The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
ToneBoosters now has a multiband compressor: https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_mbc_v1.html
Think I might take some more time to try out my stock plugins:

https://steinberg.help/cubase_plugin...pressor_r.html
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Easily the best character in Scrubs
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Well don't do it again, or you'll have to buy all easyrider's plugins off him, and he's been using them as sex toys!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, I may well not have MixBox, it appears the order didn't go through to completion, but then they shouldn't have taken my money.
Let's see how they deal with it.............................
PayPal will just refund you
Quote:
Yeah, but I actually want MixBox. They offered it me, I paid for it.....they are at fault, not me, not PayPal............................they should only take the money when the transaction has gone through, or they should honour it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Yeah, but I actually want MixBox. They offered it me, I paid for it.....they are at fault, not me, not PayPal............................they should only take the money when the transaction has gone through, or they should honour it.
Just buy it again?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I had a good customer experience with Universal Audio today. I purchased an Apollo Solo (on sale for $499) and had some trouble registering the Heritage Edition plugins. I had to reach out to UA to get it sorted and they were quick, friendly, and let me pick any 5 plugins from a bigger list.

So for $499 I got a new Apollo Solo, Hitsville EQ, SSL Channelstrip, API 2500, Neve 1073, and the Neve Compressor collection.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

I cleaned up my useless and 3rd Party VSTs when cubase 10 was released. The quality and variety of Steinberg's stock plugins is excellent. You'll feel lighter after a good plugin cleansing
My philosophy is only installing 3rd party plugins that the DAW doesn't really have and hi quality plugins that crush the cubase's ones.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Speaking of stock plugins...here's a treat for all the cool kids that use a Mac and Logic!

There was a Logic session of Beck's "Colors" that came with Logic a few years ago but it's now been replaced with other demos. I poked around and found it again. There's also Helena Beat from Foster the People.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kqfkv5cqx...y2chFxpra?dl=0

I also found the Killer's "Spaceman" which is another great tune, great production which came with Logic 9. You'll need to use the torrent of this.
https://archive.org/details/spacemandemo

So today I really tore into Colors and learned so much about production, eq, compression, layering...you name it, it's in that song.

One of the drum parts that just sounds huge, sounds like a 57 on a kit in someone's bedroom when you turn all the stuff off. Good thing too is that you can save these plugin presets and channel strips.

Some effects are printed but a LOT of this is done with stock Logic Space Designer and Chromaverb and other stock plugins.
So many tasty tricks that even if you picked up a few things it would make a big difference in your productions. I stole the slight +200 sample offset vocal trick and already used it to make my lead vocal huge. In one section he uses that on a backing vocal and alternates offsetting each side so it moves and grows. Really cool, so watch the automation lanes too.

The video is kinda goofy but Alison Brie is in it so I like it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRCA_Fo0rWA

It was really inspiring. I need to spend more time learning tricks and less time trying new plugins.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Something weird has just happened to me. You know how Peter IK has a thin skin about criticisms of IKMM product or himself? Yesterday I get an email notification of a reply in the 'IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Comprexxor' and I was able to read the thread response no problem. Well today I get another email notification for a reply in said thread but when I click on the link in the email to go to the thread I get a page that says that I've been removed from the thread. I hadn't replied in the thread in a while and now I can't find any of my replies. I can't even read the thread when logged in. Here's the thread link: https://gearspace.com/board/product-...-new-post.html
wow - going thru the same shit rn, this dude has severe psychological issues topped with an obvious narcissistic personality disorder. not a good look for the company to put him "kingpin" and ruler of *anything* in a place where interaction beetween your customers matters - unreal
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
Speaking of stock plugins...here's a treat for all the cool kids that use a Mac and Logic!

There was a Logic session of Beck's "Colors" that came with Logic a few years ago but it's now been replaced with other demos. I poked around and found it again. There's also Helena Beat from Foster the People.

I also found the Killer's "Spaceman" which is another great tune, great production which came with Logic 9. You'll need to use the torrent of this.

So today I really tore into Colors and learned so much about production, eq, compression, layering...you name it, it's in that song.

One of the drum parts that just sounds huge, sounds like a 57 on a kit in someone's bedroom when you turn all the stuff off. Good thing too is that you can save these plugin presets and channel strips.

Some effects are printed but a LOT of this is done with stock Logic Space Designer and Chromaverb and other stock plugins.
So many tasty tricks that even if you picked up a few things it would make a big difference in your productions. I stole the slight +200 sample offset vocal trick and already used it to make my lead vocal huge. In one section he uses that on a backing vocal and alternates offsetting each side so it moves and grows. Really cool, so watch the automation lanes too.

