The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah G ➡️
Yea I love all his videos, yet that compressor one is the one that I re-watch again and again and has been very instructional and influential in my deeper understanding of compression. One of my other favourite people, I love hearing/watching talk about compression is Jack Joseph Puig
You know JJP doesn't get mentioned anywhere near enough around here for my liking - he thinks of compression so differently to other people, it's amazing just to hear his thoughts.

JJP and Brauer are two of my favourites
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
There is a big difference between instant gratification vs. delayed gratification – one leads to short-term rewards that feel good in the moment but wear off quickly, while the other is a long-term life skill. Instant gratification happens when you give in to your desires and get a boost of “happy hormones” like dopamine and endorphins. Delayed gratification is a strategy for reaching your goals and finding long-term fulfillment.

This is a link to the book I have read on this (also available in Audio book) and it's great for anyone wondering about this sort of thing - I highly recommend it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Molecule-Mo.../dp/1946885118
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

This is a link to the book I have read on this (also available in Audio book) and it's great for anyone wondering about this sort of thing - I highly recommend it:

This is weird - clicking the above link the Amazon UK site says the book is out of stock. However if I copy the book title and go to the regular Amazon site (I'm in the US) there are nine used from $56 and three new from $69
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
This is weird - clicking the above link the Amazon UK site says the book is out of stock. However if I copy the book title and go to the regular Amazon site (I'm in the US) there are nine used from $56 and three new from $69
If you click on the link I provided and click paperback they should be available... says £9.65 on mine.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If you click on the link I provided and click paperback they should be available... says £9.65 on mine.
Two different browsers and I very briefly see the 'paperback' thingy and then it disappears.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If anyone else is interested in UJAM’s new virtual pianist Vogue, Best Service has it listed for about $6 less than I’ve seen it anywhere else, and you can use BestCoins on top of that. I ended up getting it for about $80 that way.

I use EZKeys all the time, but sometimes it feels difficult to get parts out of it that don’t sound too clever or elaborate. Vogue seems a little easier to “tame” in that regard, and it sounds great to me too.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by volt_age ➡️
Thank you so much -- I could successfully use your $75 PA voucher to cut into half the $149.99 public price. Paid only $74.99!

Thanks again @ Witchtrip !
Excellent, glad you were able to use it - enjoy!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

I’m following Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (and Robert Browning)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle007 ➡️
Yeah, kinda sucks. The Lexicon 480L is now the lowest I've seen it, and got a $ 25 voucher, making it around a hundred bucks.

Very tempting, now it seems that Relab again is lacking way behind the technological advancements and do not give any clue on when we can expect a native version. And the R4 might not be updated either.

What do you guys think? 480L still relevant these days?
It's relevancy depends largely on you and your personal tastes. IMO, there are still plenty of uses for good emulations of classic hardware digital reverb, but I'm someone who enjoys the kind of texture that can bring to a mix.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata ➡️
Depends on what you mean by 'AKAI stuff'. The driver for my MPC Live is working great, as is the Network MIDI app, and the MPC Software works too, even though Monterey is not listed anywhere. (took them over a year after Big Sur was released to update the Network MIDI app and luckily it still works)

As far as their 'plugins' go, no clue, wont touch those with a 10 foot pole and wish they weren't also taking up space on my MPC either heh. The AIR freebies that we got with the MPC don't work anymore, but AIR hasn't updated their collection of plugins in years and doesn't seem like they ever plan to.
I own a lot of products from them, so I'm interested in any and all insight.

I'm not at all concerned about the AIR plug-ins at this point. They're useful, but not a top tier option. I care more about the fact that they don't seem to have any plans to update VIP. I really preferred it to Komplete Kontrol and hoped they would continue to build on what they were doing with it; but with AKAI you have to keep your expectations and aspirations for their products securely in check.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I'm intending on upgrading to Modo Bass 2 but will wait for an offer.
Even with all the updates they did, if they don't have more articulation variety in there, I don't see myself wanting to use it much. I'd pick it up during a group buy though, if at all.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ah - but I wouldn't get to play with all the goodies now ;-)))
We saw where that went with V Collection did we not?!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by metraith ➡️
I use EZKeys all the time, but sometimes it feels difficult to get parts out of it that don’t sound too clever or elaborate. Vogue seems a little easier to “tame” in that regard, and it sounds great to me too.
You almost always have to make a bunch of alterations to the performances in EZKeys when trying to use it for any kind of music relevant to today, and unlike EZBass and EZDrummer 3, making those edits isn't as intuitive as it could be. They really need to get it updated to their current standard sooner rather than later.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
I own a lot of products from them, so I'm interested in any and all insight.

