The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39841
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Funny, was weeding through my plugs today, looking at what to get rid of, and the SSL plugs I got for $20, would cost me $25 to get rid of... same with a slate, softube, eventide, psp, etc... plugs are really not a good investment.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39842
Gear Maniac
 
Nokturnal's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
What's the trick with the UAD sale? How do you get the bundle discounts?

I really can't spend that money I'm just curious.
Buy one plugin, preferably the cheapest one you want and wait for coupons to appear in your cart.

You'll get $25 "Thanks Code" coupon and also 40% off UAD Custom Bundle coupon.

Then you go to plugin sale page and choose custom bundle 3+1, 6+2 or 10+3.

Add plugins you want and then apply both coupons on checkout.

3+1 = $214.40 ($53.60 per plugin)
6+2 = $394.40 ($49.30 per plugin)
10+3 = $574.40 ($44.18 per plugin)

After purchase, you will get another $25 Thanks Code, so you can purchase another plugin, let's say one of those that cost $74 you'll get for $49. Rinse and repeat

You can also purchase with Affirm 12 monthly payments but that's with 10% APR.

You have two days left, enjoy the FOMO
Old 29th June 2022
  #39843
Gear Nut
 
Bemore's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
The UAD deal looks pretty good, but also gives me hope we’ll see similar and maybe even better deals from them in the future. I’ve spent so much on plugins recently, so I’m gonna sit this round out and enjoy my recent acquisitions.
Old 29th June 2022
  #39844
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Ahhhh shit, I sprung up to help my daughter when she yelled like something was wrong (... nothing was wrong, she saw a cobweb and freaked out, couldn't even point out the cobweb to me when I asked her what had scared her because apparently it was that small). My green guitar took a spill, though, facedown on my pedal board. Tiniest dents I ever saw on an instrument are now its first battle scars, one smaller than a grain of rice and like .6mm deep, one maybe a hair wider but even shallower. Neither through the finish, have to hold the guitar just right in hard light to even see them as they're on the smooth edge on the cutout side, face is still pristine. I really got lucky how it fell, honestly - but I know they're there.

I had been really careful with this thing, but I know life happens, don't have a single guitar that I did more than just enjoy in its case that avoided dings forever. They all pick up a little character along the way. Glad these didn't actually chip it or disrupt the finish any other way than these little visuals that maybe even only I will see. It's funny, people will pay a lot extra for a well "relic'd" guitar that looks beat up and worn in, but I got this brain worm that wanted this thing to stay perfect as long as it could. I guess that turned out not to be all that long.

Today was nowhere near as rough as yesterday but I'm taking some antibiotics for a jaw thing that's been troubling me since I woke up this morning. It has my face swollen up on one side looking goofy and made it tough to eat today, and I admit it's been working on my mood... Then blammo - the unexpected - in perspective though it's just a couple teeny-tiny dings, I'm gonna play some guitar and try to relax.

Tomorrow I'm digging into EpicPLATE from Bootsy for a "freebie"-subject article for an online mag I'll be writing for some, that will be fun. It's great to be writing again. I hope everyone's doing well. Thank you all again for the very kind words and support regarding my pup - it is a comfort, I appreciate the humanity in this here dealathon
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39845
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Funny, was weeding through my plugs today, looking at what to get rid of, and the SSL plugs I got for $20, would cost me $25 to get rid of... same with a slate, softube, eventide, psp, etc... plugs are really not a good investment.
The damn $25 iLok fee. However; I don't know how they did it, but PSP license transfers are free! You have to email them and provide all details incl the new account and they'll take care of it. Which makes me wonder: if PSP can do this, then all the other (ilk protected) companies could too, no??
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39846
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
I’d rather defecate into my hands and clap
Should I say Bravo?
I guess this is why you keep mentioning chunks…….
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39847
Lives for gear
 
LFO8's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
Man this uad sale
UAD "Sale"

lol. Other companies offer their plugins for $29-$50 on sale.. UAD: $150

"But they are "PREMIUM" bro.. just like Softube"

Inflated value proposition.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39848
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Not sure you’ve quite got that long as it ends 30th June. Which will mean it will still be operating 1st July to at least midday UK time but not sure if the vouchers would still be honoured....
The 40% voucher is good for 7 days after ur purchase.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39849
Lives for gear
 
LFO8's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blaster ➡️
The damn $25 iLok fee. However; I don't know how they did it, but PSP license transfers are free! You have to email them and provide all details incl the new account and they'll take care of it. Which makes me wonder: if PSP can do this, then all the other (ilk protected) companies could too, no??
Yes, the iLok transfer fee's (as well as PA's transfer fee's) are ancient. Based on times when everybody's plugins were still sold for $150 or something. Now with plugin inflation spinning out of control and no one in their sane mind buying anything at MRSP ever, it's too much.. way too much.

