The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert ➡️
No, it‘s more expensive (e.g. the Tilt EQ is roughly 20% less and a 3+1 bundle is around 6% less if buying in UKP compared to US$.
So it's cheaper to buy in £, no matter what you're converting it to?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
So it's cheaper to buy in £, no matter what you're converting it to?
yes. I also do it, since Eigenwert told us a little earlier about it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Well unless there sale is going on past the 30th any custom bundle will go back to normal, which means there won’t be any +1 +3 etc.

I have already posted my expiry date of the 40% off that I have received from UA.

If I was you I would hurry up and buy 1 plug to get the 40 % voucher + a £20 discount (that actually only gives about £16 if combined with the 40%) and get on and buy the bundle whilst on sale !

It may be that your voucher will last longer as generated later but I would be wary of the sale ending ( losing the +’s in the bundle ) However Uad do sometimes carry over, but these risks are in your hands !
yes you are totally right. Should make up my mind till tomorrow actually. At least I think I can avoid the 10+2 bundle
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Guitars and dings... a thing for sure. Keeping things shiny and new looking is a lot of work... and for me, just not worth it any more. I’ve got like 9 guitars and they’re all in great shape, but if they fall or I bang them into something, so what, doesn’t even phase me anymore... it’s just a thing and there are billions and billions of these things out there just waiting to be banged around... and when I die, the guitars will stay and continue to get banged up by someone else... shiny and new looking is overrated and a pain in the rear... and temporary at best... plus I think dings and scratches give em personality and mojo.

Embrace life with all its dings and scratches, it’s sooo much easier.
I feel like I’m reading Kurt Vonnegut here. Nicely put.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Just out of interest how much did you spend?
Circa 20€ on the Tilt EQ and circa 520€ on the 13 plugins of my choice, both including 21% VAT and ridiculous PayPal exchange fees.
Here for the gear

Hey! If you have a $75 voucher you're set on not using, please consider sharing it via pm. I have a $50 voucher to trade in return
Gear Maniac

To anybody buying something on UAD Sale - make sure to check UAD Studer's hidden EQ - it sounds amazing, like no other EQ I know
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-studer.png  
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
DrMS is definitely one where if you learn how to use it well, it's easily something that can earn a place in your "Secret Weapon" plug-in stash.

Most will look at it as something to toss onto your stereo mix for some subtle enhancement, but it can work for a lot more than that when you want to achieve some real ear candy to shake up an otherwise boring sound.
Can you or anyone who uses both contrast or compare it to StageOne?

(I know there is the free demo. I'm against deadlines now...not lazy, just no time now. GS is my 2-minute break when rendering audio )
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankRhodes ➡️
To anybody buying something on UAD Sale - make sure to check UAD Studer's hidden EQ - it sounds amazing, like no other EQ I know
Use it in every session😬
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
UAD sale

Thanks to everyone who mentioned this amazing custom bundle sale @UAD.
This is certainly a really good deal,I wound up going for the 3+1 bundle and I am thrilled!
Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
Thanks to everyone who mentioned this amazing custom bundle sale @UAD.
This is certainly a really good deal,I wound up going for the 3+1 bundle and I am thrilled!
I suppose it depends on the plugins you choose as to how good it works out. Here the 3+1 bundle is £300, so that's £75/plugin.

(There's a £20 voucher you can also use, making it £70/plugin)

A lot of the single plugins in this sale are £75 (or cheaper), going up to about £114 or £130. So if you want 4x£114 (or higher) plugins, it's a good saving. But if you want some of the ones that are already £75 or less, it's not such a good deal (especially as you could pick up one of those for £75-£20 = £55), but it lets you spend more (good for UA), and get more (moar plugz!).

Personally I'm waiting for them to build out their native plugins a lot more before going back...
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu:zines ➡️
I suppose it depends on the plugins you choose as to how good it works out. Here the 3+1 bundle is £300, so that's £75/plugin.