It was really inspiring. I need to spend more time learning tricks and less time trying new plugins.
Cheers! I always keep backups of the demo projects of different versions since Apple likes to delete old ones and only keep one as the showcase. These projects are a good way to peek into what a finished (produced) project from the pro's look like.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

That's always a good idea imo. Logic has one too, but the interface still needs a major update. It's hard on the eyes/to work with now.
Gear Nut

Quote:

I am pretty sure Colors was probably not originally mixed in Logic with stock plugins - I see it more of how the mixer might have done it if they were only using Logic. Ocean Eyes is another story; Finneas is very open about his use of stock Logic plugins.
Quote:
Just buy it again?
I'll wait and see how they respond. If I can get it at $29.99, I might, but I'd pass at $79.99
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Penny Drops!

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflood ➡️
I am pretty sure Colors was probably not originally mixed in Logic with stock plugins - I see it more of how the mixer might have done it if they were only using Logic. Ocean Eyes is another story; Finneas is very open about his use of stock Logic plugins.
Yep. People think these are the actual projects that the record was made from - they are not, they are Apple supporting material, made to demonstrate how good Logic is. They are heavily prepared, organised and laid out by Apple from the original artist-provided material.

Exactly what's been done to them will vary - the Billie Eilish one for example is a simpler project that probably does use the majority of Logic plugins. However, very few artists making a major-label record are saying "Don't use the stuff in the studio, use only Logic stock plugins please" or have an arrangement with Apple for a song before it's been recorded and became a hit record.

So stuff will be printed/bounced, other things will be recreated (eg, replacing delays and reverbs with a Logic equivalent, etc), and everything will be tidied up, labelled, extraneous material/unused takes etc removed, comps flattened and so on.

That's not to say they aren't interesting, and useful to explore - just bear in mind that the project you're looking at is Apple promotional material - not the artists' original session*.

* If your finished projects/sessions are as neat, organised, labelled and colour-coded as these - hats off to you for being so organised and detail focused. You're probably in the 0.1% of people making records - everybody else's are usually a *mess*...
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not for digital products
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Not for digital products
The transaction will be reversed if IK did not generate an Order number.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Penny Drops!

Looks like he's just caught on to the reality behind the WEF and the WHO et al lol.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Not for digital products
I remember you warning me about this for software with PayPal before.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why do so many of the top end Fender Stratocasters only have one string tree nowadays instead of two like they used to?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I remember you warning me about this for software with PayPal before.
Its up to the seller

Spitfire Audio Refunded me £399 for two libraries after I realised I didn't need or want them.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Why do so many of the top end Fender Stratocasters only have one string tree nowadays instead of two like they used to?
BREXIT
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjava ➡️
Modo drum SE is $40 at audio plugin deals. But don't know if qualifies for bogo
I got the Sunset Studio reverbs for Mixbox and that got me into the promotion. I can nor choose 3 and can choose from "T-Racks Classic EQ", a freebee

Not that I expected anything though, just was surprised it did add 3 promo entries.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its up to the seller

Spitfire Audio Refunded me £399 for two libraries after I realised I didn't need or want them.
You get 14 days so long as it is before you install them to get a refund in their EULA.

The only bad thing with Spitfire Audio Libraries is that in their EULA you are not allowed to sell them - it's merely a licence granted for you own perpetual personal use of the libraries.
Lives for gear

Quote:
BREXIT
So 6 years ago lol. Move on
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
I got the Sunset Studio reverbs for Mixbox and that got me into the promotion. I can nor choose 3 and can choose from "T-Racks Classic EQ", a freebee

Not that I expected anything though, just was surprised it did add 3 promo entries.
I saw i can select Mixbox as freebie, but... My Mixbox purchase is what got me there in the 1st place!

EDIT: i suppose you had mixbox before and now addded a paid SSS?
(i got SSS with the ;'new' mixbox)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️

I still maintain that if you own both MixBox and SSSR then you should be allowed to get that module in MixBox gratis.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blaster ➡️
I saw i can select Mixbox as freebie, but... My Mixbox purchase is what got me there in the 1st place!

EDIT: i suppose you had mixbox before and now addded a paid SSS?
(i got SSS with the ;'new' mixbox)
Maybe IK are under the illusion MixBox is HW and you might need multiple MixBoxes to use on multiple tracks
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
So 6 years ago lol. Move on
I’ve put you on ignore….
Lives for gear

Quote:
I’ve put you on ignore….
I was really ill in 2016 so didn't get to vote so whatever my leanings are you can't blame me
📝 Reply