The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Im looking right now into a Novation Launchkey 49 MK3. Anybody have experiance with that?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
Im looking right now into a Novation Launchkey 49 MK3. Anybody have experiance with that?
I had the launchkey mini mk3 for a minute and found it to be cheap.... the keys felt cheap as did the buttons and overall construction... it worked, but was too flimsy for me.... don’t know about the 49, but assume it’s just a bigger version of the same thing.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
Acoustic Samples AS Bass guitar collection is on sale at Audio Plugin Deals for $65.
Have you tried them out? If so what are your opinions? I saw that deal and was interested but I do have a lot of options in that department already. Cheers.

(I have some of their other guitar libraries which are good).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
I had the launchkey mini mk3 for a minute and found it to be cheap.... the keys felt cheap as did the buttons and overall construction... it worked, but was too flimsy for me.... don’t know about the 49, but assume it’s just a bigger version of the same thing.
what are u using now?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
Yeah, I saw that video. Pretty cool addition to the standalone.
Awesome addition for me as very often I like to just play around in standalone on Keyscape and if I come up with something I have to pop in to standalone EZKeys to quickly record the idea.
Lives for gear

Quote:
what are u using now?
Akai mpk261

The mpk249 is good as well.

Can also get used on eBay and save $100 - $200.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankRhodes ➡️
Damn, I know I'm a little late to the game but I'm demoing Pulsar Audio Massive now and it's sounds freakin amazing!
Just had an email from them saying they now accept some of the cryptocurrencies.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
Here's hoping they bring audio routing into instrument tracks. Arturia's Vocoder is not compatible with Studio One because of that issue.
I have Studio One Artist that I got for free with my FaderPort so I might try and register the code for it when they release version 6 to see if I get the new version. Worth a try. Be interesting to see what it's like as a long time Cubase user.
Old 6 days ago
I've redirected PA emails to my spam folder. The amount of crap Dirk's been bombarding my inbox with is just ridiculous.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by squig ➡️
I've redirected PA emails to my spam folder. The amount of crap Dirk's been bombarding my inbox with is just ridiculous.
I like being reminded of all the plugs I already have.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
I have Studio One Artist that I got for free with my FaderPort so I might try and register the code for it when they release version 6 to see if I get the new version. Worth a try. Be interesting to see what it's like as a long time Cubase user.
Don't know if that'll work but if it does that's a brilliant idea! I just registered the bundled studio one 5.5 artist that came with the Atom yesterday. Honestly it's had pretty much everything I've needed since 2.5 except great bundled instruments but of course using primarily 3rd party instruments and effects like everyone. You're probably already aware but the Studio one programmers were formerly from Cubase. I find S1 to be a quicker workflow and I just like the aesthetic but both are great.
Gear Maniac

OMG... I just... I just... made a purchase at PA with no voucher or discount code... it definitely felt rather weird lol.

Knifonium seems to be on an unannounced sale (or maybe I missed the announcement), $24.99. Not $15, I know. But not $29.99 either, might be as good as its gonna get, at least in the short-term future lol. Anyway, I thought that was a fair price on it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatonejonguy ➡️
OMG... I just... I just... made a purchase at PA with no voucher or discount code... it definitely felt rather weird lol.

Knifonium seems to be on an unannounced sale (or maybe I missed the announcement), $24.99. Not $15, I know. But not $29.99 either, might be as good as its gonna get, at least in the short-term future lol. Anyway, I thought that was a fair price on it.
Yea man... a good price for any decent plug.

Was messing around with Sculpt today... very deep plug with a lot of possibilities... had it on a drum bus with nothing else and was getting some very interesting results... sort of an anti-compression where it could trim around the transients and lessen the decay of each drum without effecting the transients... sort of just made it dryer, cleaner and tighter without any artifacts or loss of punch... never been able to do that before. I get sleepy reading the manual so it may be a minute before I know how that worked.

