The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Uses Plugin Alliance?
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36511
Lives for gear
 
Neptune45's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Bet amount?
Oh cheeky cheeky

Let's just say I was going to buy a certain library from Spitfire and because I thought the bet would be a strong bet I decided to put it on that instead and more than doubled it which enabled me to get Falcon, give a bit to relief fund and have change.

I did try and tell people on this thread and share if you look back that you would more than double your money if you put it on (obviously with some risk attached).
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36512
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBQ ➡️
... we're doing a flash sale and you can pick it up for $10 with code DISTINCT10"
There’s a reason for the $10 price.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36513
Lives for gear
 
juanjava's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
There’s a reason for the $10 price.
Just did a demo and sounds really good. It's really versatile and I like you have the auto gain option. Is not AS complete as softube overstayer or Arturia BusForce (I really liked this one), but is not that far on quality and costs only $10
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36514
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
There’s a reason for the $10 price.
Technically there are infinite reasons, and no reason, that it is a $10 price.

But I know what you mean with some of these "cheap" plugins. The old wisdom of "You get what you pay for."
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36515
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I’ve had it for several months and I think it’s up their hanging out with pyro and kelvin that I also own. A little gutted I paid $18 I think but then it did convince me not to buy another plug ($75) as the “odd” section could get me pretty close to the pre amp saturation of said plug. No others would give me that. I have most....apart from overstayer.
P42 won’t give me that either. Will have to compare with Tupe that I recently picked up.....
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36516
GBP
Lives for gear
 
GBP's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
There’s a reason for the $10 price.
Yes he wants to make money, get you on his mailing list and send you offers directly, to sell more of his range !
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36517
Lives for gear
 
kgdrum_nyc's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
There’s a reason for the $10 price.
Kiive is actually a really talented developer with a great attitude and an extremely open and friendly rapport with people here on GS.
IMO judging the software as inferior because he’s selling it a very low price might be a mistake.
Old 16th May 2022
  #36518
Gear Nut
 
Bemore's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
If you log into your Audiothing account, I think you’ll find a 50% off coupon. I did.

I got Springs and Things Motor.

Really impressed with Springs. It’s a welcome edition to my PSP Springbox and Arturia’s spring reverb.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
If you log into your Audiothing account, I think you’ll find a 50% off coupon. I did.

I got Springs and Things Motor.

Really impressed with Springs. It’s a welcome edition to my PSP Springbox and Arturia’s spring reverb.
Hmmm, nothing in my account
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36520
Gear Nut
 
Bemore's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidqp ➡️
Hmmm, nothing in my account
See if this code works:

NFT5S63Y
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36521
Lives for gear
 
mljung's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
See if this code works:

NFT5S63Y
Did anyone have succes with this?
(didn't work here)
::
Mads
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36522
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung ➡️
Did anyone have succes with this?
(didn't work here)
::
Mads
Works for me on anything not already on sale.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36523
JBQ
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Works for me on anything not already on sale.
Better to pay full price. It may only sound half as good if you're using that coupon code. ;-)
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36524
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBQ ➡️
Better to pay full price. It may only sound half as good if you're using that coupon code. ;-)
I think you're right... ... joking aside, the kiive stuff is ok, his updated tape face plug is great and as far as i'm concerned, the cream of the kiive crop... and, it's on sale at the moment for $25.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
See if this code works:

NFT5S63Y
Thanks! That code works
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36526
Lives for gear
 
mark123's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
Free AudioThing Crusher at AudioDeluxe with any purchase.
Update: Available until May 31. (per AD Support).
Old 16th May 2022
  #36527
Lives for gear
 
mark123's Avatar
 
NEOLD WARBLE Flash Sale offer expires 11:59 pm PST on May 17, 2022.

Use code: WARBLE-2499
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36528
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
 
18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 ➡️
NEOLD WARBLE Flash Sale offer expires 11:59 pm PST on May 17, 2022.

Use code: WARBLE-2499
I wonder if @ Agreed thinks of Warble?

I find things like this one, and some of the PSP plugs like OldTimer, and TDR Molot, UAD Studer, ..... uh....

they sort of darken and texturize software instruments, making them sound much more "real" and "pleasant."

Really good on amp sims and drum sims. I wonder if Agreed has an opinion or an experience.

