The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 11th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
You have sexy gear right there!

The sound for me dictates the performance for me...How the pedals and amp sound and react to the my playing in realtime.

I do need to get a Radial P48 though so when Im recording though my board and amp I can send the DI to another track for fun and some mangling should i choose too.

The DI on the Audient ASP 880 is killer but playing DI into a sim depresses me...

The board and AMP blows chunks!
Yeah, I am still in the early stages of experimenting with that method. For some performances I noticed that it may be necessary to get the amp sim in the general range of the desired feel/tone for that interactive element you mentioned. Something like a straightforward rhythm track may not have the same issue.

I think my next step will be a direct box, like you mentioned. I have been very impressed with some of the recent amp sims, however. The feel is not 100% there, but it is getting closer all the time. This is coming from someone who has been a tube amp purist & digital amp hater since the original Pod...
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
For the Townsend clean sounding preamps work best. That's why I first went with an Advanced Audio CM800T, I thought for my use case it should work well enough as a one-mic-fits-all solution. However that old CAD Equitek e300 II mic seemed to work better on everything I tried it on so I sold the Advanced Audio ond finally got the Townsend. Interestingly the C800G emulations work better for me than the CM800T and there's this example of a Billboard rap song (Money Talk by Rich The Kid and Young Boy Never Broke Again) which needed some overdubs and a Townsend with the C800G emulation was used to drop into the takes done with an original C800G and without any different processing to the emulation it's absolutely impossible to tell which part is the original mic and which is the emulation so I guess it's not too far off.

The ability to change the mic model, polar pattern, off axis correction and proximity effect in the mixing phase is something that is not possible with any other mic.

I am an analogue-sounds-better guy but unless you already know exactly what to set up with your analogue gear the advantages ITB outperform the sonic advantages of "real" gear regarding the final audio. Because the extra hassle can kill the vibe quite easily and the vibe is the most important thing. No one really cares if you used a real Minimoog or one of the best mics in the world as long as the quality of the audio is decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️
77% off - MINIMONSTA by GForce - $29.99

https://audioplugin.deals/minimonsta...ftware/ref/17/
It's good, but boy does it need a GUI update.................
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflood ➡️
Yes, as long as they are phantom powered and can be set the same.

From Townsend's site:
The Sphere microphone is a dual capsule/dual output microphone and it requires that the input gain of both preamp channels be set to the same level. Sphere uses two channels because it’s not possible to accurately reproduce a microphone’s three-dimensional pickup pattern and proximity effect without recording the front and back of the mic separately.

Using preamps with precision stepped gain makes matching levels very easy, but it is possible to use virtually any preamp with phantom power.
Cheers. Think my RME UFX II should be OK if I ever get the Townsend then.
Gear Addict

Is SSL X Comp worth buying for $15?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
I think it is, GUI is great too
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is this emulating any hardware or something unique?
Don’t know. Got the email and shared the info. It’s a pass for me, though.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
I think it is, GUI is great too
Bought and agree-really like SSLs clean uncluttered GUIs...kind of the antithesis to PA plugins. Adding this to the Essentials bundle I added a few months ago and really like.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Get those tunes finished, sell them and this could be yours
Lovely
Old 11th August 2022
Gear Maniac

PA AMEK 9099 $29.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...amek_9099.html

AMEK-2999
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emokeez ➡️
PA AMEK 9099 $29.99
This is known as the "FORASHORTTIME29"...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
This is known as the "FORASHORTTIME29"...
UNTILTOMORROW29
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
16gb of garbage

https://happycomposer.com/aria-lss-review/
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yes. Already have it but where are you seeing it for $15? Certainly not on the SSL site.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Yes. Already have it but where are you seeing it for $15? Certainly not on the SSL site.
I think the SSL native plugin deals ended yesterday.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cheers for that ER - needed some sense slapping in to me - see an orchestral 16gb library for cheap and the GAS creeps in.

Also for an extra $20 you could get Nucleus Lite and then have the potential to upgrade later.
Old 11th August 2022
Lives for gear

What's the best buy(s) at the moment on Plugin Boutique? - as I want the freebies from Nugen Audio before the end of this month.
Lives for gear

Quote:
What's the best buy(s) at the moment on Plugin Boutique? - as I want the freebies from Nugen Audio before the end of this month.
I bought FM8. I think TDR kotelnikov is $10 too
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You do know that FM8 is essentially abandonware right? NI hasn't done any updates to it in years except for operating system compatibility.
Old 11th August 2022
DEA
Gear Addict

Softube Tape Echoes

If you picked up Softube Dirty Tape they're offering Tape Echoes for $15 for 48 hours. Add the upgrade and TAPEECHOESFOR15

Last edited by DEA; 11th August 2022 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: missed steak (yum)
Lives for gear

Quote:
You do know that FM8 is essentially abandonware right? NI hasn't done any updates to it in years except for operating system compatibility.
My band mate loved FM7 so I bought FM8, which includes legacy presets. Tried it and liked it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Get those tunes finished, sell them and this could be yours
I clearly need to write better songs! Very nice.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also got FM8. couldn't resist to finally have this still top shelf FM synth
Before purchasei'd seen multiple threads where N.I. reps promised the Apple SIllicon update 'is coming' with no info on new functionality.
Compatibility, yes. Resisable GUI, ,maybe/likely (?) New features... (really) small chance is 'the word' i've heard.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone got a 500 Series Rack?

Cheers.
Old 11th August 2022
Lives for gear

@ fhunktion is trying to argue with me that Ireland is not part of the British Isles (not Great Britain but the British Isles) - please correct him as he's a complete twerp.

P.S. Here's a link to the thread:

Free Topographic Serum Wavetables
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Anyone got a 500 Series Rack?
Ah yes... Hardware plugins...

Next you'll be going "Hmm, anyone doing Eurorack modular here..?" and all hope will be lost...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
Ah yes... Hardware plugins...

Next you'll be going "Hmm, anyone doing Eurorack modular here..?" and all hope will be lost...
I’m about to buy a Neve Style Preamp and can’t decide wether I’ll get more out of a 500 series version instead ….
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA ➡️
If you picked up Softube Dirty Tape they're offering Tape Echoes for $15 for 48 hours. Add the upgrade and TAPEECHOESFOR15
Great find! Been eyeing this one since launch
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA ➡️
Where do they post these offers? I have Dirty Tape, but I don't see any offers even on their site while logged in etc... It just says buy for 49euro or upgrade for 24euro...

Is there a secret deal channel somewhere (other than this thread of course!)

Also - I like how in Softube's shop, when you own an item, the "Add to cart" button changes into "Buy again" which seems... optimistic...
📝 Reply