The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Why do so many of the top end Fender Stratocasters only have one string tree nowadays instead of two like they used to?
Because Fender was able to cut costs in half for string trees and people still buy the Strats. $2 x 50,000 guitars adds up. Surely done under the guise of “it was unnecessary” or somehow “sounds better” without it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Does anybody know in UVI's Augmented Orchestra whether there is a way to Latch when using the Apr?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Because Fender was able to cut costs in half for string trees and people still buy the Strats. $2 x 50,000 guitars adds up. Surely done under the guise of “it was unnecessary” or somehow “sounds better” without it.
lol - it's funny because when I was browsing through the Fenders most now don't have two string trees although The American Performer does even though it is cheaper than the top end models.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/amer...d-arctic-white
Lives for gear

Quote:
lol - it's funny because when I was browsing through the Fenders most now don't have two string trees although The American Performer does even though it is cheaper than the top end models.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/amer...d-arctic-white
So far! May be backstock piled on those. Not to worry, though. It will show up on a “vintage” model some day that will be $200 more with that feature.

Kidding earlier…..in all seriousness, I wondered about this a while ago also and did some research. My understanding is that generally, it has to do with the headstock design (tilt), nut, string thickness and/or tuner height (staggered vs not) that can affect string ringing/stability/tuning. Although, there are differing opinions on whether the two center strings ever really ring that much or need a tree. Perhaps Fender did design changes that may have changed the need for a second tree. *shrug emoji*

There is actually a good bit available on this topic. Here are two informative vids:
Why some have and others don’t: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ZDtlEFsJI
Thomann string tree tech tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_IXAq3MtDQ
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
So far! May be backstock piled on those. Not to worry, though. It will show up on a “vintage” model some day that will be $200 more with that feature.

Kidding earlier…..in all seriousness, I wondered about this a while ago also and did some research. My understanding is that generally, it has to do with the headstock design (tilt), nut, string thickness and/or tuner height (staggered vs not) that can affect string ringing/stability/tuning. Although, there are differing opinions on whether the two center strings ever really ring that much or need a tree. Perhaps Fender did design changes that may have changed the need for a second tree. *shrug emoji*

There is actually a good bit available on this topic. Here are two informative vids:
Why some have and others don’t: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1ZDtlEFsJI
Thomann string tree tech tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_IXAq3MtDQ
Thanks for posting those links - they were quite interesting.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 20 years
Quote:
I still maintain that if you own both MixBox and SSSR then you should be allowed to get that module in MixBox gratis.
I believe that's exactly what happened for me, bought MixBox for $30 and they added SSR for MixBox to my account automagically, already owned the T=Racks version.
Quote:
So 6 years ago lol. Move on
LOL wait till Liz Truss deletes any human rights..............
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
LOL wait till Liz Truss deletes any human rights..............
We have the common law in the English and Welsh Legal system dating back over the course of centuries which most other developed countries have based their constitutional rights on. We were never in need of any of these International Treaties or Conventions, they were mainly for the purpose of bringing other nations in to line. Our common law more than suffices. Trust me - I'm a lawyer
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Such a difficult decision to make on Spitfire's Virtuoso Bundle on Sale. Whether to wait for BF and see what the offerings are then or jump now. Decisions decisions...

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/virtuoso-bundle/
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace ➡️
I believe that's exactly what happened for me, bought MixBox for $30 and they added SSR for MixBox to my account automagically, already owned the T=Racks version.
I think they include it if you bought MixBox after a certain date. If you owned MixBox already then you have to upgrade to get SSSR module from what I've heard.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourson ➡️
wow - going thru the same shit rn, this dude has severe psychological issues topped with an obvious narcissistic personality disorder. not a good look for the company to put him "kingpin" and ruler of *anything* in a place where interaction beetween your customers matters - unreal
I’m not a psychiatrist so cannot comment on his state of mind but I can say that Peter from IK is an absolute champ on the forums. I don’t know him personally but I have received really great support through him in the past but most importantly, he keeps coming back.

Real criticism of a developer’s plugin or business is fair game but with IK there are always a number of forum members here and on KVR who IMO are just straight disrespectful (borderline abusive) and not looking to provide any constructive feedback. I have followed it over the years and yet this Peter from IK keeps coming back, keeps engaging, keeps answering questions.

