The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 17th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Based on what I have seen from IK group buys for a long time I feel like there's almost a 100% chance it's gonna go to its max by the end.

I'm not 100% clear on what I need to do to have the whole kit installed - do I need to install the Syntronik Deluxe sample packs AND the Syntronik 2 versions for the old synths? Because when I install just the Syntronik 2 packs they're smaller and seem to include only a few presets, is that correct?
Old 17th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
I'm not 100% clear on what I need to do to have the whole kit installed - do I need to install the Syntronik Deluxe sample packs AND the Syntronik 2 versions for the old synths? Because when I install just the Syntronik 2 packs they're smaller and seem to include only a few presets, is that correct?
... so after going back and forth with IK’s support, this was what I was able to get from them. “Syntronik 2 CS is the main application for all Syntornik related content.” Which when initially installed will give you only a few presets per synth, until you install the paid versions of all 33 synths.

I also discovered that all the V1 presets can be edited in S2 CS via the original synth UI, just not with the updated edit page... this was not obvious at first because when you click the edit button, you get the error message "The Edit panel is unavailable for Syntronik 1 legacy presets." which I told them was totally confusing as well as a real buzz kill... so, to get to the synth UI with a V1 preset, just click either the effects or player buttons twice (next to the edit button at the bottom).

Bottom line... the whole syntronik thing is a cluster f*ck of disorganized wack... but if you can manage to get your head around it, it’s not too bad.
Old 17th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I wish there were just some way to download a big file and install them all from it and have it installed - the sample pack management and installation process is really intensive compared to my expectations, but it is admittedly a lot of content also.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash ➡️
He's done online content for Doctor Mix as well.
Their studios are in the same building...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Waves' Nx Virtual Studio Collection can be bought cheaply right-now:

Intro price - $79.99
If you already own one of the plugins - $67

You get Nx Virtual Mix Room (that's the original plugin), Ocean Way Nashville, Chris Lord Alge’s Mix LA and Germano Studios New York (originally The Hit Factory).

Waves says the collection is $699 RRP.
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrufino1 ➡️
Even better, you get ozone 9 elements for free- a $129 VALUE!!!!!!

Just kidding.

DDMF does really nice work but I need to stop buying plugins and really work what I have (which is already too much). On the bus on the way home from the city today I put on an 8 bar Logic drummer loop with one of the producer kits, then played around with the controls on the psp2445 to really hear what different settings do. I then added IK CSR plate and did the same. I’m going to keep doing more of that stuff. Very good Production Expert article on that today.
Mixing drum loops with different plugins is so satisfying...
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not 100% clear on what I need to do to have the whole kit installed - do I need to install the Syntronik Deluxe sample packs AND the Syntronik 2 versions for the old synths?
By installing the free Syntronik 2 CS then all 33 individual Syn2 via GB, you should end up with full versions of each Syn2 with edit/features. Unless you have a complete Syntronik 2 or Syn2 Max bundle, then each individual Syn 2 needs to be installed separately (and the free Syn2 CS it seems).

Quote:
Because when I install just the Syntronik 2 packs they're smaller and seem to include only a few presets, is that correct?
Syn2 CS installs limited versions of all 33 synths in the v2 “host” with only a few presets. Each individual Syn2 installed then upgrades its individual CS limited version to be a full Syn2 version (hence smaller upgrade only files for Syn2). I don’t know if you also get all presets, though.

Here is the link to IK. Scroll down and click “Compare Versions” button to see what CS installs, what Syn2 upgrades and about presets: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik2/

Note: Presets numbers listed in Compare Versions include v1, v2, bonus content (when applicable), etc. There are posts about not being accurate, and more “ball park”.

Last edited by mark123; 17th May 2022 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: Clarify
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas ➡️
Is Magic Death Eye still in everyone's top 5 Compressors? And is it much better than IKs Fairchild?

And how about the rest of DDMF's catalog-any other gems you guys like?
I used it a lot before I got into UAD. Didn’t find any better mu native comp. I think pulsar mu is also a nice option.

