The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TP ➡️
So you just FEEL like it's not true but have nothing to back it up? Nothing is knowable because everyone has an agenda? So others either agree with you or are biased? Help me understand, please.
People, go somewhere else to discuss politics, please.
Old 1 week ago
<modsnip>

So let's all buy the New Sonic Arts Bundle instead.

https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle-suite.php

Last edited by Diogo C; 1 week ago at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Politics
Old 1 week ago
Equinox offer @ PSP audio

50% off all plugins next 72 hours

Offer stacks with personal discounts
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Yea man... a good price for any decent plug.

Was messing around with Sculpt today... very deep plug with a lot of possibilities... had it on a drum bus with nothing else and was getting some very interesting results... sort of an anti-compression where it could trim around the transients and lessen the decay of each drum without effecting the transients... sort of just made it dryer, cleaner and tighter without any artifacts or loss of punch... never been able to do that before. I get sleepy reading the manual so it may be a minute before I know how that worked.

Edit: this is really a cool plug and stupidly versatile... the side chain eq, tone sculpt and trans emphasis section puts it over the edge... so much fun.
Yeah, picked Sculpt up last month. Only messed with it a few times so far, but it is crazy how much it can shape the dynamics... transparently! Definitely don't have anything else like it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️

Vintage Warmer 2 is tempting - I have always liked that one:

https://www.pspaudioware.com/product...vintagewarmer2
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Has everyone seen the generosity of Pulsar Modular - see post #2122 :

Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp

Now this is awesome.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Vintage Warmer 2 is tempting - I have always liked that one:

https://www.pspaudioware.com/product...vintagewarmer2
The original Vintage Warmer was one of my first third party plugins. VW2 keeps it going.
Quote:
Has everyone seen the generosity of Pulsar Modular - see post #2122 :

Pulsar Modular releases P42 Climax- Line Amp

Now this is awesome.
Is this a separate developer from the Pulsar that does Massive, etc.?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Is this a separate developer from the Pulsar that does Massive, etc.?
Yeah - Pulsar that does Mu and Massive etc are French and Pulsar Modular are Turkish I think.
Gear Maniac

Softube's Dirty Tape owners can get Tape Echoes for $19 (offer valid for 48h).

"Log in to your Softube account to see your discounted upgrade price, then click the purple upgrade button to add Tape Echoes to your cart and save."
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

I’m buying it at this price !
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

Hi Easy,
Is your coupon personal, or something you can share here?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
New Sonic Arts Freestyle has 25% off until October 15th
https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/fr...e.php?src=news
I love that suggested slogan!

I have been using Freestyle since almost its beginnings. I'm not on the inside beta, but they also have a public beta. A couple years ago there was an issue of it not recognizing UAD plugs. JWH had it fixed within a couple weeks, which to me means he is very responsive to issues.

Kore style morphing has been removed, but he promises a return. From what I gather, its pretty much just him behind all New Sonic Arts products.

And when Battery 3 becomes worthless, I might gravitate towards Nuance.

So yes, overall that slogan is very appropriate.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

is there any shareable code we can add on top equinox promo?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wasn't aware the people behind Studio One came from Steinberg - interesting so thanks for the information. Will look forward to trying it out.

If it's good I wonder what the price for an upgrade to the full version from Artist will be like... I shall have a look.
They definitely have sales at least twice a year, typically more, that bring the upgrade price around 50% off. I keep dragging my feet as I don't find anything essential but at some pointI probably will since I have v2 Professional and the upgrade is cheap usually around $75 on sale. Definitely reasonable upgrade costs compared to some. I'm also considering adding Logic since I have a couple Macs now too and it's been a decade+ since I've tried it.
Quote:
Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

You'd be worse than insane not to
Old 1 week ago
Anyone used the PSP Lexicon 42 or the PSP 85 and what do they think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➡️
I love that suggested slogan!

I have been using Freestyle since almost its beginnings. I'm not on the inside beta, but they also have a public beta. A couple years ago there was an issue of it not recognizing UAD plugs. JWH had it fixed within a couple weeks, which to me means he is very responsive to issues.
What's your take on it? I'm shocked at the lack of recent reviews or videos on it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRites ➡️
Hi Easy,
Is your coupon personal, or something you can share here?
It’s a code with my username in it
Here for the gear

Quote:
Alright, thanks.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

That's an unbelievable price. Anyone should get it for that lol. I don't think you will be disappointed for <$40
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
What's your take on it? I'm shocked at the lack of recent reviews or videos on it.
For FreeStyle?

