Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
Korg Collection 3
Highly recommended as is Korg Gadget.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
All these companies are stealing a living….the trend is now that we are all in the constant quagmire of endless updating…..we spend more time updating stuff and maintaining our systems than we do actually producing anything.
That's why some of the oldest dogs in the game are known to barely change or update anything software wise in their studio.

One of my mentors was like that. I'd be telling him about the latest and greatest and he couldn't care less about any of it.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Had for a while someone who I consider to be the best drummer I've ever heard, namely Clifford Jarvis, whom I knew and dearly miss. Stupid a-hole was diabetic and forgot his injections...hey, but that's life. Couldn't believe that someone of his stature ended up teaching adult education in Hackney and playing in jam sessions at Uncle Sam's Bar, though I might never have heard him if he hadn't, so it's not all bad.
Really cool! Yeah I don't mean to judge any of them too hard, I've just been skirting on the edges of various "serious" musical and spiritual "groups" and the weirdness is something I'm really sensitive too right now.

Sun Ra is incredible, that band is incredible, what music! If I was gonna join a cult that's about the coolest one I could think of to be a part of, LOL.

You could say the music of all these people couldn't have happened any other way than it did, forgiving their personalities. I like to focus on the music.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️

Doesn’t matter whatever is on the fecking headstock.
Indeed - I have a strat and took the neck off and changed it so now it doesn't even say strat on the headstock.

Some of the best guitars you can get would probably be custom made by some independent luthier anyway nowadays.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Looks like Melda are trying to attract particular buyers
they must have been monitoring this thread and saw me saying I wasn't interested in their stuff.
Old 1 day ago
I have a Fender Jazzmaster, a Jaguar, a Squier Strat, which I got purely for the maple neck, and a CMI Les Paul Junior DC 'imitation' (except it's not cos it's got two pick-ups) Guess which has the best neck and is most usable....yup you guessed it...the CMI (after the machine heads were swapped)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
That's why some of the oldest dogs in the game are known to barely change or update anything software wise in their studio.
:
Sure, the oldest dogs, but lots of younger dogs who use tools for an objective under a deadline and generate return clients.

And its not limited to software either. It's really learning, knowing and making the most of your available tools.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
they must have been monitoring this thread and saw me saying I wasn't interested in their stuff.
They just need to hire - and empower - a couple of decent UX designers that can help prioritize and organize the interface (and maybe make it more attractive, though that's been improving slowly) - not to 3d knob-ify it, though.

The quality and capabilities are there. But the experience... yuck. Not for me.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➡️
Sure, the oldest dogs, but lots of younger dogs who use tools for an objective under a deadline and generate return clients.

And its not limited to software either. It's really learning, knowing and making the most of your available tools.
Hey Greggybud, I'm also in Eugene.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

PM if you want my NI Lo-Fi Glow code for a $75 voucher.

Edit: gone

Last edited by trager; 1 day ago at 04:25 AM.. Reason: goneness
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Received this in an E-Mail from Antares:

"We’re raising prices by up to 20% on all Auto-Tune perpetual licenses beginning on July 18th.

This is your opportunity to buy any Auto-Tune* plug-in and save before the prices increase! And as a bonus, you’ll get our lowest price on the upcoming NEW Auto-Tune Pro X!
"

Just a heads up to the people in this thread.

Edit: The only good thing is they are keeping perpetuals for their main line of products rather than that sub model. Would be far better if they went back to iLok instead of Wibu as well.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This whole plugin alliance salesalesale thing is exhausting, I dont feel I want to be subscriber anymore I just want them stop. In a moth they ruined whole thing.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludar ➡️
This whole plugin alliance salesalesale thing is exhausting, I dont feel I want to be subscriber anymore I just want them stop. In a moth they ruined whole thing.
It is what it is... any plug for $31 any time, and constant sales of their crappier plugs for $20 or $25... that’s pretty much it, as generic as it gets... the vouchers are useless and the emails annoying, but the plugs are good, which is all I really care about.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
It is what it is... any plug for $31 any time, and constant sales of their crappier plugs for $20 or $25... that’s pretty much it, as generic as it gets... the vouchers are useless and the emails annoying, but the plugs are good, which is all I really care about.
You handle this so well
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

NEW! Lindell SBC - from PA
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I got that email this morning, and it was a little surprising. The name of the plugin and one small picture are just about the only references to the product itself. The VAST majority of the e-mail is about their subscription plans. There’s not even a description of the plugin. No mention of the features or anything. Very strange. I’m sure it sounds great, but I’m a little put off by this approach.

