' time, I just thought I'd do what I can, got it for $65+vat, and it's done. (I bought my $50 voucher for $15...)

I *might* have been able to get it for $50+vat in 6 months time *if* the timing/vouchers/sale worked out, but for the extra $15 I've got an extra 6 months of use, and it's done.

If you're not so fussed about getting it, then by all means, forget it and just take advantage of a good opportunity should it arise over the next year or so. But if you want it, and can be using it now, the $25 difference doesn't seem to great a hurdle, imo...
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Therefore vouchers can save you even more as opposed to paying cash (that is if you avoided paying Tax/VAT in obtaining said voucher in the first place...)

So people selling their vouchers - don't be lulled in to letting them go for peanuts ;-)
Valid point in relation to the Vat/tax. However I am not sure what the success rate of these re-sales are or would be.

Here is one that is up for £140 now and was £150 which has recently missed the April sale that it would have been most beneficial for. Obviously unsold within that period.

$250 = £185 Even with the VAT not being added I certainly wouldn’t be paying what this seller is asking.

Things like this have to be delicately priced to find an appropriate buyer.

Greed doesn’t work in the market and it should have been £99 to of had a chance. Looks like time is running out for this one....
EBay Uk

Save hundreds at Plugin Alliance's MEGA Sale! Get $250 worth of plugins at the biggest discount of the year for £150. (This listing is in GBP)

Plugin Alliance has Mega Sales every quarter. The current sale ends April 6.

Use this $249.99 voucher in one order

Cannot be used on subscription fees

Expires July 29, 2021

Please note that this voucher cannot be combined or used with other vouchers.

No shipping required. I will send single-use code as soon as I am notified of payment.

Happy shopping. Plugin Alliance has some incredible music production software.

No returns or refunds for obvious reasons.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
I'd say, if you really want the J, just suck it up and use your current $50 voucher on it and be done with it...

It's not so important to get something at the absolute possible lowest price, and waiting on it for ages hoping a chance comes up etc, especially when we're only talking about differences of $30 or so - just grab the damn thing at $50, it's a good deal.

No one was going to be giving me a $75 voucher at the beginning of the month (worst time to blag a voucher), and rather than saving $30 or so and hoping for another opportunity to snag it cheap in 6 months' time, I just thought I'd do what I can, got it for $65+vat, and it's done. (I bought my $50 voucher for $15...)

I *might* have been able to get it for $50+vat in 6 months time *if* the timing/vouchers/sale worked out, but for the extra $15 I've got an extra 6 months of use, and it's done.

If you're not so fussed about getting it, then by all means, forget it and just take advantage of a good opportunity should it arise over the next year or so. But if you want it, and can be using it now, the $25 difference doesn't seem to great a hurdle, imo...
It doesn’t matter to him as is on a sub and it is all about percentage sub charges.
He replied a few posts back as I was concerned and confused as to why he didn’t just suck up the $25 just like you....
Quite an interesting perception/approach...
Gear Nut

Quote:

Well, one thing I'd like to notice also is let's not take this whole thing like any plugin is a game changer. We're just buying new toys (90% of us has an army of plugs to make a grammy record).

Ps. I was just giving support to the guy who's going for the 75$ voucher. Would love one too to get big Al too, but I really don't care about it that much. Spent too much last months entering that plugin world and I'm pretty happy with what I got. Spend more time training my ears now and learning to use what I got.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
I already have the J with the mega bundle... I want to have fun commenting in this thread and I think I don‘t need a lot of vouchers in the upcoming months anyway...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I already have the J with the mega bundle... I want to have fun commenting in this thread and I think I don‘t need a lot of vouchers in the upcoming months anyway...
Maybe someone who *doesn't* already have it and really wants it might be a more worthy donor for a $75 voucher for a gracious benefactor, then..?

You're not making me sympathise with your plight very much...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
However I am not sure what the success rate of these re-sales are or would be.

Here is one that is up for £140 now and was £150 which has recently missed the April sale that it would have been most beneficial for. Obviously unsold within that period.
Like I said, you'll get what you can get and use that to offset the subs cost. I don't know how succesfull that would be, but I've certainly previously considered buying a larger voucher from someone.

Where it falls down though - I spend $150 on a $200 voucher from someone else. But in that case, I might as well just subs myself for that $150, get my *own* $200 voucher, and still use all the other stuff for the year anyway.

So really $100 or less is probably a more viable price for a $200 voucher. But as said above, you have a year for a buyer to find you, it's a good enough deal if someone wants to double their money on PA plugins during a megasale, and whatever you get brings the yearly subs costs to one-coffee-a-month levels...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Like I said, you'll get what you can get and use that to offset the subs cost. I don't know how succesfull that would be, but I've certainly previously considered buying a larger voucher from someone.

Where it falls down though - I spend $150 on a $200 voucher from someone else. But in that case, I might as well just subs myself for that $150, get my *own* $200 voucher, and still use all the other stuff for the year anyway.

So really $100 or less is probably a more viable price for a $200 voucher. But as said above, you have a year for a buyer to find you, it's a good enough deal if someone wants to double their money on PA plugins during a megasale, and whatever you get brings the yearly subs costs to one-coffee-a-month levels...
I've also thought about buying vouchers before. The most I would pay for a $250 voucher is $75 - $100 and the most I would pay for a $200 voucher is $50 - $75. Otherwise, as you just said, I will just sub myself and try to sell my voucher to offset my own subscription. I also know that there is a good chance that the subscriber only paid $200 for that $250 voucher, so I want to try to get it for around 40% of the purchase price.

Mind you, I don't need/want any current PA plugins so I am sure that has an effect on the value (or lack thereof) that I place on the big vouchers. I might like to have the SSL-J, the Lindell 50 and Big Al, but I mix just fine without them and I probably wouldn't use them if I bought them anyway.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

that’s what I was thinking on the fall down....

Needs to be half price or so realistically yes, I would have thought.
Here for the gear

On the latest posts on FB page Plugin Alliance commented: "We realise that loyalty vouchers aren't always convenient, and we're thinking about some new ideas (...)"
Gear Addict

Quote:
MTM does now have an offline installer within their site, as that is what I use for one of my computers. I think they may have recently added this....

It is quite a simple process to de-select the smallish range of plugs that they have, not really a problem if you are used to installing demos etc.

Melda is pretty easy to use and will install what you had before if you are updating and then you can add or subtract what ever plugs you want. It can check and delete the old ones as well.... Use it all the time as Melda is always updating their plugs or adding free ones to their bundles.

Enjoy your 2 plugs, am glad you found out about the deal !
I found the offline installer. It was hidden in the FAQ section. Thanks for the tip.

I know, we need internet to activate anyway. That's a different matter. More companies should use the approach Tokyo Dawn and Melda take, using license files (though I am not sure Melda activation actually works offline, considering the dire warnings about not sharing your license file.)

Re: pre-selection of all plugins in the installer - I prefer the Plugin Alliance approach of not having anything selected in the installer and you choose what you want.

I'm sure I'll forget all about this once I start using Levels more. Put it on a track I've been working on this week and like it so far. Compared it to my Hornet loudness meter. Levels measures LUFS and peak slightly differently but not too far off. I really like the stereo meter and the dynamic range meter. The latter was one I was most interested in. I know my mixes are usually quite dynamic but being able to see just how dynamic they are is nice. I have on occasion overcompressed and this will help when my ears are tired and I'm more inclined to push the compression, or chase a specific LUFS value to the detriment of dynamic range.

Thanks to the manual I'm also understanding why some of my music has high dynamic range (e.g., current track measuring for the most part between 12 and 13) but low loudness range (much of the track is around 4, and the peak of the track hits 1 before it's over - yet that peak has dynamic range still around 11 to 12.) I often write music that has a fairly consistent energy throughout, which means there's not going to be a lot of range between the quietest and loudest parts, even though every part is quite dynamic.

I should run some of my favourite music through Levels and see how it looks.

The tweakability of the thresholds to determine colours and warnings is great.

Melda: I liked that the installer recognised I had old versions of some free plugins (and maybe demos) and removed them for me. Makes it easy to keep things clean.
Gear Nut

Quote:
I think a few people here with $75 vouchers are waiting to see what the pricing is gonna be like for the true peak limiter.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, one thing I'd like to notice also is let's not take this whole thing like any plugin is a game changer. We're just buying new toys (90% of us has an army of plugs to make a grammy record).
The term "game changer" is one of my two least favourite phrases of the last few years. Game changers are truly rare. A new console/saturator/compressor/eq/etc that doesn't do something totally out of the box off the wall different, or present a quantum leap in quality, is not a game changer.

Most people who use the term are far too easily impressed.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
I think a few people here with $75 vouchers are waiting to see what the pricing is gonna be like for the true peak limiter.
Has anyone had a peak at the true peak ?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop ➡️
The term "game changer" is one of my two least favourite phrases of the last few years. Game changers are truly rare. A new console/saturator/compressor/eq/etc that doesn't do something totally out of the box off the wall different, or present a quantum leap in quality, is not a game changer.

Most people who use the term are far too easily impressed.
Totally agree. One thing that woke me up and hołd me against that whole plugin race is the fact that before plugins start to matter there is really alot to be learn and to be done to make the music sound better. And its only up to our ears and brains @ edIT
And what everybody forget - to our tastes. Since this is what we're actually selling
Gear Nut

Quote:
Has anyone had a peak at the true peak ?
It's all that's talked about these days in the PA facebook group. Can't visit that thing without dirk talking about it.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
You're not making me sympathise with your plight very much...
Who needs friends anyway. They just disturb when busy making a track. Or are bringing Corona.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankRhodes ➡️
On the latest posts on FB page Plugin Alliance commented: "We realise that loyalty vouchers aren't always convenient, and we're thinking about some new ideas (...)"
How are loyalty vouchers not convenient. Not convenient for them, maybe? Just like it was not convenient before, when the vouchers didn't have a minimum spend?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
How are loyalty vouchers not convenient. Not convenient for them, maybe? Just like it was not convenient before, when the vouchers didn't have a minimum spend?
For example, when you have a $50 or $75 dollar loyalty voucher, but all the offers coming into your inbox are for $39.99, $49.99, or $69.99 plugins, and so you can't use your voucher on those at all, whereas people with $25 vouchers can...