Edit: this is really a cool plug and stupidly versatile... the side chain eq, tone sculpt and trans emphasis section puts it over the edge... so much fun.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If you can; find a second hand Novation SL Mk1 or 2. These were still built proper and have the Fatar keybed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by squig ➡️
Can’t you just unsubscribe from their mailing list?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
If you can; find a second hand Novation SL Mk1 or 2. These were still built proper and have the Fatar keybed.
Thanks for the hint!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks for the hint!
They may be hard to find though. I know I wont be getting rid of mine until it truly breaks beyond repair.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I see 2-3 on eBay in Germany. But no mk1 only mk2
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Does anybody watch the bad audio gear YouTube channel by audiopilz? Fun channel if you haven’t yet seen it… I tend to watch an episode then instantly want the ‘bad gear’ he features if I don’t already have it!

There was a point where it felt like he was spying on me to choose the next ‘victim’ as he was featuring so many bits of gear I own

How much ‘bad gear’ do you have? ;-)
trg
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokeez ➡️
Does anybody watch the bad audio gear YouTube channel by audiopilz? Fun channel if you haven’t yet seen it… I tend to watch an episode then instantly want the ‘bad gear’ he features if I don’t already have it!

There was a point where it felt like he was spying on me to choose the next ‘victim’ as he was featuring so many bits of gear I own

How much ‘bad gear’ do you have? ;-)
Beware! You need approx. 3-4 times the actual video length to watch his videos. Stop, rewind, stop exactly at the joke he shows for less than half a second, read it and laugh, then continue on.

EDIT: I should add: REALLY FUNNY GUY! And, yes, I have some of the gear he reviews, and I do want most of the gear I don't already have. Great call, Emokeez!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

In Session Audio Sale on - they say it will be better than any of their BF, Cyber Monday or Xmas sales.

https://insessionaudio.com/?inf_cont...8a0b8cac0e9c09
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
In Session Audio Sale on - they say it will be better than any of their BF, Cyber Monday or Xmas sales.

https://insessionaudio.com/?inf_cont...8a0b8cac0e9c09
Shimmer Shake Strike Owners: Get Version 2 with the Expansion for $57.98.

Or just buy it if you don’t have any version for $107.98

Na….your upgrade pricing takes the p*ss

They want to charge owners of V1 more than new customers…
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Shimmer Shake Strike Owners: Get Version 2 with the Expansion for $57.98.

Or just buy it if you don’t have any version for $107.98

Na….your upgrade pricing takes the p*ss

They want to charge owners of V1 more than new customers…
Agree. I already purchased the upgrade and the only good thing is midi drag and drop. The extra expansion isn't worth the upgrade cost imo. My advice is stick to v1 until it is further reduced in price unless midi drag and drop is literally vital to you.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Tempted to get Spitfires new Fractured Strings for £109.04
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
Don't know if that'll work but if it does that's a brilliant idea! I just registered the bundled studio one 5.5 artist that came with the Atom yesterday. Honestly it's had pretty much everything I've needed since 2.5 except great bundled instruments but of course using primarily 3rd party instruments and effects like everyone. You're probably already aware but the Studio one programmers were formerly from Cubase. I find S1 to be a quicker workflow and I just like the aesthetic but both are great.
Wasn't aware the people behind Studio One came from Steinberg - interesting so thanks for the information. Will look forward to trying it out.

If it's good I wonder what the price for an upgrade to the full version from Artist will be like... I shall have a look.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Tempted to get Spitfires new Fractured Strings for £109.04
They've been releasing new libraries apace recently.
Old 5 days ago
New Sonic Arts Freestyle has 25% off until October 15th
https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/fr...e.php?src=news
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man ➡️
PayPal shut out the online vape stores here in Oz.

Really-peeved about that decision; makes things tricky.
Been having a look into PayPal alternatives, and it's a bit of a minefield. Can't believe how many in theory want photographic proof of ID......for basically an online wallet. I thought the idea of most of these services was less exposure to personal information.
Anyone found a good alternative?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA ➡️
Who Uses Plugin Alliance? How to they compare to Wave, FabFilter, Softube, Sound Toys, UAD etc.

If so, what's your favorite "go to" plugs?

Thanks!

SEA
📝 Reply