I'm not at all concerned about the AIR plug-ins at this point. They're useful, but not a top tier option. I care more about the fact that they don't seem to have any plans to update VIP. I really preferred it to Komplete Kontrol and hoped they would continue to build on what they were doing with it; but with AKAI you have to keep your expectations and aspirations for their products securely in check.
With AKAI being a part of the InMusic family don't hold your breath on anything getting fixed (same for AIR). IM is where software goes to die. Witness the debacle with their acquisition of BFD - talk about a messed up authorization system. IM has the reverse Midas touch - everything they touch turns to fecal matter.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Are you guys still using Stillwell Event Horizon? I have a few other clippers, but I'm thinking of grabbing this one without waiting for a sale. (I know that's silly talk, hence the post to see what ya'll think).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
Two different browsers and I very briefly see the 'paperback' thingy and then it disappears.
The Title of the Book is

'The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity―and Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race'

And Authors are Daniel Z. Lieberman M.D. and Michael E. Long

Might be because I linked Amazon's website in the UK but it should be able to be looked up via Google etc.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➡️
I’m following Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (and Robert Browning)
Just looked him up - is that the architectural philosophy of less is more?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks like IK have made the Group Buy up to the Top Tier of buy 1 get 32 Free:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

3 Days left to buy in. Just a heads up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
this thread is dangerous Idon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoneyIdon'twannaspendanymoney
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Looks like IK have made the Group Buy up to the Top Tier of buy 1 get 32 Free:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb/

3 Days left to buy in. Just a heads up.
But for some reason my "promotions" tab only allows me to choose 31 synths.

Anyone getting the full 32?
Here for the gear

$75 voucher

Here’s my $75 loyalty voucher -enjoy!
(Valid for about 6 hours from now):

2022-05-7582XNM3LLRA
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Have another, there just isn't a use case for these for me personally so far. The PA changes have kind of drastically curtailed my personal spending with PA and I continue to wonder if this will help them at all in the long run if it's making people like me and others here in the thread who used to spend more, spend less, routinely:

$75 voucher 2022-05-75UUUKLDER2H

Please let me know if you use it, but in any case I hope whoever does gets something cool for them.
Here's my $50 voucher:

2022-05-50FNRUD2NHT7

Tell us whatcha got!
Nembrini Sale

Anyone tried the Nembrini MRH810 V2 Lead Series Guitar Amplifier? It's on sale for $24.99 (using JCM2499 code), but I tried the demo and not really feeling it...am I missing something?

I'm just about to pick up the Doubler before the intro sale expires, seems to be a top notch double tracker/widener.

Thoughts on either one?
Anyone confused as to what are the valid dates and redemption requirements on this Syntronik 2 Group Buy? 2021 dates? I'm sure it's an error/oversight, but now that it's been extended...do we have 30 days from May 31st, or May 19th the original date?
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-9.55.30-pm.png
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-10.01.01-pm.png

If you had the previous 22 synths from Syntronik 1, how would you proceed with this Group Buy? Would you just pick the same synths that you already had from the original Syntronik and the 11 new ones from Syntronik 2 and call it a day?
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-9.55.30-pm.png   Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-10.01.01-pm.png  

Last edited by davidqp; 4 weeks ago at 03:14 AM.. Reason: added extended date
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidqp ➡️
Anyone confused as to what are the valid dates and redemption requirements on this Syntronik 2 Group Buy? 2021 dates? I'm sure it's an error/oversight, but now that it's been extended...do we have 30 days from May 31st, or May 19th the original date?
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-9.55.30-pm.png
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-screen-shot-2022-05-28-10.01.01-pm.png

If you had the previous 22 synths from Syntronik 1, how would you proceed with this Group Buy? Would you just pick the same synths that you already had from the original Syntronik and the 11 new ones from Syntronik 2 and call it a day?
I’ll pick (and download) them all over again.
And that end date is in 2021, so beam me up
Here for the gear

Quote:
The Title of the Book is

'The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity―and Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race'

And Authors are Daniel Z. Lieberman M.D. and Michael E. Long

Might be because I linked Amazon's website in the UK but it should be able to be looked up via Google etc.
This is really a great book! I happen to have started reading it yesterday. In Chinese, its name is translated as "Greedy Dopamine" and the Chinese version was published last year.
What struck me most is that it only gets excited by the good news that is "unanticipated". It's like the first time one opens a superb plug-in with curiosity, the first time one drinks incredibly good milk tea, the first time one encounters the budding of love. And once the exciting mystery of the unknown wears off and becomes a tedious routine, disappointment takes over.
This really explains a lot of things in life.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidqp ➡️
Anyone tried the Nembrini MRH810 V2 Lead Series Guitar Amplifier? It's on sale for $24.99 (using JCM2499 code), but I tried the demo and not really feeling it...am I missing something?

I'm just about to pick up the Doubler before the intro sale expires, seems to be a top notch double tracker/widener.

Thoughts on either one?
Been demoing the MRH810 for the last few days and it's ok, not great. Worth $25 if you don't have a similar sim.

I'm finding the Softube amps to be my favorites these days... and a few of the PA sims.

Here's a $50 for anyone who can find a use for it...

2022-05-50U6RY78WZ93

... and lastly, this little gem of a plug:

https://wavetracing.com/products/dq5010

Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trote222 ➡️
This is really a great book! I happen to have started reading it yesterday. In Chinese, its name is translated as "Greedy Dopamine" and the Chinese version was published last year.
What struck me most is that it only gets excited by the good news that is "unanticipated". It's like the first time one opens a superb plug-in with curiosity, the first time one drinks incredibly good milk tea, the first time one encounters the budding of love. And once the exciting mystery of the unknown wears off and becomes a tedious routine, disappointment takes over.
This really explains a lot of things in life.
Through a proper meditation routine, one can learn to feel this way every day, about everything. To "see things as new" again, each day, as if "for the first time."

Not sure if that's covered in the book or not, but there you have it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
That's the first thing I thoughted too...........
Flea was funny in that. Aimee Mann was part of that gang too, right?
📝 Reply