(There's a £20 voucher you can also use, making it £70/plugin)

A lot of the single plugins in this sale are £75 (or cheaper), going up to about £114 or £130. So if you want 4x£114 (or higher) plugins, it's a good saving. But if you want some of the ones that are already £75 or less, it's not such a good deal (especially as you could pick up one of those for £75-£20 = £55), but it lets you spend more (good for UA), and get more (moar plugz!).

Personally I'm waiting for them to build out their native plugins a lot more before going back...
You missed the 40% voucher in your calculation. With that it's £160 (£40 per plugin) for the 3+1 bundle (however first you need to buy something in order to get that voucher and yet another £20 voucher).
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis ➡️
Did you try the new AA one? Pretty inexpensive.... be curious how stacks up....
Sorry, no, I won't even demo the AA due to the CPU hunger of these plugins. I use the Pensado EQ and Ruby (among a few other AA plugins) but I don't want additional ones as their CPU hunger limits my ability to use them.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You missed the 40% voucher in your calculation.
Thanks, yes, probably because I don't have a 40% voucher and didn't know about it.

Quote:
With that it's £160 (£40 per plugin) for the 3+1 bundle (however first you need to buy something in order to get that voucher and yet another £20 voucher).
Ok, thanks for the info, so instead of £280 for 4 you're spending ~£220 for five. I guess it works out if you want a whole bunch of UA stuff and enjoy the UA poker.

It seems PA and UA are really optimising to try to increase the number of plugins and therefore the amount of spend, as a way to combat the rock-bottom plugin prices. Buy your plugins in bulk, and save big!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankRhodes ➡️
A fun trick with that is to put it on 7.5ips and turn the bias all the way up. This kills high end. Then add it back with the eq, which gives you a nice high end that is mellow but clear. Great for sources that are a little piercing- I do it on overheads/ cymbals a lot and sometimes on vocalists who have a harsh upper mid thing in their voice. Or anything else that might need it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrufino1 ➡️
A fun trick with that is to put it on 7.5ips and turn the bias all the way up. This kills high end. Then add it back with the eq, which gives you a nice high end that is mellow but clear. Great for sources that are a little piercing- I do it on overheads/ cymbals a lot and sometimes on vocalists who have a harsh upper mid thing in their voice. Or anything else that might need it.
Similar but different to doing heavy de-essing, followed up with a nice EQ for boosting a bunch of high end back into the sound.
Old 30th June 2022
Lives for gear

Antares E-Mailed me with their new pricing strategy coming in next month lol: (Look at AVOX 4 Bundle increase - I all ready have it anyway but man they are trying to push people in to their subscription model over perpetuals looking at this new pricing structure).
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-autotune-pricing.jpg  
Old 30th June 2022 | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Antares E-Mailed me with their new pricing strategy coming in next month lol: (Look at AVOX 4 Bundle increase - I all ready have it anyway but man they are trying to push people in to their subscription model over perpetuals looking at this new pricing structure).
I have no interest in buying anything further from them. They changed the rules some time ago so you couldn’t transfer autotune....
I transferred vocal harmony not too long ago but auto tune is not allowed. Seems a little desperate all of this....

Last edited by GBP; 30th June 2022 at 12:58 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
*reads the market*