Respect
Quote:
Does anybody know in UVI's Augmented Orchestra whether there is a way to Latch when using the Apr?
I can't find one so far but couldn't you use the appregiator to do more or less the same thing?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
I can't find one so far but couldn't you use the appregiator to do more or less the same thing?
If I want to play chords with the arp live then playing with latch makes switching chords easier
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
We have the common law in the English and Welsh Legal system dating back over the course of centuries which most other developed countries have based their constitutional rights on. We were never in need of any of these International Treaties or Conventions, they were mainly for the purpose of bringing other nations in to line. Our common law more than suffices. Trust me - I'm a lawyer
You’re not alone
Brexit also didn’t touch the Council of Europe nor British membership of the European Court of Human Rights.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wonderful vid by John SkiPy Lehmkuhl on using BBCSO (even the free version) in Unify. Watch from 5:45 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFDjF9JLA0
Quote:
If I want to play chords with the arp live then playing with latch makes switching chords easier
Doh! Didn't even think of playing live.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Such a difficult decision to make on Spitfire's Virtuoso Bundle on Sale. Whether to wait for BF and see what the offerings are then or jump now. Decisions decisions...

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/virtuoso-bundle/
What price do you see?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➡️
You’re not alone
Brexit also didn’t touch the Council of Europe nor British membership of the European Court of Human Rights.
I got an Irish passport so I’m in still in EU
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Sláinte agatsa!
Lives for gear

Quote:
What price do you see?
£499 for the bundle. Why what price do you see?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I might pick myself up a German one at some point. But I am loyal at the moment
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I think they include it if you bought MixBox after a certain date. If you owned MixBox already then you have to upgrade to get SSSR module from what I've heard.
Yes. They always do this, and it's such a stupid and disrespectful way to treat loyal customers.

It basically means that all loyal customers that use your brand in their workflow and therefore buy into new products soon (and therefore at a higher price even) are stepped upon over the customers that just hunt for cheap sales and might not even have cared for your brand any otherwise. Pissing off loyal customers.

In my case it didn't matter, as I picked up MixBox as a freebee in the GB. So paying 6,99 for SSSR was not bad.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
It was really inspiring. I need to spend more time learning tricks and less time trying new plugins.
Ultimately, the tricks you learn through study and T&E should be what drives you to try new plug-ins. That way, you aren't wasting as much time messing around with redundant things, because you'll immediately be able to notice just how redundant they are.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Saturday's big trick:

This is especially nice for 808 bass but also for sub basses.
1) We dub the bass track (uhhh haha)
2) Track one hi pass filter, low pass about 200(optional because we do it later again)
3) Track two, hi pass about 200 with (EVER) a LINEAR PHASE EQ.
Now comes the good! (huh!)

4) We insert in track ONE the brainworx bx_saturator V2, in SOLO, we crank the XL to 100 as in the photo (we made hp in the eq, but we do it here too), we use the drive to our liking to compensate.

5) On track TWO we put the distortion that we like the most, DISTORTION, without fear. I like NANI (because of her boobs especially haha)

6) We continue on track TWO and after the distortion we use a widener, the one you like the most. I use logic sample delay because I like to add a haas effect to the top part. Very very open, out of phase sometimes, depends. Use what you want, but rock it

7) Ready, we mix the two signals to our liking, we create their own bus and then you compress, equalize, whatever you want in your bass bus.
8) That was. health and happy saturday.
Quote:
Cool, then you'll know that it was British lawyers who were instrumental in drafting much of the ECHR.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite ➡️
I’m not a psychiatrist so cannot comment on his state of mind but I can say that Peter from IK is an absolute champ on the forums. I don’t know him personally but I have received really great support through him in the past but most importantly, he keeps coming back.

Real criticism of a developer’s plugin or business is fair game but with IK there are always a number of forum members here and on KVR who IMO are just straight disrespectful (borderline abusive) and not looking to provide any constructive feedback. I have followed it over the years and yet this Peter from IK keeps coming back, keeps engaging, keeps answering questions.

Respect
Agreed. Peter is consummate professional despite many attempts for posters to be rude, aggressive and hostile. And my personal experience with IK tech support has been above average to excellent. You might not always get an instant response but I've always had my issues resolved in a timely manner and they've gone above and beyond twice when I had some issues with installation once sending me a USB drive bc I was having problems installing Miroslav.

While installation can certainly be improved as it has been time consuming, tedious and exhaustive at times I've always been able to get through it and it's already improved a fair amount in the past year. They're products are also priced very competitively and deliver in sound and quality. Not everyone will like them and definitely not saying they're the best or perfect but they've been reasonable to great in all my dealings.
Old 1 week ago
Retail Therapy .......

$50 each
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
£499 for the bundle. Why what price do you see?
Lives for gear

Quote:
What did you already have in order to get it for that low and did that include an educational discount?

That's a no brainer price considering.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
What did you already have in order to get it for that low and did that include an educational discount?

That's a no brainer price considering.
I’ve got everything in the bundle apart from EDNA Earth.

No EDU discount….Spitfire work out what you have in any given bundle and adjust the price depending on the percentage of the discount.
📝 Reply