The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47131
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison ➡️
Thanks very much for posting this; I just bought a pair
Definitely a good sounding $100 mic... almost pulled the trigger, but I couldn’t see myself using it... I think my next mic will be a crappy old radio shack mic... for those special moments.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47132
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
We have any speculation on what a voucher tmrw might be like?! Lol.

$10 no min spend again? Another minimum spend voucher $25 off? Dirk hasn't pulled out the (almost) any 2 for $50 yet, maybe that's next?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47133
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasoundjunkie ➡️
Don't know how it was before but it has a volume knob now
Awesome! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I need to update it immediately.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47134
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
this is IMO in the top 3 best plugins from PA.

1. Metric AB
2. SSL 9k CS
3. Bass Mint
Lindell Audio 80 Series is a real sleeper hit! Still gets plenty of use on a lot of things I do, and holds up well when compared to other similar plug-ins from other brands.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47135
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
Yes, they added it some months ago. And thats the problem when there's no update alert anywhere on their products or installer
PA really needs to consider doing something about that.

I stopped using it a while back to wait for that update and I had no idea that it was already available.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47136
Gear Head
 
One question, someone who can help me, why can't I put the bx channels at 100%? maximum I can 75%, thanks
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47137
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
somebody knows where I can buy shaper box 2 cheaper then directly from cable guys?
When it's on sale at Plugin Boutique.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47138
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
Lindell Audio 80 Series is a real sleeper hit! Still gets plenty of use on a lot of things I do, and holds up well when compared to other similar plug-ins from other brands.
I agree. Got it yesterday for $11. Don't usually like channel strips, but gelled with this one.

Trying to resist AMEK 9099 for $15 today. I know I don't need it...
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47139
Lives for gear
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Definitely a good sounding $100 mic... almost pulled the trigger, but I couldn’t see myself using it... I think my next mic will be a crappy old radio shack mic... for those special moments.
Good vocal mic regardless of the price. Great for rap because it can take a lot of spitting (not literal spitting) and great for female singers because it can be clear and close up. Warm, intimate and direct with a very nice, not overly pronounced but still present proximity effect at a couple inches back. It can be a little essey depending on vocal technique, but other than that, the top end is quite smooth and warm. Haven't used it with rock vocals, but I imagine it is very good based on how it handles voices in general. $100 is a steal.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47140
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy ➡️
Good vocal mic regardless of the price. Great for rap because it can take a lot of spitting (not literal spitting) and great for female singers because it can be clear and close up. Warm, intimate and direct with a very nice, not overly pronounced but still present proximity effect at a couple inches back. It can be a little essey depending on vocal technique, but other than that, the top end is quite smooth and warm. Haven't used it with rock vocals, but I imagine it is very good based on how it handles voices in general. $100 is a steal.
I have a TLM 107 and an 87... do you think this would add anything new and/or useful?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47141
Lives for gear
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
I have a TLM 107 and an 87... do you think this would add anything new and/or useful?
Yeesh... well those are nice mics so this arguably and likely won't give better, but it will certainly give you different. I don't have direct experience with those mics, so I'm sorry but I can't speak directly to a comparison (and I won't blow smoke pretending like I can). Best case, it will give you something that you prefer in some situations, even over the higher budget mics, worst case, you are almost assured to be able to get your money back on the used market at that price. It's hard to lose. Forums are full of stories about how cheaper mics win sometimes. Two guys I work with use one and for both of them, it is a very flattering mic and it pairs with their voices well.

I realize this isn't much help . I'm basically saying... maybe?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47142
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy ➡️
Yeesh... well those are nice mics so this arguably and likely won't give better, but it will certainly give you different. I don't have direct experience with those mics, so I'm sorry but I can't speak directly to a comparison (and I won't blow smoke pretending like I can). Best case, it will give you something that you prefer in some situations, even over the higher budget mics, worst case, you are almost assured to be able to get your money back on the used market at that price. It's hard to lose. Forums are full of stories about how cheaper mics win sometimes. Two guys I work with use one and for both of them, it is a very flattering mic and it pairs with their voices well.

I realize this isn't much help . I'm basically saying... maybe?
Thx... that’s basically the conclusion I came to... a bit of a crap shoot.

btw... 5A.M is dope!

Good job on the mixes!
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47143
Lives for gear
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Thx... that’s basically the conclusion I came to... a bit of a crap shoot.

btw... 5A.M is dope!

Good job on those mixes!
NP, if you decide to take a leap, I'd love to hear your thoughts about how it compares to what you have once you spend some time with it.

Very sincere thanks for the kind words. I'll pass that on to the artist and I really appreciate the props on the mixes. I think he's awesome and I am very much aware that I am lucky to be working with him. He's most definitely got some hit songs in him and he works his ass off so he's got the right mix of work ethic and talent. Fingers crossed!
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47144
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
I Love them all
Hoping for a good sale and can pickup Blyss or AR-1. Blyss might be more useful but I know AR-1 gets a lot of praise. Not sure I need Omega A or N, but never know.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47145
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
Lindell Audio 80 Series is a real sleeper hit! Still gets plenty of use on a lot of things I do, and holds up well when compared to other similar plug-ins from other brands.
I really prefer the uad cs. I only use the bx 9k from pa. Never tried the amek cs. But the uad have just another quality of saturation and depths to me.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47146
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
When it's on sale at Plugin Boutique.
It getting cheaper then 85 eur ?
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47147
Lives for gear
 
blackfinder's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
BOOM! $20 off
Minimum Spend $29
Use code BOOM-20-OFF-29 to save $20 extra today!