yyyyeeeeah, great time to double the price of a $399 bundle

*gulps loudly, pulls collar repeatedly with one finger*
Old 30th June 2022
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Autotune and Massenburg EQ are the two plugins where I am really glad I got them with UAD bundles at some point as their pricing is too insane for me otherwise. With the Massenburg EQ I suspect that the new version is not on UAD because people can get it so cheap with a bundle. The newer version only has additional options for the high and low shelve bands but everything else still is 100% the same the master himself told me… So the older one is just fine.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Autotune and Massenburg EQ are the two plugins where I am really glad I got them with UAD bundles at some point as their pricing is too insane for me otherwise. With the Massenburg EQ I suspect that the new version is not on UAD because people can get it so cheap with a bundle. The newer version only has additional options for the high and low shelve bands but everything else still is 100% the same the master himself told me… So the older one is just fine.
I installed the demo of that EQ and uninstalled it within 15 min. Why can’t people hire a UX designer? Or at least spend time learning some of the craft? As a hobbyist, there’s no way I’m going to use a tool with a poor UX no matter what it sounds like.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
I have no interest in buying anything further from them. They changed the rules some time ago so you couldn’t transfer autotune....
I transferred vocal harmony not too long ago but auto tune is not allowed. Seems a little desperate all of this....
I also got a mail from them confirming that perpetual owners of the Pro version do not get a free update to an M1 native version and need to buy Pro X.

So I am getting the UAD 3+1 40% deal and get AutoTune Realtime from that. Already wanted Ravel and Opal, so basically getting AutoTune Realtime plus an additional plugin (I still need to choose) for 8 bucks.

Hoping that will at least get me going for a couple of more years. After that, I guess there are so many alternatives to AutoTune...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
I also got a mail from them confirming that perpetual owners of the Pro version do not get a free update to an M1 native version and need to buy Pro X.

So I am getting the UAD 3+1 40% deal and get AutoTune Realtime from that. Already wanted Ravel and Opal, so basically getting AutoTune Realtime plus an additional plugin (I still need to choose) for 8 bucks.

Hoping that will at least get me going for a couple of more years. After that, I guess there are so many alternatives to AutoTune...
Wow Antares really f***ed up.
I belive uad autotune is not native m1 yet. I will write uad and ask how it will go on with uad at. Actually I have anyway less artifacts with uad at then with the antares version (I’m own at artist - and I don’t think I need pro, when I need a grafic mode I use melodyn)
I wrote to Quiet Art about a possible update of resizable GUI for WaveRider - you guys were discussing this plugin and got me into it!

They wrote back to me:
"We'll consider it but no plans are on the horizon yet."

I don't understand, is it that hard to implement such a feature? The plugin is really really tiny on my screen! How is this not even a planned update?!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
They should just get on with it and just offer the sub…
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
That is poor because that is just a basic functionality update.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
They should just get on with it and just offer the sub…
Well all ready owning their main 3 things in AVOX 4 Bundle, AT Pro and AT EFX+ then I hope not as this would potentially FUBAR me for potential updates/upgrades etc.

They have seriously been on the wrong path since they started their sub and went down the route of Wibu over iLok.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I installed the demo of that EQ and uninstalled it within 15 min. Why can’t people hire a UX designer? Or at least spend time learning some of the craft? As a hobbyist, there’s no way I’m going to use a tool with a poor UX no matter what it sounds like.
However the usability is the best of any of the UAD EQs. And some of them are really annoying to use.
Old 30th June 2022
Lives for gear

Ah, man UAD AMS Plugins are just a beauty. The Delay is already my most used Delay and now I will definitely buy the Reverb. It just clicked immediately with me, dont know why I waited so long to buy it. Hitsville is great too.

People can hate as much on the DSP and the prices and whatever. For me personally they still on top of the Plugin game. Quality is always there. U have for sure other developers who do great coding, but imo no where u can find a great portfolio full of quality plugins like UAD have it. Call me a fan!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
Ah, man UAD AMS Plugins are just a beauty. The Delay is already my most used Delay and now I will definitely buy the Reverb. It just clicked immediately with me, dont know why I waited so long to buy it. Hitsville is great too.

People can hate as much on the DSP and the prices and whatever. For me personally they still on top of the Plugin game. Quality is always there. U have for sure other developers who do great coding, but imo no where u can find a great portfolio full of quality plugins like UAD have it. Call me a fan!
I’ll find out what all the fuss is about when I try out UAD spark on windows in the autumn.
📝 Reply