The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 7th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Thanks for info

C Vox sounds useful for removing any trace of room and using the Re-Mic mode in ocean way.

How does it behave with acoustic guitar?
I didn’t try it with acoustic guitar yet.

This probably goes without saying, however….while it works nice if needed when mixing, it can be very useful in Console when recording tracks with mics. May take a bit of practice, however the results can be very good, especially if one’s studio has some unwanted and/or unexpected background noise. Thus, saving time later to not have to fix what went wrong.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokeez ➡️
I love how we are led to believe by companies that they are practically giving us money when they give us ‘loyalty’ discounts for their products when in fact we are just giving them ever more money.

We are not ‘saving’ if we are spending… ;-)

None of us are ever really ‘saving’ when we pick up bargain. No matter how ninja those bargains may be — if you are giving a company money, you’re not saving. True story =)

If you want to actually save money, put it in a savings account. And leave it there.

I’ll get my coat.
Something is bubbling over at UAD...its clear on the forum over there...These deals are the cheapest deals ever for UAD...U11 Deal included.

I have just watched a Video with Marc Daniel Nelson adding depth to Guitar Tracks..

Clearly the Video is sponsored by waves...But looking at his plugin chains the majority of the plugins are UAD.

He compares the Waves Helios 69 with the UAD Helios 69 very stealthily and the difference in depth is stark.

If UAD change their pricing structure they could seriously damage current offerings from the likes of Waves...

UAD are on the move and I'm glad to part of it...
Lives for gear

Quote:
I questioned UAD about the Neve 1081 or Neve 31102/SE not being included in U11.

They said that was by design.

Any Ultimate collection is a snap shot in time for that particular collection.

TBH the stuff they added to U11 was more interesting than the 2 Neve EQ that I can pick up for £37 anyway.
Absolutely! Didn’t mean to imply otherwise, especially in your case. You have loads of terrific plugins to wade through! What about the CS-1? Did you find it yet? Curious what it is.

Quote:
Just bought

AMS DMX 15-80S Stereo Digital Delay for UAD-2
AMS RMX16 Expanded Plug-In For UAD-2

for £17.50 each...

Cool beans, bud!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Oh, no they're no-ot!
Yoda says,

Strong my influence is.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
What about the CS-1? Did you find it yet? Curious what it is.
https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/art...tion-Explained

Yes I have it..
Quote:
Yoda says,

Strong my influence is.

Ah young padawan, not as strong as the power of sheer delusionism
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Something is bubbling over at UAD...its clear on the forum over there...These deals are the cheapest deals ever for UAD...
Maybe about to open UADx outside of Spark?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Osterday ➡️
Maybe about to open UADx outside of Spark?
All plugins native, all plugins $29.99....................
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Whoa, something is really wrong here. Just started going through the pads on the Factory list and the first one was unusable. It appears to be using 12 voices which is pretty insane. Couldn't load any more after that. so emptied the track and then re-used Poly Keyboard III and the first pad and subsequent ones loaded and played OK.................

I'm using it in Maschine and sometimes when it shows max CPU usage, I'm not sure that there isn't a memory issue too. Why the CPU usage doesn't abate when I'm not actually playing the keyboard is strange. Why when I reloaded Poly KB, it then played OK is also a bit of a puzzle.
That is indeed strange. I don't think it's a memory leak but it's unstable enough to put me off of buying the synth (even as nice as it sounds). I'm just using the factory pads as well here.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➡️
Yeah. Wavesfactory TrackSpacer works magic for adding space.
yes it's great and fast.

if one needs more control (Q, timing..), and shape some color, and do it in selective ways, then LISA or TDR Nova might be a better solution.
I made a couple of rack presets with Nova, where I just need to wire two cables per sidechain input, means I have up to 5 tracks or solo instruments that can push against a wide-spectrum stem bus, and each has an input gain fader and a meter. Nova itself shows the sum of impact.
This way I can hide the existence of that kind of ducking very well. I can exclude parts of the bus sound that must stand firmly and not pump.
What I mean is I can hear Trackspacer pushing down stuff a bit more, or less transparent, than with the fine-tuned Nova chain.
Old 7th December 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Meanwhile, in the Gearslutz Plugin Alliance thread …

… what’s up with these UAD thingies everyone’s on about?
Quote:
I won't touch UAD until then, and even then there's only 5 or 6 UAD plugins I'd get that may be slightly better than what I already have.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
What do you think this is, a Plugin Alliance thread?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by squig ➡️
I won't touch UAD until then, and even then there's only 5 or 6 UAD plugins I'd get that may be slightly better than what I already have.
Same here and agreed. UAD remind me very much of Apple-historically a very controlled, curated, hardware dependent model of business and general ethos. And while I don't necessarily buy into that paradigm many do and there's certainly nothing wrong with it. Personally, I've enjoyed and been frustrated with Apple and PC products equally.

I also don't think there's magic fairy dust in them either but just like other developers, they certainly have some gems and excellent products (including several of which Plugin Alliance created for them under contract) along with several talented developers, coders, engineers etc.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
I actually got both of them at a decent price on BF. I assumed it to be an upgraded version of R4/Nimbus. You know what they say about assuming.. I haven't had proper time in the studio. Sadly I don't see that changing until after the new years.

Damn family and friends lol
Kind of same boat here on lacking time to compare but will be interested to hear your feedback. I'm happy to keep R4 and Nimbus around as long as they work but I've committed to Liquidsonics personally as a replacement and content with that choice as I love the sound quality, GUI and support.

I feel like with Izotope it's a shell game and constant upgrade tax and I don't like that at all. But I think all the Carnes/Expo products are still a phenomenal value on sale and some of the best reverbs ever created to date. Definitely can't go wrong with them and I'll continue to use R4, Neo and Nimbus as long as they work but for me the foreseeable future is with Liquidsonics, IK Sunset, Relab and Savant Quantum Evo.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, I recall now. CS-1 Channel Strip was sunset and replaced (free) with the Precision Mix Rack Collection a long time ago for those that had CS-1. It had 4 plugins (Precision Channel Strip, Precision Delay Mod, Precision Delay Mod L, and Precision Reflection Engine). IIRC, the PMRC may have also been given free with Apollo plugin bundles for a time, which is how I got the collection.

A bit dated GUIs, but solid performers! I need to dig them out and use them again. I don’t believe they are available to buy as a collection or separately now in the UAD catalog of plugins. Thanks for the link to kickstart my memory!
Old 7th December 2022
Lives for gear

Anyone know how much longer Liquidsonics Tai Chi Lite will be on sale for $29?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Anyone know how much longer Liquidsonics Tai Chi Lite will be on sale for $29?
Sale ends Dec 11th
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sale ends Dec 11th
Thanks!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Something is bubbling over at UAD...its clear on the forum over there...These deals are the cheapest deals ever for UAD...U11 Deal included.

I have just watched a Video with Marc Daniel Nelson adding depth to Guitar Tracks..

Clearly the Video is sponsored by waves...But looking at his plugin chains the majority of the plugins are UAD.

He compares the Waves Helios 69 with the UAD Helios 69 very stealthily and the difference in depth is stark.

If UAD change their pricing structure they could seriously damage current offerings from the likes of Waves...

UAD are on the move and I'm glad to part of it...
I didn’t even see your post directly above mine before I posted even though it looks like a direct reply!

But yeah. We spend loads of money with a company and as a reward they let us spend more

And we lap it up.

You must be close to already having Pokemonned the sh1t out of UAD :-D

There are worse things than plugins to spend money on =)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Which ones ?
Quote:
Which ones ?
LA-2A
DMX delay
Capitol Chambers
API 500 eq
ATR-102
Old 7th December 2022
I'll probably get the UAD Hitsville Reverb Chambers when it's available for PC via PA Ext @ $29.99. Seems silly not to.................
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'll probably get the UAD Hitsville Reverb Chambers when it's available for PC via PA Ext @ $29.99. Seems silly not to.................
All my UAD plugins have cost £7.53 apart from the AMS Reverb and delay that were £17.50

So £29.99 seems steep!

Quote:
All my UAD plugins have cost £7.53 apart from the AMS Reverb and delay that were £17.50

So £29.99 seems steep!

Nyer Nyer Nyer Ne Nyer Nyer
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Nyer Nyer Nyer Ne Nyer Nyer

GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

So £29.99 seems steep!

yeah but he could use pa vouchers to get the pa ext price down even further.

also i hope you are going to use the ams reverb and delay at least twice as much as all the other plugs, to get your moneys worth ! would just seem that you've overpaid somewhat if not
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokeez ➡️
I love how we are led to believe by companies that they are practically giving us money when they give us ‘loyalty’ discounts for their products when in fact we are just giving them ever more money.

We are not ‘saving’ if we are spending… ;-)

None of us are ever really ‘saving’ when we pick up bargain. No matter how ninja those bargains may be — if you are giving a company money, you’re not saving. True story =)

If you want to actually save money, put it in a savings account. And leave it there.

I’ll get my coat.
Savings accounts, at least in banks here in the US, earn almost no interest. Gone are the days of 4% and 5% interest; you're lucky if you get anything at all. It's been like that for decades.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
yeah but he could use pa vouchers to get the pa ext price down even further.

also i hope you are going to use the ams reverb and delay at least twice as much as all the other plugs, to get your moneys worth ! would just seem that you've overpaid somewhat if not
I don’t use plugins…..

I just collect them…

Quote:
I don’t use plugins…..

I just collect them…
And that's only right and proper.

The idea of actually using them is too bizarre to even pass from one neuron to another.......
📝 Reply