- Code is valid for one (1) order per user
- $29 minimum spend (net)

Copy/paste voucher code during checkout!
Yesterday's voucher has now expired and is no longer valid!


I think these PA guys are trolling us
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47148
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder ➡️
I think these PA guys are trolling us
Truth... and have been for quite some time now.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47149
Gear Addict
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Osterday ➡️
I agree. Got it yesterday for $11. Don't usually like channel strips, but gelled with this one.

Trying to resist AMEK 9099 for $15 today. I know I don't need it...
I really like Lindell 80, but don’t use it as a channel strip much. If you abuse the gain and the compressor with the NUKE setting turned on it is great for smashing drums. I end up liking it much more than say LocNess for this.

I also like to use Lindell 80 as a saturator, it’s one of the few I have with auto gain which makes it quick to use.

The EQ section has a poor UX though. Way too fiddly to use with the silly concentric dials that aren’t made for mice.

I can’t see myself using 9099 at all TBH. There’s just too much going on. I don’t use the focusrite one for the same reason — the gui slows me down it doesn’t speed me up.

The more channel strips, EQs and compressors i have the more I appreciate Logic’s built in plugins for the basics.

I have the Lindell 50 as well, but prefer the 80 so far which seems to be the opposite to most opinions I’ve read… but then I’m using them to smash things up rather than sweeten them :-)
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47150
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
What is the feeling about Phil's Cascade? worth $15? Is it good on vocals?
this one is useful when you decide to really change something in a mix with some tracks being recorded imperfectly.
there are knobs to bring something dull to life, others to tame harshness, and frequency and perhaps bias to create a certain focus.
I had used it to salvage a sampling piano, together with morphverb.

basically, it is a very organic flavor of saturation and valve amp personality. Old guitar amps had a presence knob that messed with the negative feedback loop (that had the purpose to reduce distortion and make the sound a bit cleaner, so at that point in the circuit you have huge influence). You can achieve something like that, but also very different aspects in changing a sound.

plan it early in the mixing process. if you put it on an important track, when the mix is soon to be ready, you might find out that you have to remix. which would reveal that my basic idea of usage makes sense. it sounds subtle, but actually it changes a lot, and can make an instrument very dominant.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47151
Lives for gear
 
blackfinder's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
What is the feeling about Phil's Cascade? worth $15? Is it good on vocals?
aside from the price, IMO this one is an example about "newer" not always means "better". I really like it also compared with latest saturators i think it has its place to change and shape the tone. I suggest to Demo it !
Old 1st October 2022
  #47152
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
@ Lazoo I hate you - I found myself saying "bones" instead of "Pounds", "Dollars" or "Euros" today when browsing
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47153
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrsn ➡️
One question, someone who can help me, why can't I put the bx channels at 100%? maximum I can 75%, thanks
You're asking about the magnification right? Any specific plugin? What's your screen resolution?
Old 1st October 2022
  #47154
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Decided to purchase DS Tantra 2 with my voucher today.
Old 1st October 2022
  #47155
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
UVI Model D free with any purchase from AudioDeluxe. Great deal imo that one. Also when you register a product with UVI sometimes I find they give you a voucher to use within a month.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/hot-deals
Old 1st October 2022
  #47156
UVI Beatbox Anthology 2 $59 at Audio Deluxe, don't think it's ever been cheaper...........
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47157
Gear Nut
 
trager's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrsn ➡️
One question, someone who can help me, why can't I put the bx channels at 100%? maximum I can 75%, thanks
It could be because the plugin thinks you don't have enough space on your screen. I had that problem with oberhausen. Don't know if there's a way to overrule its judgement.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47158
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Decided to purchase DS Tantra 2 with my voucher today.
Nice! I got that with the last $20 voucher. Still undecided today lol
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47159
Gear Addict
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
UVI Model D free with any purchase from AudioDeluxe. Great deal imo that one. Also when you register a product with UVI sometimes I find they give you a voucher to use within a month.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/hot-deals
Cool. I love me a model D. Have the Moog, Arturia and G-force already.

This one seems a bit strange though. Doesn’t sound anything like the original. All the presets sound the same. I Can’t even find the filter cutoff anywhere! Although it makes up for that with polyphony I suppose.
Old 1st October 2022 | Show parent
  #47160
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
UVI Beatbox Anthology 2 $59 at Audio Deluxe, don't think it's ever been cheaper...........
Yeah - as you have said previously version 3 is probably imminent.

I decided to be a cork sniffer and go more upmarket by purchasing the new Toontrack SDX Library by Hugh Padgham - Hitmaker. Managed to snag it for £116 incl. VAT so not a too shabby deal in my book.

P.S. @ eagle007 how are you finding it?
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 265 views: 57575
Avatar for Peter - IK
Peter - IK 21st March 2013
replies: 1527 views: 158352
Avatar for jih64
jih64 1 week ago
replies: 4573 views: 126627
Avatar for Trashman
Trashman 11th October 2022
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump