Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
I have both ICE9 and SigMod and prefer ICE9 as you don't have to manually go in to it to reset it if it cuts out.

I just use it to protect my ears when using headphones. Had some plugins which have caused severe sudden volume spikes in the past and this solves that danger. Protect your ears people. It's certainly very good as a utility for that.
i find the same so use ice9 although i have sigmod
saved shocking my ears on several occasions
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphca ➡️
Thanks for the info, I was able to fish the Audioplugin email from the bin in the nick of time for that extra 10% off. This plug looks super cool
great stuff, i am very pleased to have made use of that 10% coupon as it seems fairly rare i want anything from them….nice tidy looking plug that i am optimistic will be used frequently.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septic ➡️
So I was checking the eventide site if there where updates and behold, there are! :P
Finally some bigger GUI sizes for my Clockworks and H9 bundles yihaaa.

Now those are even better
Thanks for the notice.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
a good sim... pretty much all his amp sims are good, and the ones i reach for first when i go that route... bought the psa1000 on BF and not really into it, can't seem to get it to do anything that sounds good... but his amp sims rock.
Yes, I have and like several of the Nembrini amp sims that I agree sound very good.

Thanks for the info on the PSA1000. Many discuss that they like it. Already having several other preamps / saturation plugins that I use and like, though, I passed on it so far since it didn’t bring anything new to my tool kit that I needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Instead of this PA deal I think I'll go for the Nembrini Bass Driver that's an emulation of the SansAmp Bass Driver DI. Demoing it now and I'd get more use out of it as I don't have any DI emulations.
Jack, I recalled you were considering the Bass Driver MB OD when I saw Nembrini’s sale this week (see post a few back). How do you like it (if you got it)? And do you have / like Sound Master also? Being somewhat of a Fender amp sim connoisseur, do you have any luv for their Tone Master CS?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have both ICE9 and SigMod and prefer ICE9 as you don't have to manually go in to it to reset it if it cuts out.
You can configure SigMod to auto release after 1, 2, 3, 5 seconds... even a popup warning. Also The limit (of course).

I wasn't considering it becase the daw has a protection integrated... but this tool is better because the limit config and the auto release.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
Not sure if you ended up getting it already. I spent the last few hours with it and had a lot of fun. In fact I like it so much I bought their Hand Clapper Studio plugin from PB after shutting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username TBD ➡️
I bought hand clapper studio as a fast way to dial in some clapping sounds. Then when I the cpu meter I saw it was using 7% of my cpu just for some claps.
Never used HandClapper Studio, but can recommend Claps, Stomps and Snaps bundle from Boz Digital. I think I paid $30 for it and really useful
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchtrip ➡️
The Sigmod speaker protection feature is actually good to have (I use the very old Ice9 Cerberus as my last plugin to protect the system - which happily still work on M1/Monterey).

So def worth $13 for all
Paying only $13 (as you show in your attachment) does seem to be a good deal. May have to do the survey and get that.
Quote:

I just use it to protect my ears when using headphones. Had some plugins which have caused severe sudden volume spikes in the past and this solves that danger. Protect your ears people. It's certainly very good as a utility for that.
I considered Sigmod previously but didn’t get it to date. Does seem a good chance to pick it up for a low price, and as juanjava says, the plugin writeup does mention “manual or auto reset options” under the heading “Protect speakers, ears & sanity”.

On the other hand, it is nice that ICE9 is still available as a free alternative.
GS thread with links for Cerberus ICE9 Automute:
Does anyone still have a copy of Cerberus Ice9 lying around?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
You can configure SigMod to auto release after 1, 2, 3, 5 seconds... even a popup warning. Also The limit (of course).

I wasn't considering it becase the daw has a protection integrated... but this tool is better because the limit config and the auto release.
Thanks for the info! This prompted me to look closer at Sigmod again as I have been looking at something for headphone protection, not to mention its routing and other features. And Nugen plugins are known for quality.

NuGen Sigmod: https://nugenaudio.com/sigmod/
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks - good to know
Gear Addict

Quote:

Exactly
Gear Addict

Quote:

Thanks for the info
Lives for gear

Quote:

yessss!

"A system popup window is triggered. This can be useful if the plug-in is installed as a matter of routine protection and its operation is forgotten. The pop up saves hunting around for the reason behind the sudden signal drop-out."

this was my main gripe with ice9... i'd always forget about it and when it got triggered, i'd be scratching my head.

thanks for pointing this out!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
a good sim... pretty much all his amp sims are good, and the ones i reach for first when i go that route... bought the psa1000 on BF and not really into it, can't seem to get it to do anything that sounds good... but his amp sims rock.
Unless the rude, raspy audio destruction is the sound you need, PSA1000 might generally be too heavy handed. Where it shines is in parallel, and I don't like the mix dial on it, I'll use reapers built in mix control or a separate send I can blend with a fader. Small, small amounts really add a nice bite. I'll use it on guitar bus like 1% wet or vocals when I need just some extra attitude. It also can really make some gnarly bass tones and I imagine it'd work well on drums too. The "secret sauce" is not just the very harsh distortion, it's also the way the phase cancelations work in parallel, which was part of the "magic" the original unit had, and it's like 2 flavors with the polarity flip to see what sounds better in a particular context.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatonejonguy ➡️
Unless the rude, raspy audio destruction is the sound you need, PSA1000 might generally be too heavy handed. Where it shines is in parallel, and I don't like the mix dial on it, I'll use reapers built in mix control or a separate send I can blend with a fader. Small, small amounts really add a nice bite. I'll use it on guitar bus like 1% wet or vocals when I need just some extra attitude. It also can really make some gnarly bass tones and I imagine it'd work well on drums too. The "secret sauce" is not just the very harsh distortion, it's also the way the phase cancelations work in parallel, which was part of the "magic" the original unit had, and it's like 2 flavors with the polarity flip to see what sounds better in a particular context.
Niice, that's what i needed to hear... little bits in parallel... i'll give it a shot, thanks!
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
As Lazoo said: thank you, gotta try this. Didn't particularly gel with it so far. Then again, I'm not doing much guitars - will try on bass, though!
Lives for gear

Quote:
youp... parallel is the magic word for it. I use it on kicks (when not in rock music) when I want that low "punch to the heart" kind of sound. Have to try it on bass now,,,
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
youp... parallel is the magic word for it. I use it on kicks (when not in rock music) when I want that low "punch to the heart" kind of sound. Have to try it on bass now,,,
Good call on the kicks, I bet that'll be nice. I'll have to check that out!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good call on the kicks, I bet that'll be nice. I'll have to check that out!
"andy capellato deep kick" preset on the psa1000jr is a good start point
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Yes, I have and like several of the Nembrini amp sims that I agree sound very good.

Thanks for the info on the PSA1000. Many discuss that they like it. Already having several other preamps / saturation plugins that I use and like, though, I passed on it so far since it didn’t bring anything new to my tool kit that I needed.
Jack, I recalled you were considering the Bass Driver MB OD when I saw Nembrini’s sale this week (see post a few back). How do you like it (if you got it)? And do you have / like Sound Master also? Being somewhat of a Fender amp sim connoisseur, do you have any luv for their Tone Master CS?
I love and have several of the Nembrini amp sims and really wanted to like the Bass Driver but alas is not to be. While I was able to get some deep bass sounds I liked unfortunately there were clicks in the upper frequencies. Also the overall output level took a jump I wasn't expecting. I ran it against FabFilter Saturn 2 and it was no contest. Cleaner sound with no high freq clicks and the overall output level didn't go crazy. What I think helped was making use of the built-in per band compressor in Saturn - something the Bass Driver would do well to have.