It’s as if they’re saying, “What you really want is our subscription, and then you’ll incidentally have access to some plugins.”
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Still trying to reel someone in for $105 ($55 with voucher?) right after discretely advertising it for $31 too.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metraith ➡️
I got that email this morning, and it was a little surprising. The name of the plugin and one small picture are just about the only references to the product itself. The VAST majority of the e-mail is about their subscription plans. There’s not even a description of the plugin. No mention of the features or anything. Very strange. I’m sure it sounds great, but I’m a little put off by this approach.

It’s as if they’re saying, “What you really want is our subscription, and then you’ll incidentally have access to some plugins.”
I thought the same as you at first but if you click on the email picture you go right to the product page. I'd rather have it like that elsewise the email gets too long and I would bypass it.

To me it looks like an API 2500 clone. Nothing new.

Last edited by musicman691; 20 hours ago at 05:51 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling errors
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal ➡️

It’s probably the same comp from the Channel strip with some “tweaks”
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
I though the same as you at first but if you click on the email picture you go right to the product page. I'd rather have it like that elsewise the email gets too long and I would bypass it.

Fair enough. And you’re probably right that this is a better approach for PA. Especially since both Lindell and API 2500 kind of speak for themselves by now. I’d like to give this one a try. I’m curious how it stacks up against the Waves version, which I already like quite a bit.

Who am I kidding? I’m sure I’ll end up buying this one.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️

Its what they want to trick you into, with their mischiefous devilish nature.....
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Talking

I’m all exited about this SBC tbh haha. Demoing later
(After finding myself sort of losing interest lately in PA releases)
EDIT:
“ The initial release consists of a thorough emulation of the wide and punchy stereo version and an even more versatile multi-band version which is planned to arrive in the Fall of 2022 as a FREE upgrade.”

Nice one
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by metraith ➡️
Fair enough. And you’re probably right that this is a better approach for PA. Especially since both Lindell and API 2500 kind of speak for themselves by now. I’d like to give this one a try. I’m curious how it stacks up against the Waves version, which I already like quite a bit.

Who am I kidding? I’m sure I’ll end up buying this one.
I’m sure there will cork sniffing videos comparing them so don’t worry
I need another compressor like I need a foot massage from Dirk
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by squig ➡️
The PA one is better than the hardware version silly!
Lives for gear

Quote:
And to get the board thumbing their collective noses at me IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A SUB !!!!
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Perhaps not so great in a naval operation I wouldn’t have thought....
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by squig ➡️
Sounds like you've been on your feet the whole day! I'll arrange to send Dirk around while you tap the "buy now" button...

Edit: oh... mybad...

I was interested in this one, but that font... I'd have to edit the GUI before I could use it...

It looks like the VCA comp in the 50 Channel (which was modelled on the 2500) has most of the features of this already, so it might be a case of the "different gui, same code" type thing (which might change when the multiband version appears - possibly why they made the unusual pre-announcement step, perhaps...)

Nuke mode, link filters, auto makeup gain and an extra middle setting for the knee/filters are about the main feature differences, by the looks (of course, they may possibly sound different...)

Anyway, not so interested in this any more....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
Korg is having a summer sale on their software. Someone on Reddit pointed out that if you own M1Le (which came free with a lot of hardware) that you save an extra $90 and get the Korg Collection 3 software for $149 instead of $239 (normally $399).

It was a bit of a pain, but I managed to find an M1Le code in an old Korg box of mine and got the bundle upgrade deal. So far, I’ve dug into the Triton and M1 and it’s so cool to have these classic soundsets in the box. I love how they even organize sounds by memory card.
Nice that Korg Collection 3 is available in the box.

I got a good deal on Triton, too…. about 15 years or so ago! Still liking it! And also so cool to have as a classic in the rack box!
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-97c53919-95bf-4979-8c77-79648a5a06d3.jpeg  
📝 Reply