I mean.. everyone knows to wait for when the plugs get sold at $29 nowadays right? So you buy it for $29 but then are stuck with it forever, because getting rid of it would cost you $25 (in Ilok's case) or $20 for the buyer (in PA's case) and what buyer would buy it off you when they could just also get it for $29 with less risk of being screwed over? (second hand market etc).
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39850
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
^^^ indeed..
I warned someone in a facebook buy/sell group yesterday.
He was asking: "Someone selling TE-100 ?"

2 people replied they had it for sale, but i just had to reply if he was aware of the forever $29 thing. AND even better: it's mega sale now so it's $31 without hassle. PLUS the $25 voucher can't be used to activate 2 2nd hand plugs for $7 anymore..
(no replies came though btw )
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39851
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
I gotta say, this is a very interesting concept:

X - Dynamic Imager Plugin

... and probably sounds pretty cool.

We’re entering a new era of stereo widening wars...
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39852
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdrum_nyc ➡️
Should I say Bravo?
I guess this is why you keep mentioning chunks…….
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39853
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
I gotta say, this is a very interesting concept:

X - Dynamic Imager Plugin

... and probably sounds pretty cool.

We’re entering a new era of stereo widening wars...
Only thing is it looks like they don't do demos and just a "money back guarantee" and I have never heard of them before...
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39854
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Only thing is it looks like they don't do demos and just a "money back guarantee" and I have never heard of them before...
That’s exactly what keeps me from pulling the trigger.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39855
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
That’s exactly what keeps me from pulling the trigger.
As to stereo widening - as Leapwing's StageOne is on sale for the next few weeks I have downloaded Mathew Lane's DrMS to try out as I have never tried that one before but have heard some people say it is better than StageOne.

Any experience and/or opinions yourself on this? Cheers.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39856
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
As to stereo widening - as Leapwing's StageOne is on sale for the next few weeks I have downloaded Mathew Lane's DrMS to try out as I have never tried that one before but have heard some people say it is better than StageOne.

Any experience and/or opinions yourself on this? Cheers.
Never tried DrMS, but I stopped look into widening after I bought StageOne.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39857
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
Never tried DrMS, but I stopped look into widening after I bought StageOne.
Yeah - I demoed StageOne and really liked it as well - just thought I might as well give DrMS as whirl just to see.

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39858
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Yeah - I demoed StageOne and really liked it as well - just thought I might as well give DrMS as whirl just to see.

Thanks.
Some good info here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555448
Old 29th June 2022
  #39859
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
someone have a opinion on the UAD Neve 31102 & Neve 1081.
I have all other Neve offerings from UAD.
And Opal, how u like it? I just got last week Falcon, and of course I have other Contenders as Serum etc.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39860
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Thanks - there's a video tutorial there for DrMS which might be helpful. I have around 3 weeks before StageOne Sale ends so there is time enough to experiment with all the knobs in DrMS. StageOne has the benefit of ease of use.

BTW - Has anyone else got Plugin Boutique's Stereo Savage? I had it from years ago and have recently been trying it out as it had been collecting virtual dust but it is so easy to get all messed up in the correlation meter ime with that one or is that the point hence the name "Savage"?
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39861
Lives for gear
 
Eigenwert's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
someone have a opinion on the UAD Neve 31102 & Neve 1081.
I have all other Neve offerings from UAD.
And Opal, how u like it? I just got last week Falcon, and of course I have other Contenders as Serum etc.
I only checked Opal very briefly and I like it a lot. I don‘t have Serum & co, though.

1081 and 31102 are good but old and don‘t model the saturation/ nonlinearities like newer UAD plugins/ MK2 versions do.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39862
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
And so i went:
"Huh! i thought they'd called it X-Gate?"

#ssl #yesterday
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39863
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
In the basket it states you already own this plugin!
Not in this case, because this plugin was bought twice, though one is on a second account.
It's my first experience of the voice-recording/music world in terms of buying plugins and Plugin-Alliance has already left a bad impression on me. I really don't appreciate when a company doesn't answer me, even though I support their job.
Old 29th June 2022
  #39864
Talking of Leapwing..... 30% off @ The FX Chain atm.


Still too expensive mind
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39865
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
The 40% voucher is good for 7 days after ur purchase.
Never experienced or seen that in all my years with UAD + you have to choose and pay for the plugs at time of purchase.
So I really don’t know what sort of arrangement you have with UAD

Expires: 06/30/2022 11:59 PM PST
*Use this code to save an additional 40% off UAD Custom Bundles

Are you saying you buy them for full price and then have 7 days to decide if you want to get a 40% discount ?
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39866
Lives for gear
 
alibling's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Never experienced or seen that in all my years with UAD + you have to choose and pay for the plugs at time of purchase.
So I really don’t know what sort of arrangement you have with UAD

Expires: 06/30/2022 11:59 PM PST
*Use this code to save an additional 40% off UAD Custom Bundles

Are you saying you buy them for full price and then have 7 days to decide if you want to get a 40% discount ?
u have to buy one plugin in the sale (dont matter which one). After that purchase u get a "Thank you voucher" and a "40% off from Custom Bundles" voucher. I believe u can both use for 7 days.