For me personal UAD Manley varimu and also the Fairchild sounds the best and after a while I sold all other mu comps I had.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man ➡️

Intro price - $79.99

You get Nx Virtual Mix Room (that's the original plugin), Ocean Way Nashville, Chris Lord Alge’s Mix LA and Germano Studios New York (originally The Hit Factory).

I already own the CLA Nx, my upgrade price is 57$, but I won't upgrade for that, I think having one of Nx series is enough. the CLA Nx already gives me three distinctly different monitoring environments.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'm so close to buying this god dang Bogren One Knob amp sim. I can get Amplitube 5 Mesa / Boogie 2's "Triple Crown" model into some similar territory but it isn't the same, honestly as a long time Recto fan the One Knob Rev C sounds so dead nuts like how I like to record a Recto. Post-EQ is still important as with any recorded guitar tone to get the ultimate fit but man it responds, sounds, and feels so much like a freaking Recto, I think you could fool people with a blind test. I am internally rebelling against paying $45 for a single freaking knob, but the sound!
The Bogren ampsim gives a sound, and that sound is an insight into the mind and ears of Jens Bogren. If JB says that he uses this plugin and it gets him the sound he wants, then who am I to argue? I bought it because it gives a sound I really like and if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

I used the code "survey10" to reduce the price a little bit too which takes the sting out of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Taxi is one - you can find their channel on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuZ...yC8UGd0T6xcbUg
Thanks
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Hey Nep, With IK TS3.5 Max Upgrade that you have (per past posts), you should be good to go already if you do the GB now. At least, that’s how it worked for me when the GB reached just 10 freebies a couple weeks ago.

TS3.5 Max has Syntronik 2 that adds the original 22 v1 if needed and also adds v2 (with edit capabilities and all the v2 features) for the same 22. It didn’t include the 11 new Syn2, however I bought the new G12 one in GB ($34.99 using jam points) and got the other 10 new Syn2 ones free also so I have all 33 now like Syntronik 2 Max would have.

GB is up to 22 or 23 freebies now. Not sure there would be any advantage to redeeming the 22 individual Syn2 via GB if that 32 freebies level is reached (then sell / donate / transfer Syntronik 2 that came with TS3.5 Max with its own serial number?).
Aah - thank you for this - what I was afraid of (as I haven't downloaded them yet due to SSD space) is that the version 2 features wouldn't be included in the TS3.5 MAX ones we got so I would need them from the GB.

If this is the case I will enter GB today - that should take it over the maximum freebies for everyone else as well as I have an understanding that when I buy in to a GB with IK (being a VVVVIP) that it automatically maxes out the freebies on offer.

In all seriousness thanks for that as getting the Syntronik v2 features were what I was concerned about.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
The Bogren ampsim gives a sound, and that sound is an insight into the mind and ears of Jens Bogren. If JB says that he uses this plugin and it gets him the sound he wants, then who am I to argue? I bought it because it gives a sound I really like and if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

I used the code "survey10" to reduce the price a little bit too which takes the sting out of it
From the E-Mail I received I think this One Knob thing is going to be a series where there will be quite a few coming out (hopefully over different genres).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man ➡️

Intro price - $79.99

I just have the ARS3 one from Waves so no upgrade pricing for me. What do you think of these NX ones? I also have Sienna from AA so I am pretty much covered for this but just wondering. Cheers.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I just have the ARS3 one from Waves so no upgrade pricing for me. What do you think of these NX ones? I also have Sienna from AA so I am pretty much covered for this but just wondering. Cheers.
I find ARS3 to be more useful, because of the way it presents the low mids. If I can get the mud out of a mix in that room, I find it will translate better to other listening devices. It’s not an especially pleasant sounding virtual space, but that’s probably why I find it so helpful.

I also have the original NX and Ocean Way, which are both good for double-checking a mix after going through all the VSX rooms and ARS3, but I haven’t found either to be essential or indispensable. They seem like pretty honest, well treated virtual rooms, and they both sound pretty nice.

I’ve had my eye on the CLA and Germano for a while now. I copied the custom upgrade code from Waves and submitted that to AudioDeluxe. My upgrade price went from $45 down to about $40, and then I used some Deluxe Bucks to get it down to about $35. Not unhappy with that, to add some more good ways to check things as I get close to “finished” with a mix.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Acon Digital Mastering Suite on sale at The FX Chain.
Usually $129 down to $39 what a bargain.
The FX Chain gives an 18% additional voucher for sign ups to the news letter. I got an extra 15% with the code on the site, so I picked this up for $33:15.
I never hear much about Acon Digital but in my opinion they are top drawer.

Last edited by Rickskii; 17th May 2022 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by metraith ➡️
I copied the custom upgrade code from Waves and submitted that to AudioDeluxe. My upgrade price went from $45 down to about $40, and then I used some Deluxe Bucks to get it down to about $35. Not unhappy with that, to add some more good ways to check things as I get close to “finished” with a mix.
Thanks for the info

I have also done that in the past with AD to upgrade as it does work out cheaper usually than buying directly from Waves. I think I upgraded ages ago to the Horizon Bundle that way.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickskii ➡️
The FX Chain gives an 18% additional voucher for sign ups to the news letter. I got an extra 15% with the code on the site, so I picked this up for $33:15.
yes indeed top drawer - the mastering suite is included in the full acoustica too (I always have to go and check).
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
From the E-Mail I received I think this One Knob thing is going to be a series where there will be quite a few coming out (hopefully over different genres).
From his discography, I don't think the genres are going to be particularly diverse! But it'll be interesting to see what comes out.
Old 17th May 2022
Lives for gear

Just entered the IK GB for Syntronik 2 synths.
Lives for gear

Quote:
There are some small differences between the Waves ones (speaker choices, room reflections, etc) if one is looking for more listening choices to check a mix. These room simulations plugins can be fun and my upgrade price for CLA and Germano (already have NX and OWN) would be under $20 each with DeluxeBucks at AD, too. So, tempting!

I was looking to use one primarily during the mixing process, though, to get use to how it flattens EQ. I have Sonarworks SoundID Reference that is working best for that for me (compared many for Eq curves). Held out for a good sale on it last year. Dsoniq Realphones is runner up and is great for speaker and listening area choices, too. I don’t notice enough difference between the Waves ones (YMMV) and I have all the listening choices I need with the ones I have already now, so no need to add more of them to my arsenal. Also, WUP is okay but just not a good fit for me, so trying not to buy as much Waves these days.

Another advantage with Sonarworks and Realphones for me is they have stand alone versions and can be used system-wide after the DAW and before Output sources. Therefore, I can use them for all audio through my computer (comparing reference audio, etc) and I don’t have to remove them to bounce tracks.

I do plan to check out the free Sienna one that you suggested when I find some time, though. Comments seemed positive on it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️

I was looking to use one primarily during the mixing process, though, to get use to how it flattens EQ. I have Sonarworks SoundID Reference that is working best for that for me (compared many for Eq curves). Held out for a good sale on it last year.

Another advantage with Sonarworks and Realphones for me is they have stand alone versions and can be used system-wide after the DAW and before Output sources. Therefore, I can use them for all audio through my computer (comparing reference audio, etc) and I don’t have to remove them to bounce tracks.
Yeah - I also have the SoundID which I use but only in DAW as VST as for ages the Systemwide has played up and glitchy for me (it used to be ok for me when I first got it as Ref4) - if you check out the thread here on GS for SoundID and Reference 4 you will see my complaints in this matter lol. The VST in DAW has some good references in it as well for car, tv etc etc - just static eq curves I think but decent for quick reference.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickskii ➡️
Niice one... got the 18% off email sign up code which brought it to $32... very sweet deal. Thx for posting!
Lives for gear

Quote:
I work 100% with headphones, so I like this kind of tools. That being said, you're already covered by sienna and can use ARS3 as a "second opinion".

I can update for about $30 (missing the original NX and Germano) but won't do it unless I need to WUP for some reason (don't think so)

Edit: I find CLA to be the best all around (at least for rock tunes) between all the Waves NX tools
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
... so after going back and forth with IK’s support, this was what I was able to get from them. “Syntronik 2 CS is the main application for all Syntornik related content.” Which when initially installed will give you only a few presets per synth, until you install the paid versions of all 33 synths.

