The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40171
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
There's certainly A LOT of money being made with all the tests and things being sold. Definitely a reason to push it.

Always always follow the money. Humans lie - money trails don't.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40172
Lives for gear
 
IM WHO YOU THINK's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
As usual, it costs me money when I post here

But, Falcon for $100 was a no brainer. I haven't dug into it, and that will probably take me some time. But, it's opened a door to my old MachFive library, which opens the door to all of my old Roland CD ROMs that I converted years ago. So, outside of the $100 voucher, I have an 80 Gig library on hand that I couldn't use before.

This seems like the perfect tool for using my old samples and one shots.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40173
Gear Guru
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
And inside that oyster there may well be another world
I don't see why not!
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40174
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK ➡️
As usual, it costs me money when I post here

But, Falcon for $100 was a no brainer. I haven't dug into it, and that will probably take me some time. But, it's opened a door to my old MachFive library, which opens the door to all of my old Roland CD ROMs that I converted years ago. So, outside of the $100 voucher, I have an 80 Gig library on hand that I couldn't use before.

This seems like the perfect tool for using my old samples and one shots.
Does it load Mach five patches or is it just at the sample level?
I converted all my old Roland S760 stuff to M5 a long time ago. Not sure if that’s worth waking up anymore or not. They’ve made a lot of progress in sampling since then.

Last edited by guavadude; 3rd July 2022 at 02:01 PM..
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40175
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
All the deletions, for when you forget that this website is Strictly Commercial.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40176
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
All the deletions, for when you forget that this website is Strictly Commercial.
Lol. To get back on track - Boz Digital Lab's Panther is currently on sale on AD for $19 and since I am after a stereo widening plugin at the moment I think I will demo this against the others I have been trying out.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...l-labs-panther

Anyone have any experience of this one? Cheers.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40177
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
I don't see why not!
check out the grain of sand theory. probably be a few grains inside the oyster shell....unless you’d totally washed ya hands of the mixbox !
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40178
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
check out the grain of sand theory. probably be a few grains inside the oyster shell....unless you’d totally washed ya hands of the mixbox !
Some oyster farmers would go around putting grains of sand in 'em.
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40179
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
So my Boss DM-2w has a wet out and a dry out. I can run my amp's XLR or preamp out into one input, and the dry out which has no delay or reverb effects on it, and then use two inputs in my DAW with trusty DC8C3 by Klanghelm as my go-to side chainer keying in the dry signal to control the compression action of the wet signal and get a chain of three delays and three reverbs (all three reverbs have pitch altering effects as well) to then duck according to how I configure the side chain behavior.

This sounds so freaking cool the future is amazing.

Made the mistake of hitting up a favorite used music gear shop today, I'm... probably going to get a Walrus Bellwether because can you really have too many awesome BBD analog delays? I mean, think on that question, before you say yes understand that they are BBD analog delays we're talking about here, not turds in a punchbowl, okay, this is some good stuff. GOOD STUFF. 'Bout $170 off the usual price for one. But I gotta spend some time with it again to be sure - have to run by there Tuesday afternoon, closed for the holiday tomorrow and Monday. I also set up tentative plans to jam with another musician there who runs a studio in town and plays guitar also in a couple bands that gig, here's hoping that pans out - I'd love to get out there in the local scene and do my thing musically

Last edited by Agreed; 3rd July 2022 at 05:32 AM..
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40180
@ Agreed I had a listen to the Bellwether, it didn't sound as good as my DOD Rubberneck, nothing I've heard does, and I've heard a lot of BBD delays. The Rubberneck has everything I want in an analog delay. I got it cheaper from Thomann.
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40181
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Oh yeah? Thanks for your thoughts squig, never tried the DOD but I do quite like my dm-2w, which is a BBD also with up to 800ms of time - I'll bring it with me when I go back to make my decision and see if I think there's a compelling reason to get it head to head.

I'm a big fan of Toneczar pedals, but they are pricey - I'd love to have one of his Echoczar pedals. First analog delay pedals with more than a second of delay time, very carefully designed with clever controls, but man $800 is a big investment. Back in 2004 when it was introduced there was nothing like it, these days there are options for interesting analog delays. I can't get enough of the sound - don't get me wrong, I love digital delays and delays that model quirks and unusual characteristics (love the OBNE Black Fountain V3, as a for-instance), but there really is something special about how a BBD handles the signal.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
Oh yeah? Thanks for your thoughts squig, never tried the DOD but I do quite like my dm-2w, which is a BBD also with up to 800ms of time - I'll bring it with me when I go back to make my decision and see if I think there's a compelling reason to get it head to head.
I like the DM-2w a lot too, probably my second fav BBD to the DOD. Featurewise, the Rubberneck slays the DM-2w. I got the Rubberneck for the same price as a DM-2w. There's some good youtube shootous between the Rubberneck and the DMB, and the Carbon Copy Deluxe.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40183
Gear Guru
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
check out the grain of sand theory. probably be a few grains inside the oyster shell....unless you’d totally washed ya hands of the mixbox !
in buddho-speak what I think this idea or reality is called is "Indra's Net."

a web of jewels in which all things are reflected in all other things

or that the smallest thing contains every other thing

and so on!
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40184
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I am you and you are me