I haven't even tried the demo for Nuance as a replacement for Battery 3. When I can no longer install B3, I'll search for the closest replacement because I use Battery very often, partly due to the simplicity. There are still every-day uses of Battery3 even though I use SD3 and a host of other drum programs.

My feeling is JWH doesn't have a lot of marketing money. Practically all issues and basically most communication is done via KVR. I think it's just mostly himself. He's got a good sense of humor, sometimes on KVR he's a bit curt out of frustration. But remember JWH is part of the long lost Native Instruments. If he had some employees I think FreeStyle would be much more popular.

Also a lot of users don't understand what Kore really did and what FreeStyle does. Sure, most know Kore was a VST container of sorts, but don't realize about nesting, and how it integrates with other VSTs and your PC so easily, not to mention a browser that is superior to any browser NI has today.

Other VST's such as Arturias Augmented Strings & Voices have taken very basic morphing concepts from Kore. But as said, currently JWH has removed morphing because he didn't like how it was implemented, but has said morphing will return.

It's best to just download the demo and try for yourself. There really isn't much of a manual other than a few web browser pages to get you started. But again, the first Kore manual was IMO awful too. When you have questions, it's best to go to KVR and find the FreeStyle threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➡️
For FreeStyle?

I haven't even tried the demo for Nuance as a replacement for Battery 3. When I can no longer install B3, I'll search for the closest replacement because I use Battery very often, partly due to the simplicity. There are still every-day uses of Battery3 even though I use SD3 and a host of other drum programs.

My feeling is JWH doesn't have a lot of marketing money. Practically all issues and basically most communication is done via KVR. I think it's just mostly himself. He's got a good sense of humor, sometimes on KVR he's a bit curt out of frustration. But remember JWH is part of the long lost Native Instruments. If he had some employees I think FreeStyle would be much more popular.

Also a lot of users don't understand what Kore really did and what FreeStyle does. Sure, most know Kore was a VST container of sorts, but don't realize about nesting, and how it integrates with other VSTs and your PC so easily, not to mention a browser that is superior to any browser NI has today.

Other VST's such as Arturias Augmented Strings & Voices have taken very basic morphing concepts from Kore. But as said, currently JWH has removed morphing because he didn't like how it was implemented, but has said morphing will return.

It's best to just download the demo and try for yourself. There really isn't much of a manual other than a few web browser pages to get you started. But again, the first Kore manual was IMO awful too. When you have questions, it's best to go to KVR and find the FreeStyle threads.
Many thanks. I'm d/l-ing the demo bundle now which is ultra-rare for me, I usually just get things, but money is getting tighter now.
Kore was before my 'return to music', but I am intrigued by this bundle. To say that I'm increasingly not enamoured by much of NI's behaviour might be an understatement.
GBP
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
You'd be worse than insane not to
i remember the days when Easy would rant about how people shouldn’t just buy a plugin coz they can get it cheap. save ya money and buy something that you actually want and is of high quality.

perhaps today, he has found the best of both worlds….
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
after purchase you got products added automatically into your account or you receive a registration code?
in the second case maybe you could buy one me too and get further discount (send you money by paypal)

Last edited by blackfinder; 1 week ago at 06:57 PM..
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfinder ➡️
after purchase you got products added automatically into your account or you receive a registration code?
in the second case maybe you could buy one me too and get further discount (send you money by paypal)
If I remember correctly, PSP store purchases go straight to your account.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Rogue Amoeba is doing a 20% sale on everything for their 20th Anniversary until the end of the month.
Lives for gear

Here’s one for you guys...

PSP 20% off coupon code: INFINI4GLENN

Gets the infinistrip down to $80 or lower.

Don’t know if it works on other psp plugs or not.

My price came to $77, but I didn’t pull the trigger, cause no matter how great this plug is, I already have two other similar plugs (mcdsp and IK) and just can’t deal with more plug learning... I need to learn what I have which is already a monumental task... why add to it.

Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Anyone used the PSP Lexicon 42 or the PSP 85 and what do they think?
I owned them for years ~15ish. They were fine from what I remember but I never each for them anymore. Unless they've updated the code since i've used it, I wouldn't choose them over Valhalla Delay, Repeater, EchoBoy, HDelay, etc
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wow

Infinity Strip

cart total $199.00
discount -$161.92
volume discount -$6.80
promo discount -$99.50
coupon discount -$55.62
to pay $37.08

Don't know how you got such a big discount but that's an amazing price! What do you have from them and any favorites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fak ➡️
I owned them for years ~15ish. They were fine from what I remember but I never each for them anymore. Unless they've updated the code since i've used it, I wouldn't choose them over Valhalla Delay, Repeater, EchoBoy, HDelay, etc
Thanks
📝 Reply