The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 30th November 2022
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Sampletekk 90% off ends tomorrow insane value!
Old 30th November 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trote222 ➡️
I ended up buying EZDrummer3, as well as UK Pop. EZD gave me a free expansion opportunity, and I'm still pondering whether to go with Post-Metal or Big Stage, and whether to buy Alt-Rock and some midi packs. it feels like it's almost as much money as SD3, so I can't help but think about it.

I also spent $70 to complete the IK MAX 3.5 MAXGrade (-30 for jampoints) for the effects and MODO Bass1.5 inside, which felt okay.

Again, thanks for sharing, they were really helpful.
Liking this post because of EZdrummer 3, not IK Max. Just thought I'd make that clear!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Lexicon PCM Native Bundle
UAD Reverb Collection.

That’s enough reverbs for me….
I use to "nod and smile" at people that would try to talk to me about Cinematic Rooms Pro, thinking it was nothing I needed to care about. Finally this BF, I decided to actually go online and listen to what it sounded like.......

No reverb collection is complete without CRP. Honestly!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
there's a lot of overlap
Do you find yourself using Seventh Heaven Pro that much?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Come on guys, give it a rest... nobody cares at this point and you’re just stinking up this thread with your argument.
This is par for the course with ER - you should know that by now.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
Well BF has been good. Seems like everyone got stuff that they wanted. I spent a little more than I had planned but pretty much everything was on my list. Top two purchases for me were, Soothe2, Spectre. I grabbed Kirchoff and the Oven with my F29 vouchers.

I also ended figuring out my reverb situation. R4 and Nimbus have officially been retired. I upgraded to Stratus ($50) and Symphony ($80) and also picked up the full Tai Chi ($99). Tai Chi was not on my must buy list but I decided to treat myself.

I also picked up Sonible Meter bundle, Tritik Flaw, and SSL Fusion Stereo Imager which weren't on my to buy list
Sounds like a respectable haul to me.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
Do you find yourself using Seventh Heaven Pro that much?
Just picked it up, so not yet!

But I can see using it, or using CRP for ERs and 7HP for the tails, etc.
Gear Maniac

3 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior ➡️
Couldn't pass on Pianoteq. The stage version is down to $87 at JRR with code 'group.'

Just noticed the instrument packs are on sale, too. Can anyone recommend their favorites?
I like the Bechstein and the Harp.
Gear Addict

Almost forgot to mention...picked up 2/3 of the Fuse catalog. Already had Vpre2c and Bucket 500 that I got for free and both of which I really like. Then grabbed VPRE-31A, Flywheel, VPRE-562A, VQP-Bundle, VCL-864U, VCL-25A, VQA-154 and VREV-305. Couldn't pass them up at PA prices/$14 a piece.

Going to have to eat canned goods, ramen and cancel Netflix and HBO for a few months. Also going to skip that trip to the in laws for Christmas to save the gas money and give myself more time to setup the new laptop and play with all my new (virtual) gear.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
My sale season haul so far: (and most likely for a while)

~Standing desk converter for my keyboard/mouse and X-touch.
~Addictive Drums 2 XXL Pack, and 10 extra midi packs
~ Sonnox Oxford Drum Gate
~TDR Slick EQ M
~Liquid Sonics/Reverb Fiundry Cinematic Rooms Pro, Lustrous Plates Surround, HD Cart, and Tai Chi Lite
~Cherry Audio Rackmode

And the biggie:
~Down payment on a new car!

A higher car payment is going to cut into my plug-in budget. It’s been fun hunting deals, but now it’s time to make some money off of my investments before investing in more..
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigEjams ➡️

~TDR Slick EQ M
~Liquid Sonics/Reverb Fiundry Cinematic Rooms Pro, Lustrous Plates Surround, HD Cart, and Tai Chi Lite
~Cherry Audio Rackmode

And the biggie:

A higher car payment is going to cut into my plug-in budget. It’s been fun hunting deals, but now it’s time to make some money off of my investments before investing in more..
Nice pickups and congrats on the new car!! Being a car guy as much as a music man, may I ask what you bought? And funny you bring up car payments cutting into the music/plugin budget bc that's exactly why I've been willing to spend quite a bit more lately on plugins, etc as for the first time in a few years I haven't had a car payment which allows me another $300-400 a month but now that prices are coming back down to earth a little I'm on the lookout and will probably buy something in the spring or summer.

Also, been wanting to replace my current dual desk setup with a nice large 2 tier one but can never seem to find what I like and haven't made the time to custom build but it's definitely moving up quickly to the top of my to do list. I even bought one for myself a few months ago and ended up giving it to the wife after a week because it wasn't quite right for what I was wanting and I'm OCD about that stuff.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
Nice pickups and congrats on the new car!! Being a car guy as much as a music man, may I ask what you bought?