I also discovered that all the V1 presets can be edited in S2 CS via the original synth UI, just not with the updated edit page... this was not obvious at first because when you click the edit button, you get the error message "The Edit panel is unavailable for Syntronik 1 legacy presets." which I told them was totally confusing as well as a real buzz kill... so, to get to the synth UI with a V1 preset, just click either the effects or player buttons twice (next to the edit button at the bottom).

Bottom line... the whole syntronik thing is a cluster f*ck of disorganized wack... but if you can manage to get your head around it, it’s not too bad.
Also when adding banks you have to reauthorize syntronik 1 to get V1 plugins to work with syntronik 1, little bit headache to figure it out but once you learn it no problem
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludar ➡️
Also when adding banks you have to reauthorize syntronik 1 to get V1 plugins to work with syntronik 1, little bit headache to figure it out but once you learn it no problem
Yea, my plan is to dump S1 and just use S2 for all 33 synths... which is a ridiculous amount of synths if you think about it, I mean have we all gone insane???
Old 17th May 2022
Lives for gear

On Syntronik (v1) and Syntronik 2 editing ….

Synth GUI screen (click twice on “Effects” or “Player”) allows some knob/fader/button tweaking in Syn 1 and Syn2 for oscillator 2 detune, filters, envelopes, controllers, LFO (see Blau attached). Besides the presets available for each, though, the biggest difference is Edit Panel in Syn2 (also attached).

Edit panel in Syn2 has the same tweak-ability, but also allows to adjust/add up to 4 oscillators, oscillator “Drift”, Sub levels, Modulation Matrix, Wave Sets and interactive graphs, among other things. Edit panel is available by installing Syntronik 2 bundle (for upgrading the 22 v1, included in TS3.5 Max Upgrade), Syntronik 2 Max (adds 11 new ones), or Group Buy Syn2 versions (individually).

My Syntronik2 presets browser shows Syn1 and Syn2 presets filters under Generation heading (see attachment). I had Syn1 versions previously or the Syntronik 2 bundle (or Syn2 Max) would have installed them. Not sure if Syn1 versions install with the individual Syn2 versions in GB if no Syn1 previously. Syn2 also works in ST4 (requires SampleTank 4.1.5 or later).

Also, Multis screen (attached) can be accessed in Syn1 or Syn2 versions via the “stack of bars” icon in the upper left beside A,B,C,D to combine up to four presets.
Attached Thumbnails
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-syntronik_2__panel_new_edit_panel-2x.jpg   Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-syntronik_2_blau-2x.jpg   Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-syntronik_2__multi_panel-2x.jpg   Who Uses Plugin Alliance?-94645267-579d-45d2-bc24-9abc5e7b8eeb.jpeg  

Last edited by mark123; 17th May 2022 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Shorten
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Yea, my plan is to dump S1 and just use S2 for all 33 synths... which is a ridiculous amount of synths if you think about it, I mean have we all gone insane???
I completely agree. I hope to slim down later, even with keeping only the Syn2 versions I like. Great deal, but way too many alternatives than I need or can reasonably use.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You getting other faders or just using mouse/trackball now?
No mate. Just console one. The screen failed on the FP16, was replaced under warranty with original purchaser as presonus didn’t want to know and shockingly the FP16 was only 13 months old. Left a sour taste with presonus. Anyway it was away for 8 weeks and I did’t miss it. Thought I would but didn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
To Cubase ?
Worked great with cubase

Quote:
I have the FP8 and it works great with Cubase.
Console one does too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude ➡️
My Alphatrack single fader didn’t survive the Studio Max changeover. I just need only flying fader. Looks like the Behringer X1 might be an option but I don’t need all the controls. If anyone ever makes a single long throw flying fader I’d be very happy.
I really reinstated my Faderport 1 classic. Man I missed the tank like build quality and hard click buttons . Glad I kept it
Old 17th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Falcon multi-sample tip: You can convert WAV to FLAC, then rename the files back to WAV and Falcon reads them transparently as WAV files.
Using AimerSoft Ultimate to do the conversion, as it creates FLAC files of unprecedented small sizes. I compressed a piano sample with KONTAKT from 3.4 to 1.6Mb. Tried an opensource FLAC converter, also 1.6Mb. Aimersoft: 605Kb!
📝 Reply