The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 22nd May 2022
Gear Addict

Shame they aren't a bit more lenient about what can be used for USB activation. I use an USB SSD for samples, and it would be very convenient to activate licenses from that. Their material doesn't specify how they identify a flash drive does it? Best guess, my flash drives are identified as "USB Mass Storage Device" while my SSD is a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".
Old 22nd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipirones ➡️
Morning!
Nice Sunday trick and... it's free

Good vid. Thanks! Here is some additional info that I posted a few days ago:

Free Plugin - Audiomodern Panflow - Brand new Panning Modulator & Stereo Rhythm Generator plugin. Available as VST/VST3/AAX/AU,iOS, Standalone for Win & Mac. No iLok.

Edit: updated link - https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/panflow/
Enter email for newsletter and get access to three free plugins, Panflow, Gatelab, Filterstep.

All three are also available on Plugin Boutique under Free (Stereo Width, Gate and Filter headings) to just download from their site.
Panflow: https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/9078-Panflow
Gatelab: https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...e/8095-Gatelab
FilterStep: https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...268-Filterstep

Last edited by mark123; 26th May 2022 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: Update link and about PB
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic ➡️
Usually people who think they sound completely different are mistaking the LXP suite for the MXP suite. MXP is a different algorithm set and as far as I know, not made by Michael Carnes.
I have an MPX500 still kicking around, There is one 'Big Hall' or Chamber or something algorithm that comes from one of the bigger PCM units, but the rest of them are MPX algorithms, they're their own thing. Thought the unit was neat when I bought it around 2002 or so, but its gotten so little use over the years. Its just too 'clean' for me, I go for my old Roland boxes instead every time.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 234north ➡️
Is it just me or is this pretty much the only thread worth anything on this site?
https://youtu.be/MinZ7Ij1qdE?t=147
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Good vid. Thanks! Here is some additional info that I posted a few days ago:

Free Plugin - Audiomodern Panflow - Brand new Panning Modulator & Stereo Rhythm Generator plugin. Available as VST/VST3/AAX/AU,iOS, Standalone for Win & Mac. No iLok.

More info on Production Expert (plugin of the week):
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...odern-panflow/
Anyone interested in that kind of UX really ought to check out the insanely powerful Shaperbox2. It isn't free. Not very expensive though, esp. when on sale.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tviler ➡️
Shame they aren't a bit more lenient about what can be used for USB activation. I use an USB SSD for samples, and it would be very convenient to activate licenses from that. Their material doesn't specify how they identify a flash drive does it? Best guess, my flash drives are identified as "USB Mass Storage Device" while my SSD is a "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".
You essentially answered your own question - it's all in how something is presented to the computer. Flash drives aren't really drives in the same sense as a regular spinner or ssd drive. They're nothing more than a memory chip like an eeprom. SSD drives have an interface circuit in them that makes the computer think it's a regular storage drive.

I don't buy flash drives; instead because I have a card reader for my digital cameras I use an old memory card to store my Waves Authorizations. Not sure but I think Waves wants sole use of the card.
Old 22nd May 2022
A lot of trouble could possibly be saved if they said how the licence identifies the device(s). Certainly there should be a way for them to accommodate component upgrades if they are going to be so draconian.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
A lot of trouble could possibly be saved if they said how the licence identifies the device(s). Certainly there should be a way for them to accommodate component upgrades if they are going to be so draconian.
There is - it's called iLok. FWIW i've never had an issue with losing authorizations with my PA plugins and I use the 'authorize all' option even when I only have one new plugin to authorize. For safety issues I make clones of my system on a weekly basis and test my plugins on the clone I booted from and have NEVER had an issue with losing authorizations from ANY developer and that's everything from iLok to PA to Arturia to NI to Waves to anything else. iLok/challenge response/ you name it.
Here for the gear

https://luveler.blogspot.com/
other free
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 ➡️
There is - it's called iLok. FWIW i've never had an issue with losing authorizations with my PA plugins and I use the 'authorize all' option even when I only have one new plugin to authorize. For safety issues I make clones of my system on a weekly basis and test my plugins on the clone I booted from and have NEVER had an issue with losing authorizations from ANY developer and that's everything from iLok to PA to Arturia to NI to Waves to anything else. iLok/challenge response/ you name it.
I've so far had no trouble with iLok, but PA has seemingly always been problematic, but I didn't realise it till the disables. The only thing that changed on my laptop was a replacement graphics card and a change of main drive to SSD. Even those can't account for how I passed the seven limit.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Includes 30 SnapIns now. Those who don't have it should go for it now. It's fantastic and won't be free from end of the month/early June.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Its always been free . But get it now because it won't be soon.
Old 22nd May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I bought some of those snaps previously and I don't even care because having them all perpetually for free is way cool. I love the snap ecosystem (... snaposystem? I'm going too far), this will be a treat when I can get Phaseplant outright also.