Ah the Tonemaster - for me not the easiest to get a sound I like. Not that it can't get there it just takes some tweaking and NOT using the built-in ir's. The setup I really like with it is using either the Vintage 30 or T75 4x12 cab ir's from Redwirez. The TM is not your average Fender amp from days of yore. Clean sounds are not it's forte. And forget active pickups with it - get's fizzy in a hurry. A comparison that comes to mind - the Tonemaster is to other Fender amps like Lemmy's Murder One is to other Marshall amps.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
I did the Nugen Voucher thing too.
When was there a survey with reward?

edit: nvm ... should have checked their website straight away..
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks - good to know
must have updated it, however i am always concerned with the bugs that seem to be too often consistent in their products in my experience.
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Niice, that's what i needed to hear... little bits in parallel... i'll give it a shot, thanks!
that’s how Guvadude uses it as he posted some weeks ago…..
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Has anyone been able to install Plugin Alliance licenses on a USB flash drive with Ventura?
Old 1 week ago
DEA
Lives for gear

Tracktion F-em

82% off “F.’em FM Synthesizer” by Tracktion at vstbuzz:
€29 minus an extra 10% OFF using this code: VST10OFF
Here for the gear

Quote:
The PSA is an emulation of the SansAmp in protools, which isn't really a sansamp at all. It's a multiband distortion, and a really nice one, but it's not going to give you the kind of sansamp sound you might be trying to achieve.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozebuttonben ➡️
The PSA is an emulation of the SansAmp in protools, which isn't really a sansamp at all. It's a multiband distortion, and a really nice one, but it's not going to give you the kind of sansamp sound you might be trying to achieve.
The Nembrini PSA1000 (and the PT version) are emulations of the Tech21 PSA-1 rack mount Sansamp. The Nembrini sounds great. The ProTools one, not so much.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
The Nembrini PSA1000 (and the PT version) are emulations of the Tech21 PSA-1 rack mount Sansamp. The Nembrini sounds great. The ProTools one, not so much.

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Tchad is the Man. I think he's using the Nembrini version now, not that it really matters, when it comes to distortion. How he uses it is way more important.

But if you're not using ProTools, then the Nembrini PSA1000 Jr is a very good option.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA ➡️
82% off “F.’em FM Synthesizer” by Tracktion at vstbuzz:
€29 minus an extra 10% OFF using this code: VST10OFF
Best FM in the box.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username TBD ➡️
I bought hand clapper studio as a fast way to dial in some clapping sounds. Then when I the cpu meter I saw it was using 7% of my cpu just for some claps.
Got a chance to dig into Hand Clap Studio today while working on a track. It didn’t seem to have much of an effect on my cpu at first. After increasing the number of claps and tweaking about it could get pretty cpu hungry, but nothing so bad that would prevent me from using it. Especially because it’s good at what it does with lots of velocity layers and round robins. I dig it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
I love and have several of the Nembrini amp sims and really wanted to like the Bass Driver but alas is not to be. While I was able to get some deep bass sounds I liked unfortunately there were clicks in the upper frequencies. Also the overall output level took a jump I wasn't expecting. I ran it against FabFilter Saturn 2 and it was no contest. Cleaner sound with no high freq clicks and the overall output level didn't go crazy. What I think helped was making use of the built-in per band compressor in Saturn - something the Bass Driver would do well to have.

Ah the Tonemaster - for me not the easiest to get a sound I like. Not that it can't get there it just takes some tweaking and NOT using the built-in ir's. The setup I really like with it is using either the Vintage 30 or T75 4x12 cab ir's from Redwirez. The TM is not your average Fender amp from days of yore. Clean sounds are not it's forte. And forget active pickups with it - get's fizzy in a hurry. A comparison that comes to mind - the Tonemaster is to other Fender amps like Lemmy's Murder One is to other Marshall amps.
Thanks for the info! Nice comparison, also! Know what you mean!
📝 Reply