Also, been wanting to replace my current dual desk setup with a nice large 2 tier one but can never seem to find what I like and haven't made the time to custom build but it's definitely moving up quickly to the top of my to do list. I even bought one for myself a few months ago and ended up giving it to the wife after a week because it wasn't quite right for what I was wanting and I'm OCD about that stuff.
Thanks! Much to the ire of most of my car guy friends. A Prius Prime. My daily commute is about 7 miles, so looking forward to getting off the petrol almost completely. Still wanted something with the gas option just in case. I figure the battery only landscape will be quite different (and more affordable) in 5-7 years and I’ll go full electric then.

I added this to my Studio RTA Producer Station Desk:
https://a.co/d/4wzWsRR

It’s a little big and doesn’t quite fit perfectly. So may not be a good fit for desk OCD. But performs the function I needed at a good price and seems well built.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks! Much to the ire of most of my car guy friends. A Prius Prime. My daily commute is about 7 miles, so looking forward to getting off the petrol almost completely. Still wanted something with the gas option just in case. I figure the battery only landscape will be quite different (and more affordable) in 5-7 years and I’ll go full electric then.

It’s a little big and doesn’t quite fit perfectly. So may not be a good fit for desk OCD. But performs the function I needed at a good price and seems well built.
Great choice! I often get asked for car recommendations, including just a few hours ago but for the last recommendation I made was a Prius to my wife's friend. I'm considering a 23 Kia Sportage hybrid, CPO Audi Q5 or CPO Volvo S60/V60/XC60 next myself but wanting to spend closer to 20k than 30k ao going to be patient for now.

Thinking the same for the near future on full electric even though I love a straight six ill probably grab one of the affordable electrics for a commuter in 4-5 years unless I get the hybrid Kia next year.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
GAS going strong this season:

Plug-ins:
- LiquidSonics: Cinematic Rooms, Lustrous Plates, Seventh Heaven Pro (stacked loyalty codes from Tai Chi and HD Cart)
- GGD Studio Cabs: Cali, Goldstack
- Mixwave: a couple midi packs

Hardware:
- PRS Silver Sky SE
- Harby Centauri (klon clone)
- Earthquaker Devices Plumes
- Purple Harmony Pillow (best purchase)

Managed NOT to buy anything from UAD or Neural DSP this time around, so I like to consider myself a GAS recovery hopeful.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well BF has been good. Seems like everyone got stuff that they wanted.
Definitely got the stuff I wanted this season (some of them not even BF sales but sales none the less):

October End Purchases:
- XLN Audio XO €74
- Sonnox Claro €32
- Glitchmachines Fracture XT €5

BF November Purchases:
- Klevgrand REAMP €16
- Klevgrand Pana €20
- Sylenth €126

Glitchmachines Fracture XT and Klevgrand Pana were the only ones that were not on my prepared wishlist from the past 6 months. So they were impulse buys (demo’d Pana first obviously and the free version of Fracture I already know).

That’s me set for the coming year or two. Back to making sounds.
Old 30th November 2022
Gear Maniac

I don't know how you guys have the energy to constantly argue about this shit. You're gonna give yourselves a gearspace-sponsored stomach ulcer
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
Going to have to eat canned goods, ramen and cancel Netflix and HBO for a few months. Also going to skip that trip to the in laws for Christmas to save the gas money and give myself more time to setup the new laptop and play with all my new (virtual) gear.
Well, I was gonna tell you later, but now seems the time: This is your father in law disguised as apartment dog here on GS. Me and the misses are not amused!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You were wrong about gui's not mattering and you were wrong trying to excuse bad business practices. It's ok. I forgive you. Honestly PCM being 10+ yrs old is even more reason to update its gui, but maybe PC users have a better updated gui as well lol
My point was a GUI , specially on a reverb is so low on my pecking order I really don’t care.

And back in 2010 when PCM was released and working on both Apple and windows nobody cared.

People want an update because they want it working on Apple.

I welcome any update, but I won’t stop using it because of the GUI.

In 2022 developers should have learnt from the mistakes unlike my example of PA releasing the Oven with a daft GUI.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
Even at that intro price, I'm not going to jump on it. I haven't come across anything online demonstrating something truly compelling about it. So far, it seems like just another decent-good saturator. Most people already had that covered before it came out; and if it never came out, most people wouldn't be missing out on anything.
Agree, but that’s the nature with new and shiny, many jump
On it neglecting the plugins they have just bought cause they were new and shiny but now weeks old
Old 30th November 2022
Lives for gear

The thing about Ik is that they’re quite predictable once you’ve been watching for a while.