On that note I have not heard back from Kilohearts but I am sure support is busy right now with the V2 release. I'll try reaching out again soon.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234north ➡️
Its always been free . But get it now because it won't be soon.
no, there were only 5 plugins free, now they include 30.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrsn ➡️
no, there were only 5 plugins free, now they include 30.
That doesn't actually negate my point The number of plugins is irrelevant. Snap Heap was free and in June it will be $29.
Old 22nd May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Old 22nd May 2022
Lives for gear

One heck of a finale to the Premier League Season today. Anyway back to music...
Old 23rd May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
I bought some of those snaps previously and I don't even care because having them all perpetually for free is way cool. I love the snap ecosystem (... snaposystem? I'm going too far), this will be a treat when I can get Phaseplant outright also.

On that note I have not heard back from Kilohearts but I am sure support is busy right now with the V2 release. I'll try reaching out again soon.
On offer (50% off) at PB currently.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...erpage-nosto-1
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

Try JRR with the izotope vocal doubler and code "group". I got it $15 cheaper than PB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️

I was tempted by that the last time it was on sale, but I reckon I already got too many synths (and everything else). Does it do anything that isn't really catered for elsewhere?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I was tempted by that the last time it was on sale, but I reckon I already got too many synths (and everything else). Does it do anything that isn't really catered for elsewhere?
It’s not a mere synth, it’s an ecosystem.
Old 23rd May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This is a copy of a post I made over in the DUC (Avid PT forum):
Norman Harris - the founder of Normans Rare Guitars in LA is in the hospital with cancer. Had 14 hour surgery and 2 days later had what's called the widowmaker heartattack. I know for some time that he's been carrying a bag over his one shoulder and thought it might have been some kind of medical device. Apparently he's had the big C for some time and the family has been keeping it a secret.

He has some of the rarest axes that have ever been created. If you look at the credits for the Last Waltz concert film/dvd from The Band you'll see his name there as he provided Robbie Robertson some of the guitars played in that concert. Please pray for him to get well soon.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
PA business practices leave a lot to be desired these days imo... Used to love them, they still make great plugins but when their "promotional" emails become impossible to unsubscribe from, well.....
Old 23rd May 2022
Gear Addict

In the end I jumped to plugin guru unify, it has a 15 discount, 64 bucks, I was always a fan of Skippy libraries for omnisphere, especially that ambient chill BPM thing that their patches have. THE only way to continue having their libraries was to buy unify. And the thing is quite impressive in its latest versions.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Don't know - I don't want it - I saw Agreed mention it in his post so thought I would give him the heads up in case he didn't know about the sale. I also have plenty of synths at the moment.
Old 23rd May 2022
Lives for gear

Decided to finally download the Cubase Pro 12 Demo and give it a whirl since people have been saying it's better than 11 for responsiveness. The sale can't be too far away for it as it's usually summer time although it was released a bit later than usual this time around.
Gear Nut

Decided to pass on Lexicon LXP and just stick with the Exponential R4 for that type of sound. I made a soft commitment to start moving away from ilok products, particularly physical only, because it just feels like a hassle and limiting especially compared to companies like PA who offer both easy installation and at least 3 licenses/activations. 1 or 2 just isn't enough for me and my 3 computers anymore, (M1 Air, Macbook Pro and iMac) and I don't like dongles or usb keys hanging from my ports as I like just using a single midi controller and audio interface and that's it. I can't blame them for trying to protect their hard work from pirates but I also don't feel like I'll be missing anything either.

PA's new higher sale prices OTOH also leaves alot to be desired, particularly on older products. I've basically disengaged from them and have another 5-10 plugs left I'd like to pickup from other developers over the next year or so and after that I'll probably refrain from purchasing much except on rare occasion and just use what I have. It was a fun ride while it lasted with PA but with the 70+plugins total I have already, 50 of which were free, I think I'll be just fine. Going to add Valhalla Delay, Soundtoys Effect Rack, True Iron or Kelvin, a few from Kush, MDE, 1 or 2 Reverbs, maybe Pulsar Mu and DMG trackcomp and be done. I feel very fortunate to have what I have, especially for so little money and the majorityof which was free.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipirones ➡️
In the end I jumped to plugin guru unify, it has a 15 discount, 64 bucks, I was always a fan of Skippy libraries for omnisphere, especially that ambient chill BPM thing that their patches have. THE only way to continue having their libraries was to buy unify. And the thing is quite impressive in its latest versions.
Yep, Unify is pretty amazing. On version 1.8 already, and version 1.9 will be M1 native
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➡️
Yep, Unify is pretty amazing. On version 1.8 already, and version 1.9 will be M1 native
Great, the truth is that I made the demo thinking that my omnisphere M1 and other native synths were not going to work, but it works perfectly in logic 10.7.4 native.
As usual in guru, Great stock library (about 600 patches I think), that alone is worth the 60 bucks.
I also see that they unified enough of third parties(for free) and I have many of them. Amazing.
📝 Reply