I've started using the modulation on Warble, too. It's really nice. Get those guitars wobbling a bit, a subtle vibrato, flange, or whatever.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36529
Lives for gear
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Like this post if you want to see a pic of my Pollytunnel bursting into life….
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36530
Lives for gear
 
easyrider's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
50% off month

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/newfangled-month
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36531
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
I wonder if @ Agreed thinks of Warble?

I find things like this one, and some of the PSP plugs like OldTimer, and TDR Molot, UAD Studer, ..... uh....

they sort of darken and texturize software instruments, making them sound much more "real" and "pleasant."

Really good on amp sims and drum sims. I wonder if Agreed has an opinion or an experience.

I've started using the modulation on Warble, too. It's really nice. Get those guitars wobbling a bit, a subtle vibrato, flange, or whatever.
I love Warble! I've used it on two or three tracks so far, and will keep using it unless I find something else that does its job better. So, I work with a lot of digital sounds in different ways and I like to set Warble with really really low wow and flutter (talking like 1% and lower) on individual instances on various tracks at slightly different %, with speeds set differently for each too, then use the resonant filters & saturation characteristic controls to kind of tune each track like I like it. Helps to build up over the course of a bunch of tracks to a less "pristine" sound with a little more variance, without being an overt clear effect going on.

I also like to track analog instruments through an instance of it to give a kind of "to tape feel" without being resource intensive. It isn't doing the whole transient-smearing or tape compression thing, but I like what it is doing a lot.

Used more explicitly as a modulation it's very capable also, but those are my general usages of it and what I love it for.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36532
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreed ➡️
I love Warble! I've used it on two or three tracks so far, and will keep using it unless I find something else that does its job better. So, I work with a lot of digital sounds in different ways and I like to set Warble with really really low wow and flutter (talking like 1% and lower) on individual instances on various tracks at slightly different %, with speeds set differently for each too, then use the resonant filters & saturation characteristic controls to kind of tune each track like I like it. Helps to build up over the course of a bunch of tracks to a less "pristine" sound with a little more variance, without being an overt clear effect going on.

I also like to track analog instruments through an instance of it to give a kind of "to tape feel" without being resource intensive. It isn't doing the whole transient-smearing or tape compression thing, but I like what it is doing a lot.

Used more explicitly as a modulation it's very capable also, but those are my general usages of it and what I love it for.
It is an awesome channel 'conditioner'. IMO, it is one of the best at de-digitizing high gain amp sims and taming the sizzle of cymbals and synths.

I rarely run a tape sim across an entire mix anymore. With Warble I can pick my spots at the channel level.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36533
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemore ➡️
See if this code works:

NFT5S63Y
Thanks, finally picked up Speakers.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36534
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Caved on the mona Lisa today, she just wouldn't get out of my head...

Also thinkin bout picking up Hats from audiothang, but not 100% on that one yet...

Anyone know when this magical half off code expires?
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36535
Lives for gear
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazoo ➡️
Caved on the mona Lisa today, she just wouldn't get out of my head...
In case others have forgotted about Lisa, here's another good video:

Old 16th May 2022
  #36536
Anyone think the Syntronik GB won't make 33 before finishing?
Old 16th May 2022
  #36537
40% off all DDMF plugins at Sweetwater

(though it appears less than 40% on some Magic Death Eye)
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36538
Lives for gear
 
Lazoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
Anyone think the Syntronik GB won't make 33 before finishing?
If it doesn’t, they’ll extend it till it does.
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36539
Lives for gear
 
Agreed's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempsperdu ➡️
40% off all DDMF plugins at Sweetwater

(though it appears less than 40% on some Magic Death Eye)
DANG IT I just got Plugin Doctor recently at full price!

Well at least I knew what Lisa was doing when I bought it

I have Metaplugin and PD from them, any of their effects notable to y'all?
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
  #36540
Gear Maniac
 
Witchtrip's Avatar
 
I've given away a couple, but this month I'm in a bartering mood. If anyone has any plugins they'd like to swap for a $75 PA voucher, I'm open to ideas (and I know these vouchers have lost much of their value). I have all the PA plugs I need - just curious what people might want to unload. (I don't need any iZoptope Elements, by the way.)

Bring out your dead!

📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 265 views: 56506
Avatar for Peter - IK
Peter - IK 21st March 2013
replies: 1502 views: 150302
Avatar for musicman691
musicman691 27th January 2022
replies: 3306 views: 77902
Avatar for Synth Guru
Synth Guru 21st August 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump