The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Being English I cannot possibly celebrate the 4th of July - I want you back. The USA is a child who left home and became richer and more powerful than its parent
Without getting political in discussion, we ran off the rails here. I know our “parent” isn’t perfect either, but the child has run amok…

On the PA front, I was tempted by the big Al sale today but I really need to stop buying plugins. I have so much more than I’ll ever need. How many types of saturation, compression, etc do I need? Not as many as I have, that’s for sure.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Metric A/B is amazing imo.

As to your last comment - we could all probably spend more time using what we have in our DAWs as Stock - I recently was using Steinberg's Multi-Tap Delay Plugin in Cubase and it's absolutely amazing - I was missing out because I ignored it for ages because it was Stock - if it was on the market it would be up there selling for around $100.

Any Cubase users out there - try it out - that thing is amazing on so many levels!!!
I agree, and also the Ping Pong Delay is very good IMO.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludar ➡️
Fatigue comes if you push too much content. Quiet mixes will not played by djs, its an art itself keep things simple enough to not make mix sound annoying but loud same time. I used to hate it but thats the new standard, need to adapt.

Same thing with transients.

That said, my heart belongs to 80s italo disco, that was honest music unlike things we do nowadays.
No arguments that effective club/dance is all about keeping the musical content as simple as possible (but using lots of layering / automation / fx / subtle fills and variation - to make it interesting).

I will admit I didn’t appreciate this plug-in is predominately about detecting transients and swapping out the transient for a different sample with more impact.

Obviously trying to make it all really loud and punchy is nothing new / are we just saying that traditional processing isn’t cutting it anymore because all the cool kids have moved to using transient replacement and that’s now what’s needed to compete?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
Other option might be Valhalla Delay or mess with Echoboy and Microshift in series.
I think even Waves Doubler can be considered as another good option, as old as it is.
Gear Maniac

IK Multimedia - Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - Lowest Price Ever

I don't use IK Multimedia but saw this deal, so if anyone was waiting for the Miroslav Philharmonik 2, it is at the "lowest price ever".

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 - $99.99 (from $499)
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Crossgrade - $99.99 (from $299)

*JamPoints accepted at the IK online store

Weird they didn't make it cheaper to crossgrade though, but it is what it is.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightchef ➡️
It might be too blunt an instrument for most music purposes, especially whole mixes.
Not at all. In the past year since buying it, I've used it during mastering to fix plenty of harsh mixes. I find it really great for taking the edge off of things, and it works nicely in conjunction with Soothe.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️
I don't use IK Multimedia but saw this deal, so if anyone was waiting for the Miroslav Philharmonik 2, it is at the "lowest price ever".

Lowest price ever eh. I guess they forgot about the $99 deal they did for Philharmonik 2 back in 2019.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
I got API Vision in December 2021 also for $19 + tax with an upgrade coupon code, so I know what you mean. I seem to recall having to own the legacy version to get the code, though. So, if someone is only buying the new version for $74, or less perhaps in a bundle sale now…still may not be a bad deal for them. I also think once one gets API Vision, the price may be lower for the API bundle in their account / offers. I may be wrong about that, though, as just what I recall.
The discount code was in my cart and I didn't have the legacy version. Ultimately, I skipped out on the $20 deal because I was really getting along great with the Console 1 American Class A.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
keeping yourself busy.....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
It's all good! Thanks for understanding. By the way, my "source" is testing, as well as a techy review article I found of it on google, but I can't remember who wrote it, or where it was, but you might find it out there in one of the gear rags.
You're not the first person on GS to bring up how simple the plug-in actually is. There was someone on here a few years ago that was ranting about it and trying to get people not to buy it, and instead build their own "refinement chain".
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Metric A/B is amazing imo.

As to your last comment - we could all probably spend more time using what we have in our DAWs as Stock - I recently was using Steinberg's Multi-Tap Delay Plugin in Cubase and it's absolutely amazing - I was missing out because I ignored it for ages because it was Stock - if it was on the market it would be up there selling for around $100.

Any Cubase users out there - try it out - that thing is amazing on so many levels!!!
Hmm. I think I might just have to go and do an effects deep dive in Cubase and re-evaluate what I think about everything there. The auto panner is really the only thing I use from that DAW on a regular basis.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
You're not the first person on GS to bring up how simple the plug-in actually is. There was someone on here a few years ago that was ranting about it and trying to get people not to buy it, and instead build their own "refinement chain".
Yeah that person is probably insane, but whatever. LOL!

People hate this stuff. People hate simplicity. People hate silence, stillness, nothingness, no one, and so on.

Dreams of phantasmal complexities, whatever, people get pissed when you pop their "big balloons."

I frankly don't care. I'm also not going to yell at you because you programmed a simple plugin. Use what you like, I don't care.

"It is what it is."

I don't know any other way to say it.

Sometimes the simplest thing is the most perfect and the hardest to see.

Last edited by monkeyxx; 4 weeks ago at 04:32 AM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
The discount code was in my cart and I didn't have the legacy version. Ultimately, I skipped out on the $20 deal because I was really getting along great with the Console 1 American Class A.
Okay. I checked and think it may have been part of the 12 days of UAD in December 2021 then. So, maybe that is why the code was in our carts.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Lowest price ever eh. I guess they forgot about the $99 deal they did for Philharmonik 2 back in 2019.
$99 in 2019 is $113.19 in today's money
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingataff ➡️
Ouch, but true
Gear Head

Quote:
That’s my favourite excuse for splurging on new guitars/pedals… Today is new pedal day! EHX Attack Decay.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I finally got around to (re)installing Syntronik 2. It went a lot smoother than my last failed attempt. The download manager no longer ignores your chosen location, and download speed seems to have improved.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
don’t we already own all of these NI and IZonope plugs?
I think the only thing 'Soundwide' brings to the table is that PA, iZotope and Native Instruments get to sell each others stuff... I think that is what they mean by "working towards a unified user experience for NI, iZotope and PA plugins"

And that's all. No plugin development together.. no new stuff.. just bringing the dogfeed.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Viva La Inflation!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
I think the only thing 'Soundwide' brings to the table is that PA, iZotope and Native Instruments get to sell each others stuff... I think that is what they mean by "working towards a unified user experience for NI, iZotope and PA plugins"

And that's all. No plugin development together.. no new stuff.. just bringing the dogfeed.
They just started going steady. They haven't even had time to figure out how to add each other's old stuff to the yearly bundles. Who knows what they'll come up with?

Dirk is a badass. People may not like his sales tactics but the dude is getting it done and making bank. I'm very interested to see what he does next.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️

Already, the NI Traktor Beta includes iZotope Ozone processing on its Master Bus.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightjar ➡️
Already, the NI Traktor Beta includes iZotope Ozone processing on its Master Bus.
Thank you. One reason more to avoid traktor
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
I don't like the Nembrini DC30. Everybody else likes it. I think it's mud city, like a 20 dB bass boost on that thing, it's insane.

Softube Amp Room, and Amplitube ones are "good" to me.

Yes, just to prove I'm not an earhole, I've owned a Vox AC30HW. Not that really matters either. But whatever
The problem with most amp sims is the IRs and the cab sims. I just got SpeakerMix Pro in the Celestion sale and it's like a blanket's been lifted off my virtual cabs. The Nembrini DC30 sounds great with Celestion 2x12 blue and cream DSRs, no mud. The standard Celestion IRs are a step up from everything else I've used too.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Lisa gui just looks to complicated for me. Are the presets good ?

Asking for a friend
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Lisa gui just looks to complicated for me. Are the presets good ?

Asking for a friend
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to buy a plugin.

For context, just read back your posts in the previous, hmm, 40 pages or so, and see whether that informs your opinions about your imminent plugin purchase temptations...

I'm not going to enable your addiction when you've spent so long convincing us all you've beaten it...
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
who is this friend ? the amount of times they are asking you , can’t they set up their own account ?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️

It’s not worth the disk space….plenty of better options out there Like Free Labs and Spitfire BBC discover, both are free…

Don’t make the mistake of buying an orchestral library when it’s cheap….it doesn’t even have legato….
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
Sounds like you're looking for an excuse to buy a plugin.

For context, just read back your posts in the previous, hmm, 40 pages or so, and see whether that informs your opinions about your imminent plugin purchase temptations...

I'm not going to enable your addiction when you've spent so long convincing us all you've beaten it...
It was my attempt at humour….no interest in Lisa and won’t be buying it….I was just making a comment about the complex gui that gives me anxiety every time I see it in a PA promo email….
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
who is this friend ? the amount of times they are asking you , can’t they set up their own account ?
Neptune….

He didn’t want to admit he loves presets!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
so it's july 5th here - where's this ext365 thing? I can't see anything on the website...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Neptune….

He didn’t want to admit he loves presets!
I make no attempt at hiding it - I love presets

📝 Reply