Hope that makes it more clear.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39867
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
someone have a opinion on the UAD Neve 31102 & Neve 1081.
I have all other Neve offerings from UAD.
And Opal, how u like it? I just got last week Falcon, and of course I have other Contenders as Serum etc.
I absolutely loved Opal (during spark trial), and its the plugin I'm looking at the moment from UAD sale. I have Falcon and Serum too and found Opal very special top notch sounding plugin.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39868
Lives for gear
 
musicman691's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
Ahhhh shit, I sprung up to help my daughter when she yelled like something was wrong (... nothing was wrong, she saw a cobweb and freaked out, couldn't even point out the cobweb to me when I asked her what had scared her because apparently it was that small). My green guitar took a spill, though, facedown on my pedal board. Tiniest dents I ever saw on an instrument are now its first battle scars, one smaller than a grain of rice and like .6mm deep, one maybe a hair wider but even shallower. Neither through the finish, have to hold the guitar just right in hard light to even see them as they're on the smooth edge on the cutout side, face is still pristine. I really got lucky how it fell, honestly - but I know they're there.

I had been really careful with this thing, but I know life happens, don't have a single guitar that I did more than just enjoy in its case that avoided dings forever. They all pick up a little character along the way. Glad these didn't actually chip it or disrupt the finish any other way than these little visuals that maybe even only I will see. It's funny, people will pay a lot extra for a well "relic'd" guitar that looks beat up and worn in, but I got this brain worm that wanted this thing to stay perfect as long as it could. I guess that turned out not to be all that long.

Today was nowhere near as rough as yesterday but I'm taking some antibiotics for a jaw thing that's been troubling me since I woke up this morning. It has my face swollen up on one side looking goofy and made it tough to eat today, and I admit it's been working on my mood... Then blammo - the unexpected - in perspective though it's just a couple teeny-tiny dings, I'm gonna play some guitar and try to relax.

Tomorrow I'm digging into EpicPLATE from Bootsy for a "freebie"-subject article for an online mag I'll be writing for some, that will be fun. It's great to be writing again. I hope everyone's doing well. Thank you all again for the very kind words and support regarding my pup - it is a comfort, I appreciate the humanity in this here dealathon
You got lucky with just a couple of very small dings on your green guitar. My Clapton signature Strat which is a first production run axe in the supposedly rare 7Up (it's a soft drink) green took a more disastrous drop a couple years back. The only work that's been done to it since it was built back in the 80's was a refret but other than that - completely stock. Well one day the strap and the guitar decided to part company and when it fell it fell on to the knobs and shattered pickguard into a bunch of pieces. Trying to find an 8 hole Strat pickguard isn't easy. To say I was severely depressed was an understatement. Before that I thought straploks were a gimmick - well no more. I now have them on everything.

As to the jaw pain and face swelling - did the swelling happen before or after taking the antibiotics? If before you may have an abscessed tooth (that happened to me some time back). If after taking the antibiotics it could well be a result OF the antibiotics. Found out I have a reaction to amoxicillin (which is from the penicillin family) and started having severe headaches and dizziness. One of the side effects I found when researching the side effects was it could cause swelling of the face, etc. I was taking them to ward off any infection from a recent wisdom tooth extraction (keep in mind I'm age 70). Called the oral surgeon and she said to stop taking them. Can't trust even prescribed drugs anymore.

Please accept my condolences on the passing of your dog. We have cats here and it's never easy saying goodbye to a family member. You get so used to their being around with their antics and when they're not there things seem so empty.
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39869
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
u have to buy one plugin in the sale (dont matter which one). After that purchase u get a "Thank you voucher" and a "40% off from Custom Bundles" voucher. I believe u can both use for 7 days.

Hope that makes it more clear.
My voucher was also good for 7 days, but they may have changed the rules to encourage people to use it before the sale officially ends on 30 June? 40% off the current sale price is mighty sweet, but once prices revert to normal… not so much. That being said, they usually keep their sales going for an extra week. Hoping for a surprise voucher on 4 July!
Old 29th June 2022 | Show parent
  #39870
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
u have to buy one plugin in the sale (dont matter which one). After that purchase u get a "Thank you voucher" and a "40% off from Custom Bundles" voucher. I believe u can both use for 7 days.

Hope that makes it more clear.
Well unless there sale is going on past the 30th any custom bundle will go back to normal, which means there won’t be any +1 +3 etc.

I have already posted my expiry date of the 40% off that I have received from UA.

If I was you I would hurry up and buy 1 plug to get the 40 % voucher + a £20 discount (that actually only gives about £16 if combined with the 40%) and get on and buy the bundle whilst on sale !

It may be that your voucher will last longer as generated later but I would be wary of the sale ending ( losing the +’s in the bundle ) However Uad do sometimes carry over, but these risks are in your hands !
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 265 views: 56982
Avatar for Peter - IK
Peter - IK 21st March 2013
replies: 1502 views: 152620
Avatar for musicman691
musicman691 27th January 2022
replies: 3306 views: 78907
Avatar for Synth Guru
Synth Guru 21st August 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump