Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the Recommendations all. Picked up Amek 200 for $10
Old 30th September 2022 | Show parent
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
He’s a fan, as stated in earlier posts... I was about to get it in their 70% off sale, but after listening to multiple demos, I decided to go with the Agitato All Bundle and Adagietto, which just sound better to me, more detail... anthology strings sounds a bit dark and compressed to me, which can be great in certain applications.... still a decent deal for 50 bones, if one has nothing similar... since we cannot demo any of these libraries, it’s really tough to know how they sound before purchase... would be cool if they had a mini sampler for each library.
Thank you for the insight. I bought it, of course, I'm a sucker for orchestral libraries on discount...
Old 30th September 2022
Gear Addict

PA probably sold a lot of $10 plugins yesterday.

My ReplikA code finally arrived… it took around 14 hours to arrive.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokeez ➡️
PA probably sold a lot of $10 plugins yesterday.

My ReplikA code finally arrived… it took around 14 hours to arrive.
maybe that's why they made it expire the day after without any notice instead of October 2, 2022 as stated into the related email !

No minimum spend! Use code MEGA-10-OFF to save extra on one of 150+ plugins! Code can be used only once (1x).
MEGA-10-OFF
Use voucher code during checkout! MEGA Sale ends 11:59 PM PST on October 2, 2022
Old 30th September 2022
trg
Lives for gear
I bought Dawesome Abyss the other day for $50, and it's worth every penny. Not for every music style, but for Ambient or large musical stages it's perfect, very intuitive and great sounding. I got lost for a while.... and I LOOOOVE the colourful fresh UI.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder ➡️
maybe that's why they made it expire the day after without any notice instead of October 2, 2022 as stated into the related email !

No minimum spend! Use code MEGA-10-OFF to save extra on one of 150+ plugins! Code can be used only once (1x).
MEGA-10-OFF
Use voucher code during checkout! MEGA Sale ends 11:59 PM PST on October 2, 2022
It does say “MEGA sale” ends on October the 2nd, not the mega-10-off voucher. It is ambiguous though.

I was also referring to stacking the $20 off deal with the any plugin for $29 voucher. Lots of people getting likes of Amek 9099/200, U17, ADPTR AB and ReplikA XT for $10.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by trg ➡️
I bought Dawesome Abyss the other day for $50, and it's worth every penny. Not for every music style, but for Ambient or large musical stages it's perfect, very intuitive and great sounding. I got lost for a while.... and I LOOOOVE the colourful fresh UI.
If you haven't, give Novum a try, it's insane. Substituting timbre and envelope between patches can make the same sample set sound utterly different. I think the fella behind Dawesome is a true genius at his craft. I'm pretty knocked out by it.

This was a test of some outboard gear but the sounds in it that aren't percussion are all made by the same sample set (which, by the way, started sounding NOTHING like this, talking one was some weird sci-fi noises and I think another was a real mean sawtooth fed through distortion to begin with) with different envelope, timbral and grain generation characteristics in Novum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
Tried, liked and grabbed it (free with voucher). Is exactly as you said, really helpful and fast to use. It's on a mix already :D

Thanks!
Glad to help man, it's a handy tool and well worth the low low price of free I like EQs that make it easy to make corresponding moves without having to mess around with a graphical parameteric EQ. Just put them visible beside each other, start adjusting, ear gets happy, job done quick - especially nice for tuning things to stand out or sit a bit back when mixing into compression, but I'm probably not telling anyone anything new there.
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
If you haven't, give Novum a try, it's insane. Substituting timbre and envelope between patches can make the same sample set sound utterly different. I think the fella behind Dawesome is a true genius at his craft. I'm pretty knocked out by it.

This was a test of some outboard gear but the sounds in it that aren't percussion are all made by the same sample set (which, by the way, started sounding NOTHING like this, talking "one was some weird sci-fi noises" and I think another was a real mean sawtooth fed through distortion to begin with) with different envelope, timbral and grain generation characteristics in Novum:

Impressive! Thanks for the track, I like it.
I kinda skipped Novum for the price tag and because I've recently got waaay to many synths and need to learn at least some of them first. But I'll put Novum on backlog for a future sale or more dire times, when fresh sounds and inspiration will be needed.
Gear Addict

SubLab for 10$
https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...=605d605c4aba7

May they all be damned for those sales at once!
Old 30th September 2022
Gear Addict

Daily Surprise Voucher #4 : $25 off / 24 hours

Use code MEGA-25-OFF2 to save $25 extra today!