Buy at the right time and you can get some reasonable bargains but it’s easy to lose at poker if you don’t know how they operate.

Basically the take away is forget about updating it you want to pay the least possible. There will always be a group buy or a deal where you can pick up updates to things you already own rather than upgrade individual apps.

But you don’t need to keep paying to stay updated generally. For example If you own Syntronik 1 you can use all your purchased content with Syntronik 2 you just don’t get the new features or content. So you get, for example, updates that are Apple silicon native without having to pay extra.

Everything I have from IK (which was pretty much everything available at the time of the 25 yr GB) has been updated with M1 native support and it had cost me nothing. An update to T-Racks 5 is promised.

Of course the cheapest time to buy the big bundle is always just before a new bundle drops. That’s how it works for a lot of developers, such as Arturia.

You just have to know that IK won’t be as reasonable as Arturia are to with upgrade options. quite the opposite. So buy now knowing that you’re getting a bargain but that keeping up to date content wise won’t be worthwhile from there on. .

I’m fine with that as long as they keep the free maintenance and compatibility updates coming. Which so far they have.

as long as you know their update ‘philosophy’ you’ll be fine. And frankly, it’s a headache to keep updating with new content all the time. If you buy studio MAX today it’ll take you an age to sort through all the content. So much stuff. So little time.

If you’re the kind of person that always wants the up to date stuff and always want all the newest versions, then you will be frustrated by IK. I can live without the new basses in MODO for now — one day I’ll update when the price is right :-)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Felt good ignoring all the sales and curing my GAS with UAD Ultimate 11

Enjoy your new tools everyone.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior ➡️
Couldn't pass on Pianoteq. The stage version is down to $87 at JRR with code 'group.'

Just noticed the instrument packs are on sale, too. Can anyone recommend their favorites?
- Steinway D (gets you the German and New-York ones)
- Steinway B
- Yamaha YC5

Quote:
People upgraded to TS2 to TS3 for $149 then TS3 to TS3.5 for $99

I’m on TS2 currently and my upgrade to TS3.5 is $99

It pays to wait….as IK loyalty upgrading is whack…

Worst in the business.
I upgraded TS2 to TS3.5 a few months back for $99 with a special deal at AudioDeluxe
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
- Steinway D (gets you the German and New-York ones)
- Steinway B
- Yamaha YC5

I upgraded TS2 to TS3.5 a few months back for $99 with a special deal at AudioDeluxe
Excellent.

I don’t think I’ll update TS2 now…I’m sort of done with IK…

I’ve got so many plugins some have got to give…Considering I’ve managed to sell of the remaining IK licences I’ll just leave my GB freebies floating about in virtual space.

Will be interesting If my TRacks 5 plugins update to V6 for free but I highly doubt it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Excellent.

I don’t think I’ll update TS2 now…I’m sort of done with IK…

I’ve got so many plugins some have got to give…Considering I’ve managed to sell of the remaining IK licences I’ll just leave my GB freebies floating about in virtual space.

Will be interesting If my TRacks 5 plugins update to V6 for free but I highly doubt it.
I upgraded as it got me and upgrade to Amplitube MAX cheaper than the individual product and a few nice to haves.

I do not like the company either, but on the other hand, I start to experience similar things with other companies. Maybe we are to spoiled these days
Old 30th November 2022
Gear Maniac
Well, I'm out until Christmas. Picked up
Neural DSP Petrucci
Synchro Arts Repitch
AA Lime
AA Amethyst
AA Fire The Bus Plus
AA Nickel
AA Tulip
AA Frost (Free)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
I upgraded as it got me and upgrade to Amplitube MAX cheaper than the individual product and a few nice to haves.

I do not like the company either, but on the other hand, I start to experience similar things with other companies. Maybe we are to spoiled these days
Indeed we are…

Can’t wait until we all GAS a proper Reel To Reel Tape Machine again!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

~TDR Slick EQ M
~Cherry Audio Rackmode

And the biggie:

congrats 🎈🎊
Quote:

USA price : $84:40

UK price: £278.49 (approx $333.96)

WT actual F!!!!!!!!
DEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
USA price : $84:40

UK price: £278.49 (approx $333.96)

WT actual F!!!!!!!!
Keep in mind that Amazon always has a group of these hustlers attempting to sell any given item at an outrageous markup. But they only rise to the top of the listings when the bigger retailers are out of that item for a geographical area. Still it's quite shocking when it catches you off guard
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Agree, but that’s the nature with new and shiny, many jump
On it neglecting the plugins they have just bought cause they were new and shiny but now weeks old
Did you even try BB Tubes? Or you just have a feeling it’s not good based on years of experience not demoing things.
📝 Reply