So you get rewarded with your increased loyalty rate by having less offers you can take advantage of...
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
For example, when you have a $50 or $75 dollar loyalty voucher, but all the offers coming into your inbox are for $39.99, $49.99, or $69.99 plugins, and so you can't use your voucher on those at all, whereas people with $25 vouchers can...

So you get rewarded with your increased loyalty rate by having less offers you can take advantage of...
That doesn't mean loyalty vouchers are not convenient. It means that the minimum spend requirement is not convenient.
Lives for gear

Quote:
That doesn't mean loyalty vouchers are not convenient. It means that the minimum spend requirement is not convenient.
"Not convenient for some customers" is corporate talk for "must be even better ways to make more money from the customer whilst pretending that's also what they want and make them think it's also better for them" lol.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Valid point in relation to the Vat/tax. However I am not sure what the success rate of these re-sales are or would be.
Sounds to me you are on the look-out for someone's $250 voucher on the cheap

You aren't having mine for cheap as I all ready have my shortlist nearly sorted for what I am going to get with it.

What I will get with my voucher would cost me $300 cash without it.

Let the bidding war for others willing to sell commence. Do it here - I am sure everyone will be interested in how more poker games play out
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Totally agree. One thing that woke me up and hołd me against that whole plugin race is the fact that before plugins start to matter there is really alot to be learn and to be done to make the music sound better. And its only up to our ears and brains @ edIT
And what everybody forget - to our tastes. Since this is what we're actually selling
Agreed there. It’s so easy to get caught up in plug-in races. I just cleaned out my components folder to only include things I actually use. There have been some game changers, but another channel strip or another limited won’t be it. Izotope rx was a game changer, in that it did things that other plugins can’t or made things accessible to people that maybe were previously unobtainable.

For me, console 1 was a “game changer” because of workflow and ergonomics, but sound wise it’s comparable to using other channel strips.

The other “game changer” for me was getting little labs ibp and melda mautoalign, not because I couldn’t don those things before with a sample delay and an all pass filter, but because they’re easy to use and made me finally understand the implications of phase. So they weren’t a new idea inane of themselves but were a nice packaging of several tools into a simple set of controls.

I did pick up the schoeps upmix in the mega sale and that has proven to be useful as I learn to use it.

I have to say there’s really nothing I couldn’t do with the plugins or equipment I own, the only limiting factor is learning why to do certain things and then developing the taste to use techniques wisely. That’s slowly coming the more I work.
Lives for gear

I would definitely add Melodyne Studio to the list and Vocalign/ReVoice.

Also for me Komplete Kontrol for my NI Keyboard and searching quickly for plugins and/or effects with NKS capabilities is really great.

Also RME's TotalMix Fx for routing capabilities is awesome.

There will be more but that's just quickly off the top of my head. But most of us could make do with our DAW's stock plugins. So many Pros always say this as well and it is very true. Let's face facts - most of us treat new plugins like gamers treat new games and we want to "play" with them.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
I would definitely add Melodyne Studio to the list and Vocalign/ReVoice.

Also for me Komplete Kontrol for my NI Keyboard and searching quickly for plugins and/or effects is really great.

Also RME's TotalMix Fx for routing capabilities is awesome.

There will be more but that's just quicklyoff the top of my head. But most of us could make do with our DAWs stock plugins. So many Pros always say this as well and it is very true. Let's face facts - most of us treat new plugins like gamers treat new game and we want to "play" with them.
I agree with all of that. Nothing wrong with enjoying or getting new plugins, but need and game changers are very different. I was just watching a logic video earlier on YouTube and realizing that it has so many powerful tools that come with it that I don’t take advantage of.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
"We realise that loyalty vouchers aren't always convenient..."

Just an example of what they might have meant, seeing as from what you said you couldn't think of an example where this might be the case. I don't know what they are *thinking*, so ymmv, it's just an example of situations where the current vouchers couldn't be considered "not convenient"...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Oh by the way - Neural DSP are having a 50% off sale.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
"We realise that loyalty vouchers aren't always convenient..."

Just an example of what they might have meant, seeing as from what you said you couldn't think of an example where this might be the case. I don't know what they are *thinking*, so ymmv, it's just an example of situations where the current vouchers couldn't be considered "not convenient"...
It says „loyalty vouchers“ (in general), not „the current vouchers“
📝 Reply