- Code is valid for one (1) order per user
- $39 minimum spend

MEGA-25-OFF2

Copy/paste voucher code during checkout! Yesterday's BOOM-20-OFF voucher has now expired and is no longer valid!
Old 30th September 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Where's my voucher, where's my voucher?
Old 30th September 2022
Gear Addict

"Daily Surprise Voucher #4 "

So after three days running of 'surprise' vouchers, is #4 really so surprising? I'll pass on this one and wait for tomorrow's 'Daily surprise" instead :-) Which might be another $10 no minimum spend, or even a $20. Or they might surprise me with no surprise daily voucher at all. None of which raises the excitement levels beyond a paltry 'meh'
Old 30th September 2022
Gear Addict

Haha
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-2a65d07d-0a62-4f1f-84ec-dac0af9d4bc8.jpeg  
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you for the insight. I bought it, of course, I'm a sucker for orchestral libraries on discount...
Curious to know what you think....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
It does say “MEGA sale” ends on October the 2nd, not the mega-10-off voucher. It is ambiguous though.

I was also referring to stacking the $20 off deal with the any plugin for $29 voucher. Lots of people getting likes of Amek 9099/200, U17, ADPTR AB and ReplikA XT for $10.
the bastards don't specify expiring date for vouchers without minimum spend, BUT they do for vouchers with it !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPere ➡️
SubLab for 10$
https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...=605d605c4aba7

May they all be damned for those sales at once!
do you know when it expires ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
And for your comment about Clapton - all time guitar legend
Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I find Clapton the most overrated guitarist of all time. Even if they are not particularly appealing to me, I can understand why most people rate the people they do, but not really in his case. Hendrix on the other hand.........................
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Curious to know what you think....
Is gonna take a while, downloading ~50GB on my crappy 4G router connection (there's a small hill between my home and the antenna)...
Quote:
I got Neoverb for $11...whether it's worth it, I've yet to assess.................
Old 30th September 2022
Anyone else really impressed with the Amek 250? I seem to find it adds a lot of presence.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder ➡️
do you know when it expires ?
October 9th,im waiting for a better freebie as well :D
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPere ➡️
October 9th,im waiting for a better freebie as well :D
Me too... got Space with my last purchase and... nope.
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Me too... got Space with my last purchase and... nope.
You mean you don't like Space, or you don't like the other one?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Space is a mega turd...

Huracan is prob fine, just not my thing.
Gear Addict

Quote:
The other one doesn't speak to me neither.
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Space is a mega turd...

Huracan is prob fine, just not my thing.
I got Hurracan with Abyss, quite liked the sound as heard in the video.
I like these limited instruments, like the Klevgrand plugins as well. (The "limitations spark creativity" thing...)
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got Hurracan with Abyss, quite liked the sound as heard in the video.
I like these limited instruments, like the Klevgrand plugins as well. (The "limitations spark creativity" thing...)
Niice...

Sublab looks dope... definitely be picking that up.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
No complaint there. It's a shame Jimi stepped off this third rock from the sun so early in life.
Agreed absolute genius. I am also going to say something controversial now to you Americans - we appreciated Hendrix much more than you when he was alive. He felt loved in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I find Clapton the most overrated guitarist of all time. Even if they are not particularly appealing to me, I can understand why most people rate the people they do, but not really in his case. Hendrix on the other hand.........................
Well goes to show the subjectivity of music I guess lol.

Hopefully I can win you over with the third choice on my list for all time greatest guitarists - Jimmy Page.

I have altered slightly my top ten list over time but the top 3 I don't see ever being changed.
Old 30th September 2022
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
For $14 + tax I am interested in LISA or the U17. But I only did demo LISA so far and I'm away from home right now.
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Niice...

Sublab looks dope... definitely be picking that up.
then they will get you on the paid upgrade to sublab xxl
📝 Reply