Lose small mind!
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
I'm a big fan of Toneczar pedals, but they are pricey - I'd love to have one of his Echoczar pedals. First analog delay pedals with more than a second of delay time, very carefully designed with clever controls, but man $800 is a big investment. Back in 2004 when it was introduced there was nothing like it, these days there are options for interesting analog delays. I can't get enough of the sound - don't get me wrong, I love digital delays and delays that model quirks and unusual characteristics (love the OBNE Black Fountain V3, as a for-instance), but there really is something special about how a BBD handles the signal.
The Rubberneck has 1.5 seconds of delay time and momentary regen control, it's a dub monster.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40186
Lives for gear
 
eagle007's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
Does it load Mach five patches it just at the sample level?
I converted all my old Roland S760 stuff to M5 a long time ago. Not sure if that’s worth waking up anymore or not. They’ve made a lot of progress in sampling since then.
The manual says it does, but I have nothing to test it with. If you want, I can test a patch and see if it loads and render a piece of MIDI so you can check it it is what to be expected.
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40187
Lives for gear
 
LFO8's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Solid State Logic SSL Native Drumstrip: $19.99
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...tive-drumstrip
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40188
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
Solid State Logic SSL Native Drumstrip: $19.99
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...tive-drumstrip
Thanks for the heads up - I only have their Vocal Strip thus far but I might get this one and there are 15 days left to decide so no hurry.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40189
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
Solid State Logic SSL Native Drumstrip: $19.99
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...tive-drumstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Thanks for the heads up - I only have their Vocal Strip thus far but I might get this one and there are 15 days left to decide so no hurry.
I have it and to tell the truth I hardly use all of it when I do use it. For me the gate settings drive me crazy trying to figure it out. I'm used to gates that have a threshold control and a hysteresis control not separate open and close controls.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40190
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
All the deletions, for when you forget that this website is Strictly Commercial.
I didn't know that discussions about covid weren't allowed here; I know that discussions about the Ukraine situation aren't allowed.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40191
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
Solid State Logic SSL Native Drumstrip: $19.99
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...tive-drumstrip
I use this plugin on every mix, the LF/HF drive is so useful on vocals, bass, drums, guitars. Really easy to use with the sweepable frequencies, dry/wet mix etc
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40192
Lives for gear
 
mark123's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
Solid State Logic SSL Native Drumstrip: $19.99
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...tive-drumstrip
I got this on the last sale and really like it. Adds some mojo for drums that really works nice. $19.99 is a good price for all it can do imo, and of course even less if have any deluxebucks to use.

Last edited by mark123; 3rd July 2022 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Revised
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40193
Lives for gear
 
LFO8's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
I got this on the last sale and really like it. Adds some mojo for drums that really works nice. $19.99 is a good price for all it can do imo, and per the link to AD, it is even less with their sale code, and of course, any deluxebucks one may have.
It will not add the SUMMER22 code to the cart in this deal.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40194
Lives for gear
 
mark123's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
It will not add the SUMMER22 code to the cart in this deal.
Ok. I revised my post. Usually, when the plugin has the banner (although says *exceptions), it gives the discount. Since I have it, I didn’t actually put in my cart, though.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40195
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Ok. I revised my post. Usually, when the plugin has the banner (although says *exceptions), it gives the discount. Since I have it, I didn’t actually put in my cart, though.
Are you sure you don't want another one?

A bit like the joke where a guy rubs a lamp and a genie pops out to give him three wishes, so he wishes for a never ending pint of beer. Sure enough he gets to the bottom of his pint and it magically refills itself. He says "It's great that! I wish for another two of those!"

Old 3rd July 2022
  #40196
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Today I am able to approach my gear again, however currently I am developing throat issues.

The plugin I got with my recent 8+5 UAD Custom Bundle purchase which has the biggest impact is the Precision Enhance kHz I was refusing to pay money for previously. Certain elements really need to cut through in the upper department without actually becoming too loud in the high frequency range.

BTW when using the Noveltech Vocal Enhancer before I found it perfectly usable, however only in the range up to around 0,9% (while it goes to 100%). It's indeed strange.
Old 3rd July 2022
  #40197
Lives for gear
 
mark123's Avatar
 
SSL X-Gate also on sale this month for $89.
Has a lot for a gate, but more than I want to spend for yet another.
And haven’t needed a gate as complex, unless I am missing something.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40198
Lives for gear
 
gingataff's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
If you hate IK and their products so much, then why are you buying and using their products in the first place?
You sound like one of those weirdos that demos plugins before buying them.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40199
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFO8 ➡️
It will not add the SUMMER22 code to the cart in this deal.
Usually when it says that, it is already input before checkout by them. If it's not, then the deal doesn't apply.
A bit of a silly way to run it, really, they shouldn't have the banner on the items it doesn't apply to.
Old 3rd July 2022 | Show parent
  #40200
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingataff ➡️
You sound like one of those weirdos that demos plugins before buying them.
Do they really exist... I thought it was just another Urban Myth
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 265 views: 57014
Avatar for Peter - IK
Peter - IK 21st March 2013
replies: 1502 views: 152767
Avatar for musicman691
musicman691 27th January 2022
replies: 3306 views: 78998
Avatar for Synth Guru
Synth Guru 21st August 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump